How do you think you'll vote on November 6, 2018? ( and why? )

How do you think you will vote on November 6, 2018?

• Democrat

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • Republican

Votes: 38 60.3%
  • Third Party

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Mixed variety

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • I don't know yet

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • I doubt I'll vote this year

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Again, the sheep bit is cool and funny and macho and noble and intellectual....BUT our vote matters...tell us how yours does. We’re standing by.

In the case of the President in my state my vote mattered every bit as much as 2.1 million people that voted for Trump, not at all. Those 2.1 million votes garnered the same number of electoral votes as did my single vote...zero.

You claim to live in Cali, if that is the case then your vote for POTUS mattered every bit as much as mine did. In your state 4.4 million votes garnered the same number of electoral votes as did my single vote...zero.

In our system a vote only matters if the candidate voted for wins the state of the voter, other wise those votes do not matter at all. Everyone that voted for Trump in Cali did not matter any more than my vote for Johnson.

Again, the sheep bit is cool and funny and macho and noble and intellectual....BUT our vote matters...tell us how yours does. We’re standing by.

In the case of the President in my state my vote mattered every bit as much as 2.1 million people that voted for Trump, not at all. Those 2.1 million votes garnered the same number of electoral votes as did my single vote...zero.

You claim to live in Cali, if that is the case then your vote for POTUS mattered every bit as much as mine did. In your state 4.4 million votes garnered the same number of electoral votes as did my single vote...zero.

In our system a vote only matters if the candidate voted for wins the state of the voter, other wise those votes do not matter at all. Everyone that voted for Trump in Cali did not matter any more than my vote for Johnson.

Oh I get it...This all works out better for you if you make it about national elections. I guess you do have two Indy’s between the House and Senate...haha

Oh I get it...This all works out better for you if you make it about national elections. I guess you do have two Indy’s between the House and Senate...haha

I am glad you agree that your vote for Trump mattered no more than my vote for Johnson.

I'll vote along party lines for the first time in my life. After witnessing what the democrats tried to do
to Kavanaugh for no more than political expediency, I do not want to be associated in any way with
that party. I will remain an Independent, but will not vote for a democrat again.

So you're voting straight Composition Fallacy ticket.
Nice.
NO troll, he's voting against criminals like you.

Not surprised you have no clue what a Composition Fallacy is. Even after you spend so much time swimming in it.
Start a thread on it, why dontchya? The party which you are quite familiar with has a stench to it. It has never been more evident.
I find both parties carry a rank stench and the more moderate sane ones have either been driven out or will be.
I have issues with both parties, always have. After the debacle with the dems and Kav, I have no use for the democrats. They play this game too often.

What reason is there to vote for Democrats?

Just curious.

You’re an illegal wetback
You’re a barely legal wetback
You’re a man in a dress and a gender wacko
You’re a pole puffer
You’re a carpet muncher
You’re degenerate lowlife who begs for free shit
Those are the only reasons I can think of.

Just curious.

What reason is there to engage in Composition Fallacy?

Equally curious.

Answer the question, then point out your fallacy. I inferred nothing.

Oh that's the easiest question I've had all day.

Read your post above, and I quote: "What reason is there to vote for Democrats?" (or Republicans, or women, or brown-eyed people, etc etc etc)

--- clearly lumps all "Democrats" (Republicans, women, brown-eyed people) into single categories, the individual parts being indistinguishable from each other. What's known as a 'blanket statement'.

Your task is still to explain how that reasoning can possibly be valid.

Rotsa ruck on that one.

So you don't have a question here, because it's loaded. There may be a reason to vote for this Democrat and not a reason to vote for that one. Or this/that Republican, this/that woman, this/that brown-eyed person.

Hell, just read your own fellow travellers' rants from today alone about the Lisa Murkowskis and how they'll be "voted out" for being "RINO"s.

Can't believe I actually have to explain this to what's supposed to be an adult.

Last edited:
Anybody who thinks they're voting for the individual and not the party isn't living in the real world. Sure, there are exceptions to every rule but in those rare cases, it IS an exception. On a side note, I find myself laughing at some of the left wingnuts on this board who have had their heads up Obama's ass for 10 years now and bashed the shit out of every Republican whose name pops up for discussion is suddenly an "independent". My question to them is "Who in the hell do you think you're fooling"?

So you're voting straight Composition Fallacy ticket.
Nice.

Not surprised you have no clue what a Composition Fallacy is. Even after you spend so much time swimming in it.
Start a thread on it, why dontchya? The party which you are quite familiar with has a stench to it. It has never been more evident.
I find both parties carry a rank stench and the more moderate sane ones have either been driven out or will be.
I have issues with both parties, always have. After the debacle with the dems and Kav, I have no use for the democrats. They play this game too often.
Well...I can relate...it is how I felt after the debacle with Garland. Some somewhere has to say enough is enough thougj :(

Just curious.

Equally curious.

Read your post above, and I quote: "What reason is there to vote for Democrats?" (or Republicans, or women, or brown-eyed people, etc etc etc)

--- clearly lumps all "Democrats" (Republicans, women, brown-eyed people) into single categories, the individual parts being indistinguishable from each other. What's known as a 'blanket statement'.

I don't have to explain anything, because there is no fallacy. As far as I am concerned, individual Democrats are indistinguishable from each other, or the whole. Anyone associated with the Democratic Party carries the same character flaw. Prove me wrong.

I will not vote for a Democrat be he the reincarnation of Einstein, Gandhi and Mother Teresa all rolled into one, because he will drag that execrable totalitarian party into office with him, and that fact identifies him as a carrier of the aforementioned character flaw.

A political Typhoid Mary, if you will.

Well...I can relate...it is how I felt after the debacle with Garland. Some somewhere has to say enough is enough thougj :(
Garland is a gun banner, Kavanaugh is not.

Just curious.

Equally curious.

I don't have to explain anything, because there is no fallacy. As far as I am concerned, individual Democrats are indistinguishable from each other, or the whole. Anyone associated with the Democratic Party carries the same character flaw. Prove me wrong.

I will not vote for a Democrat be he the reincarnation of Einstein, Gandhi and Mother Teresa all rolled into one, because he will drag that execrable totalitarian party into office with him, and that fact identifies him as a carrier of the aforementioned character flaw.

A political Typhoid Mary, if you will.
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Forum List

Back