How Jon Stewart turned lies into comedy and brainwashed a generation

Too bad for the left wing, wonder where they will now get their news.

How Jon Stewart turned lies into comedy and brainwashed a generation New York Post

So Brian Williams goes out (for six months) humiliated and derided. Jon Stewart goes out (permanently, one hopes) the same day, but on a giant Comedy Homecoming King float, with a 21-gun salute from the media, his path strewn with roses and teardrops.

Why?

Brian Williams lied about his personal exploits a few times. Jon Stewart was unabashedly and habitually dishonest.

This is an Op/Ed by someone quite insanely jealous of Stewart. But, as Stewart said to tell Tucker Carlson when he was on Crossfire: He's on Comedy Central and Tucker is on CNN. Get it, moron?

Watch how he has Tucker Carlson practically on his knees....

So I guess your contention that because students watch Stewart and take his brand of journalism seriously it doesn't mean they should because he is on comedy central. I think that would hold water if Stewart didn't take himself so seriously.

I doubt you've ever watched a single show of Stewart's.

But to your point, I guess your contention that because morons listen to Rush Limbaugh and take his brand of journalism seriously it doesn't mean they should because he is on the radio, or whatever the hell you were trying to say right back atcha'.

Frankly your comment makes no sense. Try taking an English class at night instead of posting here.

Add Hannity to that last line, too.

The difference is that Rush isn't being satirical, he isn't kidding, he really is a big fat bigoted racist asshole.

Yes, you just can't have liberalism without the LIES!

RushLiberalismLIES_large.jpg

Is that another catch phrase you heard from Rush? He's full of them you know.

Well, he used LIES, others claim, and rightly so, it's a MENTAL DISORDER...I thought I was being nice to you Pond Scum!

Why do you even bother posting on a public forum? It's not as though you ever have anything interesting or intelligent to say. You're like watching an old sitcom on TV, I can usually guess what your next brilliant line will be.

I enjoy watching you Pond Scum get all tied up in yourselves, as unimportant as you are! Of course you've heard this before, it's common knowledge, and posted here everyday by Patriots! Of which, you don't appear to be!...Did you guess that line also?

You just can't stop yourself can you? It's superficial, childish remarks or nothing where you're concerned.

The difference is that Rush isn't being satirical, he isn't kidding, he really is a big fat bigoted racist asshole.

Well, he used LIES, others claim, and rightly so, it's a MENTAL DISORDER...I thought I was being nice to you Pond Scum!

Why do you even bother posting on a public forum? It's not as though you ever have anything interesting or intelligent to say. You're like watching an old sitcom on TV, I can usually guess what your next brilliant line will be.
I like the irony when he takes the side of law and order.

I doubt you know what the word meant until you looked it up!

That's what Jon Stewart does. You might as well accuse the Onion or Saturday Night Live of bad journalism. Republicans may not be able to tell the difference between Satire and journalism. But everyone else can.

READ THE GOOFY ASS POST BELOW SKYLAR...YOU IGNORANT ASSHOLE.

Thanks, Jon, for all the great memories. I hope you leave us with many more.

The Only Honest Name In News: Jon Stewart Leaving the Daily Show

Ah, I see your hapless confusion. You never actually read the article:

The news that Jon Stewart will retire later this year from The Daily Show after 16 mostly brilliant years of fake news has been greeted on social media with a collective Noooooo!, or in the words of one tweet, "I regret to inform you that we are unable to accept your resignation at this time.

The Only Honest Name In News Jon Stewart Leaving the Daily Show Common Dreams Breaking News Views for the Progressive Community

"Fake News". It helps if you read the article you're claiming to cite.

But tell us again how satire is journalism. And how its held to the same standard of journalism. Jon Stewart being a comedian, such silly bullshit would be appropriate to his retirement from the Daily Show.
They don't like him because all too often their gullibility was the butt of the joke. It's also important to note that he brought humility and humanity to his media satire, conservatives hate humility and humanity.
And liberals hate the truth.

Oh, and please explain what humility Obama has or what humanity he shows to his political enemies.

Too bad for the left wing, wonder where they will now get their news.

How Jon Stewart turned lies into comedy and brainwashed a generation New York Post

So Brian Williams goes out (for six months) humiliated and derided. Jon Stewart goes out (permanently, one hopes) the same day, but on a giant Comedy Homecoming King float, with a 21-gun salute from the media, his path strewn with roses and teardrops.

Why?

Brian Williams lied about his personal exploits a few times. Jon Stewart was unabashedly and habitually dishonest.
Youre retarded.

I enjoy watching you Pond Scum get all tied up in yourselves, as unimportant as you are! Of course you've heard this before, it's common knowledge, and posted here everyday by Patriots! Of which, you don't appear to be!...Did you guess that line also?

You just can't stop yourself can you? It's superficial, childish remarks or nothing where you're concerned.

You mean I'm NOT supposed to enjoy making you assholes look like assholes?... Now you tell me!

Jon is a satirist. Republicans don't have a satirist. They have angry fat radio hosts and angry Faux News anchors that try to pass off lies and opinion as fact. Stop being butthurt that nobody on the right is funny.

And I'm sure you'll hate the guy that replaces Stewart just as much. :thup:
Sarah silverman!

Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert are two of my biggest TV heroes. We haven't heard the last of Stewart - and Colbert is replacing Letterman. Comedy and truth prevail.

I wonder what he will do.

You know, Friday night on Bill Maher's show they had some sort of a brief disruption in the back of the audience. Maher stopped and asked, "Trouble?" Then turned back to his guest and said they were a little cautious these days since the attack on Charlie Hebdo.

I hope Stewart hasn't received so many death threats that he's got to go underground for awhile.

You mean I'm NOT supposed to enjoy making you assholes look like assholes?... Now you tell me!

I don't see a lot of support here for your blathering and silly cartoons. I suspect you are a quiet embarrassment to the righties here.

Jon is a satirist. Republicans don't have a satirist. They have angry fat radio hosts and angry Faux News anchors that try to pass off lies and opinion as fact. Stop being butthurt that nobody on the right is funny.

Sarah silverman!

I hope it's Jessica Williams, who is on his show already. She does fantastic pieces that are hilarious. Very, very bright gal.

I agree, Republicans have fat haters lie to their audience, Democrats found if they use humor they too can lie to their audience.
Funny the people who can't see they are brainwashed think Stewart brainwashed people.

Maybe you guys are brainwashed. Ever consider that? No? Why not?

I don't see a lot of support here for your blathering and silly cartoons. I suspect you are a quiet embarrassment to the righties here.

I don't know child, I've only been here 11 months, and it seems my ratings shoot down your bullshit like an AK47 does to a water balloon! ...I see NOT MANY think highly of what you do!

I enjoyed that show. Especially enjoy him taking on stuff others won't. I remember in 2012 him talking about the MSM skipping talking about Ron Paul who came in 2nd I believe in Iowa Straw Poll...dude cracked me up.
That sounds like small potatoes. I like it when he made Fox and Sean Hannity apologize for lying.

Weeeeeee-haaaaaaawwwwww!!!

Sean Hannity Confesses Using Fake Footage: "Jon Stewart Was Right!"

Be honest lefties. You saw Jon Stewart as a legitimate source of news analysis when you knew he was a freaking comedian on the comedy channel. You loved him because he was a leftie making fun of only republicans. Stewart had a built in excuse for lies and propaganda....he was a comedian not a serious news source and he was immune from scrutiny.
Stewart is on the left but he goes after everyone. You'd have to watch him to know that however.
Except when philosophies of government got in the way of his liberalism. He was a piece of shit, exactly like David Letterman.

I don't know child, I've only been here 11 months, and it seems my ratings shoot down your bullshit like an AK47 does to a water balloon! ...I see NOT MANY think highly of what you do!

That's because you suck up to this board and I don't. Get it yet?

Grow a pair. No, wait....just try growing up first.

Jon Stewart is a brilliant satirist. The man himself is a very informed and intelligent liberal. However, his show was never intended to be a source of actual political analysis. Republicans just like to believe liberals think it is real analysis. We don't.

When I want actual political analysis, I turn to Bill Maher. His show is the voice of reason in politics. I encourage everyone to tune in.

Forum List

Back