How long before they stop playing the Anthem at sporting events?

And what is wrong with flyovers?

They are costly, dangerous and serve no purpose.

Cost: you have a very good argument.

Danger: how many NFL flyovers have gone wrong? I don't know how risky they are and if the risk is too much I may agree.

No purpose: disagree. Flyovers are great for recruiting/public relations.

Too expensive for a recruiting poster and too risky for little to no benefit. Can you find a single person who said they joined the military because a jet flew over an NFL game?

The Anthem never plays the last part about killing slaves and the reason for that is because.....uh, ehhehehehe ummm...

Kaepernick is a child. Let a man show you how it's done.

I stand because as a child, I saw my father stand. A man who lived the tumultuous transition from "separate but equal" to the times surrounding the Civil Rights Act when angry people who held signs at his new school viscously screamed "****** GO HOME!" I stand because on the contrary, no one held such a sign when I walked into my grade school.

Ravens’ Ben Watson gives fantastic response regarding Colin Kaepernick and National Anthem

And what is wrong with flyovers?

They are costly, dangerous and serve no purpose.

Cost: you have a very good argument.

Danger: how many NFL flyovers have gone wrong? I don't know how risky they are and if the risk is too much I may agree.

No purpose: disagree. Flyovers are great for recruiting/public relations.

Too expensive for a recruiting poster and too risky for little to no benefit. Can you find a single person who said they joined the military because a jet flew over an NFL game?

I agree with you that expense is an issue.

So risky they go off without a hitch 99.9% of the time.

You don't think flyovers are good public relations and don't interest young men and women in the Air Force/Navy?

NFL is all about thugging it up so I would replace it with a good cop kiling, wife beating, gold chain loving, with money falling out of hands rap song. Hope thats what you had in mind, Mac.

The Anthem never plays the last part about killing slaves and the reason for that is because.....uh, ehhehehehe ummm...

As if blacks have been the only group ever persecuted in the entire history of mankind. Obviously, by your not reading any historical manuscripts, you wouldnt know that the founding fathers knew that slavery would have to end. Fighting a revolution was first.

As if blacks have been the only group ever persecuted in the entire history of mankind. Obviously, by your not reading any historical manuscripts, you wouldnt know that the founding fathers knew that slavery would have to end. Fighting a revolution was first.

Who said that? I said the Anthem is never sung fully because it speaks of the glee of killing people who wanted Freedom and by gosh everyone should stand for that because like...who needs freedom? hehehe

'How long before they stop playing the Anthem at sporting events?'

Ask Hillary or Barry. Maybe that's Barry's last 'gift' to America on his way out - banning the playing of the Anthem in the US because it is 'offensive'.

'How long before they stop playing the Anthem at sporting events?'

Ask Hillary or Barry. Maybe that's Barry's last 'gift' to America on his way out - banning the playing of the Anthem in the US because it is 'offensive'.

And banning Apple Pie

Who said that? I said the Anthem is never sung fully because it speaks of the glee of killing people who wanted Freedom and by gosh everyone should stand for that because like...who needs freedom? hehehe

No, you fucking moron. For fuck's sake people, if you're going to chime in so gleefully with righteous indignation, as if some kind of expert and keeper of special knowledge of hidden evils, at least make sure you FUCKING KNOW WHAT YOU'RE FUCKING TALKING ABOUT. YOU FUCKING FUCKHEAD.

They lyrics which you're whining about are in the third stanza. "No refuge could save the hireling and slave; From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave." The stanza is a lamentation and condemnation of the British, their tactics, and their behaviors. This particular portion is a reference to the British practice of kidnapping American sailors and mercenaries (hirelings), and impressing them into the British Navy to fight against Americans, on punishment of execution. The stanza continues "And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave; O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave." Which is to say that America triumphed over the aforementioned evils.

So next time you open your mouth make sure you know what the fuck you are talking about.

Ok, CC.

So next time you open your mouth make sure you know what the fuck you are talking about.

Oooh, you're angry and that means what I said isnt true...except your anger didnt address what I said at all. The last verse speaks about killing slaves....whats wrong with that? :afro: Black people should be happy about it

No, you fucking moron. For fuck's sake people, if you're going to chime in so gleefully with righteous indignation, as if some kind of expert and keeper of special knowledge of hidden evils, at least make sure you FUCKING KNOW WHAT YOU'RE FUCKING TALKING ABOUT. YOU FUCKING FUCKHEAD.

They lyrics which you're whining about are in the third stanza. "No refuge could save the hireling and slave; From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave." The stanza is a lamentation and condemnation of the British, their tactics, and their behaviors. This particular portion is a reference to the British practice of kidnapping American sailors and mercenaries (hirelings), and impressing them into the British Navy to fight against Americans, on punishment of execution. The stanza continues "And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave; O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave." Which is to say that America triumphed over the aforementioned evils.

Thank you. CC doesnt care. He'll always look through those tinted lens and skew his history to how he sees fit. Its quite amusing at how long some can keep up the vengeance.

Forum List

Back