How Many Christians Believe that Heaven is REALLY Real?

Do you believe that Heave is REALLY Real?

• Yes, it is as real as Pluto

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • No, Heaven is a metaphore

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • No, Heaven is a lie

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Dunno

Votes: 6 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
Saw a good movie last night named 'Heaven is Real' and one of the things I had forgotten but it reminded me of was the prevalence of people in main stream Protestantism that do not believe in a literal Heaven.

So I thought I would put the question out there for this board; How many of you believe that Heave is REALLY Real?

I'd hope all of them do, otherwise what's the point?

While I personally am not a believer, I wouldn't call it a lie, necessarily... Even though I guess that's what it would be, technically speaking...

Last edited:
Of course heaven is real. I heard the testimony of the young child that saw heaven on youtube video. ( years ago - there is a book also ) I believe every word. I'm glad they made it into a movie. It is impossible for the child to have known what his mother and father were doing / saying / at the exact moment it happened without his being there. One of my favorite ministers from years ago is a man named Roberts Liardon and he was caught up into heaven during prayer and has given testimony about his experience also.

I find it very interesting the timing of these movie releases, Noah, Heaven is real, etc. I believe God is speaking to people if only they are willing to hear. It's a final call before all hell breaks loose upon the earth.

Last edited:
I wonder if any Mormons actually believe in their planet, Kolob. Maybe [MENTION=2364]avatar[/MENTION] can answer that and tell us why astronomers/scientists can't show us where it is on a star map.

Jim, I have never heard of a protestant that didn't believe heaven was real or that the bible wasn't to be taken literally. What denomination is that?

How Many Christians Believe that Heaven is REALLY Real?

BTW, your poll asks if "you" believe but your subject line says "Christian" so I think I shouldn't vote.

I'd hope all of them do, otherwise what's the point?

While I personally am not a believer, I wouldn't call it a lie, necessarily... Even though I guess that's what it would be, technically speaking...

I think it is because if you always have to be rewarded for doing the right thing, then there is some type of "problem" with you.

I guess some versions of Protestantism teaches more than the literal Bible and command believers to do as their leaders say. I know that the Methodism I was taught used to argue that God does not need mercenaries.

But such an argument leads to "Why, then, does god need evangelicals?"

Most believers are highly invested in the idea of heaven as their faith is rooted in their fear of death and the unknown.
So many will cite their joy of having eternal life at the center of their belief. You often see it repeated on these threads, even in the midst of a post riddled with profanity and unchecked hatred of their challengers. The disconnect with the Message with the exception of believing they get to live forever is shocking, but it illuminates the base reason for their faith.
Fear.

So, for some, Heaven is an actual physical place?

Is it in the sky?

If so, why can't we see it with telescopes? Why don't our astronauts pass it?

I dunno if heaven exists Mainly because I don't really know what is meant by "Heaven"

Can someone give me a clear description of it. Like what is in it, what can you do and so forth....

Most believers are highly invested in the idea of heaven as their faith is rooted in their fear of death and the unknown.
So many will cite their joy of having eternal life at the center of their belief. You often see it repeated on these threads, even in the midst of a post riddled with profanity and unchecked hatred of their challengers. The disconnect with the Message with the exception of believing they get to live forever is shocking, but it illuminates the base reason for their faith.
Fear.

What a load of bullshit!

Believing there is a Heaven has nothing to do with fear.

You are as dishonest as you are ignorant.

Fear.

I would think that, for those who believe in a heaven, or an afterlife as it were, the fear of death would be greatly diminished. Especially for those who are certain...

Fear.

I would think that, for those who believe in a heaven, or an afterlife as it were, the fear of death would be greatly diminished. Especially for those who are certain...

Exactly. Christians do not fear death nor do they fear Heaven.

Fear.

Naw ... bruce is right. On all points.

Fear is what drives all religion. Fear that is so strong, so overpowering that believers are able to put aside all intelligence and logic to believe in magic sky fairies, an invisible heaven and lots of different magical powers given to everyday objects and substances.

That fear is so powerful, they're willing to forgive and excuse the worst from their gods.

**shrug**

Whatever gets them through those long dark nights.

Fear.

Naw ... bruce is right. On all points.

Fear is what drives all religion. Fear that is so strong, so overpowering that believers are able to put aside all intelligence and logic to believe in magic sky fairies, an invisible heaven and lots of different magical powers given to everyday objects and substances.

That fear is so powerful, they're willing to forgive and excuse the worst from their gods.

**shrug**

Whatever gets them through those long dark nights.

How would you know what drives all religion?

Oh that's right, you don't. Just more liberal bullshit spewing from your pie hole.

Forum List

Back