How many Deaths from COVID19 do you Think We Will Have by the End of this year?

We have had 33000 deaths in just the past two weeks, 57000 or so in the past month....

What do you think the number will be of the deaths from this virus by the end of the year, based on what you know now of how the States are handling their reopenings, and how some states are not affected by it, while other states are swarming with it, and medical discoveries?

My guess is 100k by the end of July and another 100k by the end of the year, so probably about 200k in total by the end of the year....even if a vaccine is available by the end of the year and if there are drugs created that helps recovery time.

It could be higher... I dunno?
If we continue with the current policy of putting off the infection rate in favor of temporary and illusory safety, I think we can expect much the same as the 1918 flu with 10 to 50 times the number of deaths in the second wave by years end.

Hope that satisfies your blood lust.

How can one tell? The doctors are pushed to declare Covid deaths so numbers are skewed as it is. Now they are retroactivley going back and declaring peoples deaths from months ago as Covid related. So who knows. The game is rigged.

We have had 33000 deaths in just the past two weeks, 57000 or so in the past month....

What do you think the number will be of the deaths from this virus by the end of the year, based on what you know now of how the States are handling their reopenings, and how some states are not affected by it, while other states are swarming with it, and medical discoveries?

My guess is 100k by the end of July and another 100k by the end of the year, so probably about 200k in total by the end of the year....even if a vaccine is available by the end of the year and if there are drugs created that helps recovery time.

/——-/ Real ones or fake ones?
View attachment 330331
FAKE!!!! :lol:
FAKE like list as only Probable or the Gut that walked in front of a bus when he sneezed because of the virus and got run over
ONLY those testing positive are considered in their death counts right now, by the CDC.... if there was no test, the CDC does not count them, even if by all the symptoms, and high risk factors and xrays of pneumonia.... they are not counted unless they have been tested for it, and positive....is my understanding?
/——/ Your “understanding” needs updating: “In cases where a definite diagnosis of COVID–19 cannot be made, but it is suspected or likely (e.g., the circumstances are compelling within a reasonable degree of certainty), it is acceptable to report COVID–19 on a death certificate as ‘probable’ or ‘presumed’,” the agency advises. Are COVID-19 Deaths Being Overreported? - American Greatness

one can control their diet etc...no one controls this virus i am sorry you dont see the difference
Yes, but what you are so conveniently ignoring is that death WITH Covid, and death FROM Covid are two distinctly different things.
Unfortunately, the government has incentivized hospitals to do this.

As of yesterday morning.

Deaths: 61,200 - of which, btw 29% is in NY (I believe those numbers include the Flu deaths and NY didn't allocate correctly as they are such an outlier but let's assume 61,200 is accurate).

Population: 330mil. Probably more due to the non documented but we will go with that #.

Deaths per 1000: Less than 2.

Let's say I assume 2.5x the deaths or 154,250. That number moves to less than 5 deaths per 1000 persons. We all agree it is a war and in war unfortunately you sacrifice the few to save the many. Why are we sacrificing 900+ people to save 2 or at worst 5?
Do you actually believe that if you opened the economy right now, things would be hunky dory, and things would go back to normal with booming sales? People are just going to go out and spend like crazy, and attend theaters and stadiums and restaurants like nothing ever happened?

It'll be quite a while before people will feel safe, and feel safe that their mom or dad or grandmom or grand dad, or sister with Asthma, or husband fighting cancer, etc., won't be killed by it

This great depression is with us for at least 5 years to recover from this pandemic and economic catastrophe.... maybe less, if a vaccine is working, and our gvt could actually pull off getting enough vaccines and chemicals, test tubes, shot casings and needles to actually administer it, unlike their total FAILURE on the virus test kits from the get go, let alone get people to accept and take the vaccination to protect the nation....

And the rest of the world would have to recover from it too, that we trade and sell our goods and agriculture to....

This is going to be a slower recovery than I believe you think.....

If we could give the public, a better assurance that the virus isn't just out there spreading like wildfire, it could bring consumer confidence up a little... but that would take great efforts of testing and contact tracing and isolating only those that were sick, and identifying new hot spots etc.....

And I have little confidence, that the Trump administration with the states, can accomplish such... though I have hope of such....

There are 60 million adults, that are at risk....the elderly and those younger with medical conditions.... let alone the ones that just get it and die with no pre existing or at risk, conditions.

the economy ain't coming back with any kind of roar, with all those big spenders in the 60 million adults at risk group, feeling the need to shelter, because no one is doing anything to curb the virus and identify where it is at and what areas it is moving through.....
Let's open up and see what happens. Cannot hide from it. So even if 60mil hide, 270mil would be out and about. I am OK with that and I doubt 60mil would hide when the death rate at worst will be less than 5 per 1000. Media lies. Math does not.

As of yesterday morning.

Deaths: 61,200 - of which, btw 29% is in NY (I believe those numbers include the Flu deaths and NY didn't allocate correctly as they are such an outlier but let's assume 61,200 is accurate).

Population: 330mil. Probably more due to the non documented but we will go with that #.

Let's say I assume 2.5x the deaths or 154,250. That number moves to less than 5 deaths per 1000 persons. We all agree it is a war and in war unfortunately you sacrifice the few to save the many. Why are we sacrificing 900+ people to save 2 or at worst 5?
Do you actually believe that if you opened the economy right now, things would be hunky dory, and things would go back to normal with booming sales? People are just going to go out and spend like crazy, and attend theaters and stadiums and restaurants like nothing ever happened?

It'll be quite a while before people will feel safe, and feel safe that their mom or dad or grandmom or grand dad, or sister with Asthma, or husband fighting cancer, etc., won't be killed by it

This great depression is with us for at least 5 years to recover from this pandemic and economic catastrophe.... maybe less, if a vaccine is working, and our gvt could actually pull off getting enough vaccines and chemicals, test tubes, shot casings and needles to actually administer it, unlike their total FAILURE on the virus test kits from the get go, let alone get people to accept and take the vaccination to protect the nation....

And the rest of the world would have to recover from it too, that we trade and sell our goods and agriculture to....

If we could give the public, a better assurance that the virus isn't just out there spreading like wildfire, it could bring consumer confidence up a little... but that would take great efforts of testing and contact tracing and isolating only those that were sick, and identifying new hot spots etc.....

And I have little confidence, that the Trump administration with the states, can accomplish such... though I have hope of such....

There are 60 million adults, that are at risk....the elderly and those younger with medical conditions.... let alone the ones that just get it and die with no pre existing or at risk, conditions.

the economy ain't coming back with any kind of roar, with all those big spenders in the 60 million adults at risk group, feeling the need to shelter, because no one is doing anything to curb the virus and identify where it is at and what areas it is moving through.....

No this will take years to dig out of already. A lot of jobs won't be back because those businesses have already gone under. Many industries will be suppressed for the foreseeable future- travel, events, hotels, airlines, sports, entertainment of all types.

The longer we continue locking down, however, the worse it gets and likely at an accelerating rate. In the same way the virus can spread geometrically so goes this side of the coin. Businesses fail, their suppliers are stretched, cash on hand is depleted and larger numbers are put in danger of going under. We cannot expect that simply because we see X number of businesses close in a month due to shutdown that the number that will go under in the future is even predictable.

That is only the business side of the coin. The same is true for individuals who will be losing their homes and everything else the longer this goes on. This is also of course further impacted by continued shutdown as people simply run out of money in ever increasing numbers.

The deeper this gets, and the longer this shutdown goes on, the worse this is going to be, and for diminishing returns over time. We know now that this has infected far more people than we thought a month or so ago or even now know. This means the people likely to be infected is greatly reduced from where this began, when the entire country was a potential target. As the timeline continues that number of already infected continues to grow and the transmission rate falls, while economic impact does not and may actually accelerate.

Simply because the economy will not go back on like a switch is not to me a reason not to get it going ASAP, it actually is a reason to do so sooner rather than later.

I've also posted this in another thread, but the UN is predicting some 300,000 people per day, or 27,000,000, will die of secondary effects over just a 3 month period if the economies of the world continue to be idled and something is not done to feed those people. That is a number slightly greater than the combined populations of the 10 largest cities in the United States.

We cannot do this indefinitely. No way, no how.

Last edited:
View attachment 330336

Covid-19 is particularly severe in — and more likely to kill — the elderly and people with existing illnesses, including heart disease. Some people taken by Covid-19 would likely have died from these diseases even in the five-month time frame. We do not try to calculate how many of the Covid-19 deaths “substitute” for other deaths; that is an important calculation that researchers will be eager to do once the crisis passes.
Take those out and add in the people that died outside of the hospital from it... its easily a wash.....

AND many if not most of those COVID DEATHS are in ADDITION to those other deaths, that will be counted in this year's death toll....

IN ADDITION.... it's why our hospitals in affected areas are overwhelmed....

As of yesterday morning.

Let's open up and see what happens. Cannot hide from it. So even if 60mil hide, 270mil would be out and about. I am OK with that and I doubt 60mil would hide when the death rate at worst will be less than 5 per 1000. Media lies. Math does not.
Why not DO BOTH? Trace it, by testing, and isolating those with it, rinse and repeat....... and open the economy in the safest way possible, as per the CDC guidelines?

View attachment 330336

Covid-19 is particularly severe in — and more likely to kill — the elderly and people with existing illnesses, including heart disease. Some people taken by Covid-19 would likely have died from these diseases even in the five-month time frame. We do not try to calculate how many of the Covid-19 deaths “substitute” for other deaths; that is an important calculation that researchers will be eager to do once the crisis passes.
Take those out and add in the people that died outside of the hospital from it... its easily a wash.....

AND many if not most of those COVID DEATHS are in ADDITION to those other deaths, that will be counted in this year's death toll....

They aren't overwhelmed. Most are laying off and or cutting doctors and nurses and losing monies as hospitals make their monies on elective surgeries. When I went in for my blood test in early April the nurses and phlebotomist were joking and laughing as I was the only "patient".

Overblown and exaggerated. Stop believing the media. What this has done on a positive note is fill up the hole in ozone layers. The environment is benefitting.

As of yesterday morning.

Why not DO BOTH? Trace it, by testing, and isolating those with it, rinse and repeat....... and open the economy in the safest way possible, as per the CDC guidelines?
Because like the common cold, this will keep coming back. Key is to strengthen the immune system not hide from it. Reason doctors want babies and toddlers to get ill and such is to build up their immune systems. It doesn't stop with adulthood. Cure cannot be worse than the disease and now it seems like it is. Why are we making 900+ suffer for the benefit of at max 5...this is per 1000.

View attachment 330336

They aren't overwhelmed. Most are laying off and or cutting doctors and nurses and losing monies as hospitals make their monies on elective surgeries. When I went in for my blood test in early April the nurses and phlebotomist were joking and laughing as I was the only "patient".

Overblown and exaggerated. Stop believing the media. What this has done on a positive note is fill up the hole in ozone layers. The environment is benefitting.
They are cutting off doctors and nurses because elective surgeries, where they make their money,
could not be done in the hospitals in hot spots, while all the rooms were taken up with infectious covid patients. :rolleyes:

The number of deaths will depend on how many states stop lockdown and length of time before they remain on lockdown.

View attachment 330336

They are cutting off doctors and nurses because elective surgeries, where they make their money,
could not be done in the hospitals in hot spots, while all the rooms were taken up with infectious covid patients. :rolleyes:
Nope. Rooms were RESERVED...not TAKEN....did you not read what I posted. Hospital was empty waiting for patients that never arrived. I saw it firsthand. Stop believing the crazy and biased media. PLEASE. NYC the worst hit spot is not overrrun. Javits center not needed. Hospital shit not needed and now Cuomo is sending ventilators back. We panicked for nothing.

As of yesterday morning.

Because like the common cold, this will keep coming back. Key is to strengthen the immune system not hide from it. Reason doctors want babies and toddlers to get ill and such is to build up their immune systems. It doesn't stop with adulthood. Cure cannot be worse than the disease and now it seems like it is. Why are we making 900+ suffer for the benefit of at max 5...this is per 1000.
There is no evidence immunity from COVID 19 possible and no evidence of doctors wanting babies to have the virus.

As of yesterday morning.

Why bother with a small pox vaccine, or the flu vaccine, or typhoid and typhus shots if traveling elsewhere, or measels etc etc etc?

Just let everyone die that was gonna die from these plagues, and everyone else who was not going to die anyway survive..... survival of the fittest..eh?

Then why bother having any medicine, or any doctors, for any thing.....? These were conditions their bodies were not able to handle, and so be it....let them die, while twiddling our thumbs?

Sorry, that is one of the most inhumane and non sensicle, and waxed over cold statements I have ever heard someone say or even believe.....

God gave us brains, and damn good ones at that, to USE THEM.

As of yesterday morning.

Not everyone is a paranoid hypochondriac so Im sure people will be out and about. however *Im sure there is a small percentage that will cower under their beds wearing their face masks even in their own homes and the country will be better off having not to deal with these idiots

The number of deaths will depend on how many states stop lockdown and length of time before they remain on lockdown.
Lockdown forever, eh? Great solution.

NO ONE has said to lock down the economy FOREVER....that's right wing BUNK!

Some states may be able to open up, once they meet the CDC criteria for opening up......

but if states with still increasing cases and deaths open up, and it spreads like wildfire in their states without any check on it, they will all have to shut down AGAIN, adding a double whammy to the great depression2.....

we need to open, but open with a plan to combat continued or accelerated spread.....

the best of both worlds..... and wise!

As of yesterday morning.

Not everyone is a paranoid hypochondriac so Im sure people will be out and about. however *Im sure there is a small percentage that will cower under their beds wearing their face masks even in their own homes and the country will be better off having not to deal with these idiots
Dream on!

Forum List

Back