How many Deaths from COVID19 do you Think We Will Have by the End of this year?

We have had 33000 deaths in just the past two weeks, 57000 or so in the past month....

What do you think the number will be of the deaths from this virus by the end of the year, based on what you know now of how the States are handling their reopenings, and how some states are not affected by it, while other states are swarming with it, and medical discoveries?

My guess is 100k by the end of July and another 100k by the end of the year, so probably about 200k in total by the end of the year....even if a vaccine is available by the end of the year and if there are drugs created that helps recovery time.

It could be higher... I dunno?

As of yesterday morning.

Deaths: 61,200 - of which, btw 29% is in NY (I believe those numbers include the Flu deaths and NY didn't allocate correctly as they are such an outlier but let's assume 61,200 is accurate).

Population: 330mil. Probably more due to the non documented but we will go with that #.

Deaths per 1000: Less than 2.

Let's say I assume 2.5x the deaths or 154,250. That number moves to less than 5 deaths per 1000 persons. We all agree it is a war and in war unfortunately you sacrifice the few to save the many. Why are we sacrificing 900+ people to save 2 or at worst 5?
Do you actually believe that if you opened the economy right now, things would be hunky dory, and things would go back to normal with booming sales? People are just going to go out and spend like crazy, and attend theaters and stadiums and restaurants like nothing ever happened?

It'll be quite a while before people will feel safe, and feel safe that their mom or dad or grandmom or grand dad, or sister with Asthma, or husband fighting cancer, etc., won't be killed by it

This great depression is with us for at least 5 years to recover from this pandemic and economic catastrophe.... maybe less, if a vaccine is working, and our gvt could actually pull off getting enough vaccines and chemicals, test tubes, shot casings and needles to actually administer it, unlike their total FAILURE on the virus test kits from the get go, let alone get people to accept and take the vaccination to protect the nation....

And the rest of the world would have to recover from it too, that we trade and sell our goods and agriculture to....

This is going to be a slower recovery than I believe you think.....

If we could give the public, a better assurance that the virus isn't just out there spreading like wildfire, it could bring consumer confidence up a little... but that would take great efforts of testing and contact tracing and isolating only those that were sick, and identifying new hot spots etc.....

And I have little confidence, that the Trump administration with the states, can accomplish such... though I have hope of such....

There are 60 million adults, that are at risk....the elderly and those younger with medical conditions.... let alone the ones that just get it and die with no pre existing or at risk, conditions.

the economy ain't coming back with any kind of roar, with all those big spenders in the 60 million adults at risk group, feeling the need to shelter, because no one is doing anything to curb the virus and identify where it is at and what areas it is moving through.....
Not everyone is a paranoid hypochondriac so Im sure people will be out and about. however *Im sure there is a small percentage that will cower under their beds wearing their face masks even in their own homes and the country will be better off having not to deal with these idiots
This is a moral issue and a moral issue that challenges selfishness and greed over fundamental ethical and religious tenets. We are deciding if we can kill the old and vulnerable in exchange for comfort, pleasure, and material advantages and privileges.
Ahhh...so now because the math says we should reopen we go to a moral issue, which is 100% subjective. So you want to have 900+ suffer to save fewer than five...this is per 1000. That is morality? WOW!
Math doesn't say we should reopen. Your thesis is immoral and you do not want to admit it because of your cowardice. You are weak and unwilling to defend the vulnerable in your society. Most members of your society are showing far more courage than you and your ilk.
Math is math. It doesn't say anything. I believe, MY OPINION, is that we should reopen. If people believe that making 900+ suffer to save fewer than 5...per 1000 then of course we should remain on lockdown. You have resorted to personal insults as you cannot dispute facts. That is the epitome of "Your ilk"...the illogical, the uneducated, the cowardly.
You forgot the immoral. That really is the epitome of 'your ilk'.

Back to the topic at hand. I believe we will see 100,000 deaths by the end of July and then we get the second wave.

One thing is for sure, time will give us these answers. Soon we will know the effect of Georgia's decision to re-open. They chose to be the nation's guinea pig.

Last edited:
View attachment 330336

Covid-19 is particularly severe in — and more likely to kill — the elderly and people with existing illnesses, including heart disease. Some people taken by Covid-19 would likely have died from these diseases even in the five-month time frame. We do not try to calculate how many of the Covid-19 deaths “substitute” for other deaths; that is an important calculation that researchers will be eager to do once the crisis passes.
But
We have had 33000 deaths in just the past two weeks, 57000 or so in the past month....

What do you think the number will be of the deaths from this virus by the end of the year, based on what you know now of how the States are handling their reopenings, and how some states are not affected by it, while other states are swarming with it, and medical discoveries?

My guess is 100k by the end of July and another 100k by the end of the year, so probably about 200k in total by the end of the year....even if a vaccine is available by the end of the year and if there are drugs created that helps recovery time.

As of yesterday morning.

Deaths: 61,200 - of which, btw 29% is in NY (I believe those numbers include the Flu deaths and NY didn't allocate correctly as they are such an outlier but let's assume 61,200 is accurate).

Population: 330mil. Probably more due to the non documented but we will go with that #.

Let's say I assume 2.5x the deaths or 154,250. That number moves to less than 5 deaths per 1000 persons. We all agree it is a war and in war unfortunately you sacrifice the few to save the many. Why are we sacrificing 900+ people to save 2 or at worst 5?
Do you actually believe that if you opened the economy right now, things would be hunky dory, and things would go back to normal with booming sales? People are just going to go out and spend like crazy, and attend theaters and stadiums and restaurants like nothing ever happened?

It'll be quite a while before people will feel safe, and feel safe that their mom or dad or grandmom or grand dad, or sister with Asthma, or husband fighting cancer, etc., won't be killed by it

This great depression is with us for at least 5 years to recover from this pandemic and economic catastrophe.... maybe less, if a vaccine is working, and our gvt could actually pull off getting enough vaccines and chemicals, test tubes, shot casings and needles to actually administer it, unlike their total FAILURE on the virus test kits from the get go, let alone get people to accept and take the vaccination to protect the nation....

And the rest of the world would have to recover from it too, that we trade and sell our goods and agriculture to....

If we could give the public, a better assurance that the virus isn't just out there spreading like wildfire, it could bring consumer confidence up a little... but that would take great efforts of testing and contact tracing and isolating only those that were sick, and identifying new hot spots etc.....

And I have little confidence, that the Trump administration with the states, can accomplish such... though I have hope of such....

There are 60 million adults, that are at risk....the elderly and those younger with medical conditions.... let alone the ones that just get it and die with no pre existing or at risk, conditions.

the economy ain't coming back with any kind of roar, with all those big spenders in the 60 million adults at risk group, feeling the need to shelter, because no one is doing anything to curb the virus and identify where it is at and what areas it is moving through.....
Not everyone is a paranoid hypochondriac so Im sure people will be out and about. however *Im sure there is a small percentage that will cower under their beds wearing their face masks even in their own homes and the country will be better off having not to deal with these idiots
This is a moral issue and a moral issue that challenges selfishness and greed over fundamental ethical and religious tenets. We are deciding if we can kill the old and vulnerable in exchange for comfort, pleasure, and material advantages and privileges.
Ahhh...so now because the math says we should reopen we go to a moral issue, which is 100% subjective. So you want to have 900+ suffer to save fewer than five...this is per 1000. That is morality? WOW!
Math doesn't say we should reopen. Your thesis is immoral and you do not want to admit it because of your cowardice. You are weak and unwilling to defend the vulnerable in your society. Most members of your society are showing far more courage than you and your ilk.
Math is math. It doesn't say anything. I believe, MY OPINION, is that we should reopen. If people believe that making 900+ suffer to save fewer than 5...per 1000 then of course we should remain on lockdown. You have resorted to personal insults as you cannot dispute facts. That is the epitome of "Your ilk"...the illogical, the uneducated, the cowardly.

Back to the topic at hand. I believe we will see 100,000 deaths by the end of July and then we get the second wave.

One thing is for sure, time will give us these answers. Soon we will know the effect of Georgia's decision to re-open. They chose to be the nation's guinea pig.
And Colorado? Why do you exclude Colorado?

As of yesterday morning.

You have determined in your opinion a finite number of deaths are acceptable in exchange for material and comfort from being open instead of in lockdown. That is a moral decision that tests your moral character.
Material comfort?

Suicide hotline numbers have doubled, alcoholism, depression, loss of business and livelyhood, kids missing school...impact is LIVES vs. LIVES. Again, I am not saying I am right but if our deaths increase 2.5x we would still lose 1.6 people per 33,000....CRAZY!
sales and gdp IS NOT going to go back to normal.... everyone is going to suffer for some time....

you need to get a grip on that..... your life has changed, everyone in the World's life has changed....

We are not going to see ''the good times roll'' anytime soon, no matter what we do....

eventually, we will overcome.... but there is no overnight and miraculous intervention to make that happen.... it will take some time.... vaccines, treatments, and behavioral changes...

And pray to God the next administration in our gvt has learned from these mistakes and shortcomings on their very slow handling on this one, and be more prepared for the next virus pandemic, right around the corner! :eek:

As of yesterday morning.

You have determined in your opinion a finite number of deaths are acceptable in exchange for material and comfort from being open instead of in lockdown. That is a moral decision that tests your moral character.
Material comfort?

Suicide hotline numbers have doubled, alcoholism, depression, loss of business and livelyhood, kids missing school...impact is LIVES vs. LIVES. Again, I am not saying I am right but if our deaths increase 2.5x we would still lose 1.6 people per 33,000....CRAZY!
sales and gdp IS NOT going to go back to normal.... everyone is going to suffer for some time....

you need to get a grip on that..... your life has changed, everyone in the World's life has changed....

We are not going to see ''the good times roll'' anytime soon, no matter what we do....

eventually, we will overcome.... but there is no overnight and miraculous intervention to make that happen.... it will take some time.... vaccines, treatments, and behavioral changes...

And pray to God the next administration in our gvt has learned from these mistakes and shortcomings on their very slow handling on this one, and be more prepared for the next virus pandemic, right around the corner! :eek:
I agree with you. So open the economy and let the people decide. We didn’t freeze the economy in prior flu seasons. You’re very negative. Be more positive and the next administration may still be this one.

If we continue with the current policy of putting off the infection rate in favor of temporary and illusory safety, I think we can expect much the same as the 1918 flu with 10 to 50 times the number of deaths in the second wave by years end.

Hope that satisfies your blood lust.
/——-/ Cower in fear until some bureaucrats with a political agenda tells you it’s 100% safe to go back to work. They only want to save you from yourself.

As of yesterday morning.

Material comfort?

Likely some of those suicides would have happened anyway. People don't just decide to commit suicide because they've been in a shutdown for 4 weeks. Same with alcoholism and depression. You'd have to be pre-disposed to something that extreme. You can't count all those as Covid-19 related.

/——-/ Send your car to the jun

/——-/ Send your car to the junkyard crusher, to stop the auto deaths of 40,000 a year.

As of yesterday morning.

Material comfort?

Likely some of those suicides would have happened anyway. People don't just decide to commit suicide because they've been in a shutdown for 4 weeks. Same with alcoholism and depression. You'd have to be pre-disposed to something that extreme. You can't count all those as Covid-19 related.
4 weeks? You mean around 7? And when you lose your business and or cannot see your family, depression sets in quickly.

Attachments

• 1588342269131.png
    1588342269131.png
    19.5 KB · Views: 25
View attachment 330336

Covid-19 is particularly severe in — and more likely to kill — the elderly and people with existing illnesses, including heart disease. Some people taken by Covid-19 would likely have died from these diseases even in the five-month time frame. We do not try to calculate how many of the Covid-19 deaths “substitute” for other deaths; that is an important calculation that researchers will be eager to do once the crisis passes.
But

As of yesterday morning.

Yes them too. And Florida. We will know in a few weeks.

Far less than the amount that kill themselves every year stuffing their fat asses and developing heart disease. Which will now be blamed on Covid.

View attachment 330336

But

As of yesterday morning.

Yes them too. And Florida. We will know in a few weeks.

And TN. I agree.

As of yesterday morning.

Material comfort?

I agree with you. So open the economy and let the people decide. We didn’t freeze the economy in prior flu seasons. You’re very negative. Be more positive and the next administration may still be this one.
oh for goodness sake! THIS IS NOT AN INFLUENZA VIRUS!

THIS IS NOT like a normal flu or normal flu season, or even a bad flu season, of normal times....

Nearly 35,000 people died from this virus the past 2 WEEKS,

35000 die of the flu in a normal Flu YEAR....

WRAP YOUR HEAD AROUND THAT.....!!

As of yesterday morning.

Material comfort?

4 weeks? You mean around 7? And when you lose your business and or cannot see your family, depression sets in quickly.
7 weeks for some, not all. And if a person cannot handle 7 weeks of shut down then they had other issues to begin with. Covid-19 did not cause all their mental issues.

As of yesterday morning.

Material comfort?

oh for goodness sake! THIS IS NOT AN INFLUENZA VIRUS!

THIS IS NOT like a normal flu or normal flu season, or even a bad flu season, of normal times....

Nearly 35,000 people died from this virus the past 2 WEEKS,

35000 die of the flu in a normal Flu YEAR....

WRAP YOUR HEAD AROUND THAT.....!!
Flu doesn’t last all year. They die in a season and we don’t freeze the economy to save 40k lives.

As of yesterday morning.

Material comfort?

7 weeks for some, not all. And if a person cannot handle 7 weeks of shut down then they had other issues to begin with. Covid-19 did not cause all their mental issues.
Of course but it exacerbated them. By that logic if a person cannot survive a COVID cold they had issues anyway and would have died soon anyway..

Being trapped in your house is horrible. You have to sleep late, watch television and live stream movies, spend time with your kids and spouse, read books, dig out your old guitar, examine your gun collection and clean all of them, clean your basement, wax your car, go back and spend more time with your spouse and kids and listen to your old vinyl records.

Not nearly as many as heart disease or cancer
  • Medical Mistakes Kill more every year than the Wuhan Flu
  • A recent Johns Hopkins study claims more than 250,000 people in the U.S. die every year from medical errors. Other reports claim the numbers to be as high as 440,000.
  • Medical errors are the third-leading cause of death after heart disease and cancer.

Being trapped in your house is horrible. You have to sleep late, watch television and live stream movies, spend time with your kids and spouse, read books, dig out your old guitar, examine your gun collection and clean all of them, clean your basement, wax your car, go back and spend more time with your spouse and kids and listen to your old vinyl records.
That’s if you’re still working and 25mil are not. What if you have an elderly parent you cannot see? What if you have a family business you have to shut down and it causes you to lose your home and you cannot pay for your kids college educations? What if you have a torn ACL and you cannot get surgery so you’re in constant pain? You enjoy being lazy and listening to Air Supply but not everyone feels the same way.

I would hope no more.....but I'm not optimistic.

Forum List

Back