How many Republicans does it take to change a light bulb?

Who else but a Republican would legislate to save the incandescent bulb?

Republicans are still trying to save traditional lightbulbs. It likely won’t work.

My wife and I were recently buying some ceiling fans. The problem? They were all limited by wattage of bulbs by law.

We had a real problem finding ones that would actually light rooms brightly. It took us weeks. We didn't want to have to add lamps.

One had little metal bars that were put there so you could not put larger bulbs in and get more light.

I ended up twisting them out of the way with pliers so that we could have a well lit room.

Are you going to laugh at the libs who passed those laws?

Wattage is generally limited by safety concerns and heat build up

I guess liberals are responsible for the laws of thermodynamics

Republicans are still trying to save traditional lightbulbs. It likely won’t work.

My wife and I were recently buying some ceiling fans. The problem? They were all limited by wattage of bulbs by law.

We had a real problem finding ones that would actually light rooms brightly. It took us weeks. We didn't want to have to add lamps.

One had little metal bars that were put there so you could not put larger bulbs in and get more light.

I ended up twisting them out of the way with pliers so that we could have a well lit room.

That sounds like the gas can I bought with the so-called "safety spout." I spent about 20 fruitless minutes trying to get the can to actually pour some gas. Then I ripped off the spout and poured the gas directly from the can without it. I spilled gas all over my lawn mower. Big safety improvement!

Stick to the topic of the thread, please, and not each other. Thanks

That used to be the case. Now it's mostly limited because of eco wack jobs like you imposing their agenda on everyone.

Let's hear from USMB Conservatives

I remember a few years ago you were all vowing how you were going to stock up on incandescents to "stick it to Obama"

How are your supplies holding up?

how many times do we sit and have this partisan hack from hufferpufrferpost spit all over republicans everyday? that's the question the want to know. other than that. they can go screw themselves and their lightbulbs:eusa_whistle::eusa_angel:

some people and their hate they have a need to post for all to see. sheesh

Last edited:
'Young republicans,' and young voters in general, aren't going to tolerate the politics of fear, hate, and bigotry that's all to prevalent in the GOP – they're not going to accept the GOP's hostility toward gay Americans, immigrants, and the privacy rights of women.​

Most won't leave the party, most won't become democrats, but many will opt not to vote for social right republican politicians, and opt not to vote for the republican nominee for president.

Then they deserve to be lined up and shot with the rest of the Liberal scum in this country.

Funny, they used to make ceiling lights that lit the freaking room. Perhaps the laws of thermodynamics have changed.

Or not.

When's the last time you bought a ceiling fan/light fixture?

That sounds like the gas can I bought with the so-called "safety spout." I spent about 20 fruitless minutes trying to get the can to actually pour some gas. Then I ripped off the spout and poured the gas directly from the can without it. I spilled gas all over my lawn mower. Big safety improvement!

Order a "water" can online and use it for gas.

He must have met a hot liberal woman....
Political decision-making based upon Emotion rather than Logic?

He'll fit right in.
tongue_smile.gif

Until he figures-out that a lot of them-thar Loose Liberal Women-folk don't shave very often...
52_52.gif

wink_smile.gif

Funny, they used to make ceiling lights that lit the freaking room. Perhaps the laws of thermodynamics have changed.

Or not.

Buy LEDs
More light for less wattage

Oh...never mind
I forgot LEDs are a tool of satan to conservatives

Or not.

Buy LEDs
More light for less wattage

Oh...never mind
I forgot LEDs are a tool of satan to conservatives

We did/do. Tiny bulbs produce less light.

When is the last time you bought a ceiling fan/light fixture?

It takes millions of Republicans to change a light bulb.

Half of the Republicans in Congress to whine about not being able to buy old-fashioned light bulbs.

The same group to whine about 'because the new light bulbs put out evil unAmuhrcan light.

And millions of Republicans to whine 24/7 on con-talk-radio how miserable they are about every single thing in life. Light bulbs being on the list.

It takes millions of Republicans to change a light bulb.

Half of the Republicans in Congress to whine about not being able to buy old-fashioned light bulbs.

The same group to whine about 'because the new light bulbs put out evil unAmuhrcan light.

And millions of Republicans to whine 24/7 on con-talk-radio how miserable they are about every single thing in life. Light bulbs being on the list.

Republicans refuse to read by liberal light

I dunno, is the bulb in question a really dim one, such as the one in the preezy's panel, marked "foreign policy"?

Order a "water" can online and use it for gas.

Good idea.

Or not.

No instead of a lamp that holds one bulb you buy a lamp that holds three.

Big improvement in energy efficiency!

Or not.

No instead of a lamp that holds one bulb you buy a lamp that holds three.

Big improvement in energy efficiency!

My kitchen fixture has four bulbs. I used to put four 40watt bulbs in for 160 total watts

Now, with LEDs, they only take 7 watts each for 28 total watts

Thanks President Obama!

Forum List

Back