🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

How much older will I have to get before I become a conservative?

I had an uncle who was conservative, but he died at 58 after his employer went bankrupt, leaving him with a heart condition and no health insurance.The doctor told him that he would do the quad bypass for cash up front, but he was unable to sell his house in time.

Oh, well...

For me, it was 21. Yes, 21. I am 25 now. I became a Republican at that age, and in the time since, I have disabused myself from the Republican party altogether. Although, as they say, you don't have to be a Republican to be Conservative. I am a right leaning Libertarian.

In order to become a Conservative, you need to be old enough to understand personal responsibility and exercise self control. I don't see any of the Liberals 20 years older than me practicing any of that.

So to answer your question, OohPah: You will probably go to your grave before you become a Conservative. So entrenched your party's cognitively dissonant way of thinking, you would need to have lived a thousand years before you understood anything about Conservatism.

Used to be conservative was the middle.

By the very definition of the word "conservative", that is not the case.

The problem is the degree of conservatism matters. You think it's all or nothing. Liberals can be anything they want to be but a conservative has to be totally resistant to change. Totally unbending. That's a strict Muslim practicing Sharia Law. I don't know too many Americans that do that.

A pure conservative is somebody who doesn't believe in driving a car or using electricity because God didn't make ether. The Amish fit in that category. How many Amish do you know?

I've always been told by members of the right than when I grew up and faced the realities of life I'd become a conservative.

Between me and my wife we have one kid, two full time jobs, a mortgage, a rental unit, and two dogs, and our last dollar of income last year was taxed at 25%.

Sooo.. still waiting. Not conservative yet. The only effect I've noticed is that I kinda find hippies maybe a little annoying sometimes.

Sounds like it is too late. Maybe hanging out in academia too long or something.

Yeah, right, because physicists just sit around all day talking about politics with each other, and Republicans just hate funding physics.

Sorry but everyone likes physics. Its not exactly a partisan issue.

Nah, Democrats hate participating in reality. And you are simply trolling. And newsflash, hippies weren't conservatives. They were liberal. I know, my step mom was a hippie. And given the fact that I have studied the political views of "hippies" I know a hell of a lot more than you.

I've always been told by members of the right than when I grew up and faced the realities of life I'd become a conservative.

Between me and my wife we have one kid, two full time jobs, a mortgage, a rental unit, and two dogs, and our last dollar of income last year was taxed at 25%.

Sooo.. still waiting. Not conservative yet. The only effect I've noticed is that I kinda find hippies maybe a little annoying sometimes.

You clearly are not yet taxed enough. Now log off and make some money so that the collective can take it from you. I hear free internet is the next give away. When you are taxed at 50% take a break and reflect. ;) :eusa_boohoo: :)

Last edited:
Used to be conservative was the middle.

By the very definition of the word "conservative", that is not the case.

The problem is the degree of conservatism matters.

Its all relative.

Most conservatives in England think conservatives here are wackjobs for being opposed to a national health care system altogether - while in their own nation they are the clearly on the conservative side of how they want to implement national health care.

Sounds like it is too late. Maybe hanging out in academia too long or something.

There is one last hope for you though. The American Heritage Institute for Remedial Transformation ( AHIRT) runs a deprogramming service modeled using cult deprogramming methods. A shock squad wearing George Bush masks will grab you on the street and take you to an undisclosed location. There, you will be forced to listen to the entire recorded programming history of Rush Limbaugh's radio program, only speeded up so that he sounds like mickey mouse. Only 1 hour of sleep will be allowed each day.After a week everyone breaks. Then you will be reprogrammed by listening to audio tapes of every issue of National Review ever published. Buckley will become your hero.

By the time you are returned home, you will be a conservative.

The point of listening to Rush is to experience the full effect.

The correct way to listen to Rush is to hear him in a properly modulated format. You have to hear those soothing tones.

It's like listening to a Grateful Dead concert.

Yeah, right, because physicists just sit around all day talking about politics with each other, and Republicans just hate funding physics.

Sorry but everyone likes physics. Its not exactly a partisan issue.

You have a degree in physics to? Cool.

Physicists are not immune from politics. Far from it. I was a liberal when I was in academia. At least I thought I was. The peer pressure was always there. Found out later that I wasn't. Maybe you are a conservative, but just don't know it yet. Maybe you need a bit more introspection and a little encouragement to come out of the closet.

Considering what brainwashed loons "conservatives" have become these days, the majority will stick with the left center Dems...in any other modern country, Dems would be right-center.

oh geezus....one of the most "brainwashed" people in this forum calling people brainwashed.....as Spock would say...."fascinating".....

You sound like a capitalist so you are half way there. Now all you need do is give up on the party that is unapologetic for slavery and come to the party of freedom, THEN you will realize how you have been mistaken all these years.

At 29 years old I consider myself socially liberal, and fiscally conservative. There is a certain level of fiscal responsibility that comes with age. Unfortunately, a majority of those calling themselves conservative haven't learned that. They will continue to vote for Republicans, thinking they are the conservative party.

And as long as you remain non-judgmental and respect the right of the individual to realize self-determination absent interference from the state, you needn’t be concerned about becoming a conservative.

And as long as you remain non-judgmental and respect the right of the individual to realize self-determination absent interference from the state, you needn’t be concerned about becoming a conservative.

What you described isn't true conservatism. It's what the religious right believes is conservative. You can't preach small government while making every effort to insert your beliefs into a person's personal lives.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:...

Now That's Chocolate covered irony..

nonjudgmental liberals :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

What makes you think it has anything to do with age?

Forum List

Back