How much ‘pork’ did the House cut from the Bill to make room for the additional $1,400?

None as I understand it..on either side. Because there were two bills wrapped together. What is it you guys don't get about the omnibus spending (expenditures that were negotiated months ago) and relief bill were packaged together?
Which leaves me wondering, why couldn't they just unpackage them - ie vote only on the relief bill? Why did they attach all the pork to it in the first place?

You'll have to ask the people who negotiated it.
I'm asking the partisan tools who fall in line and support this shit. We get bad government because we tolerate it.

I don't know how bad government can be solved. It's ingrained in both parties. My guess will be that enough of the old guard has to die out or exit politics for that to happen.
You'll have to have some movers and shakers with fresh ideas for governing and then they'll have to get buy in from the electorate.

None as I understand it..on either side. Because there were two bills wrapped together. What is it you guys don't get about the omnibus spending (expenditures that were negotiated months ago) and relief bill were packaged together?

Do you think that was appropriate?

Ideally no. But that's the system we got. We have a dysfunctional government. Starting with the Senate majority leader who has managed just about by himself to bring the gears of government to a complete grinding halt.

Which leaves me wondering, why couldn't they just unpackage them - ie vote only on the relief bill? Why did they attach all the pork to it in the first place?

I'm asking the partisan tools who fall in line and support this shit. We get bad government because we tolerate it.

I don't know how bad government can be solved. It's ingrained in both parties. My guess will be that enough of the old guard has to die out or exit politics for that to happen.
You'll have to have some movers and shakers with fresh ideas for governing and then they'll have to get buy in from the electorate.
What do you consider "fresh ideas"?

Ideally no. But that's the system we got. We have a dysfunctional government.

That you continue voting for, so who is the real problem here?

I don't know how bad government can be solved.
The first step is to stop making excuses for it.

Ideally no. But that's the system we got. We have a dysfunctional government.

That you continue voting for, so who is the real problem here?

Not really sure what answer you're angling for here. Are you suggesting not voting?
People vote against their own best interest election after election. Nothing changes.

You know since Dems are suddenly concerned with deficit spending and all?

Dont wind me up here. This AINT "Covid Relief".. THe 2 parties are making it rain checks to SECURE your allegiance.. How MUCH are YOU worth?

And everyone falls for the robbery.. Listen to Bernie "Honeymoon in Moscow" Sanders repeat this line ------ "We HAVE to get relief to WORKING FAMILIES NOW !!"

Hey Bernie you mental reject -- WORKING FAMILIES DONT NEED A FUCKING COVID RELIEF CHECK !!!!

Thats hilarious considering $2000 was Trump's own demand, Democrats long ago settled for just $600.

Where is your bitching about mental reject #1 named Trump?

I don't recall reading or hearing any mention at all about deficit spending back when the Republican Senate came out with their stimulus bill back in March. I knew when I voted for Biden that careless lack of concern about the deficit would change if he won.

I wasted a bunch of useless keystrokes about it back then.

I recall also sharing your view that the GOP would suddenly take on the illusion of fiscal responsibility.

These bills do need to be sent to the President seperately, though.

Last edited:
Giving money away to foreign governments at a time like this is an absolutely a despicable thing.

Makes you wonder how much these foreign governments own our politicians of both parties. A member of Congress would have to be a real corrupt sleazeball to amend a Pandemic stimulus bill to include money to foreign sources.

Then you also have all that domestic pork. Disgusting!

Just wait until China Joe gets into the White House. The Big Guy has received beaucoup bucks from China, Russia and the Ukraine. Those are only the ones we know about.

DC Cut Pork????? :auiqs.jpg: :abgg2q.jpg::777::laughing0301::pinkygirly::fingerscrossed::badgrin:

Why should they?...half the nation doesn't care....as long as Trump is gone they couldn't care less....stupid is what stupid does....

Need to bring back earmarks.

Ron was a master at keeping the taxpayer's money in his congressional district before the feds could get hold of it all and hide what they were doing with it.

Off-topic, perhaps, but I'm reminded of their usefulness nonetheless.

1609275223156.png

Every time the House wants to spend something it should be a separate bill. That means if some representative(s) want to spend ten million dollars on Pakistani gender studies then it's a separate bill. If they can't get that bill to pass that really is too bad.

Otherwise the President should have line item veto authority.

*****SMILE*****

:)

To get it past McConnell probably. If they had not packaged them together there would still be no COVID relief.

Why were they packaged together?

Bills like these two have to originate in the House, so Dems wanted them combined. Why?

Negotiated with Republicans...who got their pork too. Wrapped the bills into one to cover spending through the summer next year. If you don't like it, take it up with the bipartisan group that negotiated it.

Did the Republicans ask for the bills to be together or did the dems make it so and then told them to take it or leave it?

Bipartisan negotiation. Both sides got theirs.
It's reality.

Bipartisan? The House sets the bill, the Senate can only agree or disagree on appropriation bills. The House has the power of the purse.

Dems wanted this combined.

Bills like these two have to originate in the House, so Dems wanted them combined. Why?

Negotiated with Republicans...who got their pork too. Wrapped the bills into one to cover spending through the summer next year. If you don't like it, take it up with the bipartisan group that negotiated it.

Did the Republicans ask for the bills to be together or did the dems make it so and then told them to take it or leave it?

It's reality.

Bipartisan? The House sets the bill, the Senate can only agree or disagree on appropriation bills. The House has the power of the purse.

Please read the linked article closer. This was agreed on by Republicans and Democrats.

Omnibus appropriations ($1.4 trillion)

The omnibus measure wraps 12 spending bills into one and funds agency operating budgets through Sept. 30 of next year. It combines Democratic priorities such as a $12.5 billion increase over existing budget limits for domestic programs while cutting Immigration and Customs Enforcement detention and removal costs by $431 million. COVID-19 has contributed to sharply lower costs. Republicans supported sustained defense spending, energy provisions and longstanding bans on federal funding of abortion. The measure also provides President Donald Trump with a last, $1.4 billion installment for a wall on the U.S.-Mexico border.

What do you consider "fresh ideas"?
They have none. Otherwise they would have come up with a better candidate than Joey Status Quo who has been part of the problem for decades.

After four years of Joe that fiat Federal note won't even be fit for toilet paper. Might as well give out checks for a cool 100 grand and live it up before the whole house of cards falls.

It's reality.

Please read the linked article closer. This was agreed on by Republicans and Democrats.

Omnibus appropriations ($1.4 trillion)

The omnibus measure wraps 12 spending bills into one and funds agency operating budgets through Sept. 30 of next year. It combines Democratic priorities such as a $12.5 billion increase over existing budget limits for domestic programs while cutting Immigration and Customs Enforcement detention and removal costs by $431 million. COVID-19 has contributed to sharply lower costs. Republicans supported sustained defense spending, energy provisions and longstanding bans on federal funding of abortion. The measure also provides President Donald Trump with a last, $1.4 billion installment for a wall on the U.S.-Mexico border.

Again, Dems hold the power of the purse, Republicans in the House have ZERO power to do anything, and the Senate can only negotiate a final bill and vote on it.

Dems could have made the bills individual if they wanted to, they didn't want to.

Forum List

Back