How Old Is The Earth?

But again, I am not the one trying to pose an argument on the basis of our limited knowledge. My argument is precisely the opposite. We don't know what's out there... 96% of what we KNOW is there, we can't identify with our physics other than to measure it's gravity.

The biggest thing is, things out there don't have to conform to our understandings. We assume they might... or that they would be similar but there is nothing in physics that says... this is all there is, nothing else can apply. Isn't it almost like we don't know that we don't know everything?

On this, I agree with you. The dark energy and dark matter are proposed as causes for unexplained motions of stars detected millions of light years away in other galaxies. My first thought when I heard about this was that there must be something wrong with the measurements. And to propose something that we cannot even detect that is presumed to be the vast majority of matter in the universe is clearly an indication that there is much we don't know and understand. It becomes obvious that our current knowledge of physics, as good as theories like relativity and quantum mechanics may be, can't explain everything.

Conventionally, we have always rationalized science as being about things we can observe, test and measure. But we discover that somewhere between 85-96% of our universe is made of something that can't be directly observed. It doesn't interact with physical matter.

It goes way beyond causes of motions in distant stars. Dark matter is literally what holds our universe together. If not for the gravity it provides, there could be no physical universe as we know it. This is how we discovered it, the math didn't add up. Physics literally proved there is something besides what we can physically observe and it's responsible for our universe.

I once asked an atheist scientist: If you were looking for scientific evidence of God... what sort of things would you look for?

There is no earth. It's a hologram that is projected by the moon, which is actually space ship and hollow inside. Get with the times man.:blowup:

But again, I am not the one trying to pose an argument on the basis of our limited knowledge. My argument is precisely the opposite. We don't know what's out there... 96% of what we KNOW is there, we can't identify with our physics other than to measure it's gravity.

The biggest thing is, things out there don't have to conform to our understandings. We assume they might... or that they would be similar but there is nothing in physics that says... this is all there is, nothing else can apply. Isn't it almost like we don't know that we don't know everything?

On this, I agree with you. The dark energy and dark matter are proposed as causes for unexplained motions of stars detected millions of light years away in other galaxies. My first thought when I heard about this was that there must be something wrong with the measurements. And to propose something that we cannot even detect that is presumed to be the vast majority of matter in the universe is clearly an indication that there is much we don't know and understand. It becomes obvious that our current knowledge of physics, as good as theories like relativity and quantum mechanics may be, can't explain everything.

Conventionally, we have always rationalized science as being about things we can observe, test and measure. But we discover that somewhere between 85-96% of our universe is made of something that can't be directly observed. It doesn't interact with physical matter.

It goes way beyond causes of motions in distant stars. Dark matter is literally what holds our universe together. If not for the gravity it provides, there could be no physical universe as we know it. This is how we discovered it, the math didn't add up. Physics literally proved there is something besides what we can physically observe and it's responsible for our universe.

I once asked an atheist scientist: If you were looking for scientific evidence of God... what sort of things would you look for?
Boss, you need help. Quantum physics says that you don't exist and you're stumped and repeat the same answer to any thread that what we observe isn't necessarily real. Get over it and move on please.

Boss, you need help. Quantum physics says that you don't exist and you're stumped and repeat the same answer to any thread that what we observe isn't necessarily real. Get over it and move on please.

Get over what? That Science isn't ever going to replace God? That you are unable to debate my points? That you now seem to want to follow me around and harass me because I don't think like you? What exactly do you think I need to "get over?"

Get over what? That Science isn't ever going to replace God? That you are unable to debate my points? That you now seem to want to follow me around and harass me because I don't think like you? What exactly do you think I need to "get over?"
Get over replying to every post with your quantum theory blather. It's getting old. Move on.

Get over replying to every post with your quantum theory blather. It's getting old. Move on.

I'm sorry but it's not "MY" quantum theory blather, asswipe. You act like I am here promoting some kooky oddball theory that no one takes seriously. These are things that we are actually learning in Science. If you don't like it or want to talk about it, go find the Entertainment board.

I'm getting tired of your pissant ass running around USMB thinking you're the goddamn sheriff here or something... what fucking clown put YOU in charge, skippy? You don't get to tell ME to move on, go fuck yourself, twit.

I'm sorry but it's not "MY" quantum theory blather, asswipe. You act like I am here promoting some kooky oddball theory that no one takes seriously. These are things that we are actually learning in Science. If you don't like it or want to talk about it, go find the Entertainment board.

I'm getting tired of your pissant ass running around USMB thinking you're the goddamn sheriff here or something... what fucking clown put YOU in charge, skippy? You don't get to tell ME to move on, go fuck yourself, twit.
We've all heard about quantum theory, you make like every time you post it that nobody's ever heard of it before. All I'm saying is, we get it. Now move along.

We've all heard about quantum theory, you make like every time you post it that nobody's ever heard of it before. All I'm saying is, we get it. Now move along.

You tried to run me off in your pathetic thread about aliens because you didn't like me talking about God and now you want to run me out of this thread because I'm talking about Science. Seems like your mission in life is to run around nipping at my heels like a little poodle, demanding I "move along!"

I got a better idea, YOU move along, punk. If you don't like what I am saying there is an "Ignore" button and you're free to use it... you have my permission.

Quantum mechanics is a subset of physics explaining the physical behaviors at the molecular, atomic and sub-atomic level. This is not speculative theory it's practical science we've tested and verified. I don't know whether you "know all about it" or not, goofball... you strike me as the kind of idiot who spends his time hanging out at the UFO forums debating existence of aliens and looking for space ships.

A careful study of the book of Genesis never tells us the earth is six thousand years old.

Genesis 1:1-19
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.
9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.
11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
13 And the evening and the morning were the third day.
14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

Obviously these verses are in chronological order due to the counting of the days in order. Notice that the very first verse tells us that God created the heaven and the earth in the beginning. It does not say that God created the earth on the first day of creation. Verse 3 tells us that sometime after the heaven and the earth were created, that God introduced light upon the earth and divided it into day and night. It was the evening and the morning from this light that was considered to be the first day. So you can see that God did not create the earth on the first day but some time before then known as the beginning. It is interesting to note that the light of the creation was not based on the light of the sun. The earth was not set in relation to the sun until the fourth day of creation (see verses 14-19). I don't believe verse 16 implies that he made the two greater lights on the fourth day but that he made them at some time and then set them in relation to the earth on the fourth day as verse 17 implies. So the reckoning of the days of creation were not according to the light of the sun in relation to the earth. The light mentioned in the first day was not the sun but a different light source. If I am wrong and God did create the sun and moon on the fourth day, this would only strengthen this fact.

The Apostle Peter taught us:

2 Peter 3:8
8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Latter-day revelation has revealed the following:

Abraham 3:4
4 And the Lord said unto me, by the Urim and Thummim, that Kolob was after the manner of the Lord, according to its times and seasons in the revolutions thereof; that one revolution was a day unto the Lord, after his manner of reckoning, it being one thousand years according to the time appointed unto that whereon thou standest. This is the reckoning of the Lord’s time, according to the reckoning of Kolob.

Abraham 5:13
13 But of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it; for in the time that thou eatest thereof, thou shalt surely die. Now I, Abraham, saw that it was after the Lord’s time, which was after the time of Kolob; for as yet the Gods had not appointed unto Adam his reckoning.

According to these verses, the period of the creation "was after the Lord's time" and that Adam had not yet been appointed his time of reckoning. These verses reveal that the Lord's reckoning is one of His days is equal to 1000 years of our time. Thus each of the creation periods (days) were 1000 years. So the days of creation were at least 7000 years. But the main point I want to make is that even before these 7000 years, was the earth created. It was created in THE BEGINNING before the 7000 years commenced with the introduction of the light that shined upon the earth which was not the sun. We don't know exactly what the time frame of the heaven and earth's creation was. All we know is that it occurred in what is known as the beginning.

God told Adam that he would die in the same day that he ate of the forbidden fruit. Adam died at the age of 930. This would be within the same day if the Lord's days are 1000 years of our time.

Last edited:
Again I ask...................what makes people think that God's time is the same as what man's time is?

6000 years to God might only be a week.

"But we discover that somewhere between 85-96% of our universe is made of something that can't be directly observed. It doesn't interact with physical matter."

Actually it does interact - gravitationally - with "ordinary" matter. It couldn't be "literally what holds our universe together" otherwise. You need clarity in your own mind if you hope to explain or even begin to understand yourself such an elusive phenomenon.

Actually it does interact - gravitationally - with "ordinary" matter. It couldn't be "literally what holds our universe together" otherwise. You need clarity in your own mind if you hope to explain or even begin to understand yourself such an elusive phenomenon.

I have no problem understanding myself. You seem to have a problem understanding me. I said that dark energy and matter 'interact gravitational-wise' ...it's how we know it's there and holding together the universe. Otherwise, it does't really interact with physical matter.

So I am sorry if you misunderstood what I said or if I didn't dissect it into small enough pieces and spoon feed it to you in a way your obtuse little nit-picky mind could comprehend it.... but now it's been clarified.

A careful study of the book of Genesis never tells us the earth is six thousand years old.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.
9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.
11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

Obviously these verses are in chronological order due to the counting of the days in order. Notice that the very first verse tells us that God created the heaven and the earth in the beginning. It does not say that God created the earth on the first day of creation. Verse 3 tells us that sometime after the heaven and the earth were created, that God introduced light upon the earth and divided it into day and night. It was the evening and the morning from this light that was considered to be the first day. So you can see that God did not create the earth on the first day but some time before then known as the beginning. It is interesting to note that the light of the creation was not based on the light of the sun. The earth was not set in relation to the sun until the fourth day of creation (see verses 14-19). I don't believe verse 16 implies that he made the two greater lights on the fourth day but that he made them at some time and then set them in relation to the earth on the fourth day as verse 17 implies. So the reckoning of the days of creation were not according to the light of the sun in relation to the earth. The light mentioned in the first day was not the sun but a different light source. If I am wrong and God did create the sun and moon on the fourth day, this would only strengthen this fact.

8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

4 And the Lord said unto me, by the Urim and Thummim, that Kolob was after the manner of the Lord, according to its times and seasons in the revolutions thereof; that one revolution was a day unto the Lord, after his manner of reckoning, it being one thousand years according to the time appointed unto that whereon thou standest. This is the reckoning of the Lord’s time, according to the reckoning of Kolob.

13 But of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it; for in the time that thou eatest thereof, thou shalt surely die. Now I, Abraham, saw that it was after the Lord’s time, which was after the time of Kolob; for as yet the Gods had not appointed unto Adam his reckoning.

According to these verses, the period of the creation "was after the Lord's time" and that Adam had not yet been appointed his time of reckoning. These verses reveal that the Lord's reckoning is one of His days is equal to 1000 years of our time. Thus each of the creation periods (days) were 1000 years. So the days of creation were at least 7000 years. But the main point I want to make is that even before these 7000 years, was the earth created. It was created in THE BEGINNING before the 7000 years commenced with the introduction of the light that shined upon the earth which was not the sun. We don't know exactly what the time frame of the heaven and earth's creation was. All we know is that it occurred in what is known as the beginning.

God told Adam that he would die in the same day that he ate of the forbidden fruit. Adam died at the age of 930. This would be within the same day if the Lord's days are 1000 years of our time.
So you reject science in favour of a book of fiction? :cuckoo:

I have no problem understanding myself. You seem to have a problem understanding me. I said that dark energy and matter 'interact gravitational-wise' ...it's how we know it's there and holding together the universe. Otherwise, it does't really interact with physical matter.

So I am sorry if you misunderstood what I said or if I didn't dissect it into small enough pieces and spoon feed it to you in a way your obtuse little nit-picky mind could comprehend it.... but now it's been clarified.
Which is all irrelevant as to the age of the earth. Now move along.

You tried to run me off in your pathetic thread about aliens because you didn't like me talking about God and now you want to run me out of this thread because I'm talking about Science. Seems like your mission in life is to run around nipping at my heels like a little poodle, demanding I "move along!"

I got a better idea, YOU move along, punk. If you don't like what I am saying there is an "Ignore" button and you're free to use it... you have my permission.

Quantum mechanics is a subset of physics explaining the physical behaviors at the molecular, atomic and sub-atomic level. This is not speculative theory it's practical science we've tested and verified. I don't know whether you "know all about it" or not, goofball... you strike me as the kind of idiot who spends his time hanging out at the UFO forums debating existence of aliens and looking for space ships.
QM is irrelevant to the topic. Please move along.

No, it's relevant. You're just a jackass.

No, it's relevant. You're just a jackass.
Here's what's relevant, lady.
Age of the earth: 4.543 billion years
Google

So you reject science in favour of a book of fiction? :cuckoo:

No. Just (Political) Science like Big Bang, Evolution, flawed dating techniques, Climate Change (aka Global Warming), etc. The bible is true as far as it has been translated correctly.

Last edited:
Here's what's relevant, lady.
Age of the earth: 4.543 billion years
Google

Ahh... So now, Google is the scientific source of authority?

If you lived 200 years ago, you'd be ready to behead people if they didn't subscribe to your demands that the Earth was 1 million years old. All through history we've had people like you who close your mind to new discovery and try to force the rest of humanity to abandon their curiosity and stop expanding their knowledge. This is because you can't control people who are smarter than you.

Forum List

Back