How Republicans can get Keystone passed

I'm still waiting (6 years and counting) for those "shovel ready" jobs Obama spoke about in 2009. .... :cool:

I can't understand the outrage the right has with the term "shovel ready"

Shovel ready was never a promise of jobs. It was a condition of receiving stimulus money. If you were going to receive stimulus funds...YOU had to show the project was shovel ready

It was never a promise of jobs

Backpedaling on display here.

I'm still waiting (6 years and counting) for those "shovel ready" jobs Obama spoke about in 2009. .... :cool:

I can't understand the outrage the right has with the term "shovel ready"

Shovel ready was never a promise of jobs. It was a condition of receiving stimulus money. If you were going to receive stimulus funds...YOU had to show the project was shovel ready

It was never a promise of jobs

Backpedaling on display here.

Dare to explain to me how the "shovel ready" designation came about?

Wow, what if we will wrap IMPEACHMENT in as part of a much larger infrastructure package and send this document to the President, will he sign it? It will be very good. I bet that he will not read it!

Obama mentioned it last night. Why center on one small infrastructure project when America has so much infrastructure to be built and improved?

Why not wrap Keystone in as part of a much larger infrastructure package and send it to the President?

I bet he would sign it

TransCanada has paid for the construction of all the other Keystone pipelines. Keystone I, Keystone II, Keystone III.

Americans don't pay a dime. AND TransCanada pays taxes to all states the pipelines pass thru.

Local benefits of Gulf Coast Project illustrate importance of Keystone XL Keystone XL Pipeline

I can't Understand the GOP obsession with Keystone. It is just one project and it helps Canada

There are thousands of infrastructure projects in the US that benefit the American people, why aren't Republicans concerned with them?

I can't Understand the GOP obsession with Keystone.

I can't understand why Keystone makes libs wet their panties.

It is just one project and it helps Canada.

Helps us too.

There are thousands of infrastructure projects in the US that benefit the American people, why aren't Republicans concerned with them?

We are. Let's cut some of Obama's wasteful spending to pay for them.

Yea....Keystone will bring less than 50 permanent jobs

Where is the vision of the Republican Party? Why are they so wrapped up in one relatively small project when there is so much to do

Gas prices are ridiculously low. Add 15 cents to the gas tax
Interest rates are historically low. Issue some 30 year bonds at 4%
Our infrastructure is in horrible shape. We just had a bridge collapse yesterday which killed someone. We need to look at our power grid, our communications infrastructure, the internet,water, sewers, roads, bridges, tunnels

Meanwile, Republicans tie up Congress over one stinking project (a Canadian project)

Stop with the stupid argument that there will be only X amount of permanent jobs.

It really makes you anti Keystone wankers come off as total morons.

Every freaking construction job is a "temporary job".

What don't build any more McDonald's because in the end McDonald's will only employ 20 people?

What don't build any public schools because one school only employs 20 teachers?

How whacked out is this argument?

:lol:

I can't Understand the GOP obsession with Keystone. It is just one project and it helps Canada

Helps us too.

Where is the vision of the Republican Party? Why are they so wrapped up in one relatively small project when there is so much to do

Our infrastructure is in horrible shape. We just had a bridge collapse yesterday which killed someone. We need to look at our power grid, our communications infrastructure, the internet,water, sewers, roads, bridges, tunnels

Meanwile, Republicans tie up Congress over one stinking project (a Canadian project)

Stop with the stupid argument that there will be only X amount of permanent jobs.

What don't build any more McDonald's because in the end McDonald's will only employ 20 people?

What don't build any public schools because one school only employs 20 teachers?

Good point

We will get fewer jobs from Keystone than we would get from building a couple of McDonalds

I can see why it is the first priority for Republicans

Kill Social Security
Kill Healthcare
Kill the IRS
Kill the EPA
Kill Revenue

Build a pipeline for Canada built by Unions.

Republicans love being on their knees for French Canada.

last night Joni E said Keystone will bring BILLIONS of dollars to this country.

It will. I agree.

she forgets those billions of dollars belong to Canada, this country will only see the $$$ we spend on petroleum products. Canada has no plans to give the US a dime, much less BILLIONS $$.

RW politicians have come to reality, and COUNT ON being able to tell RW voters damn near anything because the know full well their voting base is as dumb as a box of rocks and won't ask them any questions. EVER !

Helps us too.

Good point

We will get fewer jobs from Keystone than we would get from building a couple of McDonalds

I can see why it is the first priority for Republicans

Tell a construction worker his "temporary employment" means jack shit to uppity liberals.

You know this is the most lamo argument against the pipeline and left wingers come off looking like complete fools because every fucking construction job is a temporary job.

Oh and left wingers being against union jobs? Who'd a thunk it?

4,844 thank yous

TransCanada is recognizing the thousands of men and women who have helped build the Gulf Coast Pipeline Project, an oil pipeline designed to deliver American and Canadian crude oil to Texas refineries. The workers who helped build this project are in addition to the thousands who constructed the initial Keystone Pipeline system, and we remain hopeful that we will have the opportunity to employ thousands more on the final leg of the Keystone system – Keystone XL.

“Over the past 15 months, 4,844 workers in America have given their best efforts to building a critical, modern piece of American energy infrastructure from Cushing, Oklahoma to Nederland, Texas, and we want to thank each and every one of them for their efforts,” said Russ Girling, TransCanada’s president and chief executive officer. “Their dedication to working safely, building high-quality energy infrastructure and taking pride in their work has helped bring this project closer to reality.”

The original Keystone Pipeline, which has been in operation since 2010 and safely delivered almost 490 million barrels of oil, required 8,969 people to build the pipeline and its related facilities. Manufacturing of the pipe, pump stations, specialized equipment and advanced technology for the Gulf Coast and Keystone XL Pipeline projects also support about 7,000 positions.

“What now seems to get lost in the debate about building new oil pipelines is that there are real, hard-working people behind projects like this,” added Girling. “The work they do is critical to our way of life and allows them to provide for their families and contribute to their communities.”

Construction of the Gulf Coast Pipeline Project required:

• US$2.3 billion in private-sector investment
  • Six modern pump stations
  • More than 11 million hours of labor completed by 4,844 workers in the United States of America – heavy equipment operators, welders, laborers, transportation operators and supervisory personnel (including environment, safety and quality control inspectors)
  • More than 50 contracts with U.S. manufacturers and companies building the pipeline and equipment in locations that include: Arkansas, California, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina and Texas
  • The manufacturing of more than 485 miles of high-strength, advanced oil pipeline (36-inch diameter); hundreds of large valves; thousands of fittings; thousands of pieces of equipment used to build transformers, meters, electric motors, cabling and electrical equipment; and piping assembling and structural steel for supports
  • About 2.25 million barrels of new oil storage capacity at Cushing, Oklahoma.

As pipeline construction activities near completion, commissioning activities will be ramping up as the company focuses on preparing the Gulf Coast Pipeline for commercial service in late 2013. Work on associated tanks and storage facilities in Cushing, Oklahoma, is also expected to be completed by late 2013. Upon start-up, we will safely increase the flow rates of product moving through the Gulf Coast Pipeline, which is normal practice when starting up energy infrastructure like this.

Rest at link:

4 844 thank you s Keystone XL Pipeline

January 12, 2015
By Sean McGarvey, President of North America's Building Trades Unions

d43685f963d99d8d43122852044dfaea_w160_h202_sc.jpg

Sean McGarvey

Washington, DC - North America's Building Trades Unions are pleased that a bi-partisan majority of the U.S. House of Representatives recognizes the potential for job creation, economic growth, and energy independence that will accrue through the construction of the Keystone XL pipeline.

This project has been the most analyzed and studied infrastructure project in the history of our nation. At each juncture, the conclusions have been consistent: the project is a significant job creator; will provide an economic boost for the communities all along the proposed route, and it will not substantially increase greenhouse gases.

And now that the Supreme Court of the state of Nebraska has overturned an earlier ruling that had held up construction of this project, there can be no more excuses for delay.

The American public has long been clamoring for increased bi-partisan cooperation and accord. We express our hope that, once the Senate has approved this bill, President Obama embraces that sentiment as well and signs this legislation into law.

***North America's Building Trades Unions are an alliance of 14 national and international unions that collectively represent over 3 million skilled craft professionals in the United States and Canada.

what the hell happened to "Union Thugs" and Rightwingers ?

Hah! The GOP has so much obstruction they use a colostomy bag to carry it around in...

What has Obama or the Democrats offered the Republicans that shows you they are not obstructionists, it's the Republicans? You never can answer that question. Here's your chance to whiff again.

RW politicians have come to reality, and COUNT ON being able to tell RW voters damn near anything because the know full well their voting base is as dumb as a box of rocks and won't ask them any questions. EVER !

Gotcha, the party that is made up of socons, neocons, moderates, liberals, fiscal conservatives and libertarians, they don't ask any questions. Your Democratic party that is made up of people who agree on every position and justify it with the same talking points, you have critical minds and question what you are told. LOL, yeah.

maybe, just maybe, Trans Canada will employ 50 American union workers after the pipeline is finished ... or they could Hire 50 Canadian Union workers after the pipeline is finished ... TC won't say either way.

maybe, just maybe, Trans Canada will employ 50 American union workers after the pipeline is finished ... or they could Hire 50 Canadian Union workers after the pipeline is finished ... TC won't say either way.

Who cares about 50 families? Certainly not you or Obama

Gotcha, the party that is made up of socons, neocons, moderates, liberals, fiscal conservatives and libertarians, they don't ask any questions. Your Democratic party that is made up of people who agree on every position and justify it with the same talking points, you have critical minds and question what you are told. LOL, yeah.

my democratic party? ... there you go again yammering about something you're too dumb to know anything about. I didn't vote for a democrat Gomer, try again.

Who cares about 50 families? Certainly not you or Obama

apparently, you don't either.

you're dismissed.

my democratic party? ... there you go again yammering about something you're too dumb to know anything about. I didn't vote for a democrat Gomer, try again.

Gotcha, you think Democrats who agree on every issue question what they are told, but Republicans who dont' agree don't question.

But you aren't a Democrat. Keep telling yourself that.

Forum List

Back