How well do you know the Bible? Quiz.

Went back and checked and finally found out which one I missed...it was the one asking the names of the Magi....I saw Beltshazar, and I thought that was the right answer....turns out they were never named....

I thought I had seen the names somewhere....must have been made up along the way..

Yeah, I think they are from a Christmas story. Did Jacob really have four wives?

Sure. In a technologically-primitive world, men tend not to live long and need to reproduce as much as possible while they can, just as with a lot of animal species. By the same token, women and children are a lot more in need of protection and care, so it becomes quite logical for people to live in large polygynist family groups.

Went back and checked and finally found out which one I missed...it was the one asking the names of the Magi....I saw Beltshazar, and I thought that was the right answer....turns out they were never named....

I thought I had seen the names somewhere....must have been made up along the way..

Yeah, I think they are from a Christmas story. Did Jacob really have four wives?

Sure. In a technologically-primitive world, men tend not to live long and need to reproduce as much as possible while they can, just as with a lot of animal species. By the same token, women and children are a lot more in need of protection and care, so it becomes quite logical for people to live in large polygynist family groups.

Right, I only remembered the two sisters (later of course forbidden in Leviticus, because of course God does not change)

Last edited:

Right, I only remembered the two sisters (later of course forbidden in Leviticus, because of course God does not change)

God doesn't, but circumstantial necessity does. Try to understand the difference.

Except they were living longer back then......Jacob lived to be 147 years old....Gen 47:27-28, Abraham lived to be 175...others lived longer than that....so your statement doesn't hold water.

God doesn't, but circumstantial necessity does. Try to understand the difference.

So circumstances happen at random? :confused:

So circumstances happen at random? :confused:

I'm sorry, but is this the first time you've been introduced to the concept that shit happens?

Also, I'm not sure what "random" has to do with the topic. What does it matter why and how the circumstances change?

Forum List

Back