How will you feel when you find you you are paying for "the wall?"

The majority of illegals in this country came across the border.

Your lies are told only to fool yourself.
Majority used to be correct, about 60%. According to National Review, that's switched to over 60% of new illegal immigrants violate some form of legal entry status. Enforcement of our laws should come first before building a multi-billion dollar wall to catch less than half of illegals.

On Immigration, Fighting the Last War
....But even if we were to build a wall, and elect a president interested in using it to protect America’s sovereignty, we’d be missing most of the problem — because the majority of new illegal aliens are actually visa overstayers.

This is the most important — albeit buried — finding in a paper published this year by the Center for Migration Studies, an expansionist outfit run by the Scalabrinian Catholic order that nonetheless does serious work. Co-authored by Robert Warren, head of statistics for the old INS, the paper finds that the share of overstays among new illegal aliens has been rising pretty steadily since the 1980s and surpassed border infiltrators in 2008. The paper’s most recent estimate is for 2012, when nearly 60 percent of new illegal immigrants are believed to have entered legally on some sort of visa (or visa-waiver status, if they’re from a developed country) and then just stayed on after their time expired.

So, because, maybe the percentage of those crossing the border might have dropped below 50% we should NOT take steps to secure that avenue from being used by illegals?

That does not make sense to me.
No. IMHO, it's important to get the facts straight first, then decide what to do second.

Of course we need to fix the illegal immigration problem. I just disagree a multi-billion dollar wall is the best way to do it.

Well, if the facts are the point, I referenced to the current population we have, that mostly came across the border.

Despite the current situation, that "fact" shows that the border is a BIG part of the problem, and a multi-billion dollar Wall might be quite helpful.
You "reason" like a hysterical crack whore....

Now I know you're joking.
You know that I am if someone is bleeding....

Job Openings and Labor Turnover Summary
For release 10:00 a.m. (EST) Tuesday, January 10, 2017 USDL-17-0033

JOB OPENINGS AND LABOR TURNOVER – NOVEMBER 2016

The number of job openings was little changed at 5.5 million on the last business day of November, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today.

Janet Yellen Says the U.S. Is Close to Full Employment
Do you make $9.00/hour?
Que?
Yep...Obama's 2nd term was supposed to make America Great Again.
He dropped THAT nonsense the second he won.

I have two choices

a) I can ask you to list your measures and we will go through the tedious exercise of establishing that everything you THINK you know (ie. what you've been told by Drudge, Breitbart, Daily Caller et al) is wrong

b) we could skip the preliminaries and I will just go right to declaring you an imbecile

Your call...
My call, Hillary voter??.....let me not bother to think about that any more than I already have....:lol:

If it reduces illegal immigration slows both drug and human trafficking across the border I won't mind.
Plus it puts people to work and generates income for American businesses.
There are currently 5 million job openings, and the Chairman of the Federal Reserve has stated that we are near "Full Employment"....

Now explain how it "generates income for American businesses"....

The number of job openings was little changed at 5.5 million on the last business day of November, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today.

Funny x 2 koshergrl owebo

Can you explain what you believe is "funny" about facts which come as a complete surprise to you?

Do you make $9.00/hour?
Que?

I have two choices

a) I can ask you to list your measures and we will go through the tedious exercise of establishing that everything you THINK you know (ie. what you've been told by Drudge, Breitbart, Daily Caller et al) is wrong

b) we could skip the preliminaries and I will just go right to declaring you an imbecile

Your call...
My call, Hillary voter??.....let me not bother to think about that any more than I already have....:lol:
That's great, O.........we've long since established that you don't know squat....

I have two choices

Your call...
That's great, O.........we've long since established that you don't know squat....
Hillary still loves you IBS.....:lol:

If it reduces illegal immigration slows both drug and human trafficking across the border I won't mind.
Plus it puts people to work and generates income for American businesses.
There are currently 5 million job openings, and the Chairman of the Federal Reserve has stated that we are near "Full Employment"....

Now explain how it "generates income for American businesses"....

Funny x 2 koshergrl owebo

Can you explain what you believe is "funny" about facts which come as a complete surprise to you?
How many burgers you planning on flipping today IBS? :lol:

Well, if the facts are the point, I referenced to the current population we have, that mostly came across the border.

Despite the current situation, that "fact" shows that the border is a BIG part of the problem, and a multi-billion dollar Wall might be quite helpful.
Being "helpful" is not enough justification to run up the national debt. Yes, let's resolve the illegal immigrant issues, and there are several, but let's first try enforcement of current and new laws before building any white elephants.

The majority of illegals in this country came across the border.

Your lies are told only to fool yourself.
Majority used to be correct, about 60%. According to National Review, that's switched to over 60% of new illegal immigrants violate some form of legal entry status. Enforcement of our laws should come first before building a multi-billion dollar wall to catch less than half of illegals.

....But even if we were to build a wall, and elect a president interested in using it to protect America’s sovereignty, we’d be missing most of the problem — because the majority of new illegal aliens are actually visa overstayers.

This is the most important — albeit buried — finding in a paper published this year by the Center for Migration Studies, an expansionist outfit run by the Scalabrinian Catholic order that nonetheless does serious work. Co-authored by Robert Warren, head of statistics for the old INS, the paper finds that the share of overstays among new illegal aliens has been rising pretty steadily since the 1980s and surpassed border infiltrators in 2008. The paper’s most recent estimate is for 2012, when nearly 60 percent of new illegal immigrants are believed to have entered legally on some sort of visa (or visa-waiver status, if they’re from a developed country) and then just stayed on after their time expired.

So, because, maybe the percentage of those crossing the border might have dropped below 50% we should NOT take steps to secure that avenue from being used by illegals?

No. IMHO, it's important to get the facts straight first, then decide what to do second.

Of course we need to fix the illegal immigration problem. I just disagree a multi-billion dollar wall is the best way to do it.

Bullshit. His post was fine. You're obviously running out of intellectual ammunition and devolving into trollism.

Being "helpful" is not enough justification to run up the national debt. Yes, let's resolve the illegal immigrant issues, and there are several, but let's first try enforcement of current and new laws before building any white elephants.
The wall is already law, so I agree....

How might Trump pay for his wall? He's suggested a tax on goods imported from Mexico. Great, right? Well, just who buys goods imported into the U.S. from Mexico? It's not Mexicans or Canadians.

Hopefully we take the $$$ from the welfare coffers to pay for it

-Geaux

Bullshit. His post was fine. You're obviously running out of intellectual ammunition and devolving into trollism.

Get bent.....It may meet YOUR standard.

that "fact" shows that the border is a BIG part of the problem, and a multi-billion dollar Wall might be quite helpful.

In the Reality Based community people don't proceed on "might".....they proceed on "cost/benefit"..

If that is a concept foreign to you, you might want to give some thought to shutting your yap.

How might Trump pay for his wall? He's suggested a tax on goods imported from Mexico. Great, right? Well, just who buys goods imported into the U.S. from Mexico? It's not Mexicans or Canadians.

Hopefully we take the $$$ from the welfare coffers to pay for it

-Geaux
I wonder whose state is gonna get smoked if we do so...

2016’s Most & Least Federally Dependent States
Yep....your plantation expansion is coming to a screeching halt.....

I'm on the fence about the wall, no pun initially intended, but I'd rather pay for that than for the support of tens of thousands of people flooding across the border.

If it can be shown to be effective by folks that actually know wtf they're talking about, do the math on the issue to predict what the impact would be of this and beefed up border security in general vs the cost incurred by these people. If math indicates yes, or even close to yes, build it.

There are other intangibles, such as security, that would have to be factored in that take the analysis off of that strictly math based analysis, but that's where I'd start.

Why am I expected to pay for the Great Wall of Trump while Trump isn't?

Oh, suddenly you don't like complex tax codes?

Want to support ending them?

Do I like tax codes that make the taxpayer compensate Trump for losing almost a billion dollars in bad investments?

No, I don't

It hasn't been funded yet much less built. It's a waste of assets and manpower to focus on the wall instead of other measures first.

It hasn't been funded yet much less built. It's a waste of assets and manpower to focus on the wall instead of other measures first.
Just agreeing with you in wanting to follow the existing law....that's all....

Americans are used to taxpayer-funding of anti-Christian and leftwing talk radio at NPR. Why would a step towards border security bother US?

Why am I expected to pay for the Great Wall of Trump while Trump isn't?

Oh, suddenly you don't like complex tax codes?

Want to support ending them?

Do I like tax codes that make the taxpayer compensate Trump for losing almost a billion dollars in bad investments?

No, I don't
It's even worse than that......Trump lost the bank's money....then, mysteriously, wound up with a nearly 1 billion dollar loss carry forward...

You try that, Home Gamers....

Forum List

Back