How will you feel when you find you you are paying for "the wall?"

Well, if the facts are the point, I referenced to the current population we have, that mostly came across the border.

Despite the current situation, that "fact" shows that the border is a BIG part of the problem, and a multi-billion dollar Wall might be quite helpful.
Being "helpful" is not enough justification to run up the national debt. Yes, let's resolve the illegal immigrant issues, and there are several, but let's first try enforcement of current and new laws before building any white elephants.
The wall is already law, so I agree....
It hasn't been funded yet much less built. It's a waste of assets and manpower to focus on the wall instead of other measures first.
Just agreeing with you in wanting to follow the existing law....that's all....
Understood, but there are a lot of laws regarding illegal immigration out there. Most are already funded or much cheaper than a multi-billion dollar unfunded wall which will also take billions per year to maintain.

How might Trump pay for his wall? He's suggested a tax on goods imported from Mexico. Great, right? Well, just who buys goods imported into the U.S. from Mexico? It's not Mexicans or Canadians.

Why am I expected to pay for the Great Wall of Trump while Trump isn't?

Oh, suddenly you don't like complex tax codes?

Want to support ending them?

Do I like tax codes that make the taxpayer compensate Trump for losing almost a billion dollars in bad investments?

No, I don't
It's even worse than that......Trump lost the bank's money....then, mysteriously, wound up with a nearly 1 billion dollar loss carry forward...

You try that, Home Gamers....
You thinkin your Hillary will win?

Well, if the facts are the point, I referenced to the current population we have, that mostly came across the border.

Despite the current situation, that "fact" shows that the border is a BIG part of the problem, and a multi-billion dollar Wall might be quite helpful.
Being "helpful" is not enough justification to run up the national debt. Yes, let's resolve the illegal immigrant issues, and there are several, but let's first try enforcement of current and new laws before building any white elephants.
It hasn't been funded yet much less built. It's a waste of assets and manpower to focus on the wall instead of other measures first.
Understood, but there are a lot of laws regarding illegal immigration out there. Most are already funded or much cheaper than a multi-billion dollar unfunded wall which will also take billions per year to maintain.
The wall is free as Mexico is paying for it, so let's start there....

How might Trump pay for his wall? He's suggested a tax on goods imported from Mexico. Great, right? Well, just who buys goods imported into the U.S. from Mexico? It's not Mexicans or Canadians.

Americans are used to taxpayer-funding of anti-Christian and leftwing talk radio at NPR. Why would a step towards border security bother US?
Americans are used to taxpayer-funding of anti-Christian and leftwing talk radio at NPR.

Because it is neater than keeping all those hungry lions.....

What is it with the perpetual whining of perhaps the nation's most coddled and indulged demographic?

Do I like tax codes that make the taxpayer compensate Trump for losing almost a billion dollars in bad investments?

No, I don't
It's even worse than that......Trump lost the bank's money....then, mysteriously, wound up with a nearly 1 billion dollar loss carry forward...

O,

Tell everyone what this has to do with Trump securing a tax loss carry forward for losses he never experienced....

No, I don't

O,

Tell everyone what this has to do with Trump securing a tax loss carry forward for losses he never experienced....
The polls still have your Hillary winning....:lol:

Get bent........you might want to give some thought to shutting your yap.
Awesome. Your attitude is one of the main reasons why most voters didn't want Hillary as President.
Really?

Why don't you post the candidates' popular vote totals?

Just the numbers......no "qualifying commentary", just the numbers......

I'll figure out which is larger.....since you, apparently, have yet to do so...

Thinking isn't your jam, is it....

No, I don't

O,

The polls still have your Hillary winning....:lol:
Have you met Divine Wind, Forum Nag?

Why are any walls put up? Because people think they are worth the cost and not having one creates more problems than it solves. We all pay for not having a secure border in numerous ways. Politicians haven't had the will to do jack shit about the immigration problem for a long time due to the political fallout. We finally have a guy that doesn't give a shit about any of that.

Have you been in a coma this week, O?

How, exactly, is Mexico paying for it?

Americans are used to taxpayer-funding of anti-Christian and leftwing talk radio at NPR. Why would a step towards border security bother US?
The RW has been using NPR as a whipping boy for over 20 years. It is primarily self-funded with only about 16% coming from Federal, State and local government sources.

Public Radio Finances

http://www.npr.org/about/statements/fy2016/National_Public_Radio_-_S1615_FINAL_(S).pdf

Don't Forget the Facts About NPR Funding

Fifteen billion dollars to build the wall, hundreds of millions of dollars every year to maintain it, and Jose walks through the border gate with his visa, and simply does not return to Mexico....
'Jose' doesn't have fifty pounds of heroin in a backpack when he walks through the border check.
Heroin is destroying entire US communities. The corrupt Mexican government KNOWS the heroin is coming from mexico.

Why are any walls put up? Because people think they are worth the cost and not having one creates more problems than it solves. We all pay for not having a secure border in numerous ways. Politicians haven't had the will to do jack shit about the immigration problem for a long time due to the political fallout. We finally have a guy that doesn't give a shit about any of that.

IceIce,

Look up "syllogism".......if what you find says something like

"Bold Assertions heaped high as an elephant's eye"

keep looking.

Fifteen billion dollars to build the wall, hundreds of millions of dollars every year to maintain it, and Jose walks through the border gate with his visa, and simply does not return to Mexico....
'Jose' doesn't have fifty pounds of heroin in a backpack when he walks through the border check.
Heroin is destroying entire US communities. The corrupt Mexican government KNOWS the heroin is coming from mexico.
That is because Oxy is being prescribed like it is PEZ........THAT is the problem.

Have you been in a coma this week, O?

How, exactly, is Mexico paying for it?
Dollars....their peso is junk.....

The RW has been using NPR as a whipping boy for over 20 years. It is primarily self-funded with only about 16% coming from Federal, State and local government sources.

Public Radio Finances

http://www.npr.org/about/statements/fy2016/National_Public_Radio_-_S1615_FINAL_(S).pdf

Don't Forget the Facts About NPR Funding
Cool...then they won't mind us dedunding and privatizing it....

You're pretty clueless about economics. How many Mexican products will people buy at a 20% premium? Go cry in your Corona Cerveza.
Meathead is about right....

If people don't continue to buy Mexican, the wall can't be paid for by the tax.

Domestic producers now have a higher price ceiling, and will take advantage to raise their prices marginally below 120% of the original price of the Mexican product.

No wall, higher domestic prices....

btw, how much econ have you ever studied?

Apparently more than you.

Forum List

Back