How Will You Vote in the Future?

Single issue voters shouldn't be allowed to vote, they're too stupid.
By that logic no one should be allowed to vote.

Zander doesn't have any logic and misses the entire point.

If a politician can be bought and paid for by the NRA, then they aren't going to be representing their constituents, which is what they are supposed to be elected to do.

Nobody is "bought and paid for" by the NRA.

The NRA are pikers (spending less than $20 million /year) compared to the drug companies (over $200 million per year)- are you gung-ho about not voting for anyone who receives money from Pharmaceutical Companies?

How about Banks and Investment firms?

What about the US Chamber of Commerce? Do you hate them too?

They contributed $50 MILLION in 2016 alone, including $30 MILLION to the Trump campaign.

FINAL_NRAs-Biggest-Bets-5200x0-c-default.png

If a politician can be bought and paid for by the NRA, then they aren't going to be representing their constituents, which is what they are supposed to be elected to do.

The NRA are pikers (spending less than $20 million /year) compared to the drug companies (over $200 million per year)- are you gung-ho about not voting for anyone who receives money from Pharmaceutical Companies?

They contributed $50 MILLION in 2016 alone, including $30 MILLION to the Trump campaign.

Counting up how much the NRA spends on campaigns, lobbying
Over 20 years they have spent $200 million. Big pharma spends that every single year.

Over 20 years they have spent $200 million. Big pharma spends that every single year.

And? That's a Red Herring. I never said I agreed with big pharma buying politicians either.

And? That's a Red Herring. I never said I agreed with big pharma buying politicians either.

So you're not going to vote for any politician that accepts money from Big Pharma?

If not, you're a hypocrite.

If you're against politicians being bought by any lobbying group in general then to only boycott the NRA-bought politicians is hypocritical, and here you're being given an example of a group of lobbyists who spends far more than the NRA to buy politicians, and yet you're not up in arms. The question is whether or not you're a hypocrite pretending to be noble but really just trying to attack a group of people you disagree with politically: gun owners.

Every vote I cast from now on will be against the Democratic (Communist) Party.

If you're against politicians being bought by any lobbying group in general then to only boycott the NRA-bought politicians is hypocritical, and here you're being given an example of a group of lobbyists who spends far more than the NRA to buy politicians, and yet you're not up in arms. The question is whether or not you're a hypocrite pretending to be noble but really just trying to attack a group of people you disagree with politically: gun owners.

It is pathetic with all of Lewdog's Democrats being bought by one leftist lobby after another he melts down only over the NRA. Democrats are bizarre people

It is pathetic with all of Lewdog's Democrats being bought by one leftist lobby after another he melts down only over the NRA. Democrats are bizarre people

The funny thing is the NRA is not leading anybody or anything. They are not a PAC. They are merely a club that represents gun owners and gun ownership.

Democrats going after armed citizens would be nothing more than a Deplorable moment. So they figure in order to get to those Americans that they hate so much, use the NRA path instead. This way they are attacking an organization instead of a group of citizens.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Hello!! What do you think the Republican party is doing now? Do you really believe that if the NRA just sat quietly in the corner, the Republicans would not represent gun ownership, rights and freedoms? Republicans are just as much pro-gun as Democrat voters are pro-baby killers.

Granny says it depends on who's runnin'...

... if its somebody she likes, she'll vote one way...

... if its somebody she don't like...

... she'll vote another.

Hillary Clinton had the idea of holding gun manufacturers responsible when people used their guns to commit crimes. I am totally against that idea. I am however in favor of a law that if a kid uses their parent's gun to commit a crime, the parent should be charged as an accessory to whatever crime is committed. Maybe at that point parents will start being responsible gun owners. I also support the idea of biometric gun locks.

Doesn't the Santa Fe Shooter confuse you? After all, he had pressure cooker and pipe bombs in addition to guns. Or are those legal?

How many people did he shoot compared to the number of people that died from the pipe bombs and pressure cookers?

He wanted to kill as many as possible. Fortunately, his explosive devices didn't go off. Had they gone off, the deaths may have well been into the dozens.

Hillary Clinton had the idea of holding gun manufacturers responsible when people used their guns to commit crimes. I am totally against that idea. I am however in favor of a law that if a kid uses their parent's gun to commit a crime, the parent should be charged as an accessory to whatever crime is committed. Maybe at that point parents will start being responsible gun owners. I also support the idea of biometric gun locks.

First of all, you don't know how he got to his parents guns. He may have lifted the key, he may have somehow broke into the locked compartment, we don't know yet.

But in past shootings, we've heard the left say crap like we should ban high capacity magazines. We should ban all semi-automatic weapons. So here we are, a kid with a shotgun and a revolver, and he killed a bunch of people anyway.

So if we allowed the left to have their way in the past, with no semi-automatic weapons, no AR's, no high capacity magazines, would you on the left have been satisfied with the results of this school shooting that killed and injured 20 people?

Because it's we on the right that have been telling you the same old cliche, it's not the guns, it's the people. This last tragedy is a perfect example of that. Because if you got all these things banned in the past, do you mean to tell me you would not be trying to ban something else today?

Another strawman.

Damn man can you make a post without a logical fallacy?

First of all, you don't know how he got to his parents guns. He may have lifted the key, he may have somehow broke into the locked compartment, we don't know yet.

But in past shootings, we've heard the left say crap like we should ban high capacity magazines. We should ban all semi-automatic weapons. So here we are, a kid with a shotgun and a revolver, and he killed a bunch of people anyway.

So if we allowed the left to have their way in the past, with no semi-automatic weapons, no AR's, no high capacity magazines, would you on the left have been satisfied with the results of this school shooting that killed and injured 20 people?

Because it's we on the right that have been telling you the same old cliche, it's not the guns, it's the people. This last tragedy is a perfect example of that. Because if you got all these things banned in the past, do you mean to tell me you would not be trying to ban something else today?

If he was easily able to take 3 of his parents guns to commit this act they were not being responsible gun owners, period.

Wrong. There is a huge difference between the NRA and Big Pharma, and you have also committed a logical fallacy. Just because I said I would not vote for a person who takes money from the NRA, but haven't put up a post saying I wouldn't vote for someone that takes money from Big Pharma doesn't mean that I will.

There are a couple issues with Big Pharma. One is they say they have to charge a lot for drugs because the amount of testing the federal government requires before they can sell them. But at the same time, the federal government is in bed with them by not allowing people to buy drugs from other countries where generic versions are more readily available. So the issue with drug prices is the fault of Big Pharma AND the federal government. I supported Bernie Sanders plan to make it so people and companies could get drugs from other countries, which would force lower prices on drugs, but the CONSERVATIVES shot it down.

Vote Skynet ... it's the only choice

romneytron.jpg

No, we mean it ... you literally have no other choice.

It is insane to split your vote for federal offices. The system that has evolved is one where effective governance is only achieved through having the House, Senate, and Presidency on the same page (in our current state, you have a dysfunctional moron as the President so it doesn't apply). So I will vote democratic for every federal office.

Local and State races are a different kettle of fish. .

Personally if a politician isn't endorsed by the NRA that's a very bad sign, and a sign that they want to not abide by the law of the land, which they took an oath to protect.

How could you vote for such a person?

The funny thing is the NRA is not leading anybody or anything. They are not a PAC. They are merely a club that represents gun owners and gun ownership.

Democrats going after armed citizens would be nothing more than a Deplorable moment. So they figure in order to get to those Americans that they hate so much, use the NRA path instead. This way they are attacking an organization instead of a group of citizens.

That's a great point. Leftists like Lewdog go after the NRA because it hides that their target are just gun owners.

When I've disagreed with the NRA, it's been because they took positions that were too soft on gun ownership, not to hard.

Schools have become a target. As the Texas shooting showed, shootings stop when the second gun arrives and not before. So let's have the second gun already there. And the third, forth and fifth ...

Another strawman.

Damn man can you make a post without a logical fallacy?

Notice you had no counter examples ...

Forum List

Back