How Would You Describe What's Happening Here?

It is very common for serious criminals to get off the road as soon as they notice a cop car following them,

Hey, Muhammed. I agree with much of what you wrote, though not all people avoiding police are serious criminals. :)

Though admittedly, during that period of societal history, we were felons.

Mid-70s, Nassau County Long Island. Early one evening me and three long-hair friends are driving to a county park to watch soft-ball playoffs between two of our rival teams. We're consuming doobage during the ride.

I notice a marked cop car go out of its way to pull in behind us.

Advising my buds of the situation, I look around, informing them we are going bowling.

Pull into the nearby bowling alley parking lot, slip into a space closest to the entrance. The cop car pulls in behind us.

Munching on tabs of Choward's Violet candy, casually we exit my old Chevy wagon, the cop calls me over as my buds head inside.

The officer asks to see my license and reg, explaining I look kinda young to be driving. I'm cool with that because he's correct.

After briefly inspecting my docs, the officer heads off and I head toward to the bowling alley bar where the bartender asks to see my proof of age before serving me a .25 cent draft beer that I nursed because I was 'never' a fan of alcohol.

We hung about about 20 minutes until the coast was clear, missing only a few innings of the twi-light double header.

Had I not detoured to the bowling alley, and allowed the officer to detain us on the roadway, I'm thinking the outcome would have been very different.

Especially considering in those days mere possession of any amount of weed, including a tiny roach, was a costly, life changing felonious offense.

Chowards Violet.jpg

Peace.

Is the citizen in the wrong or is the authoritarian in the wrong?

What say you, and why?

Tearing down our Police officers will not give you or the driver a safer environment to live in, respect the request and go on about your business with out any hassle. Instead you want to magnify the potential for harassment, when all he had to do was show him his ID, the difference between you, this driver and the rational driver is they would take the path of least resistance, but no this just amplifies the tone of Racism...

The smart driver gives his ID to the officer if he has nothing to hide or promote, it’s really that simple...

Try it sometime, quit playing the victim...

...and meekly surrender your constitutional rights, like a good fascist would do....

No ones surrendering their Constitutional Rights, do you want anarchy? The vast majority of the time LE is well within their rights to question, you're the idiot that will blame them when something goes wrong for not questioning a perpetrator...

What say you, and why?

Far too many LEOs follow presumption of guild dogma with regard to black Americans – in this case the wrongheaded, racist notion that because a black man is in a ‘nice’ neighborhood he must be planning to commit a crime, that black Americans live only in poor, crime-ridden urban neighborhoods.

What say you, and why?

Far too many LEOs follow presumption of guild dogma with regard to black Americans – in this case the wrongheaded, racist notion that because a black man is in a ‘nice’ neighborhood he must be planning to commit a crime, that black Americans live only in poor, crime-ridden urban neighborhoods.

Unfortunately, blacks themselves caused this stigma to exist.
I figure it this way....if you don't want to be a suspect, don't act suspicious.

If you don't want to be an automatic suspect, maybe it's a good idea to stop breaking the law.

Why do blacks love using the handicapped parking space at WalMart when they aren't handicapped? You might as well mark it "Black Customers Only" because that just about the only folks that use them. Maybe if you stopped trying to act like criminals you might not be under suspicion so much. Then there's this crazy new fad of ice cream licking. The only folks that seem to be doing this is black people.Then there's this flash-mob thing going on in Philly. Dozens of black teenagers rushing a store and stealing everything they can get their hands on. These are crimes that show a lack of respect for authority, not by hardened criminals but just your average people of color. For the most part they feel they should be treated better than everyone else. Being black isn't a get out of jail free card.....yet some people think it should be.

Stop breaking the law and then maybe they'll stop thinking you're a suspect.

Last edited:

What say you, and why?

Tearing down our Police officers will not give you or the driver a safer environment to live in, respect the request and go on about your business with out any hassle. Instead you want to magnify the potential for harassment, when all he had to do was show him his ID, the difference between you, this driver and the rational driver is they would take the path of least resistance, but no this just amplifies the tone of Racism...

The smart driver gives his ID to the officer if he has nothing to hide or promote, it’s really that simple...

...and meekly surrender your constitutional rights, like a good fascist would do....

No ones surrendering their Constitutional Rights, do you want anarchy? The vast majority of the time LE is well within their rights to question, you're the idiot that will blame them when something goes wrong for not questioning a perpetrator...

Get back to me when you look up the legal meaning of "Probable cause".

What say you, and why?

Get back to me when you understand reality, or do you have a problem handling the truth?

What’s sad about individuals like yourself is you believe you’re without fault and are entitled to set judgement in these situations. Did the officer abuse this gentleman? No he didn’t, are you naive enough to believe something didn’t click for him to take this action? Do you honestly believe they’re to perform their jobs perfectly?

Why don’t you WTFU and realize this can easily go both ways, then we can have a civil discourse on the topic.

Last edited:
Lol on this thread.....there is waaaaaaaay too much we dont know about surrounding the stop. Doy.....what IF a crime had been committed by somebody driving that type/ color car or fitting that description? Duh. We dont know? Dave- show guy doesnt know. Some on this thread.....st00pidly btw.....presume waaaaaaaay too much!:113::113:

Most importantly.....the public overwhelmingly is ok with this kind of thing. Tough shit on the progressive bozos!:bye1::bye1:

What say you, and why?

That cop was wrong.

If I was the man I would have just gotten out of my car and gone to my apartment telling the cop to have a good day.

I wouldn't have stuck around for that cop to harass me.

What say you, and why?

Get back to me when you understand reality, or do you have a problem handling the truth?

What’s sad about individuals like yourself is you believe you’re without fault and are entitled to set judgement in these situations. Did the officer abuse this gentleman? No he didn’t, are you naive enough to believe something didn’t click for him to take this action? Do you honestly believe they’re to perform their jobs perfectly?

Why don’t you WTFU and realize this can easily go both ways, then we can have a civil discourse on the topic.

I am a member of the Sheriff Auxiliary volunteers. We are trained to respect the civil rights of citizens. In fascist countries, it is perfectly OK to stop people at random and demand their papers. Not in the USA. Sorry, but you are not allowed to shred the constitution in the USA.

I am a member of the Sheriff Auxiliary volunteers. We are trained to respect the civil rights of citizens. In fascist countries, it is perfectly OK to stop people at random and demand their papers. Not in the USA. Sorry, but you are not allowed to shred the constitution in the USA.

Supreme Court says otherwise and you know it 100 miles of the border

Sorry pal. I cross the border checkpoint 25 miles north of the border at least once per week. The BP has the right to stop you and ask you questions, but unless they have probable cause you don't have to answer. I can post dozens of videos like the following:

Last edited:

What say you, and why?

Well given the current situation in America.... the video was likely faked. I wager the guy in the car, paid someone to dress like a cop, and say that. Might be Jesse Smollett in the car. Who knows. You can't trust those people. They all lie to make up racism.

But arent you required to present identification pretty much any time a cop claims "reasonable suspicion"?
No state has such a provision. However, several states require you to be able to identify yourself to law enforcement as long as they have "reasonable suspicion" - it is an arrestable offence to not be able to do so in such circumstances. In some cases giving your full name without any Id is sufficient.

Sorry pal. I cross the border checkpoint 25 miles north of the border at least once per week. The BP has the right to stop you and ask you questions, but unless they have probable cause you don't have to answer. I can post dozens of videos like the following:

So when is the last time you told LE no? Is this what you would teach your children/grandchildren to do?

What say you, and why?

Well given the current situation in America.... the video was likely faked. I wager the guy in the car, paid someone to dress like a cop, and say that. Might be Jesse Smollett in the car. Who knows. You can't trust those people. They all lie to make up racism.

You obviously slept through 8th grade Civics. They cover probable cause in that class.

So when is the last time you told LE no? Is this what you would teach your children/grandchildren to do?

As a matter of fact, I taught my child to resist tyranny, and to stand up for her constitutional rights. I know that goes against Trump and his storm troopers, but that is the way it is.

What say you, and why?

You obviously slept through 8th grade Civics. They cover probable cause in that class.

So you admit you passed 8th grade citizen's test?

Congrats...

Forum List

Back