Hows that Sanctuary State worken for ya California?

It's the richest state in the country. Double Texas, the closest in wealth.

I would say they are doing pretty good.

in spite of the recent problems.
you havent lived here according to you since the 80's.....so how would you know how life is there for many of its citizens?....yea if you live along the coast were all the wealthy live life is great.....try some of the in-land counties and cities,many people are just getting by or not getting by....still a lot of unemployment in land....as of October there are 18 counties over 5% unemployment,7 over 6%....3 at 8% or better...imperial county is at 19.2%...life is good along the coast....

Yes but I’m not out to demonize illegal aliens because one was a gang banger. It’s not an honest position to take.

Do you “demonize” all drunk drivers...or only those who kill others? Do you champion drunk driving? Do you know that more drunk drivers = more deaths at the hands of drunk drivers?
False equivalency...right?
No, it’s a fair comparison, both are illegal acts. Drunk driving, in my option, is a greater and more imminent threat to public safety than being here without documentation so I understand why the penalties are harsher.

Would you find it bizarre if there were folks who did champion drunk drivers, who encouraged people to drive drunk, who felt as though we OWE drunk drivers the right to drive?
All Most Wanted - Los Angeles Police Department

california-rape-race-2009.bmp

california-homicide-race-2009.bmp
No I wouldn’t find it odd. There will always be sympathetic people out there that want to help people who are poor, troubled, desperate, addicts or mentally disturbed. There will also be hardasses that want to inflict strict punishment as a means of dealing with law breaking.

I think it is a healthy debate and contrast to have. If either side had its way 100% then I think we would be heading down a bad path.

Only problem is just about all the sympathetic people want to help others with money that doesn't belong to them.
That could be said about any tax funded initiative. And there will always be people who oppose spending tax payer funds around any issue

Because many people don’t see it as a serious offense like rape and murder. It’s trespassing Which is a misdomeanor unless they are caught forging documents in which case it would be a more serious offense.

Those same people don't consider an illegal killing an innocent citizen as a serious offense.
Of course they do, it’s murder

Yup, but we sure don't want to turn them over to ICE. They'll deport his sorry ass...and that would be mean.
No, they will throw him in jail because he murdered somebody.

Hmmm...wasn't there a judge that, in the last couple of weeks, snuck an illegal out the back door of the courtroom?
I didn’t hear about that but it sounds like the judge was breaking the law and if so he/she should be held accountable.

Do you “demonize” all drunk drivers...or only those who kill others? Do you champion drunk driving? Do you know that more drunk drivers = more deaths at the hands of drunk drivers?
No, it’s a fair comparison, both are illegal acts. Drunk driving, in my option, is a greater and more imminent threat to public safety than being here without documentation so I understand why the penalties are harsher.

Would you find it bizarre if there were folks who did champion drunk drivers, who encouraged people to drive drunk, who felt as though we OWE drunk drivers the right to drive?

No I wouldn’t find it odd. There will always be sympathetic people out there that want to help people who are poor, troubled, desperate, addicts or mentally disturbed. There will also be hardasses that want to inflict strict punishment as a means of dealing with law breaking.

I think it is a healthy debate and contrast to have. If either side had its way 100% then I think we would be heading down a bad path.

Only problem is just about all the sympathetic people want to help others with money that doesn't belong to them.
That could be said about any tax funded initiative. And there will always be people who oppose spending tax payer funds around any issue

Yet we have American citizens that are homeless, starving kids, etc. So what the hell, let's let in more.

Yes but I’m not out to demonize illegal aliens because one was a gang banger. It’s not an honest position to take.

But you live in a nation funded and run by The People....our laws are constructed by The People. Why would you think it’s okay to support illegal activities that conflict with what The People want? Why would you support illegal activities that cost me financially, that cost Mollie Tibbetts her life?
What illegal activities do you think I support.

Change always follows a movement the opposes current law, that’s how new laws get written and old laws changed. It was once illegal for women to vote, it was once illegal to drink alcohol, it was once legal to discriminate against black people... opposition to these laws is what instigated change

Those same people don't consider an illegal killing an innocent citizen as a serious offense.

Yup, but we sure don't want to turn them over to ICE. They'll deport his sorry ass...and that would be mean.

Hmmm...wasn't there a judge that, in the last couple of weeks, snuck an illegal out the back door of the courtroom?
I didn’t hear about that but it sounds like the judge was breaking the law and if so he/she should be held accountable.

Evidently CNN and Fakebook must have "accidently" missed the story.
Judge Under Investigation For Allegedly Allowing Undocumented Immigrant to Sneak Out of Court

neither is doing anti ice just to not go along with trump.
I agree that anti ice is an extreme position but I do think the hyperbpartisan rhetoric around the immigration issue is a part of what cause that movement. I also think that Trump is a big part of leading the charge in the tone behind the environment of this conversation so he does bare some responsibility IMO

Trump doesn't mind taking the responsibility. Which is a whole lot more than could be said about ALL in congress, that feel it's much easier (and for some stupidass reason, better) to either defend illegals or kick the can down the road.
I give Trump props for wanting to do something but I don’t agree with what he is trying to do and I don’t think he is making a genuine effort to work with Dems to actually make a deal and get something done. On the other hand I don’t think the Dems are really trying to work with Trump on this issue either. Again it goes back to the toxic rhetoric around this issue and Trump is setting the tone.

Yea, Dems aren't interested in anything that resembles a negotiation.
True, neither is Trump. But the Dems did offer 1.3 billion for border security.

Yet we have American citizens that are homeless, starving kids, etc. So what the hell, let's let in more.
We have a surplus is open jobs in this country and agg fields that are closing down because they can’t get enough workers to harvest their crops. If we focused on how to best utilize a growing workforce instead of how to kick millions of people out of our country then we could do great things. But we aren’t even talking about that. It’s a shame

Judge Under Investigation For Allegedly Allowing Undocumented Immigrant to Sneak Out of Court
This was 2 years ago and the article speaks of an investigation. So what came of it? Was she found guilty of letting him sneak out or are we still taking about an allegation?

I agree that anti ice is an extreme position but I do think the hyperbpartisan rhetoric around the immigration issue is a part of what cause that movement. I also think that Trump is a big part of leading the charge in the tone behind the environment of this conversation so he does bare some responsibility IMO

Trump doesn't mind taking the responsibility. Which is a whole lot more than could be said about ALL in congress, that feel it's much easier (and for some stupidass reason, better) to either defend illegals or kick the can down the road.
I give Trump props for wanting to do something but I don’t agree with what he is trying to do and I don’t think he is making a genuine effort to work with Dems to actually make a deal and get something done. On the other hand I don’t think the Dems are really trying to work with Trump on this issue either. Again it goes back to the toxic rhetoric around this issue and Trump is setting the tone.

Yea, Dems aren't interested in anything that resembles a negotiation.
True, neither is Trump. But the Dems did offer 1.3 billion for border security.

If not mistaken that 1.3 was for Homeland Security....ONLY.

This was 2 years ago and the article speaks of an investigation. So what came of it? Was she found guilty of letting him sneak out or are we still taking about an allegation?

Haven't heard anything.

Good, get these gang bangers off the street.

How about do something to keep them out of the country.
We do a ton to keep them out of this country. Both parties have spent billions of dollars each year on fencing, walls, agents, tech, etc.

It's easy to spot you're a liar.
how much did we spend in 2018 on border security?
Not enough...........about 1.4 billion which replace, repaired and built new walls, levees, gates, and Fence repairs for about 100 miles........it is on the CBP site...........look for yourself.........
well i figured we need more but a bit of a stretch to call him a liar here. :)

But you live in a nation funded and run by The People....our laws are constructed by The People. Why would you think it’s okay to support illegal activities that conflict with what The People want? Why would you support illegal activities that cost me financially, that cost Mollie Tibbetts her life?

Change always follows a movement the opposes current law, that’s how new laws get written and old laws changed. It was once illegal for women to vote, it was once illegal to drink alcohol, it was once legal to discriminate against black people... opposition to these laws is what instigated change

These laws you speak of that changed...most laws are changed / amended because there are clear benefits for The People, the citizenry to implement said change. Not one of you have ever been able to show us how Americans benefit by the presence of illegal thirdworlders. Can you do that now?

Last edited:
Gustavo Perez Arriaga has been arrested for allegedly killing a CA police officer

Gustavo Perez Arriaga - Bing video
Good, get these gang bangers off the street.

You do realize he is an illegal alien?
sure he does. all sides need to stop acting like beligerant children.

We do a ton to keep them out of this country. Both parties have spent billions of dollars each year on fencing, walls, agents, tech, etc.

Not enough...........about 1.4 billion which replace, repaired and built new walls, levees, gates, and Fence repairs for about 100 miles........it is on the CBP site...........look for yourself.........
How much of that 1.4 billion was actually spent and put to use? Do you know?
Yawn.......it's on the CBP website.....I've been posting it on multiple threads........there are so many

well i figured we need more but a bit of a stretch to call him a liar here. :)
Some people jump straight to the name calling instead of asking questions and engaging in debate. Sometimes I get my facts wrong or bad information so appreciate it when I get it straightened out. But the only way to get there is to analyze and discuss the substance. Unfortunately there are those on this board looking for an echo chamber for their bias views and everybody else is a liar not worthy of debate.

I appreciate good political opponents like iceberg here who knows how to question and debate in a civil way. I hope some of that rubs off on others on this board

How many American citizens would need to be RAPED and KILLED by illegals before you agree to secure our borders and deport illegals? Or do you consider Americans RAPED and KILLED by illegals acceptable collateral damage?
I’ve said many times that I support border security I’m not advocating for a free for all system. But you are not going to convince me that tens of millions of people need to be rounded up and deported because a fraction of them are thugs. A fraction of Americans are thugs that rape and murder as well. We should be focusing on fighting crime and gangs. You are politicizing tragic events like this to support immigration policy. It’s the same bullshit the Left does with the gun debate after mass shootings. Except in this case you are demonizing people not weapons

Why not, they broke our laws. Why should they get a free pass and why should they get to jump to the front of the legal immigration line? We could process a lot more LEGAL immigrants if we were not spending BILLIONS of dollars dealing with these illegal law breaking invaders.

These laws you speak of that changed...most laws are changed / amendment because there are clear benefits for The People, the citizenry to implement said change. Not one of you have ever been able to show us how Americans benefit by the presence of illegal thirdworlders. Can you do that now?
I admit it is more of a moral issue than a cost benefit issue for me. I don’t think we should have open borders and I don’t think people should be able to just come here and jump on our welfare systems. But I do think anybody who wants to work hard and make a better life for themselves and their families should have to opportunity to do so. I think our country is big enough, and rich enough, and smart enough to utilize a growing workforce to expand our economy.

How much of that 1.4 billion was actually spent and put to use? Do you know?
Yawn.......it's on the CBP website.....I've been posting it on multiple threads........there are so many
how ironic. This is what I see when I go to the CBP website... “insufficient funds to maintain website”

How about you just tell me approximately how much of the 1.3 billion from last years budget was spent and on what. If you’ve been posting it then you should know.

Stats and Summaries | U.S. Customs and Border Protection

Forum List

Back