Huge Winter Storm Coming

Too damn cold to even go ice fishing.
Nothing ever bites when these severe cold snaps come through.
Went on a snowmobile ride last weekend and the wind would cut right through the heaviest gear. Lack of snow here though and trail groomers don't run.

Start 40 seconds in :oops:

I have caught a few monster Northerns on a little Crappie rod. Hell of a blast. Also have lost a few when they break the line on the edge of ice.

No desire to stand out on lake this weekend though with -30 to -40 windchills.

Went on a snowmobile ride last weekend and the wind would cut right through the heaviest gear. Lack of snow here though and trail groomers don't run.

I have caught a few monster Northerns on a little Crappie rod. Hell of a blast. Also have lost a few when they break the line on the edge of ice.

Gotta wonder what kind of line this dude had on his pole. Seems like teeth like this would make short work of 10-15 pound monofilament.

northern-pike.jpg

10 inches of snow .....that is a dusting. It never ceases to amaze me when a southern city gets 5 inches of snow and there are cars in ditches, places close down, panic. It's comical.
Snow and ice removal takes equipment and chemicals. The southern cities have neither. Add in inclines and it can be a messy situation. I also see people in ditches around here where we have the tools to deal with it. The drivers should also be use to it.

I will be out there on Tuesday. I have a shanty though.

Gotta wonder what kind of line this dude had on his pole. Seems like teeth like this would make short work of 10-15 pound monofilament.

northern-pike.jpg

Pulled up northerns with even 4lb test line with no leader on a small rod. Takes some luck that they don't bite off the line and usually a twenty minute battle.
Sometimes use an underwater camera and you would be amazed how many fish nose the bait and simply swim away.

Wish I could afford a wheeled fish house.
Like fishing in a comfy RV.
012620.N.GFH.WHEELHOUSE-Photo 1_ Houses on Lake of the Woods.jpg
6673c36554aa3ea60e45d24c23d1cc85.jpg

I would be out there regardless of the bite in one of these having cocktails.

Supposed to be slightly warmer tues.
This is my portable rig on a local lake, set up to tow with a snowmobile.
20200201_115205.jpg

I'm trying to get ready now. This is going to suck. It's going to be -22 on Tuesday. The hell is that? Why?

AND, there is still ice on the damn road from this past Tuesday because we haven't been over 32 degrees since then. AND
I'm still going to wind up mowing the lawn by the end of the month. Bet.
God hates democrats.

northern-pike.jpg

Pulled up northerns with even 4lb test line with no leader on a small rod. Takes some luck that they don't bite off the line and usually a twenty minute battle.
Sometimes use an underwater camera and you would be amazed how many fish nose the bait and simply swim away.

View attachment 456665View attachment 456666

Curious - what does a used rig like this cost new?

northern-pike.jpg

Ya. Those would be really nice. I have to fish lake erie. Not thick enough ice to get out where the big fish are yet. All I have been getting is crappie, bluegill, and perch so far. I gotta get on eating my fish ,still have fish in freezer from summer. The bite ice fishing has been insane. Gunna run out of space real soon. Tried to give fish slabs away at the camp ground but few people are there and the ones that are have full freezers also. I would try to give it away in the city where I am right now but that means interacting with couch potatoes. Maybe I will offer on face book.

Supposed to be slightly warmer tues.
This is my portable rig on a local lake, set up to tow with a snowmobile. View attachment 456669

Pretty similar to what I have. I cart mine with 4 wheeler.

northern-pike.jpg

Curious - what does a used rig like this cost new?

Average is around 16K for a smaller one. Big RV style trailer will run much more. As varied as the RV market. Can be used as a summer camper also. Really getting popular here.

I'm trying to get ready now. This is going to suck. It's going to be -22 on Tuesday. The hell is that? Why?

AND, there is still ice on the damn road from this past Tuesday because we haven't been over 32 degrees since then. AND
God hates democrats.
I live in a red state. Even the Democrats are Republicans.

There was a 100 car pile up in the DFW area, on I-35 west day before yesterday- it was blamed on Black ice- ruh-roh- Last I read 5 people died- I wonder if here are any Black ICE members offended?

That was bad

How fast was that stupid fuck going?

Dunno, but even if he'd been doing less than the speed limit - Ice on a downhill stretch of road may have given him the same result.

oh oh oh that's right! the road was a sheet of ice

Wow! Really? Our first mowing of the lawn after winter is usually late May, for us way up here! :eek:

God hates democrats.
I live in a red state. Even the Democrats are Republicans.
:lol::lol::lol:

Are you ready?Get prepared.Big winter mess coming.Biden has failed again.He should have declared a disaster and get funds to these areas.People are going to suffer because of his incompetence.When you have a fool in office this is what happens.Trump would have been right on top of this.

See the source image
Biden's job here is to kill, steal and destroy the economy.

Explosions in Space May Have Initiated Ancient Extinction on Earth

Scientists at NASA and the University of Kansas say that a mass extinction on Earth hundreds of millions of years ago could have been triggered by a star explosion called a gamma-ray burst. The scientists do not have direct evidence that such a burst activated the ancient extinction. The strength of their work is their atmospheric modeling -- essentially a "what if" scenario.

The scientists calculated that gamma-ray radiation from a relatively nearby star explosion, hitting the Earth for only ten seconds, could deplete up to half of the atmosphere's protective ozone layer. Recovery could take at least five years. With the ozone layer damaged, ultraviolet radiation from the Sun could kill much of the life on land and near the surface of oceans and lakes, and disrupt the food chain.

oh oh oh that's right! the road was a sheet of ice

Daughter and I hit a patch of road in Idaho on a mostly sunny day that appeared to have just been hit with a bad hailstorm.
Even that was enough to put me on the side of the road and dozens of others into the median ditch.
We were lucky not to have been hit. One guy came real close - whizzed by us like a spinning top - Missed by inches.

Wow! Really? Our first mowing of the lawn after winter is usually late May, for us way up here! :eek:

Mine usually starts at the beginning of March. I think the winters were much more brutal when I was a kid. In the last five years they have been relatively mild.

There was a 100 car pile up in the DFW area, on I-35 west day before yesterday- it was blamed on Black ice- ruh-roh- Last I read 5 people died- I wonder if here are any Black ICE members offended?
That crash was talked about on the Inside Edition show last night. This one lady apparently was able to leave her vehicle where ever it stopped and she hitched a ride to get to her nurses job. Did she leave a note in her vehicle with her phone number on it? I have no idea. To me, doing that would be the move to make in case her vehicle were to be towed away while she was at her job. The tow truck driver of course would then know how to let her know where her vehicle would then be located for her to pick up if it wasn't a complete and total wreck of course. One of the eighteen wheeler trucks involved was right in front of her.

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly

P.S. Staying busy may be the smart move to make when something major is on your plate, but I don't know if I would've been able to focus on anything else had I been a part of something so severe.

Forum List

Back