Huge Winter Storm Coming

10 inches of snow .....that is a dusting. It never ceases to amaze me when a southern city gets 5 inches of snow and there are cars in ditches, places close down, panic. It's comical.

I think it's hilarious when I see you yankees that keep moving to Texas pass out from heat stroke when it's 100+ degrees out with 90% humidity.
You guys sure are pussies.

oh oh oh that's right! the road was a sheet of ice

Daughter and I hit a patch of road in Idaho on a mostly sunny day that appeared to have just been hit with a bad hailstorm.
Even that was enough to put me on the side of the road and dozens of others into the median ditch.
We were lucky not to have been hit. One guy came real close - whizzed by us like a spinning top - Missed by inches.
A few years back a car behind me lost it just as I was exiting the freeway. He did a 360 passing me on the left and got smeared by three other cars as I was using the exit ramp. Pure luck he didn't spin into me.
When I was a young dumb driver I lost it on a hill approaching a red light. Came to a stop perfectly at the light completely backwards in the right lane missing the car stopped in the left lane. We both had the look of 'holy shit' on our faces. Lol.

Are you ready?Get prepared.Big winter mess coming.Biden has failed again.He should have declared a disaster and get funds to these areas.People are going to suffer because of his incompetence.When you have a fool in office this is what happens.Trump would have been right on top of this.

See the source image
Isn't it up to tbe governors to first declare a disaster?

Too damn cold to even go ice fishing.
Nothing ever bites when these severe cold snaps come through.
Went on a snowmobile ride last weekend and the wind would cut right through the heaviest gear. Lack of snow here though and trail groomers don't run.

Start 40 seconds in :oops:

I have caught a few monster Northerns on a little Crappie rod. Hell of a blast. Also have lost a few when they break the line on the edge of ice.

No desire to stand out on lake this weekend though with -30 to -40 windchills.

Gotta wonder what kind of line this dude had on his pole. Seems like teeth like this would make short work of 10-15 pound monofilament.

northern-pike.jpg

Was thinking the same.
Sure it was braided line. Thats all I use these days,10lb diameter with a 40lb test weight.
Great for hauling bass out of thick weeds.

Went on a snowmobile ride last weekend and the wind would cut right through the heaviest gear. Lack of snow here though and trail groomers don't run.

I have caught a few monster Northerns on a little Crappie rod. Hell of a blast. Also have lost a few when they break the line on the edge of ice.

Gotta wonder what kind of line this dude had on his pole. Seems like teeth like this would make short work of 10-15 pound monofilament.

northern-pike.jpg

Pulled up northerns with even 4lb test line with no leader on a small rod. Takes some luck that they don't bite off the line and usually a twenty minute battle.
Sometimes use an underwater camera and you would be amazed how many fish nose the bait and simply swim away.

Wish I could afford a wheeled fish house.
Like fishing in a comfy RV.
View attachment 456665View attachment 456666
I would be out there regardless of the bite in one of these having cocktails.

I've always wanted to try ice fishing,of course I'd wanna be inside one of those pictured if I did.
My Southern blood is way too thin to be out in that kinda cold.

I'm trying to get ready now. This is going to suck. It's going to be -22 on Tuesday. The hell is that? Why?

AND, there is still ice on the damn road from this past Tuesday because we haven't been over 32 degrees since then. AND
I'm still going to wind up mowing the lawn by the end of the month. Bet.
Wow! Really? Our first mowing of the lawn after winter is usually late May, for us way up here! :eek:

LOL....we have to get our grass cut 10 months out of the year.

I'm trying to get ready now. This is going to suck. It's going to be -22 on Tuesday. The hell is that? Why?

AND, there is still ice on the damn road from this past Tuesday because we haven't been over 32 degrees since then. AND
God is angry the left cheated

oh oh oh that's right! the road was a sheet of ice

Daughter and I hit a patch of road in Idaho on a mostly sunny day that appeared to have just been hit with a bad hailstorm.
Even that was enough to put me on the side of the road and dozens of others into the median ditch.
We were lucky not to have been hit. One guy came real close - whizzed by us like a spinning top - Missed by inches.
A few years back a car behind me lost it just as I was exiting the freeway. He did a 360 passing me on the left and got smeared by three other cars as I was using the exit ramp. Pure luck he didn't spin into me.
When I was a young dumb driver I lost it on a hill approaching a red light. Came to a stop perfectly at the light completely backwards in the right lane missing the car stopped in the left lane. We both had the look of 'holy shit' on our faces. Lol.

I was born lucky I'm pretty sure. As a senior in high school, I was driving my parent's Jeep Wagoneer home after stopping for a couple of beers at a buddy's after our basketball game. It was raining pretty good and I decided (brilliantly I am certain ;-) to take a shortcut through an empty parking lot outside Kmart.

Somehow I lost traction and did a least a 360 coming to rest JUST on the other side of a light pole. I think I said "thank you Jesus" and proceeded on home in an extremely cautious manner.

45 years now of accident free driving. That may have been a great lesson!

God is more angry you weren't aborted. :lol:

northern-pike.jpg

Pulled up northerns with even 4lb test line with no leader on a small rod. Takes some luck that they don't bite off the line and usually a twenty minute battle.
Sometimes use an underwater camera and you would be amazed how many fish nose the bait and simply swim away.

I've always wanted to try ice fishing,of course I'd wanna be inside one of those pictured if I did.

As I get older, roughing it out on the lake with a portable is a lot of work and cold until you fire up a little buddy heater. It would be nice to fish in an RV. Could spread whole weekend on ice.
Not bad though if it is at least in the twenties on a sunny day as the sun gets stronger each day now. Spring ice fishing before the ice gets thin again is the best. Add in a few bumps of Fireball.
Quite amazing how much winter activity there is on the north lakes in winter. Lot of partying too.

God doesnt approve of killing babies. Try again

northern-pike.jpg

As I get older, roughing it out on the lake with a portable is a lot of work and cold until you fire up a little buddy heater. It would be nice to fish in an RV. Could spread whole weekend on ice.
Not bad though if it is at least in the twenties on a sunny day as the sun gets stronger each day now. Spring ice fishing before the ice gets thin again is the best. Add in a few bumps of Fireball.
Quite amazing how much winter activity there is on the north lakes in winter. Lot of partying too.

Dont most people just leave the shanties out on the ice for the season?

northern-pike.jpg

Dont most people just leave the shanties out on the ice for the season?

The home built shacks they do. The new wheeled houses they just take out for day or weekend. Wheels on trailer raise up to drop ice house to ice. Just has to be thick enough ice for driving vehicles.
Problem leaving crap on lakes when not there is thieves. Starting beginning of march can't leave anything on ice overnight as season for thinning ice starts. Mid march in north. DNR fines the shit out of people for crap or abandoned ice houses. Supposed to be marked with name and address.

What did Jesus say about abortion? Oh yes - NOTHING

What did Jesus say about abortion? Oh yes - NOTHING
Thou SHALL do no MURDER

You aren't authorized to speak for God

Forum List

Back