🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

I am rapture ready are you?

Before you come up with whatever you are going to come up with, HP, know that I stand by Starkey's comment that we should be ready to meet our Maker each day of our lives. He is right. We should.

Jerimiah, do you believe a real christian would lie and deceive on this forum?
You asking because a huge deja vu has occurred here!

With that in mind would you care to be honest with the people here to let them know how many screen names you have had before the one you are currently using, Hot Potato? Thanks. (as you are so intent on being the judge over the people who write on this board we should have the right to know about you too, don't you think? )

I think that I will just rapture myself out of this thread altogether.

/unsubscribe

Nothing to do with me believing in real christians, I am asking if you believe a real christian would lie and deceive?

First screen name for me on usmessageboard. I did post on us religion yahoo boards as petetheroman

Nothing to do with me believing in real christians, I am asking if you believe a real christian would lie and deceive?

Sure. Why not? Abraham deceived someone and told them Sarah was his sister. He kept the truth from the man that Sarah was his wife because he feared death. Yet we know that Abraham is seated in heaven now because Jesus made that clear that he was. ( When Jesus went to the cross and took the keys to hell and the grave he did then minister to those awaiting the promise - in paradise - located directly across from hell - even by the testimony of the rich man and Lazarus which was not a parable but a testimony of a rich man in hell - yet another testimony on hell - isn't it amazing what one finds in the bible, HP? ) So then........... How many more examples do you need?

Here is the beauty of Jesus Christ, HotPotato. When you confess your sins? You are forgiven of them as if they never happened. Here is another one for you. Katherine Kuhlman was accused of having been a divorced woman. She said, it never happened. Do you know why she said that? Because if God says He has thrown our sins as far as the east is from the west? Then who is man to remember them?

In other words, Hot Potato? Confess your own sins and do not worry about confessing the sins of others. Mind your own business. God didn't make you a judge over other people and as you are not God? I'm not interested in hearing another word you have to say on the matter of what "real Christians" have or have not done. Understood? I surely hope so. - Jeremiah

Ah, I get it now, you can lie, cheat, deceive and commit all manner of sins as long as you confess them to him upstairs? Just don't let any mortal know. Brilliant! If I am tempted to become a lying cheating individual I will join your club.
All the best with that Jeri, I am off for my Chinese supper...later.

Jeri, great reply. HotPotato's question needs to be transparent as to why he is asking it. I do not believe that Biblical literalism is more than religious error, but neither do I believe that it is apostasy. My life with Christ is experienced in His love and grace.

Ah, I get it now, you can lie, cheat, deceive and commit all manner of sins as long as you confess them to him upstairs? Just don't let any mortal know. Brilliant! If I am tempted to become a lying cheating individual I will join your club.

Lying isn't a sin. Lying in a trial is, but not in conversation like.

Oh! I get it now! You're thinking you have to kiss the popes ring, go in that little confessional box or crawl up the side of a mountain on glass to get forgiveness! Is that it? Penance? Ha! Ha! Forget it. That is not how it works. Ye must be born again, HP. Its' by grace ye are saved and not works lest you boast about it.

Listen! King David had it right when he said, Blessed is the man who God does not impute sin against! And again, King David repented and said, Against you alone, O God! Have I sinned! Against you alone, O God! Get it?

No one has to repent to anyone but God - of course if you sin against someone as you have done to me by going off topic on my religion threads? Then drop me an email and say I repent and you can have your conscience cleared of the matter, HP. But know this! I have already forgiven you of it because I keep a very short account with God. As Starkey has made clear to you already, you should be ready to meet your Maker every day of your life. Every day. Which means you should not be playing "God" any given day of your own life because you are not him. Neither are you Peter the Roman although it sounds like you probably played the part to the hilt!

To hear you tell it no one on this earth could be saved because the bible is very clear that all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. All! Didn't you learn anything reading Paul's account of sin? That would be Romans. Read it, Peter.

Jeri, great reply. HotPotato's question needs to be transparent as to why he is asking it. I do not believe that Biblical literalism is more than religious error, but neither do I believe that it is apostasy. My life with Christ is experienced in His love and grace.

Your experiencing God's love and grace is wonderful to hear about, Starkey because I have also experienced His love and grace myself and it is quite overwhelming when we realize what He did when He came to earth as a man and went to the cross to pay for our sins. I am overwhelmed by what God did for me and for you and every person who has believed on the Lord Jesus Christ and accepted Him as LORD and Master. Those that are led by the Spirit of God are the sons of God. I thank Jesus!

"All warfare is based upon deception." - Sun Tzu

Sometimes you have to lie, and the authors of the Tanach understood that.

Sun Tzu was wrong. Not all warfare is based on deception. Certainly not spiritual warfare. Sun Tzu was not the end all - warrior you make him out to be, Delta. He was quoting battle plans that preceded his own days on earth. Not his own ideas!

Such as his teaching to fight with the sun behind you so that it was in the enemies eyes. That was not his battle plan! He read about it from one of Joshua's battles. Listen, every good thing - every brilliant battle strategy - you can be sure it didn't come from some godless pagan warrior of the orient but rather from My God! The God of the Bible and the Tanach! Understood?

Lying isn't a sin. Lying in a trial is, but not in conversation like.

Yes it is. Thou shalt not bear false witness. We all need to repent of our sins and keep a short account with God. Last night when I was praying to God I repented for my sons sins if there be anything he has done please forgive him, LORD. Job did that for his own children. It is a good thing to do and continue to pray for them that they live holy lives before the LORD. If you feel someone could have misunderstood you in your words make your words clear to them. That is also important. Omission is as much a sin as saying the wrong thing. If something comes to our mind we should make it crystal clear at the very next opportunity. If there is something not right - you can be sure the LORD is bringing it up to your conscience, Delta. Deal with whatever He brings up quickly and do not let it linger on.

Did you not claim before there was no such thing as a real christian? But now you wish to pretend there is such a thing and for what purpose? To accuse Starkey or is it the Raptureready writer? Because you must have an agenda in this but before you answer know this, HP. Know that Satan is the accuser of the brethren and he uses the mouths of those who are willing to be his mouthpiece to get his dirty work done. Know that. Then ask your question in a straightforward manner.
I sure hope robin williams accepted Jesus as his Lord and Savior before his death, if so he is one happy,blessed man flooded with joy tonight!!!! But!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THINK!! WHAT WILL LIFE BE LIKE FOR YOU THE SPLIT second after you die!! DEATH IS NOT THE END of life, it is the real beginning!!! but where??? you get to chose today!!

The call it lying for their god jr jesus

Lying for Jesus is a form of pious fraud which happens when some Christians believe that falsifying information is acceptable if that brings people to Jesus or somehow supports his historicity, saintliness or supposed godliness.

The practice has a long and venerable history in the Christian religions.

Eusebius of Caesarea (c. AD 260 or 265 – 339 or 340), Emperor Constantine's bishop, was one of the earliest active advocates of the process:

“”How it may be lawful and fitting to use falsehood as a medicine, and for the benefit of those who want to be deceived.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Eusebius is considered the most likely perpetrator of the claimed mention of Jesus in Josephus.

Martin Luther
As well as his documented belief that reason is faith's greatest enemy, the founder of Protestantism also noted:

“”What harm would it do, if a man told a good strong lie for the sake of the good and for the Christian church ... a lie out of necessity, a useful lie, a helpful lie, such lies would not be against God, he would accept them.

[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Did you not claim before there was no such thing as a real christian? But now you wish to pretend there is such a thing and for what purpose? To accuse Starkey or is it the Raptureready writer? Because you must have an agenda in this but before you answer know this, HP. Know that Satan is the accuser of the brethren and he uses the mouths of those who are willing to be his mouthpiece to get his dirty work done. Know that. Then ask your question in a straightforward manner.
I sure hope robin williams accepted Jesus as his Lord and Savior before his death, if so he is one happy,blessed man flooded with joy tonight!!!! But!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THINK!! WHAT WILL LIFE BE LIKE FOR YOU THE SPLIT second after you die!! DEATH IS NOT THE END of life, it is the real beginning!!! but where??? you get to chose today!!

Why would someone with a brain and critical thinking skills debase themselves at the end of their lives

The call it lying for their god jr jesus

Lying for Jesus is a form of pious fraud which happens when some Christians believe that falsifying information is acceptable if that brings people to Jesus or somehow supports his historicity, saintliness or supposed godliness.

The practice has a long and venerable history in the Christian religions.

Eusebius of Caesarea (c. AD 260 or 265 – 339 or 340), Emperor Constantine's bishop, was one of the earliest active advocates of the process:

“”How it may be lawful and fitting to use falsehood as a medicine, and for the benefit of those who want to be deceived.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Eusebius is considered the most likely perpetrator of the claimed mention of Jesus in Josephus.

Martin Luther
As well as his documented belief that reason is faith's greatest enemy, the founder of Protestantism also noted:

“”What harm would it do, if a man told a good strong lie for the sake of the good and for the Christian church ... a lie out of necessity, a useful lie, a helpful lie, such lies would not be against God, he would accept them.

[TBODY] [/TBODY]
  • Bill Wiese's book '23 Minutes in Hell' is scare-tactic sensationalism at it's best, and attempts to use Bill's experience (read: bold faced lie) of visiting Hell to scare people into converting (and to make Bill filthy rich).

Forum List

Back