I believe that a Trump/DeSantis primary battle is very likely. How will it play out?

Excuse me, this is meant in humor, but, what "hand"? It isn't clear they have many good cards.
Their cards must have been good enough to win control over both congressional houses and the White House, right?

The DNC has tipped its hand. They are absolutely more concerned about facing Trump than any other prospective GOP possible candidate. That’s why we have the January 6 Circus going on. They are hoping against hope to persuade Republicans to get fickle about Trump. And they are obviously distressed that their faux committee bombshells are all duds.

Assuming Trump does run I believe he will prevail against DeSantis. I kind of like DeSantis, so I hope Trump doesn’t engage in the scorched-Earth bullshit he used against Cruz.

I’m not so sure about Brandon. I didn’t expect him to be permitted to play the role of President even this long. The Dims recognize that he’s a political disaster. But if he runs for re-election and gets the Dim nod, he seems to overly ripe for the plucking.

Never count your chickens …. But things seem justifiably bleak for the Dims in the midterms and in 2024.

Advantage GOP and Trump.
'Always look a gift horse in the mouth'.

I generally agree. However: even a player with bad cards may sometimes seek to steal the pot with a bluff.
Well, to continue in humor, winning with a bluff isn't theft. It's playing one's cards well. Everyone is on equal ground as gamblers.
Retired people aren't gamblers; they invested their lives in the growth of the nation, to the point of making it the most powerful in history. Now, they see their retirement eroding like sand on a storm-crossed beach.
Those in charge in recent decades have not served us well.

Well, to continue in humor, winning with a bluff isn't theft. It's playing one's cards well. Everyone is on equal ground as gamblers.
Retired people aren't gamblers; they invested their lives in the growth of the nation, to the point of making it the most powerful in history. Now, they see their retirement eroding like sand on a storm-crossed beach.
Those in charge in recent decades have not served us well.
Stealing second base isn’t illegal either. But it’s the term we use.

If the DNC recognizes that it has damn little to offer, it is a coherent strategy to see if you can assist the opponent into self-destructing. Thus, maybe it’s clever gaming to say, “let’s see what we can do now to get the GOP to jettison Trump.”

The GOP need not play that game, though.

You all know that Trump's legal residence is in Florida. You all know that DeSantis is the governor of Florida. You all should know that the president and vice president cannot be residents of the same state.

DeSantis will not run for president at all. He will do exactly what he said he would do. He will be Governor of Florida. In 2028 he will have an easy election as president.
Where is it written that the President and the Veep can't be from the same state?

I gave up after Bush of any hope for anyone who will save this highjacked Republic.

Trump or Desantis wouldn't get my vote but then I don't feel like I have a choice anymore.

Illegal laws Trump singed into law, neither one was needed or legal.

DeSantis lied about saving our Everglades and sided with the foreign sugar beets owner from Cuba this no help in stopping the devastated our eco system here in Florida. Our water here is polluted and drying up our springs { which happen to be the largest conentration of springs on THE EARTH], up plus being sold all over the world by foregn ers like Nestles,and local Coca Cola.

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=032a...tY2hvc2Utc3VnYXItb3Zlci1mbG9yaWRpYW5zLw&ntb=1

I don't see any hope in voting.

How can Trump run for office after instigating to overthrow an election?

Trump is trying to avoid that conflict, by dangling VP in front of Ron.

During a Thursday morning Newsmax interview, Trump was asked about a potential “Trump-DeSantis ticket in 2024.”

That would place Trump atop the ticket of course, with the Florida Governor in a subordinate role.

Trump offered a cagey response to the question.

“Well, I get along with him. I was very responsible for his success because I endorsed him and he went up like a rocket ship, just like I endorsed Mary Miller the other day,” Trump said, referring to a candidate he endorsed in Illinois who won Tuesday.

Should Ron accept this offer? He'll have to carefully consider the odds. Right now a Republican victory in 2024 is about as sure as anything in politics is, but if Trump gets another four years, 2028 might not be such a slam dunk, even if Ron is Don's heir apparent.

So Ron could take the VP spot, willing to be second banana for four years, and then the improved economy could lull Americans into thinking that we can afford to have a Democrat in the white house again.

I don't picture Ron doing that. I believe that he will fight and that it will be a rough one. But not as bad as the news media will portray it. I dont' see Trump digging up dirt on DiSantis, nor paying for any files of fake information on him, nor floating unfounded rumors so salacious that they are bound to be repeated and remembered no matter how absurdly false.

Trump can be an asshole when campaigning, but not that much of an asshole. Right, Dems?

So if Trump goes after DiSantis hard and wins, DiSantis lives to fight another day. And he has a decent chance to win. I believe that many Republicans, given a choice between the two, might vote DiSantis, thinking that Trump is their ideal, but that the Dems have worked so hard to smear him and thus DiSantis may be the best hope.
How will DeSantis do this if he can't imitate the fat former guy anymore?

The party does not want to see a DeSantis/Trump fight.
It would be terrible for the GOP and would provide fodder for the Democrats by the ship load.

If DeSantis decides to run, I would hope the party gets behind him. No one would beat him, and most importantly, he is what the country needs. We do not need Trump again. That just might be the final nail for a true civil war that could forever damage the unity of this nation that is already severely weakened.

How will DeSantis do this if he can't imitate the fat former guy anymore?
I'm going to guess what you mean by that. If I'm wrong, oh well. My words of wisdom will benefit you anyway.

I guess that you mean that if DeSantis runs against Trump, he can no longer advocate the same policies that Trump advocates, like a closed border, putting criminals in jail, deporting illegals, and economic decisions that benefit America.

Take a look at the 2008 primary contest in which Obama overtook Clinton to win the nomination and the White House (and lived to tell the tale). Obama, a relative unknown, used the media attention that he got for being black to roll out his policy positions. Each one was identical to Clinton's except one. Guess which one policy point Obama disagreed with Clinton on? Answer at bottom.

By doing that, he gave Democrats no hook to hang their hats on in preferring Clinton. By being Clinton, but as played by a handsome half-black guy, and with none of her negatives, he was an easy choice once he became well-known. The media made sure he got plenty of air time, and the rest is history.

DeSantis could do exactly the same, and more. More because Trump has a four year record to defend, and he did not build the wall as promised, and certainly did not make Mexico pay for it. There is an easy way to do both, and DeSantis probably knows it. The media will try to pin Trump's negatives on him. They will rarely ask a question that is not about Trump.

DeSantis was out of congress for the Capital riots, and not in any inner circle of Trump's so he's clean.

ANSWER: The one and only issue that Obama differed with Clinton on was whether their new government-managed health insurance would be mandatory or voluntary to purchase. Obama only wanted health insurance to be mandatory for children.

Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!

Trump needs to prove that the election was stolen.
Why? He has a first amendment right to say it was stolen, whether he can prove it or not.

Anyway, I think he's focused on 2024, now. I am very sure that he thinks about Ron DeSantis much more than he thinks about Bennie Thompson.

It will play out like two idiots embarrassing themselves and our country. Trump will come up with a childish nickname and label DeSantis, then trump will call his wife ugly and spread lies about his family while Ron tries to act tough. When trump wins Ronnie will go back to being a Trump kiss ass. It’s all so predictable:
Just like Cancun Cruz did.

Why? He has a first amendment right to say it was stolen, whether he can prove it or not.

Anyway, I think he's focused on 2024, now. I am very sure that he thinks about Ron DeSantis much more than he thinks about Bennie Thompson.

Of course Trump has a right to lie all day long, but that's not actionable. It's not evidence.

If the Republicans had any sense they would be cultivating a Desantis-Hawley ticket. The Democrats would have to default to Newsom-? to have any hope.
It remains to be seen what the duopoly will allow.

Democrats don't like DeSantis but they are afraid of Trump.

TRUMP all the way.

Forum List

Back