"I Had an Abortion"

What the hell?

Pathetic. Horridly written.

:rofl:

Honey, sometimes I can't tell if you are still speaking English - and you're going to point fingers at the author?

:lmao:

It was just a quick review.

It is horridly written. Would you prefer written horridly?

Both are acceptable.

ETA: are you thinking I misspelled horribly? I wasn't using that word at all. I meant horrid. Truly I did.

No, hon. I know you did. I meant other places and tines.

Women don't choose to have a late term abortion unless they need to. If they are in the third trimester, one must assume (logically) that they want that baby, so they wouldn't just up and decide to have an abortion.
Women who have late abortions should be given compassion, as it cannot be an easy choice to make.

If the womans life is at risk and the baby can't live outside of the womb fine, I agree. But why have a late term abortion at all if the baby can live outside the womb just deliver the baby.

Tay–Sachs disease (also known as GM2 gangliosidosis or hexosaminidase A deficiency) is a rare autosomal recessive genetic disorder. In its most common variant (known as infantile Tay–Sachs disease), it causes a progressive deterioration of nerve cells and of mental and physical abilities that commences around six months of age and usually results in death by the age of four. The disease occurs when harmful quantities of cell membrane components known as gangliosides accumulate in the brain's nerve cells, eventually leading to the premature death of the cells. A ganglioside is a form of sphingolipid, which makes Tay–Sachs disease a member of the sphingolipidoses. There is no known cure or treatment.

The child becomes blind, deaf, unable to swallow, atrophied, and paralytic.

You were saying?

Six months of age means the baby is already here unless your suggesting that the child be killed at the sixth month diagnosis age. What unborn babies isn't enough blood for you, now lets kill born defective children too. Sounds alot like the final solution,Kill all those we find undesirable or those we feel are worthless, heil Hitler!

And I'm the creepy one? At least i'm not a ghoul. Your mind is sick beyond repair.

If the womans life is at risk and the baby can't live outside of the womb fine, I agree. But why have a late term abortion at all if the baby can live outside the womb just deliver the baby.

Tay–Sachs disease (also known as GM2 gangliosidosis or hexosaminidase A deficiency) is a rare autosomal recessive genetic disorder. In its most common variant (known as infantile Tay–Sachs disease), it causes a progressive deterioration of nerve cells and of mental and physical abilities that commences around six months of age [/SIZE]and usually results in death by the age of four. The disease occurs when harmful quantities of cell membrane components known as gangliosides accumulate in the brain's nerve cells, eventually leading to the premature death of the cells. A ganglioside is a form of sphingolipid, which makes Tay–Sachs disease a member of the sphingolipidoses. There is no known cure or treatment.

You were saying?

Six months of age means the baby is already here unless your suggesting that the child be killed at the sixth month diagnosis age. What unborn babies isn't enough blood for you, now lets kill born defective children too. Sounds alot like the final solution,Kill all those we find undesirable or those we feel are worthless, heil Hitler!

And I'm the creepy one? At least i'm not a ghoul. Your mind is sick beyond repair.

6 month old preemie is absolutely viable nowadays and there is no reason that child should not be delivered if any threat to mom exists or even she suddenly decides she does not want a baby anymore.
No abortion at that gestational age.
Tay-Sachs is a genetic disorder which is usually known to the parents as it is ethnically connected. Prognosis for the babies is poor - they do not survive more than 4 years.
Still no reason to abort those babies.

You were saying?

6 month old preemie is absolutely viable nowadays and there is no reason that child should not be delivered if any threat to mom exists or even she suddenly decides she does not want a baby anymore.
Tay-Sachs is a genetic disorder which is usually known to the parents as it is ethnically connected. Prognosis for the babies is poor - they do not survive more than 4 years.

In your opinion.

Plus, are you a doctor?

In your opinion.

Plus, are you a doctor?

Are you?

Premature baby born three months early and weighing under 2lb is back at home before his due date | Mail Online

article-2344909-1A66CD4F000005DC-407_634x471.jpg

article-2344909-1A66108A000005DC-594_634x460.jpg

Some abortions can be stymied if interested family/friends are given the option to adopt and raise the developing life. Before an abortion can happen, first allow others to come in and save it from death. If there must some financial incentive for the biological mother, so be it.

Birth control and education, people. That's all it takes.

Make birth control affordable, free to those who just don't have the money, and watch the abortion rate drop.

In truth, it is men like joe & luddly who completely support the abortion industry. Because they always want to have the option of coercing women to dump their babies.

Most abortions are coerced.

Such ignorance absent evidence.

And insulting to women perceived to be too ‘weak-minded’ to decide for themselves.

Exactly.

Tay–Sachs disease (also known as GM2 gangliosidosis or hexosaminidase A deficiency) is a rare autosomal recessive genetic disorder. In its most common variant (known as infantile Tay–Sachs disease), it causes a progressive deterioration of nerve cells and of mental and physical abilities that commences around six months of age and usually results in death by the age of four. The disease occurs when harmful quantities of cell membrane components known as gangliosides accumulate in the brain's nerve cells, eventually leading to the premature death of the cells. A ganglioside is a form of sphingolipid, which makes Tay–Sachs disease a member of the sphingolipidoses. There is no known cure or treatment.

You were saying?

And he who references ‘Hitler’ has lost the argument.

In truth, it is men like joe & luddly who completely support the abortion industry. Because they always want to have the option of coercing women to dump their babies.

Most abortions are coerced.

Such ignorance absent evidence.

And insulting to women perceived to be too ‘weak-minded’ to decide for themselves.

Oh look, another man proclaiming that abortion is for the strong minded, and denying the reality of coercion.

Meanwhile, my grandson...5 months:

Last edited:
You were saying?

And he who references ‘Hitler’ has lost the argument.

Oh, so somebody couldn't be bothered to read the article to find out when the disease can be detected in utero?

Shock -n- Awe, y'all!

:clap2:

Don't hate, appreciate, baby killers.

Lol..that's a word of advice from my granddaughter.

Birth control and education, people. That's all it takes.

Make birth control affordable, free to those who just don't have the money, and watch the abortion rate drop.

There's a lot of questions around that. It's true that life begins when the egg and sperm combine to create the zygote, which is the exacting point that a developing life begins. IF birth controls prevents sperm and egg from forming, I would be 100% for cheap and effective birth control.

However, there's also the issue of younger and younger promiscuity. If birth control can be bought OTC, young girls and boys could have rampant sex. And even younger. That, and any young runt of a girl could buy birth control and go out and have sex with an over-age male. I just wish kids and teens could be innocent, and stay out of trouble, but that's more than likely a pipe-dream.

My sensitivity on this issue is that I plan on being a father of at least two little girls in the distant future (someday). I'm scared as hell of having to protect my boys and girls from bad influences, so I reason the best I can do is to keep them occupied and shower them with as much love and attention as I can. Go picking in the orchard, work as a family team in the garden, have icecream night every Saturday and watch a wholesome movie. I don't know.

What I do know is that I don't want my little girls going out at night God-knows-where and having sex with whoever. Girls barely know those young boys, and there's only one thing on the minds of those boys. Sex. Just using them for sex. Young teens (male and female) who don't have proper upbringing whore around and get into trouble. Those bad influence invite alcohol, smoking, drugs, law-breaking, etc. I'd rather have my little girls safe and sound at home, warm, well-fed, safe, and content.

I'm only 25 but thinking about the future and its dangers is enough to give one an ulcer or ten.

I'm sorry. It's a lovely, well thought-out post. It just doesn't really have a hill of beans to do with preventing abortions by preventing pregnancy the easiest way imaginable.

In your opinion.

Plus, are you a doctor?

Are you?

I don't pretend to know what the best option is for a baby who will probably die or the child's mother.

Death is never the best option. Particularly when someone else is making the decision for you.

Forum List

Back