Zone1 I haven't found many Churches (or "churches") that have much charity

I found ONE in all my life that lived up to what Jesus commanded (some members therein anyhow)

That's bad... only ONE

I have to say it was not a Sedevacantist Church, although there was / is some charity in the Sede Church I last went to.

Anyway... I know this one Sede who is likely very intelligent and is always picking apart the novus ordo.. Well, there's a lot to criticize there so I don't have a problem with THAT. But there seems to be something missing w/ this guy... I mean, he acts like no one can know Christ unless he or she has a theology / philosophy degree.. never actually said that but I found myself, rightly or wrongly, reading btwn the lines of some things he said.. He seemed annoyed with some of my questions.. (i probably was asking too many, but how many is too many? :rolleyes:)

Then there is the other extreme: people trying to always simplify Christ and His Church... to the point they just toss out what seems too "complicated" or too "ritualistic" or what have you...

sigh...

I really don't have a Church... You should pity me deeply... but I know you won't..
So, what do you believe Jesus Commanded? I find that most people are very one dimensional when it comes to the Savior and why he came to the earth and what is his purpose. His teaching was very multidimensional. Yes, he taught to feed the poor. Take care of the widows and the needy. But, he wasn't against the wealthy. He simply wants those who have a lot to simply be compassionate and help those in need. He knew that for the most part, the poor aren't going to be able to give enough of what they have to do much good in the world for the poor and needy. So, he wasn't there to ask every rich person to give up al they possess. In today's world, it's not as simple to develop a welfare system to help the poor and the needy. The Governments get in the way with much of their regulations. If they could tax churches in the U.S. they would and that would take away money to give to the poor as well as fund other missions they have as well.
See, you have to look at a Church and see how many missions they have that Jesus Christ also preached and set up as well. He said for his apostles and disciples to go to all people of the world and preach the Gospel. So, for many churches, missionary work is also important. The larger the Church, the more people they can reach. The more people, the more money and goods that can be given to help others with that are in need.
Yes, Christ also taught to take care of the members as well. Those that joined Him in his many sermons he fed and clothed many of them. Taking care of the flock is also important and part of the mission of His Church.
Then, in First Peter, chapter 3 starting with verse 18, he also opens up another area that only one Church I know of does anything about and that's salvation for the dead who didn't have an opportunity to know of the old law and the new law. He went to them in spirit prison who had died. And, we should also note that preaching and teaching the saints or members of the Church is also paramount.
So, I see at least a 4 fold mission of the Church:
1. Perfect the Saints
2. Proclaim the Gospel
3. Redeem the dead
4. Take care of the poor and the needy

So, what do you believe Jesus Commanded? I find that most people are very one dimensional when it comes to the Savior and why he came to the earth and what is his purpose. His teaching was very multidimensional. Yes, he taught to feed the poor. Take care of the widows and the needy. But, he wasn't against the wealthy. He simply wants those who have a lot to simply be compassionate and help those in need. He knew that for the most part, the poor aren't going to be able to give enough of what they have to do much good in the world for the poor and needy. So, he wasn't there to ask every rich person to give up al they possess. In today's world, it's not as simple to develop a welfare system to help the poor and the needy. The Governments get in the way with much of their regulations. If they could tax churches in the U.S. they would and that would take away money to give to the poor as well as fund other missions they have as well.
See, you have to look at a Church and see how many missions they have that Jesus Christ also preached and set up as well. He said for his apostles and disciples to go to all people of the world and preach the Gospel. So, for many churches, missionary work is also important. The larger the Church, the more people they can reach. The more people, the more money and goods that can be given to help others with that are in need.
Yes, Christ also taught to take care of the members as well. Those that joined Him in his many sermons he fed and clothed many of them. Taking care of the flock is also important and part of the mission of His Church.
Then, in First Peter, chapter 3 starting with verse 18, he also opens up another area that only one Church I know of does anything about and that's salvation for the dead who didn't have an opportunity to know of the old law and the new law. He went to them in spirit prison who had died. And, we should also note that preaching and teaching the saints or members of the Church is also paramount.
So, I see at least a 4 fold mission of the Church:
1. Perfect the Saints
2. Proclaim the Gospel
3. Redeem the dead
4. Take care of the poor and the needy

I agree w/ a lot of this but there is only ONE Church and that Church (not the Vatican, which is NOT the Catholic Church).. th real Catholic Church teaches something like this, namely that preaching the Gospel comes 1st (yet helping the poor is not really a 2nd thing but something u do alongside the Gospel spreading)

In any case, "you will know them by their fruits"

If a Christian like me can say that there was only a REAL charity thing going on in ONE Church... somethng is very wrong.

From what we’ve discussed over time the church you knew and are searching for again no longer exists throughout the world. At least not in an organized, brick and mortar congregational setting.

That’s why I’m suggesting to you that you need to find that congregation inside yourself, and be the church you’re seeking; because I don’t know that you’re ever going to be able to find a congregational setting that meets what you’re looking for.
already done that.. all Christians are called to do that... but Jesus knew better than any "human" (also God, though) who ever lived how weak and needy and messed up we are.. there's something in the Bk of Revelation that says something to that effect, how "you think you are wealthy and [?] doing well [or whatever it says] but you are poor and wretched and naked and blind.."

I know how poor and wretched and blind I am without HIS Church... I miss it terribly... and the deepest part of Hell is reserved for those who took it from Christ's people (IMO).

or maybe the deepest part is reserved for so called Catholics who allowed it to happen... yeh, that...

I agree w/ a lot of this but there is only ONE Church and that Church (not the Vatican, which is NOT the Catholic Church).. th real Catholic Church teaches something like this, namely that preaching the Gospel comes 1st (yet helping the poor is not really a 2nd thing but something u do alongside the Gospel spreading)

In any case, "you will know them by their fruits"

If a Christian like me can say that there was only a REAL charity thing going on in ONE Church... somethng is very wrong.
I would agree with your statement about charity. I sit on a board of ministers for our town's ministerial association. The number of churches that won't meet with us because they don't like something about each is staggering. It's like some are like Jehovah Witnesses that won't have anything to do with another church. We come together in a common good cause of concern and help for the poor, needy and homeless. We don't preach doctrines or ideology either. No need to. Like you wrote, we will know them by their fruits.

We differ in the one true Gospel taught by only one church. It's either the continuation of the Church from ancient times or the restoration of the church in these latter days due to apostasy. Now, restoration is different than separation. Separation is a group who believe the mother church has gone astray, which ever the mother church is. Restoration is when the word of God no longer can be properly taught and administered properly with authority and all works cease. Then, the Lord opens up the heavens again and reveals Himself again through prophets and apostles whom He has to call again to get things started properly with proper priesthood authority. If it was a continuation from Peter through the RCC, and now the RCC has ceased to receive authority for anything, then a restoration would have to happen, not a separation. So, do you have a prophet of God whom the Lord reveals His gospel to only? My Church does.

do you have a prophet of God whom the Lord reveals His gospel to only? My Church does.

The pope, the real one (not the one in the Vatican, which again is not Catholic except in appearances but we know all about appearances, don't we?)

is a prophet and also those who speak for God through Christ's Church, which means they will never speak heresy, yet only the pope (Peter being the first of them) is protected by the charism of infallibility.

That's how you know Francis is a heretic... No REAL pope would say the things he does... He is obviously, just obviously not Catholic, not Christian of any kind

I don't mean to judge him, I am just saying that the things he says are NOT Christian, not what Jesus taught

The pope, the real one (not the one in the Vatican, which again is not Catholic except in appearances but we know all about appearances, don't we?)

is a prophet and also those who speak for God through Christ's Church, which means they will never speak heresy, yet only the pope (Peter being the first of them) is protected by the charism of infallibility.

That's how you know Francis is a heretic... No REAL pope would say the things he does... He is obviously, just obviously not Catholic, not Christian of any kind

I don't mean to judge him, I am just saying that the things he says are NOT Christian, not what Jesus taught
So, what is the name of this “real pope?” What church does he lead? Is it a restored Church or a separated Church. Huge difference.

So, what is the name of this “real pope?” What church does he lead? Is it a restored Church or a separated Church. Huge difference.

At this time, I don't even think the folks at novusordowatch.org know who should be the real pope... Maybe they should spend some time speculating on that instead of always telling us what Francis is doing that is so hideous... as if we want to hear hideous all the time... I couldn't care less what Francis says anymore.. I learned a long time ago, he is a heretic and NOT the rightful pope... kind of like Potato isn't the rightful president.. funny how the secular and the sacred have "dovetailed" in these times...

Our church big time supports several local charities including the county food bank.

It also helps church members that have a difficult time.

It also helps support an orphanage.

However, if you are a non member that ask the church to give you a new engine for your car they will probably direct you elsewhere.

Our church big time supports several local charities including the county food bank.

It also helps church members that have a difficult time.

It also helps support an orphanage.

However, if you are a non member that ask the church to give you a new engine for your car they will probably direct you elsewhere.
well, I shouldn't have said that only one church was charitable

I've seen others.. from a distance.. but yrs ago when I needed assistance... I went to a church and the sign on the door said it all

something about if you are an illegal, we will help.. they were closed or.. in some way made it clear they couldn't help others

At this time, I don't even think the folks at novusordowatch.org know who should be the real pope... Maybe they should spend some time speculating on that instead of always telling us what Francis is doing that is so hideous... as if we want to hear hideous all the time... I couldn't care less what Francis says anymore.. I learned a long time ago, he is a heretic and NOT the rightful pope... kind of like Potato isn't the rightful president.. funny how the secular and the sacred have "dovetailed" in these times...
Well, if there is no Pope. And, you think a Pope is a prophet (which all Popes of the past said they aren't) then there is no communication from God to man and we are in a full state of apostasy still. Of course, I don't believe we are because I believe the heavens opened back up in 1820 to the Prophet Joseph Smith. And, the Lord has called new prophets as they pass on and do so in an orderly manner. The President or Senior member of the 12 Apostles of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints becomes the new Prophet. As it was with Peter, James then John.

The Roman Catholic Church is the single most charitable organization on Earth and no other single organization comes close.

The Roman Catholic Church is the single most charitable organization on Earth and no other single organization comes close.
used to be. I don't trust what passes for "the Cahtolic Church" these days. Everything changed for the worst in 1958 and (not surprisingly) continues to get exponentially worse.

Therefore, God alone knows what your money that you donate goes for

I found ONE in all my life that lived up to what Jesus commanded (some members therein anyhow)

That's bad... only ONE

I have to say it was not a Sedevacantist Church, although there was / is some charity in the Sede Church I last went to.

Anyway... I know this one Sede who is likely very intelligent and is always picking apart the novus ordo.. Well, there's a lot to criticize there so I don't have a problem with THAT. But there seems to be something missing w/ this guy... I mean, he acts like no one can know Christ unless he or she has a theology / philosophy degree.. never actually said that but I found myself, rightly or wrongly, reading btwn the lines of some things he said.. He seemed annoyed with some of my questions.. (i probably was asking too many, but how many is too many? :rolleyes:)

Then there is the other extreme: people trying to always simplify Christ and His Church... to the point they just toss out what seems too "complicated" or too "ritualistic" or what have you...

sigh...

I really don't have a Church... You should pity me deeply... but I know you won't..
How do you know what different members of any church are doing, or not doing, as we are commanded to make "Sacrifices"...silently without boasting (Heb. 13:16). There is no command for the church/kingdom to publically feed the poor, in fact Jesus Chastised the Jewish leadership of His day for bragging about such matters in public (Matthew 23)

Jesus purpose on earth was not to "feed the poor"........as Jesus declared, "You will always have the poor among you.." -- John 12:8 There is no command in the Holy Scriptures from Jesus stating that poverty must be eliminated...as its not possible according to Jesus. There is no command to support the poor in general.....though there is a command to support members of the brotherhood/church who are in need.

The care of the poor is not a church/kingdom mission. The care of the poor is left up to the individual, not the collective. We are to visit the widows and orphans that might be afflicted with problems ranging from poverty to illness (James 1:27).
Do good as you (the individual) have the opportunity. (Gal. 6:9-10) Have compassion (empathy) for those afflicted (Luke 10:25-37)........compassion means taking action to change the situation, not just talk....sympathy.

God demands a "sacrifice"......in silence, not broadcasting to the world that you are doing this, or doing that to help someone....this is what separated the sheep from the goats (Matthew 25:31-36, Hebrews 13:16).

As long as free will exists, poverty will exist. Poverty is caused by different circumstances, incapacity due to some natural event such as injury or illness (which can't be controlled by any church or church member), sometimes poverty exists because of the poor life decisions made by those who find themselves impoverished....they are poor by "choice".

You declare that no church is stepping up to the plate to help eliminate poverty? The US Government has spent some 22 Trillion dollars on its supposed war on poverty since the 1960s........the poverty index, according to US government sources, has not moved. Why? Poverty can't be legislated away as long as the laws of physics and free will exist.

Jesus declares just what His purpose on earth was, Jesus purpose on earth was to teach TRUTH from HEAVEN. (John 18:37). His service to the poor was to teach the Gospel Truth (Luke 7:22)

When crowds of people followed Him after the miracle of the fish and loaves ...where He feed over 5000 people, Jesus turned them away and verbally chastised them. Jesus stated His mission was to feed the human soul in order to provide eternal fellowship with the Father.........not feed the flesh. He declared they followed Him, not because of His words of wisdom from heaven, but because they had their stomachs filled, and they needed to feed their spirits instead of their flesh, which will perish. (John 6:26-27)

Thus the purpose of the church/kingdom of God.............is to evangelize the Gospel truth around the world, not attempt to eliminate poverty. "Go ye therefore, and TEACH ALL NATIONS.............." -- Matthew 28:19

used to be. I don't trust what passes for "the Cahtolic Church" these days. Everything changed for the worst in 1958 and (not surprisingly) continues to get exponentially worse.

Therefore, God alone knows what your money that you donate goes for
As of 2014: The Catholic Church runs 71,188 non profit kindergartens, 95,246 non profit primary schools and 43,783 non profit secondary schools.

The Catholic Church runs 115,352 non profit (charity) healthcare centers worldwide.

Taken from Quora:

"...hundreds of thousands of charities - food banks, clothing banks, housing, hospitals, schools, universities, outreach, childcare, legal services, counseling, job training, emergency assistance and dozens of other services. All provided to anyone in need, regardless of their religious beliefs, ethnicity, nationality, race or any other basis and without pressure to become Catholic or believe in anything. They're able to do this because of very large and devoted groups of volunteers and staff who work for little to no money. All of the religious orders have a focus - some become teachers, others go into medicine, others do counseling, farming, spiritual guidance, tutoring, etc. Staff work for low wages but are dedicated to their jobs. Diocesan priests dedicate their entire lives to serving parish after parish, moving every 2-3 years to wherever they're told to go until they get done “seniority” and get 6 year at a time renewable contracts. They make low wages but live simply too. Order priests live together and often run schools, fill in for Diocesan priests when needed or provide medical & legal clinics in the community.

The key is the ability to be organized. The Catholic Church is the same in Denver, Colorado as it is in Waverly, Ohio as it is in Lund, Sweden or Kranj, Slovenia - the same beliefs, rituals and mindsets and goals. Groups of like minded people with a common goal and purpose who are willing to work hard, forgive easily and share generously can do amazing things."

A very large portion of all social services in the U.S. are also provided by the Catholic Church, lessening the burden on the U.S. Government/Society.

But the truth is that the Catholic Church rarely, if ever, boasts about its charities because it's a religious organization which is devoted to helping others. I had to look up several sources to determine the amount of charities the Church is responsible for and even the sources didn't have exact numbers/% because the Church's charities are so incredibly vast, encompassing the entire world.

show evidence of this
Show evidence that Popes claim to be prophets. Just one is fine.
Who is a prophet according to the Catholic Church? The term "prophet" applies to those who receive public or private revelation. Public revelation, in Catholicism, is part of the Deposit of faith, the revelation of which was completed by Jesus; whereas private revelation does not add to the Deposit. So no, a Pope cannot claim to be a present day Prophet past Jesus Christ's resurrection. You can check this out as well: What Popes Are Not

How do you know what different members of any church are doing, or not doing, as we are commanded to make "Sacrifices"...silently without boasting (Heb. 13:16). There is no command for the church/kingdom to publically feed the poor, in fact Jesus Chastised the Jewish leadership of His day for bragging about such matters in public (Matthew 23)

Jesus purpose on earth was not to "feed the poor"........as Jesus declared, "You will always have the poor among you.." -- John 12:8 There is no command in the Holy Scriptures from Jesus stating that poverty must be eliminated...as its not possible according to Jesus. There is no command to support the poor in general.....though there is a command to support members of the brotherhood/church who are in need.

The care of the poor is not a church/kingdom mission. The care of the poor is left up to the individual, not the collective. We are to visit the widows and orphans that might be afflicted with problems ranging from poverty to illness (James 1:27).
Do good as you (the individual) have the opportunity. (Gal. 6:9-10) Have compassion (empathy) for those afflicted (Luke 10:25-37)........compassion means taking action to change the situation, not just talk....sympathy.

God demands a "sacrifice"......in silence, not broadcasting to the world that you are doing this, or doing that to help someone....this is what separated the sheep from the goats (Matthew 25:31-36, Hebrews 13:16).

As long as free will exists, poverty will exist. Poverty is caused by different circumstances, incapacity due to some natural event such as injury or illness (which can't be controlled by any church or church member), sometimes poverty exists because of the poor life decisions made by those who find themselves impoverished....they are poor by "choice".

You declare that no church is stepping up to the plate to help eliminate poverty? The US Government has spent some 22 Trillion dollars on its supposed war on poverty since the 1960s........the poverty index, according to US government sources, has not moved. Why? Poverty can't be legislated away as long as the laws of physics and free will exist.

Jesus declares just what His purpose on earth was, Jesus purpose on earth was to teach TRUTH from HEAVEN. (John 18:37). His service to the poor was to teach the Gospel Truth (Luke 7:22)

When crowds of people followed Him after the miracle of the fish and loaves ...where He feed over 5000 people, Jesus turned them away and verbally chastised them. Jesus stated His mission was to feed the human soul in order to provide eternal fellowship with the Father.........not feed the flesh. He declared they followed Him, not because of His words of wisdom from heaven, but because they had their stomachs filled, and they needed to feed their spirits instead of their flesh, which will perish. (John 6:26-27)

Thus the purpose of the church/kingdom of God.............is to evangelize the Gospel truth around the world, not attempt to eliminate poverty. "Go ye therefore, and TEACH ALL NATIONS.............." -- Matthew 28:19
Matthew 22:34-40

34 Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35 One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: 36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself. 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Spreading the Word of God around the world is ONE way of showing your Love of God (With your mind).

But Jesus stated that we are to Love God with All our hearts and souls as well. How do we do that? God tells us how in Isaiah 58:3-12:

“Yet on the day of your fasting, you do as you please
and exploit all your workers.
4 Your fasting ends in quarreling and strife,
and in striking each other with wicked fists.
You cannot fast as you do today
and expect your voice to be heard on high.
5 Is this the kind of fast I have chosen,
only a day for people to humble themselves?
Is it only for bowing one’s head like a reed
and for lying in sackcloth and ashes?
Is that what you call a fast,
a day acceptable to the Lord?
6 “Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen:
to loose the chains of injustice
and untie the cords of the yoke,
to set the oppressed free
and break every yoke?
7 Is it not to share your food with the hungry
and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter—
when you see the naked, to clothe them,

and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?
8 Then your light will break forth like the dawn,
and your healing will quickly appear;
then your righteousness[a] will go before you,
and the glory of the Lord will be your rear guard.
9 Then you will call, and the Lord will answer;
you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I.
“If you do away with the yoke of oppression,
with the pointing finger and malicious talk,
10 and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry
and satisfy the needs of the oppressed,
then your light will rise in the darkness,
and your night will become like the noonday.

11 The Lord will guide you always;
he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land
and will strengthen your frame.
You will be like a well-watered garden,
like a spring whose waters never fail.
12 Your people will rebuild the ancient ruins
and will raise up the age-old foundations;
you will be called Repairer of Broken Walls,
Restorer of Streets with Dwellings

By helping others, we Glorify God's will on Earth, as spoken through the Prophet Isaiah. When we Glorify God through charitable work (our hearts) our "Light will rise in the darkness" (Loving God with all our souls). Loving God is threefold - heart, mind and soul.

"Love your Neighbor as Yourself" was emphasized by Jesus in the Gospel of Matthew and taken from the Book of Leviticus 19:

15 “‘Do not pervert justice; do not show partiality to the poor or favoritism to the great, but judge your neighbor fairly.

16 “‘Do not go about spreading slander among your people.

“‘Do not do anything that endangers your neighbor’s life. I am the Lord.

17 “‘Do not hate a fellow Israelite in your heart. Rebuke your neighbor frankly so you will not share in their guilt.

18 “‘Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord.

Luke 17:

20 Once, on being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, “The coming of the kingdom of God is not something that can be observed, 21 nor will people say, ‘Here it is,’ or ‘There it is,’ because the kingdom of God is in your midst.”

How is it "in our midst"?

Isaiah 65:23:

They will not labor in vain,
nor will they bear children doomed to misfortune;
for they will be a people blessed by the Lord,
they and their descendants with them.
24 Before they call I will answer;
while they are still speaking I will hear.
25 The wolf and the lamb will feed together,
and the lion will eat straw like the ox,
and dust will be the serpent’s food.
They will neither harm nor destroy
on all my holy mountain,”

says the Lord.

By following Jesus' two main teachings: Loving God with all our hearts (charitable work/sacrifice/prayer) with all our minds (spreading the word and truly understanding it ourselves) and with all our souls (Glorifying God by faith, prayer and works AND Loving our Neighbor As Ourselves, we "begin" to witness/enter God's Kingdom through the teachings/ways/path/love of Jesus Christ.

"We do not labor in vain" when we do charitable works because as God promised in Isaiah, when we do charitable works, "Your light will rise in darkness and your night will become like noon day". And how will "The Wolf and the lamb feed together?" By "Loving Our Neighbors As Ourselves"- because "They will neither harm nor destroy on God's Holy Mountain".

John 3:
"16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God."

How do we "believe in God's Son"? By believing his two "main teachings" that we are to love God with all our hearts (faith, prayer, charitable/good works), all of our minds, (Spreading the word and understanding it) and all of our souls (Which will be be brought out of darkness into the light, through Jesus Christ (Believing in him, his teachings and living accordingly).

As we live by the truth, we are "Born into the Spirit of truth" and "What we do (our deeds, good works) will be done in the sight of God." because we have begun to enter into the Kingdom of God - through faith in Jesus Christ AND his teachings AND his/our works. The Kingdom of God "is in our midst". Those living in darkness "do not see it" because "they do not come into the light for fear that their deeds may be exposed."

Show evidence that Popes claim to be prophets. Just one is fine.
Who is a prophet according to the Catholic Church? The term "prophet" applies to those who receive public or private revelation. Public revelation, in Catholicism, is part of the Deposit of faith, the revelation of which was completed by Jesus; whereas private revelation does not add to the Deposit. So no, a Pope cannot claim to be a present day Prophet past Jesus Christ's resurrection. You can check this out as well: What Popes Are Not

I've had problems w/ Catholic Answers and besides they are novus ordo and I am definitely NOT.

In any case, mormons are stuck on the prophet thing. Catholics are stuck on Jesus. . or should be. IF mormons were more into Jesus, it seems they wouldn't push the marriage thing. They pressure young peple to be married by .. what, age 30? I didn't really mature spiritually until much older.... (didn't have a good base in childhood.. etc... )

People should get married if they think/believe/know God wants them to... not bc some human pressures them for who knows what reason

Matthew 22:34-40

34 Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35 One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: 36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself. 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Spreading the Word of God around the world is ONE way of showing your Love of God (With your mind).

But Jesus stated that we are to Love God with All our hearts and souls as well. How do we do that? God tells us how in Isaiah 58:3-12:

“Yet on the day of your fasting, you do as you please
and exploit all your workers.
4 Your fasting ends in quarreling and strife,
and in striking each other with wicked fists.
You cannot fast as you do today
and expect your voice to be heard on high.
5 Is this the kind of fast I have chosen,
only a day for people to humble themselves?
Is it only for bowing one’s head like a reed
and for lying in sackcloth and ashes?
Is that what you call a fast,
a day acceptable to the Lord?
6 “Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen:
to loose the chains of injustice
and untie the cords of the yoke,
to set the oppressed free
and break every yoke?
7 Is it not to share your food with the hungry
and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter—
when you see the naked, to clothe them,

and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?
8 Then your light will break forth like the dawn,
and your healing will quickly appear;
then your righteousness[a] will go before you,
and the glory of the Lord will be your rear guard.
9 Then you will call, and the Lord will answer;
you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I.
“If you do away with the yoke of oppression,
with the pointing finger and malicious talk,
10 and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry
and satisfy the needs of the oppressed,
then your light will rise in the darkness,

and your night will become like the noonday.
11 The Lord will guide you always;
he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land
and will strengthen your frame.
You will be like a well-watered garden,
like a spring whose waters never fail.
12 Your people will rebuild the ancient ruins
and will raise up the age-old foundations;
you will be called Repairer of Broken Walls,
Restorer of Streets with Dwellings

By helping others, we Glorify God's will on Earth, as spoken through the Prophet Isaiah. When we Glorify God through charitable work (our hearts) our "Light will rise in the darkness" (Loving God with all our souls). Loving God is threefold - heart, mind and soul.

"Love your Neighbor as Yourself" was emphasized by Jesus in the Gospel of Matthew and taken from the Book of Leviticus 19:

15 “‘Do not pervert justice; do not show partiality to the poor or favoritism to the great, but judge your neighbor fairly.

16 “‘Do not go about spreading slander among your people.

“‘Do not do anything that endangers your neighbor’s life. I am the Lord.

17 “‘Do not hate a fellow Israelite in your heart. Rebuke your neighbor frankly so you will not share in their guilt.

18 “‘Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord.

Luke 17:

20 Once, on being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, “The coming of the kingdom of God is not something that can be observed, 21 nor will people say, ‘Here it is,’ or ‘There it is,’ because the kingdom of God is in your midst.”

How is it "in our midst"?

so, everyone, it even says in Isaiah 58 (long b4 Jesus came along) to help those less fortunate

someone here at the forums said we were never told to do that..!

um.. yeh, right. Why would Jesus multiply the loaves and fishes?

parable of the Good Samaritan

mt 25:31..... etc

Forum List

Back