I realize Trump has a hard on for Bezos and the WP, but seriously ... Amazon?

I wonder if Trump realizes how much Amazon drives the US economy?

Or.................as another person put it on the news, when was the last time YOU bought something from Amazon, and how much stuff have you bought lately?

Funny how this new found sense of free markets emerged only when Trump took office and it will disappear just as quickly when he leaves office

I guess you think they should be more like you and be consistently anti-free market all the time.

There is plenty of reasonable concern about what Amazon is doing to the retail space. The fact is, it's causing significant damage, and we have to decide if or when enough is enough. That's a terribly tough call and requires some careful analysis and discussion.

But having Trump jump in with his standard bombastic, ham-handed rhetorical hand grenades does far more damage to the discussion than good.

Holy crap, look at me. I said "requires some careful analysis and discussion". We lost those skills a while back.

There is plenty of reasonable concern about what Amazon is doing to the retail space. The fact is, it's causing significant damage, and we have to decide if or when enough is enough. That's a terribly tough call and requires some careful analysis and discussion.

But having Trump jump in with his standard bombastic, ham-handed rhetorical hand grenades does far more damage to the discussion than good.

Holy crap, look at me. I said "requires some careful analysis and discussion". We lost those skills a while back.

Amazon is not causing damage, Amazon is driving change. Change always has pain involved, all those folks that used to make buggies and wagons were pretty upset about the "horseless carriage". Henry Ford single handedly put an end to the buggy whip industry. Yet somehow our country survived and moved on.

Amazon has a 4% share of the total retail market in the US.

Amazon is not causing damage, Amazon is driving change. Change always has pain involved, all those folks that used to make buggies and wagons were pretty upset about the "horseless carriage". Henry Ford single handedly put an end to the buggy whip industry. Yet somehow our country survived and moved on.

We agree that change involves pain. What neither of us knows is how much pain this will ultimately inflict, or what the ripple effects will be.

So we choose to either manage the pain, or we just react later.

I can tell you that, in the financial profession, there is much concern.

Amazon is like every Lefty I know. They want all the goods and services, and privileges that go with being in America, but they just don't want to pay for them.
Now you're complaining that the rich don't pay their fair share right after Trump gave rich people a massive tax cut. Do you get the irony at least?

I wonder if Trump realizes how much Amazon drives the US economy?

Or.................as another person put it on the news, when was the last time YOU bought something from Amazon, and how much stuff have you bought lately?

Funny how this new found sense of free markets emerged only when Trump took office and it will disappear just as quickly when he leaves office

I guess you think they should be more like you and be consistently anti-free market all the time.

yeah. Somebody has to collect the stuff for an online order, box it, mail it, deliver it. Even computerized stuff like collecting local sales tax has a human element. What's lost is local real estate and check out jobs ... and driving someplace and wasting time.

The problem is that while gnp continues to grow, incomes have not. Blaming individuals or individual companies for the technological revolution is a game for ....wait for it .... LOSERS.

You want me to say the people of Amazon are getting rich off of not paying workers .... well, look who just gave them two UUUUGGE tax cuts.

Amazon is too big something needs to be done

Another communist rides in on his horse. Why do you people have success so much? Why do you want to penalize those that create business models that work?

Perhaps a country like Russia or China would be more suited to your taste

I stand with the President.....if he thinks something should be done so be it

As I said, perhaps a country like Russia or China would be more suited to your taste. In those countries loyalty to the leader over the country is rewarded.

Here in the US we support the country before the leader.

Sorry I wanted a leader and got a damn good one too

Putin is a damn good one also, plus over there they support the Govt controlling the economy and people being loyal to the leader instead of the country

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Wrong. Russian is run really by a bunch of old white haired old guys in the back ground. If Putin were to to anything to jeopardize those people he would be replaced in a seconds notice. The USA really isn't that different. In the back ground, we also have a bunch of white haired old white guys that call the shots. The only real difference is, we have more freedoms in hopes that we won't notice it.

Donald Trump lied about Amazon not collecting sales tax & lied that they are somehow costing the USPS money. He called the USPS Amazon's delivery boy.

So, isn't delivery the job description for the USPS ?

They make money from delivering for Amazon.

Who delivers the imported shit that Trump sells? Does he collect sales tax?

Why is Trump such an asshole?

I'm going to shout to you.
View attachment 185730

Facts are the darnedest things to deal with...
Amazon does not collect sales taxes from Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire, and Oregon, since those states do not have state sales taxes.

Additionally, approximately half of all Amazon.com purchases are sold on the Amazon Marketplace through 3rd-party vendors, and these purchases remain free of tax except for in Washington state, where these purchases (starting in 2018) are now taxed.[3] [4]

Amazon tax - Wikipedia

In 2016, Amazon generated 22.99 billion U.S. dollars in third-party seller service revenues, up from 16.09 billion U.S. dollars in the previous year
Amazon: third-party seller share 2017 | Statistic

What this means is 23 billion in sales by Amazon didn't require a sales tax.
Now I'm going to shout!

DO YOU REALIZE THAT THE CUSTOMERS THAT BUY GOODS AND SERVICES SOLD BY YOUR LOCAL BUSINESS THAT ARE EXACTLY THE SAME AS SOLD AS AMAZON HAVE TO PAY A SALES TAX TO THEIR STATE?

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THIS MEANS THE SHOPPER AT THE LOCAL BUSINESS PAYS MORE THAN THE AMAZON SHOPPER BECAUSE AMAZON DOESN'T HAVE TO COLLECT STATE SALES TAXES?

This means the local business has to compete unfairly with Amazon and consequently............

Is Amazon Killing Small Businesses?
Many businesses see customers come into their stores to learn, and then they make their purchases online via Amazon or other online retailers. The online retailers don’t have the overhead of a brick and mortar store. For one of the products, David mentioned that I can purchase it on Amazon for less than he can purchase it. Of course, in his local market, his Yelp reviews show how much his customers love his store and appreciate his value. If he was local to me, I’d happily pay a premium for their high level of service and expertise.

So Trump being the "asshole" is telling Amazon that they'd better be competing fairly as the wrath of the middle America will soon descend.
And Amazon already has felt that wrath!
AMAZON STOCK MARKET VALUE DROPS BY $5B AFTER SINGLE TWEET BY TRUMP

Amazon stock falls after Trump tweets about the company in long-running feud with its CEO

Wow, you are a loud dumbass.

• Amazon does collect state sales taxes on products it sells directly in all 45 states that have a state sales tax.
  • But the company still doesn't collect state sales taxes for its "third-party" platform sellers in most of the country.
  • Some states have passed laws requiring online marketplaces to collect sales taxes on behalf of third-party sellers. On April 1, Pennsylvania will become the second state, after Washington, where Amazon is instituting Marketplace Tax Collection for third-party sellers.
You fucking idiots don't even know how Amazon operators.

Where are facts? Are we suppose to believe someone who can't even spell? "Amazon operators"??? You meant "operates"! Dummy!

Look, dickbrreath, why the fuck don't you get off your fast ass & look up shit.

All you whiny fucking Trumpettes do is cry about links & sources. You would know the facts if your head was not stuck so far up Trump's ass & listened to something besides Fox News & Rush Limbaugh.

Then You assholes are too fucking stupids to get the that theTrump Store ships via USPS & their site doesn't always collect sales ta,.

'

Looking for a diversion from the women and Mueller, President Gropes-A-Lot has decided to take on Amazon, the greatest retailer in the history of our country. Amazon gives us very reasonable and fair prices, not like most local retailers who love to sock it to you. They have a tremendous inventory of product, not like the local retailer who limits choices. And, they deliver quickly and have a very liberal return policy. They charge state sales tax on their sales and benefit the Postal Service by giving them a bunch of business.

What's not to love? Of course their owner, not Amazon itself, also owns the Washington Post, a publication that routinely points out the sins and errors of the Groper's administration.

But, if you're looking for a diversion, what better way than to take on America's greatest retailer? Bigly!!!

Indeed.

Amazon is my first choice as a consumer.

I agree that WaPo publishes fake news but DJT is going to have to grin and bear it - or continue tweeting which is his right.

Donald Trump lied about Amazon not collecting sales tax & lied that they are somehow costing the USPS money. He called the USPS Amazon's delivery boy.

So, isn't delivery the job description for the USPS ?

They make money from delivering for Amazon.

Who delivers the imported shit that Trump sells? Does he collect sales tax?

Why is Trump such an asshole?

I'm going to shout to you.
View attachment 185730

Amazon does not collect sales taxes from Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire, and Oregon, since those states do not have state sales taxes.

Additionally, approximately half of all Amazon.com purchases are sold on the Amazon Marketplace through 3rd-party vendors, and these purchases remain free of tax except for in Washington state, where these purchases (starting in 2018) are now taxed.[3] [4]

Amazon tax - Wikipedia

In 2016, Amazon generated 22.99 billion U.S. dollars in third-party seller service revenues, up from 16.09 billion U.S. dollars in the previous year

Now I'm going to shout!

DO YOU REALIZE THAT THE CUSTOMERS THAT BUY GOODS AND SERVICES SOLD BY YOUR LOCAL BUSINESS THAT ARE EXACTLY THE SAME AS SOLD AS AMAZON HAVE TO PAY A SALES TAX TO THEIR STATE?

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THIS MEANS THE SHOPPER AT THE LOCAL BUSINESS PAYS MORE THAN THE AMAZON SHOPPER BECAUSE AMAZON DOESN'T HAVE TO COLLECT STATE SALES TAXES?

This means the local business has to compete unfairly with Amazon and consequently............

Many businesses see customers come into their stores to learn, and then they make their purchases online via Amazon or other online retailers. The online retailers don’t have the overhead of a brick and mortar store. For one of the products, David mentioned that I can purchase it on Amazon for less than he can purchase it. Of course, in his local market, his Yelp reviews show how much his customers love his store and appreciate his value. If he was local to me, I’d happily pay a premium for their high level of service and expertise.

So Trump being the "asshole" is telling Amazon that they'd better be competing fairly as the wrath of the middle America will soon descend.
And Amazon already has felt that wrath!
AMAZON STOCK MARKET VALUE DROPS BY $5B AFTER SINGLE TWEET BY TRUMP

Amazon stock falls after Trump tweets about the company in long-running feud with its CEO

Wow, you are a loud dumbass.

• Amazon does collect state sales taxes on products it sells directly in all 45 states that have a state sales tax.
  • But the company still doesn't collect state sales taxes for its "third-party" platform sellers in most of the country.
  • Some states have passed laws requiring online marketplaces to collect sales taxes on behalf of third-party sellers. On April 1, Pennsylvania will become the second state, after Washington, where Amazon is instituting Marketplace Tax Collection for third-party sellers.
You fucking idiots don't even know how Amazon operators.

Where are facts? Are we suppose to believe someone who can't even spell? "Amazon operators"??? You meant "operates"! Dummy!

Look, dickbrreath, why the fuck don't you get off your fast ass & look up shit.

All you whiny fucking Trumpettes do is cry about links & sources. You would know the facts if your head was not stuck so far up Trump's ass & listened to something besides Fox News & Rush Limbaugh.

Then You assholes are too fucking stupids to get the that theTrump Store ships via USPS & their site doesn't always collect sales ta,.

'

I DID!!! YOU haven't and you are accusing ME????

Amazon tax - Wikipedia

Now I'm going to shout!

yeah. Somebody has to collect the stuff for an online order, box it, mail it, deliver it. Even computerized stuff like collecting local sales tax has a human element. What's lost is local real estate and check out jobs ... and driving someplace and wasting time.

The problem is that while gnp continues to grow, incomes have not. Blaming individuals or individual companies for the technological revolution is a game for ....wait for it .... LOSERS.

You want me to say the people of Amazon are getting rich off of not paying workers .... well, look who just gave them two UUUUGGE tax cuts.
You got it, huge tax cuts, but not for Amazon
dqdmifc1wqp01.jpg

dqdmifc1wqp01.jpg

You are such a dummy as are those people that don't understand the issue Trump is raising!
A) Where are you facts, links, substantiations?

B) Amazon does not collect sales taxes from Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire, and Oregon, since those states do not have state sales taxes.
Additionally, approximately half of all Amazon.com purchases are sold on the Amazon Marketplace through 3rd-party vendors, and these purchases remain free of tax
except for in Washington state, where these purchases (starting in 2018) are now taxed.[3] [4]
Amazon tax - Wikipedia

C) In 2016, Amazon generated 22.99 billion U.S. dollars in third-party seller service revenues, up from 16.09 billion U.S. dollars in the previous year
What this means is $23 billion in sales by Amazon didn't require a sales tax.

Now I'm going to shout!
DO YOU REALIZE THAT THE CUSTOMERS THAT BUY GOODS AND SERVICES SOLD BY YOUR LOCAL BUSINESS
THAT ARE EXACTLY THE SAME AS SOLD AS AMAZON HAVE TO PAY A SALES TAX TO THEIR STATE? YOUR LOCAL BUSINESS HAS TO PAY...AMAZON DOESN'T!

Many businesses see customers come into their stores to learn, and then they make their purchases online via Amazon or other online retailers.
The online retailers don’t have the overhead of a brick and mortar store.
For one of the products, David mentioned that I can purchase it on Amazon for less than he can purchase it.
Of course, in his local market, his Yelp reviews show how much his customers love his store and appreciate his value.
If he was local to me, I’d happily pay a premium for their high level of service and expertise.

dqdmifc1wqp01.jpg

You are such a dummy as are those people that don't understand the issue Trump is raising!

B) Amazon does not collect sales taxes from Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire, and Oregon, since those states do not have state sales taxes.
Additionally, approximately half of all Amazon.com purchases are sold on the Amazon Marketplace through 3rd-party vendors, and these purchases remain free of tax
except for in Washington state, where these purchases (starting in 2018) are now taxed.[3] [4]
Amazon tax - Wikipedia

C) In 2016, Amazon generated 22.99 billion U.S. dollars in third-party seller service revenues, up from 16.09 billion U.S. dollars in the previous year
What this means is $23 billion in sales by Amazon didn't require a sales tax.

Now I'm going to shout!
DO YOU REALIZE THAT THE CUSTOMERS THAT BUY GOODS AND SERVICES SOLD BY YOUR LOCAL BUSINESS
THAT ARE EXACTLY THE SAME AS SOLD AS AMAZON HAVE TO PAY A SALES TAX TO THEIR STATE? YOUR LOCAL BUSINESS HAS TO PAY...AMAZON DOESN'T!

Many businesses see customers come into their stores to learn, and then they make their purchases online via Amazon or other online retailers.
For one of the products, David mentioned that I can purchase it on Amazon for less than he can purchase it.
Of course, in his local market, his Yelp reviews show how much his customers love his store and appreciate his value.
If he was local to me, I’d happily pay a premium for their high level of service and expertise.
Remember when conservatives were pro-free-markets? Pepperidge farm remebers
u077ndlzhpo01.jpg

Why do you keep bringing up this "fact"? Obviously no retailer in Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire, or Oregon collect sales taxes, since those states do not have sales tax. If nobody does, why does it matter to you so much that Amazon does not?

Just admit it, you hate winning, prosperous companies and you want the Govt to punish them for being successful.

Why do you keep bringing up this "fact"? Obviously no retailer in Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire, or Oregon collect sales taxes, since those states do not have sales tax. If nobody does, why does it matter to you so much that Amazon does not?

Just admit it, you hate winning, prosperous companies and you want the Govt to punish them for being successful.
Geez are a dumb f...k!
AGAIN... READ THE FACTS!!!

Additionally, approximately half of all Amazon.com purchases are sold on the Amazon Marketplace through 3rd-party vendors,
and these purchases remain free of tax except for in Washington state, where these purchases (starting in 2018) are now taxed.[3] [4]
Amazon tax - Wikipedia

OK SHOUTING NOW
What this means is $23 billion in sales by Amazon didn't require a sales tax!!!!!!!.

This means $23 billion a year that small businesses would have had to pay taxes on
but because people can buy without paying taxes through Amazon... small businesses going out
of business!!!

Geez are a dumb f...k!
AGAIN... READ THE FACTS!!!

Additionally, approximately half of all Amazon.com purchases are sold on the Amazon Marketplace through 3rd-party vendors,
and these purchases remain free of tax except for in Washington state, where these purchases (starting in 2018) are now taxed.[3] [4]
Amazon tax - Wikipedia

OK SHOUTING NOW
What this means is $23 billion in sales by Amazon didn't require a sales tax!!!!!!!.

This means $23 billion a year that small businesses would have had to pay taxes on
but because people can buy without paying taxes through Amazon... small businesses going out
of business!!!

Putting aside the fact that Trump himself bragged during a presidential debate with Hillary Clinton that not paying federal taxes "makes me smart," it's doubtful that taxes, competition, or your local post office are the real reasons why Trump is on Amazon's case.

Trump loathes Amazon because he conflates the company with the Washington Post. Bezos owns the Post and founded Amazon, but Amazon doesn't own the Post; Bezos purchased it himself for $250 million in 2013. Amazon is just a useful straw man for a president ticked off by the stellar reporting the Post has done over the last few years on the White House, public policy and Special Counsel Robert Mueller's investigation of Trump's ties to Russia. As the New York Times reported Tuesday, citing people close to Trump, "critical articles in the Post often trigger his public musings about Amazon."

Trump first went on a Twitter rant against Amazon and the Post in December 2015, when the Post was reporting, among other things, that Trump wanted to ban Muslim immigrants from entering the U.S. and that his rationale for doing so was based "on a very shoddy poll."

Trump escalates attack on Amazon, focusing on tax, shipping

"U.S. President Donald Trump accused Amazon.com Inc :)AMZN.O) on Thursday of not paying enough tax, taking advantage of the U.S. postal system and putting small retailers out of business,"

Yes, a guy who potentially gained $880 million from New York in tax breaks criticizes Amazon for doing the same thing. Trump paid to play in this too, we'd call it corruption but it seems perfectly okay in the US.

A Trump Empire Built on Inside Connections and $885 Million in Tax Breaks

Don't get me wrong, the US system is corrupt and favors large multi-nationals, I'd love to see it change. But I don't see Trump being the one to change it for the right reasons or in the right way.

This seems more an attack from one businessman on another businessman.
So you think that Trump knowing the rules is bad?

I think it is bad for the president of the United States to have a personal vendetta against an individual and to use the power of his office to attack that person and their company.

There was a time when conservatives thought the Govt shouldn’t interfere with private businesses.

Those days are gone since now party trumps country for people like you

:puhleeze: Amazon's CEO owns the Washington Post, and just about every nasty anti-trump story in the media originates from the WaPO.

And this in one small post is what is wrong with our country.

You and all those like you are ok with the president using the power of the Fed Govt for a personal vendetta against a private company because the CEO of that company owns a paper that says mean things about the president.

What a bunch of snowflake you sorry pieces of shit are

Just wait until he tires of Amazon and goes after another business, seems like he's intent on destroying business rather than building. But he will never destroy Amazon.

Trump plays the left like a freaking violin. Hillary vowed to put the coal industry out of business and nobody seemed to care but the President makes a comment about Amazon and the left becomes hysterical.

The coal industry has been going out for years.

Trump escalates attack on Amazon, focusing on tax, shipping

"U.S. President Donald Trump accused Amazon.com Inc :)AMZN.O) on Thursday of not paying enough tax, taking advantage of the U.S. postal system and putting small retailers out of business,"

Yes, a guy who potentially gained $880 million from New York in tax breaks criticizes Amazon for doing the same thing. Trump paid to play in this too, we'd call it corruption but it seems perfectly okay in the US.

A Trump Empire Built on Inside Connections and $885 Million in Tax Breaks

Don't get me wrong, the US system is corrupt and favors large multi-nationals, I'd love to see it change. But I don't see Trump being the one to change it for the right reasons or in the right way.

This seems more an attack from one businessman on another businessman.
So you think that Trump knowing the rules is bad?

I think it is bad for the president of the United States to have a personal vendetta against an individual and to use the power of his office to attack that person and their company.

There was a time when conservatives thought the Govt shouldn’t interfere with private businesses.

Those days are gone since now party trumps country for people like you

:puhleeze: Amazon's CEO owns the Washington Post, and just about every nasty anti-trump story in the media originates from the WaPO.

And this in one small post is what is wrong with our country.

You and all those like you are ok with the president using the power of the Fed Govt for a personal vendetta against a private company because the CEO of that company owns a paper that says mean things about the president.

What a bunch of snowflake you sorry pieces of shit are

Just wait until he tires of Amazon and goes after another business, seems like he's intent on destroying business rather than building. But he will never destroy Amazon.

You are giving him way too much credit, he does not think about things, he does not plan things, he just acts. He is mad at Bezos because Bezos is 20 times more successfully than him and the WaPo says mean things about Trump.

Trump is a child in man's body and he would ruin an entire company just to make the CEO pay for what a paper says about him

Forum List

Back