I realize Trump has a hard on for Bezos and the WP, but seriously ... Amazon?

So... you believe a big business should be able to fleece the government and not pay taxes?

You believe the richest man in the world should pay LESS than YOU in taxes?

Does being a "frigidweirdo" fuck up your brain?

“Mr. Trump is a highly-skilled businessman who has a fiduciary responsibility to his business, his family and his employees to pay no more tax than legally required,” the statement said.

Donald Trump Acknowledges Not Paying Federal Income Taxes for Years

Donald Trump Acknowledges Not Paying Federal Income Taxes for Years
Yep. And when it was pointed out Trump didn't pay taxes, he said, "That makes me smart."

It just doesn't get more hypocritical than that.

You believe the richest man in the world should pay LESS than YOU in taxes?
Trump is jealous that Bezos is 50 times wealthier than he is, and made his money honestly.

Trump escalates attack on Amazon, focusing on tax, shipping

"U.S. President Donald Trump accused Amazon.com Inc :)AMZN.O) on Thursday of not paying enough tax, taking advantage of the U.S. postal system and putting small retailers out of business,"

Yes, a guy who potentially gained $880 million from New York in tax breaks criticizes Amazon for doing the same thing. Trump paid to play in this too, we'd call it corruption but it seems perfectly okay in the US.

A Trump Empire Built on Inside Connections and $885 Million in Tax Breaks

Don't get me wrong, the US system is corrupt and favors large multi-nationals, I'd love to see it change. But I don't see Trump being the one to change it for the right reasons or in the right way.

This seems more an attack from one businessman on another businessman.
do you even realize the breaks amazon gets on shipping? they should be held accountable for it cause no other online retailer gets these benefits.

and i'm sure you don't see trump doing ANYTHING positive so i don't get the need to disclaimer it.

"U.S. President Donald Trump accused Amazon.com Inc :)AMZN.O) on Thursday of not paying enough tax, taking advantage of the U.S. postal system and putting small retailers out of business,"

Yes, a guy who potentially gained $880 million from New York in tax breaks criticizes Amazon for doing the same thing. Trump paid to play in this too, we'd call it corruption but it seems perfectly okay in the US.

Don't get me wrong, the US system is corrupt and favors large multi-nationals, I'd love to see it change. But I don't see Trump being the one to change it for the right reasons or in the right way.

do you even realize the breaks amazon gets on shipping? they should be held accountable for it cause no other online retailer gets these benefits.

and i'm sure you don't see trump doing ANYTHING positive so i don't get the need to disclaimer it.
The USPS makes a profit off their contract with Amazon.

Also, are you SUUUUUURE you want to make government gifts to corporations your yardstick for punishing them? Really?

I think it is bad for the president of the United States to have a personal vendetta against an individual and to use the power of his office to attack that person and their company.

There was a time when conservatives thought the Govt shouldn’t interfere with private businesses.

Those days are gone since now party trumps country for people like you

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
:puhleeze: Amazon's CEO owns the Washington Post, and just about every nasty anti-trump story in the media originates from the WaPO.

So Trump then goes after his business, in a HYPOCRITICAL way?

Trump takes the tax breaks, he still has tax breaks in New York from a long time ago.
So you say.
However, I figure if you want to fuck with the bull don't scream like a stuck pig if you get gored.
And to put this all in proper perspective, Trump isn't sneaking around and abusing his powers like Obama did. He's simply voicing his opinion.

So I say and so you just pass off without caring.

So, you have a problem with Bezos doing something but not Trump?

How partisan of you.

Voicing his opinion? He's the President of the United States. His opinion is the opinion of the executive office of the country.

He just hasn't figured that out yet.
The WaPO has been trying to destroy him for over a year. They have published so many unsubstantiated rumors from anonymous sources that it's impossible to count them all. The damage they have done is unfathomable yet they cannot handle it when Trump issues a statement. So sorry that their Whittle feelings are hurt.

Why doesn’t Trump then go after the WaPo and not a company that has no financial ties the paper?

Can you provide the actual “breaks” they get and then list what keeps other retailers from getting them?

Thanks

:puhleeze: Amazon's CEO owns the Washington Post, and just about every nasty anti-trump story in the media originates from the WaPO.

Trump takes the tax breaks, he still has tax breaks in New York from a long time ago.
So you say.
However, I figure if you want to fuck with the bull don't scream like a stuck pig if you get gored.
And to put this all in proper perspective, Trump isn't sneaking around and abusing his powers like Obama did. He's simply voicing his opinion.

How partisan of you.

Voicing his opinion? He's the President of the United States. His opinion is the opinion of the executive office of the country.

The WaPO has been trying to destroy him for over a year. They have published so many unsubstantiated rumors from anonymous sources that it's impossible to count them all. The damage they have done is unfathomable yet they cannot handle it when Trump issues a statement. So sorry that their Whittle feelings are hurt.

Why doesn’t Trump then go after the WaPo and not a company that has no financial ties the paper?

Say what? WaPo doesn't have financial ties with Amazon?

Trump plays the left like a freaking violin. Hillary vowed to put the coal industry out of business and nobody seemed to care but the President makes a comment about Amazon and the left becomes hysterical.

So you say.

How partisan of you.

Trump is obviously using his positional authority to try to influence Amazon's stock price, and thus Bezos's net worth.

What a corrupt and abusive asshole.

So you say.

How partisan of you.

The owner of one is the CEO of the other. There are no financial connections between the actual companies.

Trump plays the left like a freaking violin. Hillary vowed to put the coal industry out of business and nobody seemed to care but the President makes a comment about Amazon and the left becomes hysterical.
So your only defense of Trump's abuse of power is, "B-b-b-b-b-but Clinton!"?

Sad.

And before you say some other stupid thing, I posted a lot about Clinton's desire to "take those profits" from oil companies.

Wait, are you suggesting Trump took advantage of tax laws? We'll, I can say I voted for him because he strikes me as COMPETENT.

I take advantage of it too. That said, it's about time internet sales are taxed. That's called common sense. You should try it.

Since you're not a Democrat, can you show me the similar threads you started on high tax advocating leftists who minimize their taxes like Warren Buffett, Bill Gates,The Clintons, and Obama and the ones who actually cheat and don't pay them including Charlie Rangle, Tom Daschle
and George Soros? Thanks!

Bezos made his money the old-fashioned way. He earned it.

Trump made his money from scamming and stealing. And he's worth one fiftieth of what Bezos is worth.

So you say.

How partisan of you.

The owner of one is the CEO of the other. There are no financial connections between the actual companies.

Close...
Washington Post to be sold to Jeff Bezos, the founder of Amazon

WaPo hurts the Emperor's feelings, and he is abusing his power to get even. And the lickspittles all go along, setting yet another benchmark which is going to come back and bitch slap them in their stupid obsequious faces.

So you say.

How partisan of you.

Trump is obviously using his positional authority to try to influence Amazon's stock price, and thus Bezos's net worth.

What a corrupt and abusive asshole.
and what is worse is he has done it more than once which should be a crime...

Forum List

Back