I see nothing wrong with this….

View attachment 245307

I always thought that if your first call after the bullets start flying is to guys with guns….it only makes sense to have guys with guns on the campus. I wouldn’t put guns into the classrooms and in the hands of persons with multiple responsibilities who are lightly trained but having armed guards on the campus…sounds like a good idea.

What are the odds that the school you are in will be the target of a mass shooter?

Hint: Not high.
Almost zero.

Why make the kids at a school feel afraid every moment of every day by having guys with rifles hanging around as though they are in
immediate danger.
I think you’re overstating the terror factor by about a billion percent there.

Prevent assholes from getting guns. It is a better solution.

A much better solution.
Until we find a way to make that a reality, if you’re going to call a bunch of guys with guns to come to your rescue….it is only logical to have those guys with guns as close as possible.

Keep the guns out of the classrooms, keep them in the hands of people who are trained in their use, and keep them looking outward, not having to grade papers one moment and dispense justice the next.

We already have uniformed and armed police officers in schools. Kids see them as law enforcement. Not as body guards.
I've met some. They are usually highly regarded. They do NOT have semi-auto's slung over their chests.
--------------------------------------- semi autos are no big deal and slung over the chest is simply a way to carry the gun and for the Gun Toter to still be able to use his hands . And a semi auto rifle is quite often carried by cops visiting a domestic disturbance police call all over the USA . Course thats rather new style i think in the last 10 or so years . Semi Autos in either pistol or rifle is the way things are done by police and Americans since about the 80s or thereabouts OldLady . [from what i observe]

View attachment 245307

I always thought that if your first call after the bullets start flying is to guys with guns….it only makes sense to have guys with guns on the campus. I wouldn’t put guns into the classrooms and in the hands of persons with multiple responsibilities who are lightly trained but having armed guards on the campus…sounds like a good idea.
But, we already have a militia for this! The "goodguyswithguns"! Surely, they must have proposed such necessary vigilance! Where are they when there is a use?

Huh? Most criminals get guns through the black market. There is no way to stop someone from getting a gun. Guns have been largely banned in the UK, and gun crime is on the rise.

Guns were banned in Australia, and they had a massive increase in gun crime.

If "Prevent assholes from getting guns. It is a better solution." was true.... then every country on the face of the Earth would have done it by now.

It is not a better solution, in fact it isn't a solution at all. It doesn't work. Has never worked. Will never work. And only mindless idiots, with no connection to reality, say such moronic things.

You must get your "facts" from 2AGuy. Here's a tip: Don't.

I got that from the Department of Justice, from some years back. They surveyed people in prison.

The typical murderer or rapist, didn't just wake up the day before, and start killing people. Most have long criminal records.

As a result, by the time they end up killing someone, they usually already have a long rap sheet, and thus are already banned from being a gun legally.

So naturally most all criminals get their guns on the black market.

I myself, knew exactly who to talk to in high school, if I wanted a gun. We all did. Additionally, my brother-in-law purchased his gun at a road side rest stop. How do you propose to prevent that? Another gun we own, we bought will visiting a friends house. We were just sitting there talking about wanting a revolver, and he pulled one of the drawer next the chair he was sitting in.

How do you suggest we prevent that?

You can't stop the black market ever. The whole point of a black market is that it doesn't follow the laws.

Just like banning alcohol didn't stop anything either. In a matter of months, there were smuggling rings running from coast to coast, from Canada to Mexico, and that didn't include the hundreds of moonshine distilleries that popped up across the country.

If you want to believe something else, that is your choice. But facts are not your choice. They are what they are.

It was your "facts" about gun crimes in Australia and the UK and Europe generally that I was taking exception to. Most of the guns used in mass shootings--that I can think of, anyway, were purchased legally.

I realize that many robberies and murders are committed with stolen guns. If there were less guns floating around to be stolen, there wouldn't be so many on the black market to sell, though, would there?

Surge in knife and gun crime in England and Wales

The fact gun crime, and all crime, is rising in the UK is well known and well documented in the news.

As for Australia, I post the video of the local news station, had a report go undercover, and was able to find a gun seller that very night.

I don't see much there to argue with.

If there were less guns floating around to be stolen, there wouldn't be so many on the black market to sell, though, would there?

And that worked so well during prohibition, didn't it? Why hasn't that ended the drug trade in the US?

If there is a demand for guns in the black market, someone will provide those guns. Just like if there is a demand for alcohol in the black market, someone will provide that alcohol. If there is demand for drugs in the black market, someone will provide those drugs.

Internet sales fuelling illegal gun trade

Illegal guns pouring into Australia from the sea.

da9252aab013b80614b5859b728fea2d8d4babd2e08a0cf2e41c8a54f59c50d1_large

All of these guns were home-made weapons. Fully functional and deadly. Found in Australia.

This is the reality.

If they were home made, that blows your theory that the black market can find guns no matter what. Having to make your own gun isn't an option for most of the guys I know that are not supposed to have guns. They're too high or too stupid to make one.

Huh? What? How does them being homemade blow up the theory? Doesn't that validate the theory?

Black market gun smiths are a real thing.

By the way, I didn't say they were not sold on the black market. I just said they were home made. These are not mutually exclusive. I could make a guy at my house. I have relatives who have done it.

I could then sell the gun to a guy on the street. (not meaning literally in the middle of road somewhere, but rather just a random person).

That would be a black market sale, because I follow no rules or laws on selling the gun.

Being home made, does not mean they are not sold in the black market.

What is wrong with this picture? What is wrong with our country, when we need guards carrying like that in our schools?

There has to be a better solution, although if it's what needs to happen in order to protect the kids, it's better safe than sorry. I think if it were my kids going to that school, though, I'd do anything possible to move out of that school district and have my kids go someplace safer, where semiautos don't seem to be indicated.

There has to be a better solution,

View attachment 245313
Interesting--a little scary, too. I was thinking along different lines.
------------------------------------ i like it plus i like the impression that simply seeing some nice weapons carried around in school will make on young impressionable American kids minds .
You are such a troll.
------------------------------------------- thankyou if you are calling me names , I am simply taking part in the discussion . And its true , I as a normal kid was attracted to guns as a young American school kid . I used to take my .22 semi auto rifle plus ammo to school on the school bus in 1960 as lots of other kids did . Then after school i'd walk with it through town to the KofC or Masonic building to shoot it at their basement shooting range with instruction given by adult Men . Then after that i'd walk or hitch hike home with it for a late supper OldLady .

Americans' response to a shooting: MORE GUNS

OL's response to protecting children,do nothing.

That’s what the US has done since Columbine NOTHING.

Initially they banned assault style weapons but that ban expired and it’s been open season on kids since.

Assault "style" weapons aren't the problem.
And why has nothing been done OL? We could have put armed security in every school in the nation by now.
Who's against that again?

What is wrong with this picture? What is wrong with our country, when we need guards carrying like that in our schools?

There has to be a better solution, although if it's what needs to happen in order to protect the kids, it's better safe than sorry. I think if it were my kids going to that school, though, I'd do anything possible to move out of that school district and have my kids go someplace safer, where semiautos don't seem to be indicated.

How do you know something wouldn't happen at the new district?

Yet you have no problem with armed guards in banks....
Thats messed up.
What's messed up about wishing my kids could go to a school that didn't require semiautomatic armed guards to keep them safe.

And do they really need that? What are the odds of a student being killed in a mass shooting incident (I am not talking about a couple of gang bangers going at it in the stairwell). Getting hit by lightning is probably more likely. And yet we throw guns in the hallways.

Wanting your kids safer isn't messed up. Thinking it can't happen somewhere else, while not messed up, is rather naive.

View attachment 245307

What are the odds that the school you are in will be the target of a mass shooter?

Hint: Not high.

Why make the kids at a school feel afraid every moment of every day by having guys with rifles hanging around as though they are in
immediate danger.

Prevent assholes from getting guns. It is a better solution.
---------------------------------- no normal kid is going to be afraid LLaugher .

Moron.

One. Some kids will, in fact, be afraid of the weapon itself. But that isn’t what I’m talking about.

Two. Most kids will simply be afraid because they are being told by the moron adults in their lives that they need a weapon like that around them all day because they are in danger.

They ARE NOT in danger. There is no need to give them the impression that they are.

Idiot.

Afraid it will show our youth there's nothing to be afraid of when it comes to guns eh?

That might be a record for you.

View attachment 245307

I should be up to the individual school policy they want... Because the political correct policy is always wrong

View attachment 245307

But, we already have a militia for this! The "goodguyswithguns"! Surely, they must have proposed such necessary vigilance! Where are they when there is a use?

It’s not helpful to suggest what you’re suggesting in jest but FWIW, the NRA did suggest placing armed guards in schools after Sandy Hook:

NRA clarifies its stance on arming schools - CNN

I’d prefer we don’t have the gun laws we have now that allows you to buy as many weapons as you or your ISIS sponsors can afford. But we do. And the sad result is that we have school shootings. In nearly 100% of the cases, the response to the shooting is to call the police. You’re not calling the police because you want them to do anything other than protect you. How do they do that? Usually it means armed intervention.

So again….so far nobody can tell me what is wrong without having armed guards already on sight outside of the optics of it.

and these school guards , military or whatever they are . They have been trained by ' NRA ' theory , Training , practices and materials .

This is the same theory for gun ownership in the home.

So if the unthinkable occurs, you're not a victim waiting to happen. You have something to defend yourself with.

View attachment 245307

Although there’s nothing wrong with the precaution itself, there is in fact something wrong when schools feel the need to take such precautions.

It’s a classic example of prescribing aspirin for a brain tumor.

View attachment 245307

Although there’s nothing wrong with the precaution itself, there is in fact something wrong when schools feel the need to take such precautions.

It’s a classic example of prescribing aspirin for a brain tumor.

A reasonable response to an unreasonable condition.

I would urge my liberal colleagues to look at our hand gun addiction in the same ways we look at other threats to our nation.

In the past we had smart Presidents who worked to reduce nuclear weapon stockpiles. At the same time we kept our nukes ready to fly.

One can argue the strategy but not the results. We haven’t had a nuclear war.

In the past, we had smart Presidents who worked to help ween the nation off of tobacco, illegal drugs, and keep harmful chemicals off of our produce. At the same time of trying to reduce dependence, we have stepped up enforcement and have expanded treatment.

We can argue the effectiveness of the programs on the whole but smoking is down and farmers have adopted much safer and chemical free produce growing techniques. I think we put too much into incarcerations efforts and not enough into treatment as far as drugs are concerned. Few would seriously argue that without the efforts,tobacco would have petered out and farmers would stop using the DDT.

Guns are going to be around forever in this society. Getting rid of their comical ease of attainment should be what a smart president focuses on. We certainly don’t have one of those currently. In the mean time, having aggressive deterrents on campus is just the smart thing to do; the proverbial reasonable response to an unreasonable situation
There is a Constitutional right to possess a handgun, there is no right to smoke or use drugs.

Getting rid of guns’ comical ease of attainment will be problematic to say the least, and ultimately beyond the purview of a president or even the political process.

However comical, efforts to eliminate the ease of attainment will be challenged in court and upheld by a Supreme Court sympathetic to those hostile to further firearm regulations.

If you're a would be shooter and know there are armed combat veterans inside it's going to give you pause whether this is such a great idea. Odds are you're gonna die

If they dont fall asleep sitting or walking around for 8 long hours day after day? I dont see how anyone could do that? Better than nothing but put me in the skeptical column......can you imagine? They need to be kept busy and challenge IMVHO.

Forum List

Back