🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

I think most Republicans would stop flying Confederate flags if it didn't get a reaction out of the left.

I did? Which post was that?
You know what you're right. I confused you for another poster. You did try to pretend the Democratic Party of today was the same of the 1800s though so I'm not to torn up about it

:beer:

I guess that would be similar to pretending the south of the 1800's is the same today.
I'm not, just noticing that they can't get more than 10% of the black vote are still working to dismantle the voting rights act they voted against in 65'. So maybe not slavers, but not that far off form segregationists.

Sounds like you hear a lot of stuff but don’t live in the South. You live in some northern or west coast blue state that has no clue what they are talking about, just what they keep hearing from the Democratic pulpit.

Forgive this diatribe but this is a subject that really gets my goat. There are racists in the South, just like there are racists everywhere. Many people from other states confuse the love us Southerners have for our culture for racism. There is quite a bit more to old Southern culture than slave ownership or racism. The reason many don’t get it from some other parts of the country is because they are fairly new to the country. How often do you hear people talk about Northern culture? Yeah you don’t because much of that pride has been destroyed by the left. If you live in a place like NYC, for example, it is common to ask the question “what is your nationality”, meaning your country of origin. That is a MUCH less commonly asked question in the South. You will very seldomly hear a Southerner say I am Irish, French, etc, because their families have been in the country for many generations. They are proud Americans first and foremost to the point where it takes research to figure out where their ancestry beyond the US lies. In the North, the average person may only be a 1-3rd generation American. Their traditions are a mixed bag with some American traditions mixed in with their grandparent’s traditions from their native countries. Their devotion is diluted to some extent, which is understandable, whereas most Southerner’s or others whose families have been in the US for many generations is undiluted…full strength. I don’t think many are able to see or understand this devotion.
I can give you a few more points to consider to fill out what "devotion" might mean. For example, the "Daughters of the American Revolution" (DAR) honor their heritage. Whereas the "Three Percenters" or "Oath Keepers" are anti-government militias, probably half the members are FBI plants.
I also like Civil War re-enactments, that shows respect for the men who fought. I'm not a fan of tearing statues down, like the fucking Taliban. Then again, if they want no statues anywhere, that's fair. I also oppose the bullshit history of the 1619 Project.

I actually live in South Florida with family in Georgia, Texas and West Virginia which ironically split from Virginia so as not to be associated with those slaving fuck tards but alas history and entropy have reclaimed them.

Then why choose a battle flag from the brief history the South left the Union and fought a war to protect slavery as your symbol? That's like a German using the Nazi flag to show German pride. That argument is intellectually vapid.

Again, then why choose a symbol of a country that left America and then went to war with America and killed Americans as a symbol of your American pride? Get the fuck out of here with that silly ass argument. You clown. When wi any of you proud boy types ever actually be proud of what you piece of shit ancestors actually fought for?
Look rookie, a battle flag is just that, a flag, it is not a symbol of slavery or racism, its a fucking flag.
Just like the Gadsdon flag in 1776, or more recently the TEA Party, in 1860 the "rebels" fought for freedom from an intrusive and corrupt federal government, they fought for states rights. Slavery may have been one part of that back then, but that's not what that flag means today.
Tell me you believe that those flying the stars and bars today are "pro-slavery", duh?

As for flying the Nazi flag, tell me you think that's a "German" symbol. If you do, then you are clueless. Public school?

Last edited:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw those two quotes above and it brought to mind a real life experience that has occurred this year. Two of 'em, in fact.

• The first, while wintering in Sarasota this year my bride and me observed some jackass in a white pick-up driving down the highway with two.....two!.......flags in Trump-blue bearing the words---F*ck Biden.

(*I added the asterisk in F*ck, for mere propriety. The driver of the truck, I suspect, couldn't even spell asterisk.)

• The second, fortunately this was upon a rural gravel road not far from our farm, (but school buses go by, and the moke had kids toys in the yard!)......anyway, across his porch that faces the road was the same Trump-blue sign as the jerk in Florida ---- "F*ck Biden".
I could be persuaded, I think, that the same Dicks & Karens who fly 'F*ck Biden' flags in public.....also fly the Stars & Bars.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ps...this don't count as close-proximity personal observation but I saw that same 'F-Biden' flag being carried by one of the Dicks on the Capitol steps on January 6th. It was a brief glimpse as networks have some reservations about that AngloSaxon 4-letter word being broadcast on their coverages.
My God. I'm so sorry you had to see that. I can't imagine the horror you lived through seeing real people that don't particularly like President Potato.
I hope you are doing OK. God Speed on your recovery.

Look rookie, a battle flag is just that, a flag, it is not a symbol of slavery or racism, its a fucking flag.
So Nazi flag not a symbol of racism? Do the rest us need to pretend to be morons who are historically illiterate like you apparently are?
Just like the Gadsdon flag in 1776, or more recently the TEA Party, in 1860 the "rebels" fought for freedom from an intrusive and corrupt federal government, they fought for states rights.
The states right argument has always been bullshit. They made it impossible for their own states to criminalize slavery and fought against Northern states rights to protect runaway slaves before they left Union. Your argument is dumb and historically inaccurate. The only state right they cared about was the one protecting slavery.
Slavery may have been one part of that back then, but that's not what that flag means today.
Tell me you believe that those flying the stars and bars today are "pro-slavery", duh?
If you acknowledge it meant it back then why would you use it as symbol of pride today? That makes no sense but then you don't even know your own history so that tracks.
As for flying the Nazi flag, tell me you think that's a "German" symbol. If you do, then you are clueless.
I think it's a symbols for racists like the Confederate flag.

I can't think of a better example of somebody doing something just to get a reaction out of snowflakes. It's the same reason they do a bunch of stuff. They just want to be disrespectful and get under your skin.

You'd be wrong then.

Thinking they do it to piss off people, or do it because "they are racist", do it because they are dumb backwards southern idiots, or anything like just goes to show you (or anyone that thinks any of those things) has no idea what the Confederate flag means to those people. I'll give you a hint, none of those examples I gave are correct.

If you think the Confederate flag is a negative to people from the south then you're wrong.

So Nazi flag not a symbol of racism? Do the rest us need to pretend to be morons who are historically illiterate like you apparently are?

The states right argument has always been bullshit. They made it impossible for their own states to criminalize slavery and fought against Northern states rights to protect runaway slaves before they left Union. Your argument is dumb and historically inaccurate. The only state right they cared about was the one protecting slavery.

If you acknowledge it meant it back then why would you use it as symbol of pride today? That makes no sense but then you don't even know your own history so that tracks.

I think it's a symbols for racists like the Confederate flag.
1. Look stupid, do NOT re-write my post. My post had "battle flag", and you put "Nazi flag", duh. Public school? Shitty reading comprehension? Low-IQ??
2. Prove that the civil war was not about states rights, duh. Public school?
3. It was a battle flag back then, and today it means lots of things, not just what the MSM says it does. It NEVER meant "Slavers".
4. You can think whatever you like, just don't tell me what to think.

If you think the Confederate flag is a negative to people from the south then you're wrong.
First of all I am from the south and fuck your bigotry.

I think it would mean a lot less to them if lefties didn't get their panties in a bunch every time they see one.

1. Look stupid, do NOT re-write my post. My post had "battle flag", and you put "Nazi flag", duh. Public school? Shitty reading comprehension? Low-IQ??
It's called a comparison you dipshit. The Confederate flag was a battle flag carried by traitors in battle with American soldiers to defend their states right to own people as property. That makes it a symbol of racism to anyone who isn't a mutant or moron just as the Nazi flag is a symbol of anti-semitism. If some dipshit like you tried to pretend that it was really just a symbol for German pride we'd all see him for moron and cuck that he was.
2. Prove that the civil war was not about states rights, duh. Public school?
Asking to prove a negative? Was high-school the end of your education? Also I never said it wasn't about states rights, only that it was about one particular right, the right to own slaves. Basic history proves the rest. The South, the bastion of states rights denied their own states certain rights, like the right to abolish slavery.
3. It was a battle flag back then, and today it means lots of things, not just what the MSM says it does. It NEVER meant "Slavers".
You can pretend it means whatever you like. To most it's a symbol of racism and ignorance. That's why the statues of the people who fought for that flag are being torn down and why even Southern institutions like Nascar are telling you to leave that hick flag at home and not to bring it their races. The Culture that sees the Confederate flag as a proud symbol is thankfully, a dying one.
4. You can think whatever you like, just don't tell me what to think.
I'm actually quite glad you and yours are so ignorant and stupid. It makes it easier to take your country from you.

I can't think of a better example of somebody doing something just to get a reaction out of snowflakes. It's the same reason they do a bunch of stuff. They just want to be disrespectful and get under your skin.
So it's about "owning the libs"?

Does that mean all those dead rednecks got covid to "own the libs" too and if we had been more tolerant of them they would be alive??

It's called a comparison you dipshit. The Confederate flag was a battle flag carried by traitors in battle with American soldiers to defend their states right to own people as property. That makes it a symbol of racism to anyone who isn't a mutant or moron just as the Nazi flag is a symbol of anti-semitism. If some dipshit like you tried to pretend that it was really just a symbol for German pride we'd all see him for moron and cuck that he was.

Asking to prove a negative? Was high-school the end of your education? Also I never said it wasn't about states rights, only that it was about one particular right, the right to own slaves. Basic history proves the rest. The South, the bastion of states rights denied their own states certain rights, like the right to abolish slavery.

You can pretend it means whatever you like. To most it's a symbol of racism and ignorance. That's why the statues of the people who fought for that flag are being torn down and why even Southern institutions like Nascar are telling you to leave that hick flag at home and not to bring it their races. The Culture that sees the Confederate flag as a proud symbol is thankfully, a dying one.

I'm actually quite glad you and yours are so ignorant and stupid. It makes it easier to take your country from you.
1. Its called changing my post. Keep doing it and you get put on "ignore"
2. Re-read your post #93, 2nd para: "The states right argument has always been bullshit." You really are stupid, kid. Make up your mind.
3. You have a poll or some research that can prove "most of us" consider it a symbol of "racism and ignorance"? Link please.
I agree with NASCAR to not be associated with the flag, the same way that sports teams should respect the national anthem, why alienate viewers and patrons, they are businesses. The flag should only be used to show displeasure at protests and such, i.e. "battle". Its not dying, just kept until needed.
4. Huh? More nonsense from a low-IQ newbie. Make a point or stop typing.

1. Its called changing my post. Keep doing it and you get put on "ignore"
2. Re-read your post #93, 2nd para: "The states right argument has always been bullshit." You really are stupid, kid. Make up your mind.
3. You have a poll or some research that can prove "most of us" consider it a symbol of "racism and ignorance"? Link please.
I agree with NASCAR to not be associated with the flag, the same way that sports teams should respect the national anthem, why alienate viewers and patrons, they are businesses. The flag should only be used to show displeasure at protests and such, i.e. "battle". Its not dying, just kept until needed.
4. Huh? More nonsense from a low-IQ newbie. Make a point or stop typing.
Go ahead and create whatever kind of safe space you need. Again, the only right the Confederacy was interested in protecting was the state right to protect slavery. The Confederacy existed to protect the institution of slavery and the people who take that flag as a symbol of pride are morons and mutants.

Forum List

Back