I thought you were going to pick the best people?

Trump was warned about Flynn by the Justice department before his confirmation. Trump did nothing. Is this what he calls his extreme vetting

Bullshit.
dont stick your head in the sand, look it up

You made the statement. It's up to you to prove your veracity. Flynn lied, he is gone. Those are the facts.
The acting attorney general informed the Trump White House late last month that she believed Michael Flynn had misled senior administration officials about the nature of his communications with the Russian ambassador to the United States, and warned that the national security adviser was potentially vulnerable to Russian blackmail, current and former U.S. officials said.

The message, delivered by Sally Q. Yates and a senior career national security official to the White House counsel, was prompted by concerns that Flynn, when asked about his calls and texts with the Russian diplomat, had told Vice President-elect Mike Pence and others that he had not discussed the Obama administration sanctions on Russia for its interference in the 2016 election, the officials said. It is unclear what the White House counsel, Donald McGahn, did with the information.

I never thought Flynn was a good choice to begin with. But I do have to say I'm impressed that the administration isn't trying to cover up him lying. He is found to lie and is gone.

Different and refreshing.
valid

or nah, these questions surfaced before he was even appointed about his close ties with Russia.

Justice Department warned White House that Flynn could be vulnerable to Russian blackmail, officials say

In the waning days of the Obama administration, James R. Clapper Jr., who was the director of national intelligence, and John Brennan, the CIA director at the time, shared Yates’s concerns and concurred with her recommendation to inform the Trump White House. They feared that “Flynn had put himself in a compromising position” and thought that Pence had a right to know that he had been misled, according to one of the officials, who, like others, spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss intelligence matters.

...For Yates and other officials, concerns about the communications peaked in the days after the Obama administration on Dec. 29 announced measures to punish Russia for what it said was the Kremlin’s interference in the election in an attempt to help Trump.

After the sanctions were rolled out, the Obama administration braced itself for the Russian retaliation. To the surprise of many U.S. officials, Russian President Vladimir Putin announced on Dec. 30 that there would be no response. Trump praised the decision on Twitter.

Intelligence analysts began to search for clues that could help explain Putin’s move. The search turned up Kislyak’s communications, which the FBI routinely monitors, and the phone call in question with Flynn, a retired Army lieutenant general with years of intelligence experience.

[The fall of Michael Flynn: A timeline]

From that call and subsequent intercepts, FBI agents wrote a secret report summarizing Flynn’s discussions with Kislyak.

They knew he was compromised and tried to brazen it out.

Hindsight is 20/20. Where were you guys the last eight years?
Did Obama ever have a cabinet pick who left in disgrace after 3 weeks? This is just the beginning, far more to follow out the door

The Hussein administration never did anything and never tried to get shit done...it's kinda hard to get in to trouble when you sit on your hands doing nothing but delivering heavy lip service.

The guy who never drives never gets a traffic ticket.

Hindsight is 20/20. Where were you guys the last eight years?
Did Obama ever have a cabinet pick who left in disgrace after 3 weeks? This is just the beginning, far more to follow out the door

The Hussein administration never did anything and never tried to get shit done...it's kinda hard to get in to trouble when you sit on your hands doing nothing but delivering heavy lip service.

The guy who never drives never gets a traffic ticket.
Its all about who you choose my friend, and Obama never chose someone who left in disgrace. This is also about just when Trump knew about this, and what he did or did not do.

I never thought Flynn was a good choice to begin with. But I do have to say I'm impressed that the administration isn't trying to cover up him lying. He is found to lie and is gone.

valid

or nah, these questions surfaced before he was even appointed about his close ties with Russia.

Justice Department warned White House that Flynn could be vulnerable to Russian blackmail, officials say

In the waning days of the Obama administration, James R. Clapper Jr., who was the director of national intelligence, and John Brennan, the CIA director at the time, shared Yates’s concerns and concurred with her recommendation to inform the Trump White House. They feared that “Flynn had put himself in a compromising position” and thought that Pence had a right to know that he had been misled, according to one of the officials, who, like others, spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss intelligence matters.

...For Yates and other officials, concerns about the communications peaked in the days after the Obama administration on Dec. 29 announced measures to punish Russia for what it said was the Kremlin’s interference in the election in an attempt to help Trump.

After the sanctions were rolled out, the Obama administration braced itself for the Russian retaliation. To the surprise of many U.S. officials, Russian President Vladimir Putin announced on Dec. 30 that there would be no response. Trump praised the decision on Twitter.

Intelligence analysts began to search for clues that could help explain Putin’s move. The search turned up Kislyak’s communications, which the FBI routinely monitors, and the phone call in question with Flynn, a retired Army lieutenant general with years of intelligence experience.

From that call and subsequent intercepts, FBI agents wrote a secret report summarizing Flynn’s discussions with Kislyak.

that Justice dept was hacked the fuck out. I would have taken it with a grain of salt.
Since you all of a SUDDEN seem to care about govt accountability, are you going to support trump if he goes after Hillary?

valid

that Justice dept was hacked the fuck out. I would have taken it with a grain of salt.
Since you all of a SUDDEN seem to care about govt accountability, are you going to support trump if he goes after Hillary?
Go after Hillary for what? be specific

I've always supported government accountability. :dunno:

If Trump's justice department thinks they can make a case against Hillary for criminal wrong-doing, I support them doing so.

This is a very interesting timeline of events.

The fall of Michael Flynn: A timeline
After 30 some needless investigations of Bhengazi, now the republicans are refusing to investigate Flynn. They just want to forget all about it, and pretend it never happened
this is nothing but disingenuous bullshit coming from Hillary supporters..
The fact that Flynn had illegal conversations with the Russian government over who knows what is bullshit to you. This is very serious stuff

The timeline is disingenuous bullshit? Dude, he made contact with the Russians, probably negotiated some sort of deal (we peons will never know), and then lied about it.

He probably should be prosecuted.

This is a very interesting timeline of events.

The fall of Michael Flynn: A timeline
After 30 some needless investigations of Bhengazi, now the republicans are refusing to investigate Flynn. They just want to forget all about it, and pretend it never happened
The fact that Flynn had illegal conversations with the Russian government over who knows what is bullshit to you. This is very serious stuff
no shit. I wrote the OP genius. But im not disingenuous. This shit actually pisses me off. It only pisses off partisans depending on who done it..

Can any of you idiots explain why you hired a Muslim spy ring to run your IT? The stole select intelligence committee info, among other things. When will you hold your leaders accountable?
Trump fucked up. He is human. Get over it man..
I am fine with him rectifying an issue. Good for him. Still waiting for the Dems to step up and take care of their issues. They just don't give a fuck about national security.

You cannot simultaneously occupy the planet, foment war, arm multiple sides of a given conflict, destablize other nations and have security.
You can avoid hiring Muslim spy rings with criminal records that handle the most sensitive of data.
Not going to make much difference as long as you employ islamic radicals in your foreign misadventures that repeatedly come back to bite you in the ass.

valid

Go after Hillary for what? be specific
still waiting for an answer

no shit. I wrote the OP genius. But im not disingenuous. This shit actually pisses me off. It only pisses off partisans depending on who done it..

What I would say about Hillary is that I have zero problems with her being prosecuted. However, if the federal agencies felt they could succeed in prosecuting her, they'd have already done so. She was not well-liked, and there are many within the FBI especially who enjoy taking down corrupt politicians.

What I would say about Hillary is that I have zero problems with her being prosecuted. However, if the federal agencies felt they could succeed in prosecuting her, they'd have already done so. She was not well-liked, and there are many within the FBI especially who enjoy taking down corrupt politicians.
Hillary has been found guilty of absolutely nothing.

that whole fucking thing was bullshit. The first and second time.
Didn't comey say if it was anyone else they would be prosecuted?

that whole fucking thing was bullshit. The first and second time.
Didn't comey say if it was anyone else they would be prosecuted?
Nope, he never said that

Forum List

Back