I WAS a career criminal. I wouldn't think twice about hurting you if it made my life better.

• Banned
I did 3 years on a 5 to 15 sentence. If fucking you over advanced my life it was a no brainer. Your bleeding heart would have gotten you robbed, maimed or worse.

I am reformed and I am one of the few that achieve that. You owe my recovery to conservative views.

If I gave you a few names and addresses would you consider going back to your old ways? I promise their liberal and the world will be better off when your done.

• Banned
Aggravate assault & battery on law enforcement.
Aggravated arson.
Unlawful possession & discharge of a firearm.
Aggravated juvenile delinquency.
Grand theft auto.
Terroristic threats of a state witness.
1st degree battery.
Possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute.

And those were just the charges I was convicted of at 16. There were 9 other charges I pled out of.

Your bleeding heart would have netted me yet another stint in juvie or probation.

I don't think most of this board has any idea how the real world works. Y'all live in you little insulated bubbles oblivious to the real dangers you face on a daily basis.

Getting a reduced sentence sounds pretty liberal.

• Banned
Liberal & progressive ideology would have allowed me to continue down this path.

How?
Yet another slap on the wrist. I still remember the woman who put me away. At 14 she was warning me...."Mr ********* I am getting tired of seeing you". He name was Joan Hamilton. She started out in juvenile corrections, then district attorney, then PAROLE BOARD. My first appearance before the parole board and I saw her sitting there. Shit my pants. And naturally she knew me well and her only comment during the hearing was "I told you"

Leftists are too forgiving

A few weeks ago I caught a documentary about a hardcore prison. I was in "corrections" long ago, including maximum security, so it was a bit reminiscent. At any rate, without realizing it an inmate summarized liberal policy with a simple statement ..... "If I knew I'd get 30 years I wouldn't have done it. I'm from California, where the most I'd had gotten is eight years".

Congratulations on cleaning up OP. I know it's difficult, but you show it's possible. Will-power, personal responsibility and doing the right thing goes a long way buddy.

A few weeks ago I caught a documentary about a hardcore prison. I was in "corrections" long ago, including maximum security, so it was a bit reminiscent. At any rate, without realizing it an inmate summarized liberal policy with a simple statement ..... "If I knew I'd get 30 years I wouldn't have done it. I'm from California, where the most I'd had gotten is eight years".

Congratulations on cleaning up OP. I know it's difficult, but you show it's possible. Will-power, personal responsibility and doing the right thing goes a long way buddy.
Thank you. It was VERY difficult at first. And I won't lie, I slipped a couple times and reverted to my old ways. Started dealing, using, pimping and a few nasty encounters that went south. You know what saved me?

This will blow your mind if you know me. My pastor. He begged the court to put me in rehab instead of revoking my parole. I owe my freedom today to him & my exwife.

I worked in the criminal justice system for years and all the research shows that offenders provided programming and rehabilitation have lower rates of recidivism than those just thrown into prison for years with no other intervention.

Further, restorative justice (liberal bleeding heart approach to offender behavior) programs have produced even lower rates of recidivism in offenders who participate.

So I call bullshit on the premise you assert.

And I fully expect that you will call me names in response.

Thank you. It was VERY difficult at first. And I won't lie, I slipped a couple times and reverted to my old ways. Started dealing, using, pimping and a few nasty encounters that went south. You know what saved me?

This will blow your mind if you know me. My pastor. He begged the court to put me in rehab instead of revoking my parole. I owe my freedom today to him & my exwife.
Getting rehab instead of being thrown back into jail sounds pretty liberal to me.

You are still that person. You might choose to not hurt anyone now but you know you could if you had to. Whatever made you the way you were is still there, waiting, ready. Like a concealed weapon.

One of the things I remember most is how many inmates are just simply "victims of a corrupt system". Sure some are, but a very few. At any rate, those in denial are least likely to clean up. One incident I'll never forget occurred at the honor camp where I worked. A general conversation with this fellow turned into how he was just a victim, and the burns over his body was square enough. Anyway, he got six years, big fucking deal. What he didn't know is he killed my wife's best friend's father and 10 year old brother. The guy was drunk and ran a stop sign doing 80 in a 25. He split the victim's truck in two.

Getting rehab instead of being thrown back into jail sounds pretty liberal to me.
It is I suppose but you have to realize that I am the minority. Most people thrown there don't give a rats ass about your chances and they are just playing the system.

Liberal & progressive ideology would have allowed me to continue down this path.

How?
Yet another slap on the wrist. I still remember the woman who put me away. At 14 she was warning me...."Mr ********* I am getting tired of seeing you". He name was Joan Hamilton. She started out in juvenile corrections, then district attorney, then PAROLE BOARD. My first appearance before the parole board and I saw her sitting there. Shit my pants. And naturally she knew me well and her only comment during the hearing was "I told you"

I am not forgiven at all. Do the crime and one should pay very harshly.

It is I suppose but you have to realize that I am the minority. Most people thrown there don't give a rats ass about your chances and they are just playing the system.
But, thank God that some bleeding heart liberal at least gave you a shot...eh?

You are still that person. You might choose to not hurt anyone now but you know you could if you had to. Whatever made you the way you were is still there, waiting, ready. Like a concealed weapon.
You're one of those people I spoke of. You live in an insulated bubble to protect yourself. I won't judge you for it, you're scared and unaware.

I worked in the criminal justice system for years and all the research shows that offenders provided programming and rehabilitation have lower rates of recidivism than those just thrown into prison for years with no other intervention.

Further, restorative justice (liberal bleeding heart approach to offender behavior) programs have produced even lower rates of recidivism in offenders who participate.

So I call bullshit on the premise you assert.

And I fully expect that you will call me names in response.

Yep, incarceration with programs like AA, NA, GED programs, Trade programs, etc... including programs that help with writing resumes and filling out applications, life skills... all have been proven to lower recidivism rates.

How?

I am not forgiven at all. Do the crime and one should pay very harshly.
I paid son, I paid.
I couldn't get a job, a loan or any kind of break. I had employers that hired me and took advantage of me just to get the tax credit.

I made my life. Not through government assistance but through determination.

Forum List

Back