I was there! and so was she, thank God

Sounds wonderful, Ernie...except for the asshole neighbor.
I always wanted some acreage with a smallish cabin hidden in the woods. Enjoy it dude. :)

Yes I am the one who pulled Ernie out of the mud back at Woodstock.
I wasn't sure at the time so I asked him not to go public. He honored my wishes and then a few days ago he put the picture up of him on his tractor.
I knew it was him because I recognized his eyes and nose. He did not have a beard or that long of hair at Woodstock.
I call it KARMA after all these years we meet again on the usmessageboard. :lol:

Last edited:
Great.
It was a once in a lifetime experience.
I was 16 at the time and my friends and I wanted to go. They were about 2 to 3 yrs older than me. I always did hang out with older kids than me.
Our friend who had the car had just put in new stereo speakers and he bought all of our tickets so the rest of bought the gas and food for the trip from Colo. to N.Y.
As we started out we did the same thing as Ernie and his friend and put in the 8 track of Inagodavida. It was so cool sounding.
Anyway, with a car full of 6 of us we headed out to New York. We got there early Friday morning and Friday night was the start of a lifetime experience.
Saturday night it was announced that there was bad opium out there, but many had done it before the announcement.
I was doing booze and pot but not hard drugs. I have always been allergic to many drugs so pot and booze was all I had ever done.
It was early Sunday morning and my friends and I walking by and I see this guy passed out in the mud. I shouted at him and got him woke up and then I took him arm and pulled him out. As I got him sitting up, he spit out mud and started mumbling. I knew he would be OK so I hurried off to catch up with my friends.

Fast forward to usmessageboard in Feb.
When he told his experience here and he said that a girl had saved him, I pm'd him and asked- Was she a short little shit with dishwater blond hair?
He pm'd back and said yes. We pm'd each other with about 15 or 20 messages and finally we decided it might have been me.
I wanted to keep it quiet because I wasn't sure if it was him for certain.
Then I see the picture of him on his tractor and I knew it was him for sure. I recognized his eyes and nose. He did not have a beard or that long of hair back then.
It is funny because he looks more like a hippie now than he did back then :lol:

Last edited:
I am not a hippy!

I guess I gotta set up the other computer and post a shot of me on the scooter.

OK Here's photographic proof!

Attachments

• $biker_ernie.jpg
    $biker_ernie.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 89
I went through several countercultures.
I was hanging out with beatnik's when I was 8 and then bikers when I was 13 and then hippies when I was fifteen, then after Woodstock, I graduated High school and went to collage, then I hung out with the college crowd.
I then worked in business and hung out with that crowd.
I was one who wanted to get out there and really experience life, so I did.

I went through several countercultures.
I was hanging out with beatnik's when I was 8 and then bikers when I was 13 and then hippies when I was fifteen, then after Woodstock, I graduated High school and went to collage, then I hung out with the college crowd.
I then worked in business and hung out with that crowd.
I was one who wanted to get out there and really experience life, so I did.

I went corporate a time or two since Woodstock. Hippy pretty much ended right after the Festival and drugs ended 3 years later when my son was born.
The biker thing is a logical extension of my culture/counterculture youth. I was a Boy Scout attending several nationwide events, but always the bad boy.
I jumped into "corporate" at about 40. No bike, short hair close cropped beard and 3 piece suits. I did well, I was sober and had my head back on straight after my son's death, but something was missing.
I walked into the office one morning in an Armani suit and wing tips and sat down the attache. I looked in the mirror and didn't like the man I saw looking back.
When I left work that afternoon, I called a friend who was looking to sell his seldom used Harley and hung up the suit for good. I showed up Monday morning on a motorcycle, wearing jeans and a black tee-shirt. I've never looked back.
I like the man I see in the mirror these days Life is good and the whole purpose of this thread is to acknowledge the little angel that made it all possible.

Whoa, Woodstock. Must've been cool having been around back then, when the good music was being made and the universe didn't come in a plastic box.

Cuz I gotta tell you guys, it pretty much sucks nowadays.

Pretty awesome that you guys met up here after so many decades past, though!

Whoa, Woodstock. Must've been cool having been around back then, when the good music was being made and the universe didn't come in a plastic box.

It was cool. Though if you needed information you had to go to the library which was invariably a 10 mile walk through hip deep snow and up hill both ways. Walk out the door, and you were unreachable. Break down on the road and you had to fix it yourself or walk. No cell phone to call AAA or daddy. Yup the music was great. Beatles, Stones, Cream The Dead James Brown, Aretha Franklin on and on. It was cool growing up in the 60's, but for some odd reason, I don't care for mud.

It was cool. Though if you needed information you had to go to the library which was invariably a 10 mile walk through hip deep snow and up hill both ways. Walk out the door, and you were unreachable. Break down on the road and you had to fix it yourself or walk. No cell phone to call AAA or daddy. Yup the music was great. Beatles, Stones, Cream The Dead James Brown, Aretha Franklin on and on. It was cool growing up in the 60's, but for some odd reason, I don't care for mud.

I remember woodstock. I wasn't there, but my cousins and I were dreaming about it as we stayed at my aunt's beach house. We had the radio on, but it just wasn't the same.

And if you wanted to watch a show, you had to watch it while it aired. During Wizard of Oz, everybody stayed home. And if you need to change the channel, you had to walk all the way across the living room, in 10 feet of snow, uphill, both ways, and when you got there, there weren't any of these whimpy buttons, no, you had to actually crank that channel by hand, and if you were lucky you had more than two choices of stations. And if you wanted to watch something after midnight, forget it, they all signed off.

Do you know why 7/11 is called 7/11? Because it was the first store that opened up at 7am and closed at 11pm. Finally, if you got a craving for Ice Cream at 10pm, you could actually go out and get some.

Yeah! you punks! No cable TV, no calculators either we actually had to learn multiplication tables and logarithms and how to use a slide rule.
When you changed the TV channel, sometimes you had to re-aim the antenna. Do you punks even know what a TV antenna is? Have you ever seen a test pattern. Hell have you ever seen black and white TV?

Half a million people and we all got along and helped each other out. It was awsome.It will probably never happened again.
It was definitely a once in a life time experience.
Every one of us that was there brought home a piece of New York soil with us.
I remember my friends new speakers that he got especially for the trip.
Man I had never heard Inagodadavida like that. The way the music just flowed so smoothly between the two speakers.
I agree with Ernie growing up in the sixty's was really great.
I went back to the biker crowd in the early 80's. Bikers are the best in my opinion.
That is how I met my 2nd Husband who I have been married to for 28 years.
He had to retire the Harley in 1985 because his legs could not hold the bike up any more.
We both really miss riding. There is nothing like that wind in your face and the freedom of riding your Harley.

Forum List

Back