If a fetus is a child, does that mean men should be legally required to assist a woman during her pregnancy?

Billy000 said:
Why would marriage need to be required for this?

BECAUSE BillyZERO, it is best for the child, the mother, and even the guy that did the impregnating. It just might mature him....it might make him into the man that he was supposed to be!! and it is good for society and the country. and both families too.

Aren't they? It should be encourage. My father was 17 when my sister was born. My sister's mother wasn't my mother but she was 15. I just went to my nieces wedding a month ago. I just can't imagine how people thing abortion isn't a last resort option.

This is kinda off topic and I'll leave it be if too far but I don't understand why marriage has to be an agreement between two adults AND the government.

I really see no reason for the government to be involved.
I'm not sure I've ever agreed with you before, but I do now.

Let churches, or secular organizations, or bird watching clubs, or whoever one chooses, perform marriage ceremonies. The government has no need to "license" us to marry, that is a holdover from when regular people were property of the kings. Let each individual legally declare anyone they want as next of kin for purposes of their estate and medical permissions.

Not trolling at all...all part of the "person-hood begins at con-ception [sic]" package.

The OP clearly meant the idea of a man taking responsibility of his child from conception as an argument against recognizing the humanity of that child. I don't think he expected anyone to agree with the basic premise that yes, from conception, a man ought to be responsible for his own child, and for the mothers of his child.

The problem with this argument is not that the child is not human, from conception, but that the OP (and apparently you, as well) is too immature and too averse to the very concept of responsibility to accept that yes, from conception, a child is the responsibility of his father as well as his mother.

Last edited:
oh I dont know,, maybe parental responsibilities,, its worked for thousands of yrs and only in the last 100 where thats been abandoned have children turned into a mess,,
This is so moronic. Regardless of how she got pregnant, the entire point is taking care of this future child. God conservatives are stupid lol

The OP clearly meant the idea of a man taking responsibility of his child from conception as an argument against recognizing the humanity of tha child. I don't think he expected anyone to agree with the basic premise that yes, from conception, a man ought to be responsible for his own child, and for the mothers of his child.

The problem with this argument is not that the child is not human, from conception, but that the OP (and apparently yo, as well) is too immature and too averse to the very concept of responsibility to accept that yes, from conception, a child is the responsibility of his father as well as his mother.
That’s bullshit. This thread is full of morons who are requiring that they be married.

He's falling for the liberal idea that men are a bunch of assholes who get girls pregnant and then don't support them or the baby, while also attending anti-abortion rallies.

In truth, many men - especially college age men - are assholes who get women pregnant and then pressure them to have an abortion, to avoid responsibility. Pressure from partners is by far the leading reason women give for seeking abortions.

It's a nasty feedback loop. It was the very acceptance of abortion that led to men wrongfully thinking that it is OK to evade this responsibility. And the refusal immature men to take responsibility drives the demand for abortion.

And this cycle has resulted in about sixty million deaths of innocent children—the equivalent of nearly four Nazi Holocausts.

Less pregnancies is truly the answer to all of this. The run on plan b and other contraception bodes incredibly well for the nation. There will be less kids conceived, born, and abortion goes away. See how it all works?

Marriage is becoming less and less emphasized. Capitalism is all about making the dollar and nothing else. Don't complain when birth rates drop more and more. People want to enjoy life. Cannot blame them.

Forum List

Back