If American flag burning okay, what about bibles and koran?

Clementine

Platinum Member
Dec 18, 2011
Is it okay to burn a Mexican flag? A bible? A koran?

If you find it acceptable to burn the American flag, then isn't it also freedom of speech to burn those other things?

Of course, libs will immediately cry hate speech. Burning the koran will cause the deaths of many innocents and it will be the fault of those insulting them, not the murderers. It's because they don't care about the intentions of those doing the burning, only about the certain reaction of some Muslims. It's the opposite when someone burns the American flag. No matter how offended you are, you are asked to respect their right to express themselves. Why aren't Muslims expected to respect others? And since the left is aware that many Muslims here on our soil will attack over the most minor insult, why no concern about bringing more in?

Why can't you burn a Mexican flag to protest the way the Mexican government refuses to take care of it's people?

Why can't you burn a koran for the way Muslims deny women's rights?

Why is it okay to insult an entire country or all Christians, but when it comes to Hispanics or Muslims, the left calls it hate speech?

Only libs fly into a rage when they see a Confederate flag and yet say they have a right to free speech when they illegally start fires on city streets by burning the American flags. Freedom of speech is not selective. It's a right.

If you find it acceptable to burn the American flag, then isn't it also freedom of speech to burn those other things?

Of course, libs will immediately cry hate speech. Burning the koran will cause the deaths of many innocents and it will be the fault of those insulting them, not the murderers.

Why can't you burn a Mexican flag to protest the way the Mexican government refuses to take care of it's people?

Why is it okay to insult an entire country or all Christians, but when it comes to Hispanics or Muslims, the left calls it hate speech?

Only libs fly into a rage when they see a Confederate flag and yet say they have a right to free speech when they illegally start fires on city streets by burning the American flags. Freedom of speech is not selective. It's a right.
Sure. Burn whatever the fuck you want to burn, just make sure it isn't my property that you are burning, or that you are burning it on my property.

If certain factions of the left think it's OK to desecrate the Flag you can bet your ass they won't find a problem with burning he Bible. For some reason the American left seems protective of the Koran though.

Of course, libs will immediately cry hate speech. Burning the koran will cause the deaths of many innocents and it will be the fault of those insulting them, not the murderers.

The left burns Bibles all the time.

Burning the Koran is forbidden, because Islam is favored, but Bibles are fine to burn.

Of course, libs will immediately cry hate speech. Burning the koran will cause the deaths of many innocents and it will be the fault of those insulting them, not the murderers. It's because they don't care about the intentions of those doing the burning, only about the certain reaction of some Muslims. It's the opposite when someone burns the American flag. No matter how offended you are, you are asked to respect their right to express themselves. Why aren't Muslims expected to respect others? And since the left is aware that many Muslims here on our soil will attack over the most minor insult, why no concern about bringing more in?

Exactly. Mexico is dumping their poorest, dumbest, and criminal citizens on our doorstep.

If I wish to exercise my "free speech" rights and burn the Mexican flag in downtown Detroit, I can tell you exactly what will happen. I'll be arrested for SOMETHING. Lighting a fire,inciting a riot, or SOMETHING.

I do believe under the Trump administration, they will find a reason to make it difficult for the America haters to engage in this form of "free speech."

think that you can legally burn anything that you personally own in the USA . Gotta jump through the hoops and technicalities though so get that burn permit so that you aren't arrested for illegal burning . [as i roll my eyes]

^ Two words: whacko bird.

^ Typical lib who only knows how to insult and run. The debate now is whether it's okay to burn the American flag. The left seems to support it. Also, I have never once heard a liberal say it was wrong to insult Christians or burn a bible.

Yet, they claim it's racist to burn a Mexican flag and they forbid the burning of the koran because it results in the murder of people and the fault lies with the ones doing the offending. That is whacko.

We can't continue to have two sets of rules.

With the American flag and bible burning, they cite intent and say it's freedom of speech. The ones burning the flag can attach any meaning they want to it and everyone is supposed to accept it. Anyone against it is called intolerant.

With koran or Mexican flag burnings, the left cites reactions to it and say it's a hate crime. Anyone for it is called intolerant.

It comes down to picking on Americans and Christians is okay but picking on Mexicans and Muslims is bad.

Can you tell the difference between legal and 'okay'?

I don't think it is 'okay' to burn the flag, the bible or the koran- but it is legal.

I don't agree with the people who want to burn the flag, or the bible or the koran, but I will support their right to do so.

think that you can legally burn anything that you personally own in the USA . Gotta jump through the hoops and technicalities though so get that burn permit so that you aren't arrested for illegal burning . [as i roll my eyes]
Do it during a BLM march and you're covered. ;)

Make sure you say "Mexico (or Muslims) hate black people" before lighting up just to be sure you're protected.

Remember......hilary wanted to punish flag burners with fines and jail long before Trump did his tweet......And she put out legislation to do it too....

Didn't someone recently get prison time for burning a rainbow flag?

you can probably only get away with it in the USA and maybe a handful of Western Countrys. I wouldnt try that in Mexico, theyd probably put you in prison. In Mexico they can put you in jail I think for up to a year without Pressing charges, hey maybe thats why Mexicans flock here,... because the US is so oppressive to them

Boy Scouts are the worst offenders when it comes to flag burning.

Do it during a BLM march and you're covered. ;)

Make sure you say "Mexico (or Muslims) hate black people" before lighting up just to be sure you're protected.

Ever been to Mexico?

Mexicans really DO hate black people. Most racist country I've ever been to.

Forum List

Back