If Christians are allowed to discriminate against gays ...

Should gays be allowed to discriminate against Christians?

• Seems fair to me.

• No, only religious people should be protected.

Results are only viewable after voting.
That is the purpose of the Bible.... easy as that

Hmmm... if that's the case, do you want to be the one to break the bad news to the almighty or should I?

… the "sin banning" device needs to be redesigned 'cause it doesn't work worth a damn.

It works wonderfully.
Then how come there is still sin in the world?

It doesn't work if you don't adhere to it, however.
If it's voluntary it's not a ban, it's a suggestion.

One would think that an all knowing, all powerful divine being that created the Universe would be able to manage abolishing something that "he cannot tolerate" so that it could no longer exist. :dunno:

"Well, of course. I am the Supreme Being, I'm not entirely dim... " --- The Supreme Being, Time Bandits
The passion of Christ... look it up.
The Bible explains it perfectly, And it’s available to everybody… No exclusions simple as that

"Look it up" does that mean you don't know what it is and want me to find the answer for you?

Maybe I need to find a Christian that actually knows something about Christianity to answer the simple question of why God doesn't just ban something it supposedly "cannot tolerate".
To ban it, HE would have to eliminate everyone and everything. GOD chose to do it another way to save His elect.

Hmmm... if that's the case, do you want to be the one to break the bad news to the almighty or should I?

… the "sin banning" device needs to be redesigned 'cause it doesn't work worth a damn.

It works wonderfully.

One would think that an all knowing, all powerful divine being that created the Universe would be able to manage abolishing something that "he cannot tolerate" so that it could no longer exist. :dunno:

"Well, of course. I am the Supreme Being, I'm not entirely dim... " --- The Supreme Being, Time Bandits
The Bible explains it perfectly, And it’s available to everybody… No exclusions simple as that

"Look it up" does that mean you don't know what it is and want me to find the answer for you?

Maybe I need to find a Christian that actually knows something about Christianity to answer the simple question of why God doesn't just ban something it supposedly "cannot tolerate".
To ban it, HE would have to eliminate everyone and everything. GOD chose to do it another way to save His elect.
Gods ways are not our ways...

The whole thing has went over your head obviously… It’s a Christian thing you may not understand.:itsok:

And there's no need to understand. The whole point of religious freedom is that personal beliefs don't need to be justified to government, or anyone else. We should be free to hold those beliefs, and act on them, regardless of how nonsensical they might seem to others.
Yep, Christianity is a faith and is forced on nobody.
Unlike religion

You've got it backwards, Christianity is a religion.

Faith can exist with or without religion.
Na, religion is man-made…
Christianity is a faith, a faith thru grace alone....

:rolleyes: Jesus needs to hurry up and get his ass back here because his followers are confused as hell.

Faith is belief in something for which there is an absence of proof, it doesn't require esoteric dogma, all sorts of convoluted rules and funny hats to exist.

.....and Christianity is "man-made" and it's a religion.

It works wonderfully.

I'm glad He knows what He's doing. His ways are the best.

The whole thing has went over your head obviously… It’s a Christian thing you may not understand.:itsok:

And there's no need to understand. The whole point of religious freedom is that personal beliefs don't need to be justified to government, or anyone else. We should be free to hold those beliefs, and act on them, regardless of how nonsensical they might seem to others.
Unlike religion

:rolleyes: Jesus needs to hurry up and get his ass back here because his followers are confused as hell.

Faith is belief in something for which there is an absence of proof, it doesn't require esoteric dogma, all sorts of convoluted rules and funny hats to exist.

Lol
Na, Religions are all man-made therefore are worthless. But then again you obviously are not interested in the peace that passes all understanding… at this time
Christianity is the one and only faith....

Unlike religion

Lol
Na, Religions are all man-made therefore are worthless. But then again you obviously are not interested in the peace that passes all understanding… at this time

Is it the only faith should be protected from government interference?

I'm glad He knows what He's doing. His ways are the best.
Yep, Anybody can be religious at anything... I know a guy that when he mows his yard he does it in reverse every other time… That’s a religion

It works wonderfully.

To ban it, HE would have to eliminate everyone and everything. .

In other words, he doesn't want to acknowledge his creation is flawed and intolerable and just start over?

GOD chose to do it another way to save His elect
Unfortunately the way it chose to do it doesn't work.

Unlike religion

Lol

I think the government should stay out of all personal matters, what that covers is up to the individual.

It works wonderfully.

To ban it, HE would have to eliminate everyone and everything. .

In other words, he doesn't want to acknowledge his creation is flawed and intolerable and just start over?

GOD chose to do it another way to save His elect
Unfortunately the way it chose to do it doesn't work.
Like I said it’s a Christian thing you may not understand... :cryhug_1_:

Lol

I think the government should stay out of all personal matters, what that covers is up to the individual.

Agreed. That's why I think the religious/faith aspect of this issue is entirely irrelevant. People should be allowed their biases, regardless of how foolish we might think they are. The whole idea of trying to abolish bigotry with government invites totalitarian government and should be avoided.

Unlike religion

Lol
Na, Religions are all man-made therefore are worthless.
Uh-huh, that's what all adherents to <%insert your religion here%> say.....

It's one of the many reasons why I have plenty of faith and no religion.

It is still a man and a woman. It's not like it was a wedding between two perverts.
Is that what Jesus said? Divorce is only okay if you're straight?
I think it's ok as long as you're not Catholic.

Not according to Jesus.

I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.
Which brings us to our pervert President
Says a Clinton supporter
rusty only clinton didn't brag about it and was only married once,,,and from the looks of it trumps number 3 can't stand him either

Lol

Agreed. That's why I think the religious/faith aspect of this issue is entirely irrelevant. People should be allowed their biases, regardless of how foolish we might think they are. The whole idea of trying to abolish bigotry with government invites totalitarian government and should be avoided.
Yes, the federal government is way beyond flawed, so why should they have any standing in personal lives…
There is no good in the collective

There is nothing in the SC ruling that says businesses can now discriminate against whomever, whenever they want to. It says that the Christian man's beliefs should be taken into consideration TOO.

Unlike religion

Lol
Na, Religions are all man-made therefore are worthless.
Uh-huh, that's what all adherents to <%insert your religion here%> say.....

It's one of the many reasons why I have plenty of faith and no religion.
Religion is 100% man-made, always will be always has been

Is that what Jesus said? Divorce is only okay if you're straight?

Not according to Jesus.

I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.
Says a Clinton supporter
rusty only clinton didn't brag about it and was only married once,,,and from the looks of it trumps number 3 can't stand him either
The Clintons are the most repugnant people on the planet, their behavior proves it

Not according to Jesus.

Says a Clinton supporter
The Clintons are the most repugnant people on the planet, their behavior proves it
The Lord hates bullshit artists

There is nothing in the SC ruling that says businesses can now discriminate against whomever, whenever they want to. It says that the Christian man's beliefs should be taken into consideration TOO.

Right. I really didn't intend for this to be discussion of the ruling, but more the overall way we handle civil rights law. Picking and choosing which biases are allowed, and which aren't, is not a proper use of government, in my opinion.

Forum List

Back