CDZ If cops must wear cameras for their behavior, should teachers also have cameras in the classroom?

This article brought this idea up.....

I think you either make teachers wear a camera that broadcasts live each day or put one in their classroom that parents can punch up on their computers and phones......

As they tell the cops...this will keep teachers safe, and make the students behave better......

Plus, if any of them mention that racism exists in this country, you can punish those teachers.

Class room cameras aren't 'illegal'; that's just stupid.

How Many K-12 Schools Have Security Cameras, Controlled Access?​

Recent data from the Indicators of School Crime and Safety found a 315% increase in K-12 public schools that have security cameras.
DA op-ed: Surveillance cameras in school

According to the National Center for Education Statistics, more than 80 percent of public schools—and more than 94 percent of high schools—in the U.S. used security cameras to monitor students during the 2015-2016 school year, nearly doubling the number of schools using cameras a decade earlier.

This article goes on to dream up a lot of dumbassery about assorted' rights n stuff'.

Cameras are in hallways, outside restrooms, and at points of entrance or egress, not inside classrooms.

There are cameras all over most schools. To put cameras in every classroom would mean getting a waiver agreeing to be filmed by every student's family. A great many would not agree. A great many.

You'd make a lot of lawyers rich though.

The family of any of my students (or anyone else in the community) is more than welcome in my classroom any time. Unannounced. Most teachers I know feel the same. It's a public school after all. During parent-teacher conferences I show the students families my curriculum for the year and go over each part in as much detail as they like. I translate my curricula into several different languages to accommodate different families. No secrets, no 'brainwashing,' no outrage.
Who said anything about filming the kids? Keep the camera focused on the teacher. What's wrong with archiving classes so parents could watch in the evening if they wish? Not every parent can miss work to attend daytime classes or make it before or after school.

This article brought this idea up.....

I think you either make teachers wear a camera that broadcasts live each day or put one in their classroom that parents can punch up on their computers and phones......

As they tell the cops...this will keep teachers safe, and make the students behave better......

I think those counting the votes as well should be wearing cameras.

Put a camera on all people private sector or public sector so that way the boss knows when the worker is not dying for them.

Not really. Giving busy parents an additional avenue to see their children's educational development is worth a few inconveniences.
The parents of my students are more than welcome in my classroom any time. If they can't make it in, I have made it clear that I am available for communication at any time and in any form that fits their schedule.

The parents of my students are more than welcome in my classroom any time. If they can't make it in, I have made it clear that I am available for communication at any time and in any form that fits their schedule.
Not every teacher is so diligent, just as most cops aren't bad. Yet here we are. No reason for parents not to have greater access to their children's education.

Forum List

Back