If democrats aren't using the virus as a political weapon how come...

He's lying to the public. How is that calming?

Your anecdotal story is really crap. Who knows why she was wearing a mask. Even in the best of times some people with compromised immune systems wear masks. Still is no excuse for lying to the public.

It's predicted that this is going to reach the millions. It's time to face that possibility.

Possibility? Yes. Probability? No. As I posted per link, China for the second time is already recording less new cases being discovered. As for the woman wearing the mask, that's something I've never seen here, and I've been living here all of my life.
Yes, probability. There is no vaccine. It's in the community and passes easily from person to person. As for China. China closed down all travel of over 30 million people to contain it. They had and did test profusely to chart and isolate it.
That doesn't exactly look encouraging to me. Yes if you are quick to test and answer with Draconian measures you can eventually get a level of containment. Neither of which is being done in the US.

Not only that even in China health experts can't guarantee this won't flair up the moment restrictions are lifted.

So is that what we should do here, just close everything down and isolate people?
Depends how quickly you want this to spread. You can not at the same time make statements about how you don't believe this virus will hit millions, citing the situation in China as corroborating information and at the same time object to the measures China took to prevent it from hitting millions.

I can't see shutting down the entire US over a virus that is not causing any huge amount of deaths. Take precautions? Yes, you always should with or without the virus. The flu killed over 16,000 Americans so far this year, many of them in the same jeopardy statistics as those who could die from this thing.
The flu has a mortality rate of 0.1 percent. This thing 2 percent. In Italy, as we speak ICU units are being overwhelmed by it. If 10 million in the US catch it 200000 will die. This is not the flu.

What do we expect of our President in a crisis?
We expect him to protect us to the best of his ability. We expect him to be honest about the threat. We expect him to put our health above his own political interests.

In this regard, Trump has failed miserably.

Oh please. Like Trump really needs this job. For crying out loud, he's not even really getting paid for it.

Our President is doing everything possible. Because the MSM IS politicizing this, they fill your heads with all kinds of bullshit. No, this is not a crisis. 22 deaths is not a crisis. As I stated before, more people get shot in Chicago on a holiday weekend than have died from this thing.
Trumps ego needs the job.

Our President has blundered in his response to the crisis. Mostly because he lied to Americans about the severity.

What lied? Only 22 people have died thus far. He set up isolation stations for people coming back to the US. He instituted a travel ban in late January. He's trying to get a tax free holiday passed to strengthen the economy. WTF else do you want him to do? He's not Jesus Christ, he's a US President.

Trump told us there were only 15 infected in the US and that number would quickly go to zero.

The infection rate is accelerating with no end in sight

And when did he say that, when there were actually only 15 infected?

No end in sight? As I posted, China (the originator of the virus) is reporting a reduction of new cases for the second time, and the virus is only a couple of months old.

Trump said that 15 would be going to zero in a few weeks, it didn’t.

How would Trump and Republicans have responded if this virus had occurred under Obama?

Would they have rallied around the President for the good of the country?

Oh please. Like Trump really needs this job. For crying out loud, he's not even really getting paid for it.

Our President is doing everything possible. Because the MSM IS politicizing this, they fill your heads with all kinds of bullshit. No, this is not a crisis. 22 deaths is not a crisis. As I stated before, more people get shot in Chicago on a holiday weekend than have died from this thing.

Our President has blundered in his response to the crisis. Mostly because he lied to Americans about the severity.

What lied? Only 22 people have died thus far. He set up isolation stations for people coming back to the US. He instituted a travel ban in late January. He's trying to get a tax free holiday passed to strengthen the economy. WTF else do you want him to do? He's not Jesus Christ, he's a US President.

Trump told us there were only 15 infected in the US and that number would quickly go to zero.

No end in sight? As I posted, China (the originator of the virus) is reporting a reduction of new cases for the second time, and the virus is only a couple of months old.

No it didn't. And DumBama told us our health insurance would go down by $2,500 a year per family. He told us all his plans would be quality plans and affordable to every American.

There is a difference between telling an all out lie, and taking a guess.

Possibility? Yes. Probability? No. As I posted per link, China for the second time is already recording less new cases being discovered. As for the woman wearing the mask, that's something I've never seen here, and I've been living here all of my life.
Yes, probability. There is no vaccine. It's in the community and passes easily from person to person. As for China. China closed down all travel of over 30 million people to contain it. They had and did test profusely to chart and isolate it.
That doesn't exactly look encouraging to me. Yes if you are quick to test and answer with Draconian measures you can eventually get a level of containment. Neither of which is being done in the US.

Not only that even in China health experts can't guarantee this won't flair up the moment restrictions are lifted.

So is that what we should do here, just close everything down and isolate people?
Depends how quickly you want this to spread. You can not at the same time make statements about how you don't believe this virus will hit millions, citing the situation in China as corroborating information and at the same time object to the measures China took to prevent it from hitting millions.

I can't see shutting down the entire US over a virus that is not causing any huge amount of deaths. Take precautions? Yes, you always should with or without the virus. The flu killed over 16,000 Americans so far this year, many of them in the same jeopardy statistics as those who could die from this thing.
The flu has a mortality rate of 0.1 percent. This thing 2 percent. In Italy, as we speak ICU units are being overwhelmed by it. If 10 million in the US catch it 200000 will die. This is not the flu.

It all depends on who catches it. Younger people are not a problem. It's elderly people and those who already have chronic medical problems that face any kind of danger from it.

How would Trump and Republicans have responded if this virus had occurred under Obama?

Would they have rallied around the President for the good of the country?

No, because DumBama would have probably done nothing until things got dire.

Very true

Even when we were in the worst recession in 75 years, the Republicans did everything possible to make sure the economy failed.

EVERY Republican voted against the Recovery Act

No it didn't. And DumBama told us our health insurance would go down by $2,500 a year per family. He told us all his plans would be quality plans and affordable to every American.

It was an early prediction made long before Obamacare passed

They were quality plans. You are the one complaining that people were forced to give up marginal plans and take quality plans

That's all they talk about now? Trump this, pence that and the entire gop is the brunt of the covid ranting.
The market crashes every other day and that causes celebratory threads.

Y'all are a terrible bunch

The entire world is talking about it. When Trump talks about it (usually on a daily basis) is he using it against himself? It's a stupid argument, we're dealing with a legit pandemic. Schools and public events are being closed, of course people are going to fucking talk about it.

Everything is closing because of the Democratic Media push to have sensationalized reporting.
Not the other way around.

They were quality plans. You are the one complaining that people were forced to give up marginal plans and take quality plans

Nope
They were just lies.
Not even good ones.

His plans were shit. I never had insurance so crappy in my life compared to what Commie Care was offering. Don't tell me he didn't know. How could you not know? Don't give me this garbage they had to pass it to see what was in it.

His plans were shit. I never had insurance so crappy in my life compared to what Commie Care was offering. Don't tell me he didn't know. How could you not know? Don't give me this garbage they had to pass it to see what was in it.
Some states did a better job setting up Healthcare Exchanges than others. Your state for example

Why don’t you tell us again how your employer screwed you on healthcare coverage and blamed Obama

That's all they talk about now? Trump this, pence that and the entire gop is the brunt of the covid ranting.
The market crashes every other day and that causes celebratory threads.

Y'all are a terrible bunch
This is what war is like. Much of it is propaganda. The democrats are full of it.

Some states did a better job setting up Healthcare Exchanges than others. Your state for example

Why don’t you tell us again how your employer screwed you on healthcare coverage and blamed Obama

Sure. I had employer sponsored coverage my entire adult life. The day Commie Care started, my employer (like so many others) dropped our coverage. Rates went so high they were no longer affordable.

When I sought other jobs, they were all the same; no health insurance coverage. While it's been many years since I went on a job hunt, it's something I never experienced before. Most companies offered coverage because that was the only way to get employees. Commie Care gave employers the ability to not have to deal with health insurance any longer.

Sure. I had employer sponsored coverage my entire adult life. The day Commie Care started, my employer (like so many others) dropped our coverage. Rates went so high they were no longer affordable.

When I sought other jobs, they were all the same; no health insurance coverage. While it's been many years since I went on a job hunt, it's something I never experienced before. Most companies offered coverage because that was the only way to get employees. Commie Care gave employers the ability to not have to deal with health insurance any longer.
I personally support decoupling health insurance from employment.

Just think, why would you want to have to pick a job based on the type of insurance offered? Employers only offer a handful of plans, why be forced to chose from such limited options?

Just think, why would you want to have to pick a job based on the type of insurance offered? Employers only offer a handful of plans, why be forced to chose from such limited options?

Nothing limits you more than Commie Care. Most of the plans are unaffordable. Do you know how many companies they offer for my care giver? One. That's it, just one company, and their plans are unaffordable. No competition, just one insurance company.

Your employer is a prick

Why do you work for him? Hate to tell ya, but millions of employers continued to cover their employees after Obamacare

Now, if you only had a union, you would have been covered

Nothing limits you more than Commie Care. Most of the plans are unaffordable. Do you know how many companies they offer for my care giver? One. That's it, just one company, and their plans are unaffordable. No competition, just one insurance company.

Find a cheaper doctor.

There’s no guarantee a prospective employer would cover your caregiver either.

Forum List

Back