If God doesn't exist...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to define God. What are its qualities?
You have to define God. What are their qualities?

You have the freedom to define God in any way that suits you. I am not saying there is or isn't a God. I am saying the definition will always be subjective; it will only be meaningful to the eye of the beholder.

You have the freedom to define God in any way that suits you.

so much for the death of liberation theology ...

I am saying the definition will always be subjective; it will only be meaningful to the eye of the beholder.

obviously you have never stubbed your toe, there is reality whether people believe it or not.

The spiritual created the temporary/mortal world.
All mortal creatures were created by their spiritual selves.
where has it ever been demonstrated an interchangeability exists for a mortal. what value would it be for the Spiritual.

Oh god, this stupid shit.. Who created god? It's a infinite cycle both ways, I just don't give a fuck.
And that is exactly why you are going to Hell. Maybe you should start...Giving a f**K, that is.

You have the freedom to define God in any way that suits you. I am not saying there is or isn't a God. I am saying the definition will always be subjective; it will only be meaningful to the eye of the beholder.

I am saying the definition will always be subjective; it will only be meaningful to the eye of the beholder.

obviously you have never stubbed your toe, there is reality whether people believe it or not.

where has it ever been demonstrated an interchangeability exists for a mortal. what value would it be for the Spiritual.
The spiritual is consciousness---eternal consciousness, more specifically, it is composed of individual thinking-feeling entities, each of whom is perfectly equal to all others. What are these thinkers to think about for eternity? They were never born or created, have always existed, so what are they to think about for eternity? So they use their imaginations and collectively conceive, imagine, design and then manifest temporary worlds with temporary storylines and temporary roleplaying lives. Now, in order for those lives to seem "real", the thinkers have to voluntarily forget the truth of what they are. This amnesia creates the experience of Mystery so that we find ourselves in the authentic experience of wondering how we got here, what's expected of us whilst we are here, and what happens when we die. The value of this experience for the spirit is the escape of the eternal crush of conscious boredom. Without dreamgames like this one we are in at the moment, we would be eternally bored...to distraction.

Sounds really hypocritical. I'm not the one believing ancient Sumerian mythical texts. Most were written to promote how great the King was during that time. And you have your timelines mixed up. There is no overlap with the millions of years you mention with the first humans Adam and Eve. Where the evidence first appears is with Cain and Abel. Sumerian records show the line of Cain and the farming tools which they used for farming. The Sumerians were the first migrant people and they built a great urban civilization in Sumer along with Egyptians in Egypt.

You're not the one believing ancient Mesopotamian text timelines, yet you agree?

The ice age, and then therefore the subsequent flood the created floods, occurred well before the Sumerian civilization.

And the Sumerian civilization started 6000 years ago.

Your 6000-yr-Earther theory is only based on the fact that recorded history started 6000 years ago, by the Sumerians when they learned how to write and started "civilization" as we know it.

But they wrote about much more ancient times as well. Including the "Great Flood" and "Genesis", thousands of years before them, and described the people just like the OT ended up describing them in 2000 BC (2000 years AFTER the Sumerians). And those original stories go well past the 6000 yr threshold necessary to prove your theory as religious fanaticism.

And then... we get to the NT, and Jesus....

I love Jesus! I roll the way that I think he should have rolled...

But the reality is that he probably did not exist. At least not the way we are told....

Jump to 4:30 to save yourself... :)

But listen to it afterwards. Closely...

The spiritual is consciousness---eternal consciousness, more specifically, it is composed of individual thinking-feeling entities, each of whom is perfectly equal to all others. What are these thinkers to think about for eternity? They were never born or created, have always existed, so what are they to think about for eternity? So they use their imaginations and collectively conceive, imagine, design and then manifest temporary worlds with temporary storylines and temporary roleplaying lives. Now, in order for those lives to seem "real", the thinkers have to voluntarily forget the truth of what they are. This amnesia creates the experience of Mystery so that we find ourselves in the authentic experience of wondering how we got here, what's expected of us whilst we are here, and what happens when we die. The value of this experience for the spirit is the escape of the eternal crush of conscious boredom. Without dreamgames like this one we are in at the moment, we would be eternally bored...to distraction.
The spiritual is consciousness---eternal consciousness, more specifically, it is composed of individual thinking-feeling entities, each of whom is perfectly equal to all others.

has the Spirit ever stubbed its toe ... is a stone Spiritual.

what about the cyclone Good vs Evil ....

The ice age, and then therefore the subsequent flood the created floods, occurred well before the Sumerian civilization.

Your 6000-yr-Earther theory is only based on the fact that recorded history started 6000 years ago, by the Sumerians when they learned how to write and started "civilization" as we know it.

But they wrote about much more ancient times as well. Including the "Great Flood" and "Genesis", thousands of years before them, and described the people just like the OT ended up describing them in 2000 BC (2000 years AFTER the Sumerians). And those original stories go well past the 6000 yr threshold necessary to prove your theory as religious fanaticism.

Which ice age model are you using?

Creation scientists have not reached a consensus on one ice age model. From AIG: "Differences between the models have no major bearing on the overall timescale of a straightforward reading of Scriptures, i.e., the Flood of Genesis 6, which occurred roughly 4300 years ago, brought on one major Ice Age that lasted a few hundred years." Big Bone Lick is the other ice age model. The scientists agree that the the plants and animals, such as the woolly mammoth and saber-tooth cat, associated with the layers fit the Pleistocene. I assume you're using this model. However, they estimate the time to around 2250 BC or 150 years post flood. Moreover, AIG states, "According to old-age assumptions about radiometric dating, the deposits were laid between 2.6 million years and 11,700 years ago (9,700 BC). As the term Ice Age is used in science publications, its end does not refer to the melting of the ice sheets, but to the rising world temperatures that started the dramatic and relentless retreat of the ice."

[/QUOTE]

has the Spirit ever stubbed its toe ... is a stone Spiritual.

what about the cyclone Good vs Evil ....

.[/QUOTE]

What is real cannot be threatened, bullied, harmed or destroyed. The only real thing is perfect eternal conscious energy. Evil is merely an illusion within an illusory world. The spirits in them thar human suits are not harmed by any horrors or pain or deaths they go through. Yes, pain hurts humans. No, pain does not hurt spirits. They are perfect eternal conscious energy. In this particular mortal world, our storylines are dominated by contrasts, polarities, and opposites. All stories contain pain & misfortune---call it Evil if you want to. Evil people, no matter how evil, wake up in their Homestate of Awareness alive & well just like the "good" people. When the Game is over, both the King and the Pawns go back into the same box.

Which ice age model are you using?

Creation scientists have not reached a consensus on one ice age model. From AIG: "Differences between the models have no major bearing on the overall timescale of a straightforward reading of Scriptures, i.e., the Flood of Genesis 6, which occurred roughly 4300 years ago, brought on one major Ice Age that lasted a few hundred years." Big Bone Lick is the other ice age model. The scientists agree that the the plants and animals, such as the woolly mammoth and saber-tooth cat, associated with the layers fit the Pleistocene. I assume you're using this model. However, they estimate the time to around 2250 BC or 150 years post flood. Moreover, AIG states, "According to old-age assumptions about radiometric dating, the deposits were laid between 2.6 million years and 11,700 years ago (9,700 BC). As the term Ice Age is used in science publications, its end does not refer to the melting of the ice sheets, but to the rising world temperatures that started the dramatic and relentless retreat of the ice."

I'm using the only ice age timeline known to science, which means it ended about 12,000 years ago, like your post says. If fanatics made up their own end-date to suit their plagiarized texts and made-up religions, there's not much I can say about that....

Sometimes the quotes you paste actually increase my argument. :)

That puts the floods at about 10,000 BC, which is in line with what the Sumerian King timeline shows. And makes the Earth older than 6000 years.

Unless the devil created those cuneiform tablets to fool us...

I expected as much. Atheist science as dogma arguments. One can't exactly argue religion with an atheist.

Evil is merely an illusion within an illusory world.

matter, a stone transcends both the metaphysical and physical universes and why would illusory not be the same for both as well. that's why there is an Almighty as the existence of evil pervades both and by the present authority is made inert, where it counts. all hail the Almighty ...

Evil people, no matter how evil, wake up in their Homestate of Awareness alive & well just like the "good" people.

not so quick, sporty - your dream may be your last.

matter, a stone transcends both the metaphysical and physical universes and why would illusory not be the same for both as well. that's why there is an Almighty as the existence of evil pervades both and by the present authority is made inert, where it counts. all hail the Almighty ...

Evil people, no matter how evil, wake up in their Homestate of Awareness alive & well just like the "good" people.

You are incorrect. A stone is an illusory object in an illusory world. It transcends nothing because it is essentially nothing.

There is no Almighty other than your spiritual self.

Evil is an ugly act that you don't like. Evil kills the meat & veggies you eat. Evil is you when you hit or rape your children. Evil is you when you put a rope around a dog's throat and go walkies. Evil is you when you hit an animal with your car and don't stop to help it. But your evil is limited to this illusion. This is the place to be evil. In all of Heaven, you have found the place of Evil---and you are smack in the middle of it. We are brothers of hate & hell. Let's get it on, tiger!

You are incorrect. A stone is an illusory object in an illusory world. It transcends nothing because it is essentially nothing.

Evil is an ugly act that you don't like. Evil kills the meat & veggies you eat. Evil is you when you hit or rape your children. Evil is you when you put a rope around a dog's throat and go walkies. Evil is you when you hit an animal with your car and don't stop to help it. But your evil is limited to this illusion. This is the place to be evil. In all of Heaven, you have found the place of Evil---and you are smack in the middle of it. We are brothers of hate & hell. Let's get it on, tiger!
Evil is nothing more, or less, than disobedience to God.

Define "God".
Seriously.
You pretend to the world that you are a literate person---use words, simple & easy words to define this "God" you speak of.
Oh sure, you think you've had this argument a million times---you have not. You have NEVER properly & adequately defined your "God".
I seriously doubt you can even describe this God---but that's what you are being challenged to do: Describe & define this "God".
Describe & define & defend.
I reckon you cannot.
Until you can, you are not a true believer. Just a mouthpiece who pretends to have a religious point of view.

Define "God".
Seriously.
You pretend to the world that you are a literate person---use words, simple & easy words to define this "God" you speak of.
Oh sure, you think you've had this argument a million times---you have not. You have NEVER properly & adequately defined your "God".
I seriously doubt you can even describe this God---but that's what you are being challenged to do: Describe & define this "God".
I reckon you cannot.
Until you can, you are not a true believer. Just a mouthpiece who pretends to have a religious point of view.
I don't have to define, or defend, God. He has revealed Himself to us through Scripture. But since you asked... GOD, the Creator of space and time, sent His only Son to die on the Cross, in order to save me; a sinner. If I was the only person to ever exist, I believe that he would still die for me. He loves me that much. That is MY God. What God do YOU worship?

Define "God".
Seriously.
I reckon you cannot.
I don't have to define, or defend, God. He has revealed Himself to us through Scripture. But since you asked... GOD, the Creator of space and time, sent His only Son to die on the Cross, in order to save me; a sinner. If I was the only person to ever exist, I believe that he would still die for me. He loves me that much. That is MY God. What God do YOU worship?

Brother, if you fell down in front of me tonight, I would extend a hand to help you up. If I saw people beating on you, I would phone 911 and rush to your aid yelling & screaming. I am 6' 10", 345 pounds.

I wish I could reach you intellectually. You have not defined God because you have no definition. You don't even seem capable to understand the simple request. I am your child. I have just heard about this thing called death.It is scary. And you mention God, but you don't tell me what this god can do or can't do. I cannot embrace what I cannot picture or understand. Is God like you, daddy? What can God do and what can't he do? Why did he make me? Why did he make me capable of evil? Why would he hold me to the sins of Adam & Eve? Why would he send my brother Jesus to be crucified for my sins? I don't want anyone crucified for my sins. I'd rather burn in Hell than have someone pay for my sins with a gruesome death.

But I have digressed.

Seriously, brother, saying a book defines your God is not good enough. You should at least be able to tell a child what God is, can do, can't do, will do, won't do. You should be able to tell a child why God made you, what God expects from you, and what happens after you die. You should be able to tell a child where God came from and what his good children are going to do with themselves throughout eternity.

Last but not least, if you exercised some true courage and actually scrutinized the Holy Bible, you would admit it is a terrible mess written by people who believed the earth was made for humanity alone, written by people who believed men were more important than women, and money/power/government more important than brotherhood.

Define "God".
Seriously.
I reckon you cannot.

Brother, if you fell down in front of me tonight, I would extend a hand to help you up. If I saw people beating on you, I would phone 911 and rush to your aid yelling & screaming. I am 6' 10", 345 pounds.

I wish I could reach you intellectually. You have not defined God because you have no definition. You don't even seem capable to understand the simple request. I am your child. I have just heard about this thing called death.It is scary. And you mention God, but you don't tell me what this god can do or can't do. I cannot embrace what I cannot picture or understand. Is God like you, daddy? What can God do and what can't he do? Why did he make me? Why did he make me capable of evil? Why would he hold me to the sins of Adam & Eve? Why would he send my brother Jesus to be crucified for my sins? I don't want anyone crucified for my sins. I'd rather burn in Hell than have someone pay for my sins with a gruesome death.

But I have digressed.

Seriously, brother, saying a book defines your God is not good enough. You should at least be able to tell a child what God is, can do, can't do, will do, won't do. You should be able to tell a child why God made you, what God expects from you, and what happens after you die. You should be able to tell a child where God came from and what his good children are going to do with themselves throughout eternity.

Last but not least, if you exercised some true courage and actually scrutinized the Holy Bible, you would admit it is a terrible mess written by people who believed the earth was made for humanity alone, written by people who believed men were more important than women, and money/power/government more important than brotherhood.

I can't help you. If you truly desire to know God, He will reveal Himself to you. But you have to make the effort. Since you haven't found Him, you haven't been looking. You may have heard of someone by the name of Josh McDowell. He was an atheist in college. He used to think Christians were delusional. One day, A Christian asked him to prove that God doesn't exist. Now Josh is a Rhodes Scholar. Do you know what that is? It means he was very educated. He did the research. Not only could he not prove that God doesn't exist, his research convinced him that God was real, and that Jesus was the Son of God, who died and rose again, to save us from death. You can believe what you like, but it will not change the truth, or the consequences for ignoring it. Ball's in your court. What will you do?

I will allow you to have your faith & belief. I will not imprison you for them. I will not harm you. I will not deny your right to express them. But you have no definition for your God. You can't even use the language of a 2nd grader to describe & define the God you say you believe in. Look up the word belief. It means to hold onto. But if you have no definition for God, you have nothing to hold onto. What you are holding onto is some sort of murky vague feeling of hope and desire for mercy. You are hoping death is not the end of thinking & feeling and you are hoping something invisible will save you from oblivion. And that's okay. We all die horrible deaths no matter what we believe.

I don't like the fact that you are unable to define God. Something you look up to but can't describe...can't define...ain't worth looking up to. We live in Hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back