Zone1 If God Is All Powerful, All Knowing, and All Loving, Then Why Didn't He Create Us To Be Perfect Like Himself

An an institution is not religion. Religion is a belief and institution is a thing

And you are defending an institution that protects pedophiles
Doesn't change what I said. That's the way it's going to be.

The problem I have with that is it implies that if I do not believe what is being said is true then I am not hearing it. So in not believing it is true I am lacking something.

And yeah maybe a lot of that is my aversion to the "because I said so" reason for doing anything.

Well, it sounds to me like these would be Arminians. That is, they think that belief in God is entirely up to the individual and not up to God. So basically, if you don't believe, it's your "fault". You're doing something "wrong".

People create "good" and "evil" and that you think you are the ultimate creation speaks to your ego and your arrogance.

We only know of an infinitesimal piece of the universe and you think that gives you license to proclaim you are the pinnacle of all creation. Man, Trump's ego has nothing on yours,
It's not a surprise you aren't at peace and seek out conflicts.

I never got Covid. Knock on wood. But if I did, I was vaccinated so I wouldn't have died or suffered like you unvaccinated dopes.

So you bought in to all of it, right? The masks worked, the social distancing, plexiglass, vaccines, lockdowns, that all worked. Right?

Doesn't change what I said. That's the way it's going to be.

Look at you telling people the way it is.

Typical religious zealot. In case you haven't noticed I don't do what you or other people tell me to do

You have declared over and over that your god created the universe from nothing now you sing a different tune
I was arguing his concern was the same no matter how the universe was created. I wasn't saying the universe was created from pre-existing matter. The science proves it wasn't.

Well, it sounds to me like these would be Arminians. That is, they think that belief in God is entirely up to the individual and not up to God. So basically, if you don't believe, it's your "fault". You're doing something "wrong".

Why isn't belief entirely up to the individual?

Look at you telling people the way it is.

Typical religious zealot. In case you haven't noticed I don't do what you or other people tell me to do
I told you that I am going to keep point out your attempts to subordinate religion. Especially Christianity which seems to be your favorite target.

I was arguing his concern was the same no matter how the universe was created. I wasn't saying the universe was created from pre-existing matter. The science proves it wasn't.
But it matters to you that everyone believe what you tell them to.

So you bought in to all of it, right? The masks worked, the social distancing, plexiglass, vaccines, lockdowns, that all worked. Right?
No it didn't work because half the country didn't go along. So it kept spreading and mutating.

Yes, masks work. No one got sick during covid. No colds. flus. Why? Because for the first time we were socially distancing from each other. Working from home. When I go into work two days a week, I always come home with the sniffles.

I told you that I am going to keep point out your attempts to subordinate religion. Especially Christianity which seems to be your favorite target.

A religious institution is not religion just like a hospital is not health care.

And You just happen to be a Christian and I am arguing with you. And that's your persecution complex kicking you again

No Muslim or Jew has jumped in to the thread.

You don't have to find peace in me. I know it's there. And it doesn't matter. I can't "believe" because I want to believe. I have to believe. And based on all the facts I've seen in 50 years, FAIL. Sorry but you feel the same way about Mormons and Muslims.
No, I don't "feel the same way about Mormons and Muslims." Far from it.

Sometimes people cannot believe because they cannot take the bad with the good and work with what is. Reality from the beginning of the knowledge of good and evil is that one can take evil and create good from it. And people can take what is good and create evil.

You mention the Salem Witch Trials, a great example of people taking what is good and using it for great evil. I have ancestors who were involved in the Salem Witch Trials, so I see it from the other perspective as well: Those who saw/endured great evil from them and with this evil turned it to create goodness. (Of course, you would have laughed at them, happy that good people were suffering, right, while all was well with you?)

Atheists have this to wrestle with: God has no claim on those who have no belief, Do yo consider that a plus or a minus?

There is a difference between someone feeling at peace at the conclusion s/he has reached. I haven't a doubt that you are at peace with the conclusion you have reached--no God, and man-made religion. But your posts don't seem at all at peace with the conclusions others have reached. I am quite at peace with the conclusions Mormons, Muslims, Hindus--and atheists--have reached.

Why? Because we are all learning and not to be at peace would be like not being at peace with a first grader's understanding of math because it doesn't match the understanding of a university math major's understanding, who in turn has little understanding of what a philosophy major is studying.

A religious institution is not religion just like a hospital is not health care.

And You just happen to be a Christian and I am arguing with you. And that's your persecution complex kicking you again

No Muslim or Jew has jumped in to the thread.
It seems you care what I write.

Forum List

Back