If only landowners voted, would we have a welfare state?

It's funny people keep saying this against what we were founded in... some of you really are stupid.

It's great for those of you who want to be ruled by the elites.
Such a cliche that has been used over and over in this thread. By the standards back in the day. I could vote. I am a middle class American with no higher education.
Please, spare me

It's funny people keep saying this against what we were founded in... some of you really are stupid.

Such a cliche that has been used over and over in this thread. By the standards back in the day. I could vote. I am a middle class American with no higher education.
Please, spare me

Given all the money spent on politics, your are an idiot if you think there would be a middle class capable of land ownership if voting rights were dependent on it.

Please, spare me

Given all the money spent on politics, your are an idiot if you think there would be a middle class capable of land ownership if voting rights were dependent on it.
You guys keep equating today with 3 centuries ago. It's getting tiring

Please, spare me

I assume it would be tiring to clearly hear how stupid the concept is.

The corruption today might not even be happening.
People started voting with emotion. The duopoly focused on fear. And the masses bought into it.
That's why all the people that vote for corruption and abuse of power are either rich or stupid.

Please, spare me

I still question whether you have yet to grasp the OP, honestly. You have already shown your ads a couple times. Find some shame.

Weak people vote for policies for the weak because they have no skin in the game. Doesnt that make sense?
The welfare system was instituted in the wake of the great depression when the majority of Americans were weakened economically. Doesn't really have much to do with land ownership.

Would we have to change the Constitution to "We the land owners?" The skin we have in the game is our nation.

I dont think we would. At least, not much of one.
Weak people vote for policies for the weak because they have no skin in the game. Doesnt that make sense?
Im not saying i want to go back to just land owners voting. Im just saying we should have kept it that way :D
We wouldn't have a state.

Please, spare me

I still question whether you have yet to grasp the OP, honestly. You have already shown your ads a couple times. Find some shame.

So you deny the right to vote to renters, who are effectively bankrolling the property ownership of their landlords?

Interesting point. The founding fathers did set it up that way.

Was it really a good idea to give people who cramp and have crazy mood swings once a month the ability to vote?

:tomato::tomato::tomato::tomato::tomato:

That could be easily solved by having requirement to enlist for draft as a condition to vote. If not enlisted, the requirement would be to pay taxes.

Interesting point. The founding fathers did set it up that way.

Was it really a good idea to give people who cramp and have crazy mood swings once a month the ability to vote?

:tomato::tomato::tomato::tomato::tomato:

That could be easily solved by having requirement to enlist for draft as a condition to vote. If not enlisted, the requirement would be to pay taxes.

I probably should have deleted that within the time frame. :rolleyes:

It was meant to draw ire.

Forum List

Back