If possible, should we peacefully split the country?

To split or not to split...that is the question...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't think so.
All states have a spread of ideas, and the new parties would simply not use the old names.
People can not move because they own property, have ties, etc.
And the goal should never be uniformity.
It should simply be majority rule.

What I'm talking about is a land tradeoff. I live in a suburban area with several rental units. If I had to move to the west side of the country, somebody from that side would get my property and I would get theirs if they had the exact same thing I have here. Renters are less of a problem since all they would need to to is find a similar apartment in whatever country they choose.

It would be up to each country to decide on the name of their states, a new Constitution, and new laws. It would be starting all over again.

Oh come on now.
Progressives are just a fact of life.
We started out with an aristocracy, slavery, genocide of the natives, etc.
The only way to get rid of that old imperialist colonialism is with progressive improvements.

Progressives are the only ones obeying the constitution.
After the 14th amendment, the federal government is supposed to stop abuses of individual rights, and it is progressives who want to stop abuses of individual rights.

Correct. That's why they have trespassers locked up in solitary confinement as political prisoners for nine months now with no date for a trial. Real constitutionalists I tell ya. Two impeachments neither with an impeachable offense.

That would give them total control over our shipping and shorelines. Just divide the country in half north to south. Have a national vote on who gets what side. Anybody in between conservative and liberal will just have to choose a side that closest resembles their beliefs.

Not at all. The center has the Gulf of Mexico and Mississippi River.
The center does not need the 2 coasts at all.

North and south makes no sense.
The northern great plains states are the most conservative in the whole country.
Southern coastal states like California are the most liberal.

And no one is going to move or find any way to make anyone move.
That would be inherently illegal in either frame of political reference.
You can't make anyone move over their political beliefs.
In fact, there few families I know that are homogeneous politically.

The best way to do it would be a state by state referendum, and maybe 50 countries would be the best.

What I'm talking about is a land tradeoff. I live in a suburban area with several rental units. If I had to move to the west side of the country, somebody from that side would get my property and I would get theirs if they had the exact same thing I have here. Renters are less of a problem since all they would need to to is find a similar apartment in whatever country they choose.

It would be up to each country to decide on the name of their states, a new Constitution, and new laws. It would be starting all over again.

Can't really start all over because the work done to identify inherent individual right are a fact, not a belief.
Those inherent individual rights are not up for infringement by any government, new or old.
It is not an opinion or something that can voted on.
The only thing that can be changed are things currently done badly, like tax laws or immigration policies.
No one is or can move, because they have jobs, neighbors, relatives, schools, etc.

Nor can state names change I think. I have not thought about that too much, but states preceded the Union, and will still be older and have priority over any new federal governments.

Oh come on now.
Progressives are just a fact of life.
We started out with an aristocracy, slavery, genocide of the natives, etc.
The only way to get rid of that old imperialist colonialism is with progressive improvements.

Progressives are the only ones obeying the constitution.
After the 14th amendment, the federal government is supposed to stop abuses of individual rights, and it is progressives who want to stop abuses of individual rights.

Progressives want to put ineffective shots in the arms of all Americans or you can't travel, can't work, basically can't function in society. So no.

Our Constitution is founded on individual rights. Progressives care nothing for that anymore, if they ever did.

The northern great plains states are the most conservative in the whole country.

The best way to do it would be a state by state referendum, and maybe 50 countries would be the best.

You can't divide the country by states. Liberals would be complaining about what conservatives are doing in their state next door. It has to be two separate countries. North to south is how the lines are drawn. This way both countries have a north and both countries have a south to live and vacation at.

If you want to be a liberal living in the conservative country, you have no voting rights. In fact you'll have no rights at all. If they don't like it, let them pack their bags and go to their own country. The idea behind my concept is never having to put up with liberal bullshit ever again. Like I said, it would be heaven on earth.

Last edited:
Just what the title asks. If a house divided cannot stand, should the house divide into two or more houses that can stand while we can still seperate peacefully?

Since I believe I am required a link...here it is...

More More garbage GOP propaganda that seems to have chaos as a goal and hatred for that matter. Well we need is debate on your ridiculous propaganda machine to break through the fugue state the GOP basis in. The only people in the world that deny vaccines masks election security global warming and the giveaway to the rich the GOP has been running the last 40 years. Poor America. When the brainwash ends we will be just fine.

Correct. That's why they have trespassers locked up in solitary confinement as political prisoners for nine months now with no date for a trial. Real constitutionalists I tell ya. Two impeachments neither with an impeachable offense.

Now you are talking about democrats, not progressives.

Although personally I think the immigration problem is due to US militarization of corrupt forces in almost all countries south of the border, that make like so dangerous and poor. If we stopped supporting those banana republic dictators and made those countries free, I think there would be no more immigration problem.

But I agree with you the impeachments were awful. The Steele Dossier was more foreign collusion than was claimed about the Russians.

Can't really start all over because the work done to identify inherent individual right are a fact, not a belief.
Those inherent individual rights are not up for infringement by any government, new or old.
It is not an opinion or something that can voted on.
The only thing that can be changed are things currently done badly, like tax laws or immigration policies.
No one is or can move, because they have jobs, neighbors, relatives, schools, etc.

Nor can state names change I think. I have not thought about that too much, but states preceded the Union, and will still be older and have priority over any new federal governments.

No because it would be how the new countries write their Constitution. Both sides would not adhere to the one we have now. Each one write their constitution the way they see fit.

Now you are talking about democrats, not progressives.

Although personally I think the immigration problem is due to US militarization of corrupt forces in almost all countries south of the border, that make like so dangerous and poor. If we stopped supporting those banana republic dictators and made those countries free, I think there would be no more immigration problem.

But I agree with you the impeachments were awful. The Steele Dossier was more foreign collusion than was claimed about the Russians.

Sorry but I am not part of the Blame America first crowd. Countries that want liberty and a new way of doing things have to fight for it like we have. Hell, we even had a civil war and killed each other over it. Freedom isn't free. Even if you achieve freedom, you have to fight to keep it. These people just want to drift in because we did all the fighting and financing to make this the greatest country in the world. They enter and say "nice place you have here. I think I'll move in illegally."

If we end up on the west side, huge wall and the BP has the right to gun down invaders. You'll see how fast they'd learn to live in their own country.

You can't divide the country by states. Liberals would be complaining about what conservatives are doing in their state next door. It has to be two separate countries. North to south is how the lines are drawn. This way both countries have a north and both countries have a south to live and vacation at.

If you want to be a liberal living in the conservative state, you have no voting rights. In fact you'll have no rights at all. If they don't like it, let them pack their bags and go to their own country. The idea behind my concept is never having to put up with liberal bullshit ever again. Like I said, it would be heaven on earth.

That makes no sense.
And east and west division is not how it is already, so then almost everyone would have to move.
Nor is it ever going to be remotely legal to not let a person vote due to their political beliefs.
That would establish a horrendous political precedent as there would be constant new conflicts and it is inherently illegal for all individuals to not have representation rights. That is never something up for decision or discussion.

That makes no sense.
And east and west division is not how it is already, so then almost everyone would have to move.
Nor is it ever going to be remotely legal to not let a person vote due to their political beliefs.
That would establish a horrendous political precedent as there would be constant new conflicts and it is inherently illegal for all individuals to not have representation rights. That is never something up for decision or discussion.

I just got done telling you that each country would have their own constitution. If our constitution says that leftist individuals have no rights in our country, then they have no rights. It's in our Constitution. If it's in our constitution, then there is nothing illegal about it.

No because it would be how the new countries write their Constitution. Both sides would not adhere to the one we have now. Each one write their constitution the way they see fit.
Wrong.
There may be a few rough spots in the current constitution, but most of it can not be improved upon.
If one tried to start from scratch now, the result would be 10 times worse,
We are way too corrupt these days.

I just got done telling you that each country would have their own constitution. If our constitution says that leftist individuals have no rights in our country, then they have no rights. It's in our Constitution. If it's in our constitution, then there is nothing illegal about it.

Wrong.
Legal and illegal are not supposed to be arbitrary.
They are fixed realities based on evolution, biology, science, logic, philosophy, etc.
Laws are only arbitrary in a dictatorship.
Denying voting rights is inherently illegal, and can never be made legal unless you create a dictatorship,

Folks, apologies since I did not read any post in the thread. My response is this though, the split should be between American citizens and the US government from federal to state and local. Everyone needs to stop paying all taxes.

That would give them total control over our shipping and shorelines. Just divide the country in half north to south. Have a national vote on who gets what side. Anybody in between conservative and liberal will just have to choose a side that closest resembles their beliefs.
Hmmmm... That sounds very familiar, almost like we did it once before.

If you want to be a liberal living in the conservative country, you have no voting rights. In fact you'll have no rights at all. If they don't like it, let them pack their bags and go to their own country. The idea behind my concept is never having to put up with liberal bullshit ever again. Like I said, it would be heaven on earth.
Ray, those must be some good drugs!

Which was the original Constitution that has been bastardized. The Federal Gov't was to have enumerated powers with internal affairs to the States. In that way each State would decide it's fate without another State telling them how to live.

The Federal Gov't is the main problem in this country. It is too stinking big full of Self Serving pricks from both sides who decide which companies win or lose.

More More garbage GOP propaganda that seems to have chaos as a goal and hatred for that matter. Well we need is debate on your ridiculous propaganda machine to break through the fugue state the GOP basis in. The only people in the world that deny vaccines masks election security global warming and the giveaway to the rich the GOP has been running the last 40 years. Poor America. When the brainwash ends we will be just fine.
You could read literature printed many decades ago of the political class using Inflation as a tax on people throughout history. It is easier and gives them deniability. While they stay in power.

All these stupid pussy theories are just weaklings and losers wasting time. The UNITED States of America will be UNITED long after all these sad bastards are dust.
I suspect it's more likely that we'll see more pronounced differences from state to state. If that happens, I guess we'd pay more attention when we cross from one to the other, or we'd take the "color" of the state into consideration when thinking about moving there.

What a shame. Self-inflicted wound.

Forum List

Back