If Republicans Cared About Families, They’d Stop Blocking Paid Leave

somehow us actually taking care of our families is evidence of us not caring because we don't think people should be forced to pay you for not working. This is considered logic to some.

Ill make a deal with you. Ill take care of my family with my hard work, you take of your family without work and we will see which one of us does a better job and shows that we care more.
No one is claiming that, people are working 50 hour weeks without any paid leave, millions of workers are lacking any paid leave at all, they deserve a break. They need a break.

Republicans support the notion of employees wanting a life outside the workplace is countrproductive
Conservatives have this disgusting and backwards ideological stance, constantly spitting "hard work" when failing to realize that people are working hard and getting little in return. Who works harder, the MW workers pulling 50 hours a week or the CEO telling others to do tasks in an air conditioned building.

Americans are more productive than any other workers on earth. What do they have to show for it?
Less time off, longer hours, later retirement, no paid maternity leave, fewer benefits

Republicans fight to keep it that way
Republicans are fighting to make it worse. Prevent MW increases, many wanting to remove it completely, remove federal grants, raise the retirement age..

somehow us actually taking care of our families is evidence of us not caring because we don't think people should be forced to pay you for not working. This is considered logic to some.

Ill make a deal with you. Ill take care of my family with my hard work, you take of your family without work and we will see which one of us does a better job and shows that we care more.
No one is claiming that, people are working 50 hour weeks without any paid leave, millions of workers are lacking any paid leave at all, they deserve a break. They need a break.

Save up and take a break, what's the problem.
You actually believe, with a rising cost of living, the cost of child care, rent prices, the pathetic wages people are paid, they can afford to do that?

Republicans oppose abortion

But if a pregnant worker needs time off to have a baby....that is her problem

Need, nobody needs time off, they want it and now at others expense. People that think that way have no business having kids.
This is the backwards 19th century thought process the right wing introduces.

Screw you, it was true then, it's true now.
Your hatred of working people and mothers who want time with their kids is disgusting.

Only haters I see are you left wing thugs.

Need, nobody needs time off, they want it and now at others expense. People that think that way have no business having kids.

"People that think that way have no business having kids"
So they get an abortion

Great, if they aren't responsible enough to use birth control, they definitely have no business with children.

Good idea

Lets make birth control free. Pass it out at the mall and every supermarket. Drive icecream trucks through every neighborhood handing out condoms and birth control pills

If you are not willing to do that....don't complain about abortion
Good idea, I'll get the truck and pills. You can drive :)

Your hatred of working people and mothers who want time with their kids is disgusting.

Who am I hating? Bigoted people like you? I'm guilty.

So they get an abortion

Great, if they aren't responsible enough to use birth control, they definitely have no business with children.

Good idea

Lets make birth control free. Pass it out at the mall and every supermarket. Drive icecream trucks through every neighborhood handing out condoms and birth control pills

Why do you think people aren't capable of taking care of themselves, got to have that nanny state cradle to grave. People with that mind set are sick puppies.

Republicans support the notion of employees wanting a life outside the workplace is countrproductive
Conservatives have this disgusting and backwards ideological stance, constantly spitting "hard work" when failing to realize that people are working hard and getting little in return. Who works harder, the MW workers pulling 50 hours a week or the CEO telling others to do tasks in an air conditioned building.

Americans are more productive than any other workers on earth. What do they have to show for it?
Less time off, longer hours, later retirement, no paid maternity leave, fewer benefits

Republicans are fighting to make it worse. Prevent MW increases, many wanting to remove it completely, remove federal grants, raise the retirement age..

They oppose any program that will help working Americans......healthcare, paid leave, free college, increased wages

While they fight to the death for benefits for those who don't need them

So they get an abortion

Good idea

Why do you think people aren't capable of taking care of themselves, got to have that nanny state cradle to grave. People with that mind set are sick puppies.

The Government should help those who need helping

Some people are not capable of taking care of themselves. Republicans scream...Get a job
But they say it is not their problem if there are no jobs to be had

So they get an abortion

Good idea

But I get to ring the bell

Unless widowed, there should be no single mothers. And My father worked outside the home --- while My mother worked in it. Together they provided a comfortable life for their children. We had one car, one lawn mower, one TV, one Hi Fi, one telephone, one vacuum cleaner, two radios, and an automatic clothes washer ---- but NO SNOW BLOWER, NO DRYER, NO GARBAGE DISPOSAL UNIT, and NO DISHWASHER!

We lived in a 3 bedroom, bath and a 1/2 with attached garage, and a recreation room --- 1950's split level. And we spent 2 weeks down the shore nearly every summer. The trouble today is that because most women work, the Parent Teacher's Association lacks any real support. There are few volunteers for anything and neighbors hardly interact with each other anymore. But many seem to possess cell phones, have multiple computer access, and a TV screen in every room.

Oddly, most people today seem to lack any motivation or imagination. They don't know how to do the simplest of tasks and they don't know how to write. A young lady needs to consider her options BEFORE she gets pregnant and not after. And she needs to seek a guy who doesn't mouth off to his parents, isn't on drugs, and loves children as much as he says he loves her. And most importantly, is willing to work hard and wait for satisfaction --- enjoying what he has and not what he wants. Most guys like that also seem to be Godly men and not Goodtime Charles! So, one hint is that you will not likely discover him warming a seat in a bar.

Save up and take a break, what's the problem.
You actually believe, with a rising cost of living, the cost of child care, rent prices, the pathetic wages people are paid, they can afford to do that?

They've done it for centuries, what makes people so special now, other than mind set?

They oppose any program that will help working Americans......healthcare, paid leave, free college, increased wages

While they fight to the death for benefits for those who don't need them
Yeah, it's sad. I refer you to my thread on criminalizing homelessness, look at how disgusting they are.

So they get an abortion

Good idea

Of course you'll demand someone else pay for it.

So they get an abortion

Good idea

Welcome to the 21st century, where taxes exist and society cares for each other.

Who am I hating? Bigoted people like you? I'm guilty.

You're hating the people you're trying to make dependent, treating them as less than children that can't exist without the progressive control over every aspect of their lives. Sounds a whole lot like prison to me. You only treat people you hold in contempt that way, not people you respect.

Seriously, can Republicans do anything right at this point? This heartless stance is just plain stupid. Too many Republicans have allowed their hate & greed to consume them. They've lost their humanity.

I don't get how they can think they're gonna be winning the White House back anytime soon. The People won't support heartless greed. At least i hope they won't anyway.

Unless widowed, there should be no single mothers. And My father worked outside the home --- while My mother worked in it. Together they provided a comfortable life for their children. We had one car, one lawn mower, one TV, one Hi Fi, one telephone, one vacuum cleaner, two radios, and an automatic clothes washer ---- but NO SNOW BLOWER, NO DRYER, NO GARBAGE DISPOSAL UNIT, and NO DISHWASHER!

We lived in a 3 bedroom, bath and a 1/2 with attached garage, and a recreation room --- 1950's split level. And we spent 2 weeks down the shore nearly every summer. The trouble today is that because most women work, the Parent Teacher's Association lacks any real support. There are few volunteers for anything and neighbors hardly interact with each other anymore. But many seem to possess cell phones, have multiple computer access, and a TV screen in every room.

Oddly, most people today seem to lack any motivation or imagination. They don't know how to do the simplest of tasks and they don't know how to write. A young lady needs to consider her options BEFORE she gets pregnant and not after. And she needs to seek a guy who doesn't mouth off to his parents, isn't on drugs, and loves children as much as he says he loves her. And most importantly, is willing to work hard and wait for satisfaction --- enjoying what he has and not what he wants. Most guys like that also seem to be Godly men and not Goodtime Charles! So, one hint is that you will not likely discover him warming a seat in a bar.

Ozzie and Harriet would be proud of you

So they get an abortion

Good idea

Welcome to the 21st century, where taxes exist and society cares for each other.

You mean welcome to progressive prison and slavery. Fuck you.

So they get an abortion

Good idea

We the People should pay for it.....It will decrease abortions

So they get an abortion

Good idea

We the People should pay for it.....It will decrease abortions
Yep!

Forum List

Back