If republicans would let go of the fringe right, that would pull a large amount of black people away from democrats...

AirTight

VIP Member
Sep 2, 2018
There is a large number of black people that don't agree with abortion and a lot of the LGBT laws than most may think. Republicans could keep their core values and get those black people, forcing democrats to really work for their vote. Is that fringe right really worth it?

There is a large number of black people that don't agree with abortion and a lot of the LGBT laws than most may think. Republicans could keep their core values and get those black people, forcing democrats to really work for their vote. Is that fringe right really worth it?

Blacks are already going conservative. Just like Mexicans are.

Exactly what do you consider to be the "fringe" of the Republican party?

So go progressive light to pick up black votes?
Compromising with evil only make you evil.
Thinking blacks already vote for conservatives. So do Hispanics & others.
They are all waking up to the destructive leftist BS of totalitarianism dystopia.

I don't think the GOP can capitalize on the black vote until blacks become more interested in politics, history and issues. The blacks that do educate themselves on these things will come to the GOP without having to be pandered to.

Joe Biden was a candidate that said the most racist things about blacks in our lifetime. He not only got the nomination, but as usual, a huge percentage of the black vote in the general. What does that tell you? It tells me it doesn't matter what a Democrat or Republican does, they are going to vote one way and one way only as a majority. They're not paying attention to the issues, not paying attention to the politicians, all they know is to vote D when they go to the polls.

Who is this supposed fringe right republicans cater to and why do blacks have a problem with the republican party over it?

Exactly what do you consider to be the "fringe" of the Republican party?

That would be my question. Who are the "fringe right" that the party so warmly embraces?

What influence have these extreme fringe members had on the party platform?

Who is this supposed fringe right republicans cater to and why do blacks have a problem with the republican party over it?
I hope I’m “fringe right” because I HATE most pussified righties…..I definitely don’t want to align with the common right.

I'm guessing that AirTight is referring to white supremacists as the "fringe right". Which I do not believe the GOP supports, although I'm not sure about Trump's position regarding them. but I thought the Republican Party has specifically said they do not support those groups.

Added: Actually, Trump has condemned white supremacists.

... "on Aug. 14, 2017, Trump issued a statement from the White House, and referred to “KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.”

"As I said on Saturday, we condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry, and violence. It has no place in America."

"Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans."

After nearly two dozen people were killed on Aug. 3, 2019, in a shooting at a Wal-Mart in El Paso, Trump said: “The shooter in El Paso posted a manifesto online consumed by racist hate. In one voice, our nation must condemn racism, bigotry, and white supremacy. These sinister ideologies must be defeated. Hate has no place in America. Hatred warps the mind, ravages the heart, and devours the soul. We have asked the FBI to identify all further resources they need to investigate and disrupt hate crimes and domestic terrorism — whatever they need.”

Last edited:
I'm guessing that AirTight is referring to white supremacists as the "fringe right". Which I do not believe the GOP supports, although I'm not sure about Trump's position regarding them. but I thought the Republican Party has specifically said they do not support those groups.
Firmly oppose illegal immigration and or stand firmly against lawlessness and for law and order and you’re automatically a “white supremacist”…..you haven’t heard?

I don't think the GOP can capitalize on the black vote until blacks become more interested in politics, history and issues. The blacks that do educate themselves on these things will come to the GOP without having to be pandered to.

Joe Biden was a candidate that said the most racist things about blacks in our lifetime. He not only got the nomination, but as usual, a huge percentage of the black vote in the general. What does that tell you? It tells me it doesn't matter what a Democrat or Republican does, they are going to vote one way and one way only as a majority. They're not paying attention to the issues, not paying attention to the politicians, all they know is to vote D when they go to the polls.
It's the same way the Democrats had a solid lock on the Southern Vote for a hundred years.

Thankfully Jimmy Carter broke that monopoly on power.

Then you don't know your history. Black Americans were staunch Republicans after the Civil War for obvious reasons (the Confederates were Democrats). But as the Democratic Party started adopting social policies to help the poor after the Great Depression they started drifting towards the Democratic Party even though those policies and the help they provided were not evenly distributed between black and white communities. Black Americans vote democratic for economic reasons, it's poor whites who are the ones who've been convinced to accept nothing but trickle down economics in exchange for policies that treat people they hate with cruelty.

The duopoly is succeeding as it functions now. Why would it change if even greater success could not be assured?

Definitely, Racism of some Republicans imposes a big cost on Republican Party.

Only African Americans can determine whom they will support. Racism is always wrong.

Added: Actually, Trump has condemned white supremacists.

... "on Aug. 14, 2017, Trump issued a statement from the White House, and referred to “KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans.”

"As I said on Saturday, we condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry, and violence. It has no place in America."

"Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans."

After nearly two dozen people were killed on Aug. 3, 2019, in a shooting at a Wal-Mart in El Paso, Trump said: “The shooter in El Paso posted a manifesto online consumed by racist hate. In one voice, our nation must condemn racism, bigotry, and white supremacy. These sinister ideologies must be defeated. Hate has no place in America. Hatred warps the mind, ravages the heart, and devours the soul. We have asked the FBI to identify all further resources they need to investigate and disrupt hate crimes and domestic terrorism — whatever they need.”

It's very difficult to get through the brainwashing by the left with their help from the media. Blacks that vote Democrat don't even know why they are voting for them. Most believe the old lie that Democrats are for the poor and Republicans are for the rich white people, so they vote accordingly.

As long as the can keep phony racism alive and well, the Republicans stand no chance at ever getting their vote. If blacks ever start taking an interest in politics, the Democrats would be in real trouble.

It's very difficult to get through the brainwashing by the left with their help from the media. Blacks that vote Democrat don't even know why they are voting for them. Most believe the old lie that Democrats are for the poor and Republicans are for the rich white people, so they vote accordingly.

As long as the can keep phony racism alive and well, the Republicans stand no chance at ever getting their vote. If blacks ever start taking an interest in politics, the Democrats would be in real trouble.

The notion that black people have no idea why they vote the way they do is a racist one.

That would be my question. Who are the "fringe right" that the party so warmly embraces?

What influence have these extreme fringe members had on the party platform?
People who believe in Jewish space lasers? :p

Influence, no - they keep kicking her off committees.

I like her, but she IS a bit of a fringie.

People who believe in Jewish space lasers?

She wasn't supposed to let the cat out of the bag ...

hqdefault.jpg

The notion that black people have no idea why they vote the way they do is a racist one.
True.

It's the progtards that lack brains. :p

How many black people actually are (or consider themselves to be) progressives, I don't know. I "guess", that true progness would be a stretch for some - I suspect there are plenty of traditional-leaning Democrats in the mix.

But WTF do I know, SuperBadBrutha could probably tell us more about it.

What I know is, black people are definitely not homogeneous. My best bud from college runs a food bank, he's actually quite conservative in many ways but still votes Democrat. If I had to categorize I'd call him a traditional Democrat.

Forum List

Back