If you are against raising the minimum wage.................

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
If you are against raising the minimum wage, then tell us, do you make minimum wage, or do you make more.

If you do make minimum wage and don't think it should be raised, tell me why.

Me? I think that the minimum wage should be at least 11.00/hr because then it would have caught up with inflation.

And no.............I don't make minimum wage, I've been retired since 2004.

Depends upon whether it puts smaller businesses out of business. IMO
Do you think it would?

Minimum wage is allowance for teenage school kids working entry level positions. If you're an adult still working your kids job, then obviously you didn't care about building skills.

The big danger is not to the small businessman but rather speeding up automation and eliminating jobs.

Do you think it would?
Do you think it would?

Depends. Like most things, you could feel safe that a $1 would have no effect, but a $50 would put a lot out of business. in 1967, the min wage was 1.40 per hour, equivilent today to about $10.00 per hour. Problem was, $1.40 was not enough for two workers to live on. Took over $3.00 Between us, we made over $4.00. Which was more than enough for two to live on. So, looking at it from a lot of different angles, it seems likely that $15 is probably a good minimum wage in my mind. About equal to $2.10 in 1967 dollars.
I can tell you, having a new family at that time, that it took about $3.50 to keep the home lights on. Food, rent, utilities, and nothing much more. So, today, at $15 per hour, would be about $2.18 per hour in 1967. I suspect that would be tight to live on for anyone.
So, will a lot of companies go out of business? That is a tough question to be sure of. In the past, raises in MW have sometimes resulted in some short term ue but not anything over a couple or three months. But there are lots of variables. Location, business conditions, and the position of the moon. But it creates lots of new conditions, and tends to make workers more productive and loyal to their employer.

Last edited:
Minimum wage is allowance for teenage school kids working entry level positions. If you're an adult still working your kids job, then obviously you didn't care about building skills.
So, not sure where you are getting your ideas. Oh, yeah, actually I do know. but you are wrong, unless you thing 24% is a large portion of the workers getting minimum wage. Because that leaves 76% who are not teen aged.

"People at or below the federal minimum are: Disproportionately young: 24% are teenagers (ages 16 to 19."
Who makes minimum wage?

It should have been inflation adjusted. It should be 'caught up' and then inflation adjusted and absorbed into the economy.

If you are against raising the minimum wage, then tell us, do you make minimum wage, or do you make more.

Me? I think that the minimum wage should be at least 11.00/hr because then it would have caught up with inflation.

If you are retired , I have a question...

Why do you want to pay more for goods and services, what do you get out of it?

First they replaced the workforce in this country with cheap asian labor
Then even cheap asian labor was not cheap enough, they replaced them with robots
Next thing you know, you are replaced with either a software or a hardware....

So the lesson for you; quit being a smug and act like you are any more worthy than anyone forced to work minimum wage....

Eliminate the Federal Minimum Wage law. If individual states wish to have one, that's their business or loss of business. Same for cities.

Minimum%20Wage_zpsfkyatctu.jpg

It should have been inflation adjusted. It should be 'caught up' and then inflation adjusted and absorbed into the economy.

Nonsense. That simply raises the lowest rung, along with all the others above resulting in no net gain for anyone. But, far more important to Progressives...IT FEELS GOOD.

minimum-wage-cartoon_zps4r8nklh9.jpg

Eliminate the Federal Minimum Wage law. If individual states wish to have one, that's their business or loss of business. Same for cities.

Well, me boy, you are a con tool. You are stating one of the main talking points. A point that all rich corporations support, with few exceptions. But, your problem, me boy, is that there is no chance it will happen. Because unlike cons, the minimum wage is extremely popular among the population. So, you will lose that one. As you should.
But keep on pumping out those con talking points. Makes you look so................s........STUPID,

Forum List

Back