If you are going to rob someone, make sure they don't have a concealed carry permit...

Two criminals try to rob a guy walking his dog....he shoots them......their criminal careers are over....

Milwaukee Thugs Target Concealed Carrier, Earn Bullets

Two armed criminals looking for trouble tried to rob a dog-walking Milwaukee man and discovered this it was the man who had the worse bite, in the form of a concealed handgun.

A man walking his dog Tuesday night near his home shot two people who tried to rob him, killing one and wounding the other.

Deonte M. Thomas, 17, of Milwaukee was shot to death and his 18-year-old companion was wounded, police said. The 36-year-old man had a concealed-carry permit.

The incident happened about 10 p.m. in the 6500 block of W. Euclid Ave. when the two robbers were driving around looking for a possible victim, Ald. Mark Borkowski said.

“Obviously these people picked the wrong person, but not everyone has concealed carry,” Borkowski said Wednesday. “We all get a sense of security because it’s our neighborhood, but we have to be diligent.”

The attempted robbery happened two blocks from St. Gregory the Great parish on Milwaukee’s south side in Borkowski’s 11th aldermanic district, an area that’s normally a quiet neighborhood, he said, but “I think it’s anywhere in our community.

“It’s my understanding these kids were looking for trouble. They had been involved in trouble prior to this incident,” Borkowski said. “To pick a guy who can defend himself has showed that regardless of whether you’re going to engage in this kind of criminal activity, you really don’t know. You may meet your match.”

The dead suspect and his wounded partner are the primary suspects in a robbery that happened just an hour before.
Usually, toters just have their gun stolen along with their money.
And of course you are a lying jackass.

We had our first gratuitous shooting here last week--two young guys in their early twenties. One shot the other--supposedly for stealing something from him. The guy who got shot will be okay, fortunately, and the shooter is cooling his heels in jail. But that hasn't happened here in like forever. It makes me sick that it is happening. Yes, our fishermen and timber boys are tough, but shooting each other on the street? Doesn't happen, shouldn't happen. Maybe in extreme cases your lobster traps get cut or your hunting camp gets burned, maybe you get into a knock down drag out fight behind the bar, but this shooting makes me absolutely sick.

Could you link to that story?
Nope. Anonymous board. But why do you ask for the write-up? Do you think I'm making it up? You should know me better than that.

Nope...I do research and knowing who they were and their backgrounds could be interesting....
KEEP YOUR NASTY GUN RESEARCH OUTTA MY TOWN!
I'm

I thought you anti gunners liked gun research? You anti gunners are always bitching about the fake ban on CDC research....

And why so upset.....do you anti gunners have to be so emotional all the time?

Why is it so easy for you to justify taking a human life?

It's easy when someone else is committing an illegal act that could result in harm or death to a law abiding citizen.

Look up the "Wendy's Massacre" on wikipedia. I was in that store 4 hours before those people were killed. I guess it's a good thing none of them were armed, right?
We are talking about a mugging, not a massacre.

and in your world the only one who controls that is the criminal, not the innocent person on the receiving end.
What I asked you was, couldn't you use Mace or a taser? Must it be a death sentence imposed by Joe Citizen? What bothered me the most was OP's celebratory attitude--look guys, we KILLED one. Doesn't hurt to remind some of you gun nuts what death means.
Two violent criminals are no longer preying on people. Why arent YOU celebrating? Whats wrong with you?
Putting them in jail would be enough. Why are YOU celebrating that a person is DEAD?

So you are walking down the street & some one sticks a gun in your face, that concealed gun is another item that will be taken. It is just common sense.

We had our first gratuitous shooting here last week--two young guys in their early twenties. One shot the other--supposedly for stealing something from him. The guy who got shot will be okay, fortunately, and the shooter is cooling his heels in jail. But that hasn't happened here in like forever. It makes me sick that it is happening. Yes, our fishermen and timber boys are tough, but shooting each other on the street? Doesn't happen, shouldn't happen. Maybe in extreme cases your lobster traps get cut or your hunting camp gets burned, maybe you get into a knock down drag out fight behind the bar, but this shooting makes me absolutely sick.

Nope. Anonymous board. But why do you ask for the write-up? Do you think I'm making it up? You should know me better than that.

Nope...I do research and knowing who they were and their backgrounds could be interesting....
I'm

I thought you anti gunners liked gun research? You anti gunners are always bitching about the fake ban on CDC research....

Absolutely. Death is a very emotional topic. So is turning my quiet little town into Tombstone.
One of my students was talking to me about this incident today, and he said I'd be surprised how many people are carrying around here. That actually made me feel better, because they aren't using their guns. Except that one last week. I hope it's an aberration, not an omen of things to come.

It's easy when someone else is committing an illegal act that could result in harm or death to a law abiding citizen.

Look up the "Wendy's Massacre" on wikipedia. I was in that store 4 hours before those people were killed. I guess it's a good thing none of them were armed, right?

and in your world the only one who controls that is the criminal, not the innocent person on the receiving end.
What I asked you was, couldn't you use Mace or a taser? Must it be a death sentence imposed by Joe Citizen? What bothered me the most was OP's celebratory attitude--look guys, we KILLED one. Doesn't hurt to remind some of you gun nuts what death means.
Two violent criminals are no longer preying on people. Why arent YOU celebrating? Whats wrong with you?
Putting them in jail would be enough. Why are YOU celebrating that a person is DEAD?
The guy wasn't a cop and he was outnumbered. How the fuck was he supposed to arrest them? You libs are stupid.

So you are walking down the street & some one sticks a gun in your face, that concealed gun is another item that will be taken. It is just common sense.

And yet not true......did you actually look into this....obviously not....try reading actual stories.......there are a few where gun owners get their guns stolen, but many more where the criminal gets shot or chased off....

I'm

Absolutely. Death is a very emotional topic. So is turning my quiet little town into Tombstone.
One of my students was talking to me about this incident today, and he said I'd be surprised how many people are carrying around here. That actually made me feel better, because they aren't using their guns. Except that one last week. I hope it's an aberration, not an omen of things to come.

It isn't a trend....unless you are also experiencing an increase in drug trafficking.....a reason to look into it...

The guy wasn't a cop and he was outnumbered. How the fuck was he supposed to arrest them? You libs are stupid.
Couldn't you learn karate or something?

Usually, toters just have their gun stolen along with their money.
Can you cite any examples of that?

While it probably has happened I'm sure the examples are quite rare. I can recall reading about only one instance and the armed victim was an off-duty cop and the circumstances were such that he didn't have a chance to respond.

One thing which is rarely considered in discussing the advantage of CCW is the armed citizen who steps in to defend unarmed citizens who are under attack. As it is the majority of law-abiding citizens are unarmed because it is too difficult, if not impossible, to obtain a CCW. Consequently they are afraid to act against assaultive thugs because of concerns that the thugs might be armed, at least with knives, and probably are.

This video is just one shameful example. This incident could have ended differently if one of those bystanders was armed.

http://robert-lindsay.blogspot.com/...-in-akron-ohio-pizza.html?zx=d9b5a76ae02f5aef

Last edited:

I'm

It isn't a trend....unless you are also experiencing an increase in drug trafficking.....a reason to look into it...
We have a drug epidemic here, have for a few decades now. But the people I've talked to who know the shooter said it didn't SEEM to be drugs. That is always the first motive I think of for every crime around here.

Empty hand martial arts are no substitute for armed self defense.....and if you are facing multiple thugs, all armed, Karate and other empty hand arts aren't what you want to bet your life on....

for the record, backing up one stupid statement with another stupid statement doesnt make you smart.

I'm

We have a drug epidemic here, have for a few decades now. But the people I've talked to who know the shooter said it didn't SEEM to be drugs. That is always the first motive I think of for every crime around here.

Did he have a record?

Two criminals try to rob a guy walking his dog....he shoots them......their criminal careers are over....

Milwaukee Thugs Target Concealed Carrier, Earn Bullets

Two armed criminals looking for trouble tried to rob a dog-walking Milwaukee man and discovered this it was the man who had the worse bite, in the form of a concealed handgun.

A man walking his dog Tuesday night near his home shot two people who tried to rob him, killing one and wounding the other.

Deonte M. Thomas, 17, of Milwaukee was shot to death and his 18-year-old companion was wounded, police said. The 36-year-old man had a concealed-carry permit.

The incident happened about 10 p.m. in the 6500 block of W. Euclid Ave. when the two robbers were driving around looking for a possible victim, Ald. Mark Borkowski said.

“Obviously these people picked the wrong person, but not everyone has concealed carry,” Borkowski said Wednesday. “We all get a sense of security because it’s our neighborhood, but we have to be diligent.”

The attempted robbery happened two blocks from St. Gregory the Great parish on Milwaukee’s south side in Borkowski’s 11th aldermanic district, an area that’s normally a quiet neighborhood, he said, but “I think it’s anywhere in our community.

“It’s my understanding these kids were looking for trouble. They had been involved in trouble prior to this incident,” Borkowski said. “To pick a guy who can defend himself has showed that regardless of whether you’re going to engage in this kind of criminal activity, you really don’t know. You may meet your match.”

The dead suspect and his wounded partner are the primary suspects in a robbery that happened just an hour before.
Guy, did it ever occur to you that sometimes you seem like a cheerleader for a car accident?
You are LOVIN' it that a kid lost his life over a mugging. I'm not saying muggers are good, but DEATH? Couldn't you guys get Mace or a taser instead? The way you glorify this shooting is a tribute to the endless cycle of violence that is putting such a stain on American culture.
Sounds like you'd rather the victim of the robbery lost his life, and while I don't think you are quite as libtarded as many here, after that statement, I dunno. The criminals tried to rob an innocent person and got what they deserved. GOOD!

Everyone is not physically and mentally capable of developing the level of skill required to effectively make use of any form of martial art -- including boxing and wrestling. And in the example of those who are capable it takes a long time to develop a martial skill to a useful level.

It's not as easy as it looks.

Empty hand martial arts are no substitute for armed self defense.....and if you are facing multiple thugs, all armed, Karate and other empty hand arts aren't what you want to bet your life on....
Any martial art that claims to give you the ability to take on multiple opponents, is a fake martial art.

It's obvious you don't live in a place where street-crime, like mugging and forcible rape, are not common. If you did live in such a place, like some parts of New York City, I'm sure you would think differently.

Forum List

Back