If you love America stay home

...if it meant that they'd take a 1/3 pay cut due to falling attendance and viewership? I tell you what they'd do; they'd throw their so-called "principles" and Colin under the bus in a microsecond!

America is getting fed up with Blacks. 13% of the population that commits 50% of the violent crimes. Compared to Blacks in Africa they really have a decent life. The only way you can get rich there is by becoming a warlord and murdering other tribes.

And for how long do you think blacks have been fed up with whites? During slavery? During segregation? No, you think they actually liked it.
I don't know.....most of these players aren't even 30 years old. All of them were born after Jim Crow was abolished. I'm 60. I've been watching this shit most of my life. There was a time when they had a valid point. Now they don't.
THey aren’t protesting Jim Crow. Think about the neighborhoods many of them grew up in versus the neighborhood you grow up in. I bet the experiences were very different. But the protests seem centered more around modern day problems between law enforcement and the black community

Yes they are, and the solution to those problems are simple, it's just that the left will never accept simple solutions because they don't involve violence or controversy.
Perhaps, but we are talking about it aren’t we? I personally don’t like how they protested but I can’t deny it’s legality or it’s effectiveness to ignite a conversation

Yes, everyone is talking about it. That's what the founders intended.

And for how long do you think blacks have been fed up with whites? During slavery? During segregation? No, you think they actually liked it.
I don't know.....most of these players aren't even 30 years old. All of them were born after Jim Crow was abolished. I'm 60. I've been watching this shit most of my life. There was a time when they had a valid point. Now they don't.
THey aren’t protesting Jim Crow. Think about the neighborhoods many of them grew up in versus the neighborhood you grow up in. I bet the experiences were very different. But the protests seem centered more around modern day problems between law enforcement and the black community

Yes they are, and the solution to those problems are simple, it's just that the left will never accept simple solutions because they don't involve violence or controversy.
Perhaps, but we are talking about it aren’t we? I personally don’t like how they protested but I can’t deny it’s legality or it’s effectiveness to ignite a conversation

Unfortunately neither side can speak honestly about it

I have ignored the NFL for over 20 years now, and I for damn sure will not regain interest in it now.

I hope it goes bankrupt.

Unfortunately neither side can speak honestly about it

Oh, for sure.

The right are pumping "patriotism" down everyone's throats as usual, I don't really talk with many on the right, but no doubt there are those talking nonsense too.

I don't watch pro football to begin with. On the other hand I pledge allegiance to my lord and savior whom I worship as a christian. That ENDS my pledging.....I don't protest...don't really understand why the players would do something offensive that might hurt their pocketbook in a country that is all about the dollar and nothing more.

The NFL national anthem protesters are just more dumb racist Democrats.
This sort of left wing hate is going to hurt the Democrats reelections chances
_90980499_vetswhite.png
Democrats are horrible racist cretins and that is why they make politics about race
1200 people were killed-murdered by police and not one officer were found guilty.

Rast most left wing bigot hate the police. A Policeman has a 100% right to self defense just like everyone else. Policemen are very rarely convicted of murdering suspects because it very rarely happens.
Keep lying to yourself. Just so you know, we know that not all police is guilty but some are, and it needs to be addressed. Most countries don't have this issue....i grow up in a country where cops never fired a bullet.
I know it's hard to beleive but there are countries that don't have fatalities from guns be it police or civilians.

I don't watch pro sports anyway. Why a highly paid person would jeopardize their cash cow in a country that is all about the dollar is beyond me. At the same to e the over the top patriotism mumbo jumbo is garbage. People falling on either side are beyond nauseatingly ignorant.

America is getting fed up with Blacks. 13% of the population that commits 50% of the violent crimes. Compared to Blacks in Africa they really have a decent life. The only way you can get rich there is by becoming a warlord and murdering other tribes.

Talk is cheap and doesn't solve the problem. Just like riots don't solve the problem, protests don't solve the problem, anti-Ameircan displays don't solve the problem. The only thing they do is cost a lot of people a lot of money.

The NFL national anthem protesters are just more dumb racist Democrats.
This sort of left wing hate is going to hurt the Democrats reelections chances
_90980499_vetswhite.png
Democrats are horrible racist cretins and that is why they make politics about race
1200 people were killed-murdered by police and not one officer were found guilty.

Rast most left wing bigot hate the police. A Policeman has a 100% right to self defense just like everyone else. Policemen are very rarely convicted of murdering suspects because it very rarely happens.
Keep lying to yourself. Just so you know, we know that not all police is guilty but some are, and it needs to be addressed. Most countries don't have this issue....i grow up in a country where cops never fired a bullet.
I know it's hard to beleive but there are countries that don't have fatalities from guns be it police or civilians.

Then it's likely you grew up in a less diverse country than we have here.

Talk is cheap and doesn't solve the problem. Just like riots don't solve the problem, protests don't solve the problem, anti-Ameircan displays don't solve the problem. The only thing they do is cost a lot of people a lot of money.

How do you solve problems Ray?

The first thing is that people need to be aware there is a problem. That's where protesting comes in. Without the protests, you wouldn't be talking about this issue, you'd be saying everything is fine and dandy.

Fuck those overpaid football players, disrespecting the flag when men and women are dying for that flag in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Only they're not dying for the flag, are they? They're dying for Halliburton, Lockheed Martin, Boeing etc can get rich.

I’ll bite... What solves the problem?

Way too many NFL/Politics threads being started. Unless it's substantially new and different, stay in the merged ones. Moderation is gonna start moving some of these to Current Events and Sports.

Merged 4 from yesterday/today here. Already about dozen that have been merged. This thread will take awhile to sort out the different convos. Be patient.

Way too many NFL/Politics threads being started. Unless it's substantially new and different, stay in the merged ones. Moderation is gonna start moving some of these to Current Events and Sports.

Merged 4 from yesterday/today here. Already about dozen that have been merged. This thread will take awhile to sort out the different convos. Be patient.
You all over merge... we dont want to read through 36 pages of a conversation to join in and we have many different directions that conversations go in within each thread. I don’t even bother reading threads that already have dozens of comments. Please consider reducing the merging, your members will thank you

Nothing can solve the problem except time.....this nation has always been divided.

Yes, but there are solutions, or at least there are ways to make things better. The problem is the US govt is incapable of doing anything.

How can a government force unity? By forcing us to display patriotism? That goes against all freedom.

How can a government force unity? By forcing us to display patriotism? That goes against all freedom.
A government can encourage unity through leadership and setting an example by how they conduct themselves. Something that they are epically failing at... starting from the very top

Forum List

Back