If you love America stay home

If you love America stay home and let these NFL and NBA spoiled mindless fools have to go out and get a real job. Most are not mentally capable of handling the higher paying jobs but they should be capable of doing manual labor if they are closely supervised. I will be watching and going to college games. I will not ever go to a NFL or NBA game again as long as this foolishness is going on. If I hear of any company that buys a TV ad for one of these games I will boycott that product and I hope others will do the same. I am just one but I am sure there are many more of us.
Let's stay home because the President tells us to do so? Because no more than ten NFL players protested? Seems like you and the President are giving the protests exactly what they want. Attention. Another course of action is to ignore them and they will dry up and blow away. You are free to boycott but I think it's kind of playing into the hands of the President's Outrage Machine. And the protesting players, of which there will be many more today. And the President will love it.

Hardly a surprise that you can't imagine that anyone would do anything other than follow his Dear Leader.

Normal Americans are sick of being insulted by Leftwing freaks. Why pay in time and money for the "privilege"? You loons are ruining professional sports, just like you ruined academia, Hollywood, the press and every other institution you invade.

The title of this thread is the height (read: nadir) of irony.....

"If you love America ---- a nation built on the concept of freedom of speech ---- don't you dare go to an event where people might be actually exercising it!"

:lmao:

"If you love America ---- a nation built on the concept of freedom of speech ---- don't you dare go to an event where people might be actually exercising it!"

Freedom of speech also means others have the Freedom to ignore what you have to say. There is no obligation for anyone to pay to be insulted.

No, he's just a lying pos, like all of them.

How did I lie? Be specific.
Typical liberal game boy remark. I've studied you turds for years and you all play the same simple minded game.

In other words, I didn't lie.
A lie is something someone relates that they know not to be true....or that they know they can't prove.

Like when Mike calls people liars and is unable to prove it? Totally agree.

You on the other hand, thankfully gave up on your own twisted argument. It's not too late in life to learn something.
That's a circular argument.
It doesn't prove anything.
Besides....I'm not the one calling you a liar.
I just asked you to put up or shut up.

How did I lie? Be specific.
Typical liberal game boy remark. I've studied you turds for years and you all play the same simple minded game.

A lie is something someone relates that they know not to be true....or that they know they can't prove.

You on the other hand, thankfully gave up on your own twisted argument. It's not too late in life to learn something.

Once again, what did I lie about?

We're not telling them they can't do it.
We're just telling them if they continue to tell us to get fucked we won't watch them anymore.
I'm sure theirs plenty of players out there waiting for a call from a team that will be willing to stand up during the National Anthem.

Once again, what did I lie about?
Once again, I said prove that Trump is a criminal and that he broke the law.
And once again you deflect.

You also claim there is some sort of valid injustice that these racist players are protesting, but what they're really protesting is the existence of whites in America.

Freedom of speech also means others have the Freedom to ignore what you have to say. There is no obligation for anyone to pay to be insulted.

And there is no obligation to BE insulted.

Just as there is no obligation to play a frickin' national anthem before a frickin' sports event.
But there is taxpayer money for it, until somebody finds out.

That's OK right?

If you love America stay home and let these NFL and NBA spoiled mindless fools have to go out and get a real job. Most are not mentally capable of handling the higher paying jobs but they should be capable of doing manual labor if they are closely supervised. I will be watching and going to college games. I will not ever go to a NFL or NBA game again as long as this foolishness is going on. If I hear of any company that buys a TV ad for one of these games I will boycott that product and I hope others will do the same. I am just one but I am sure there are many more of us.
If you don't think that President Trump and Stephen Miller are clapping their hands together and giggling like schoolgirls at seeing this photo this am, you don't know what is happening.

imrs.php
I see overt racism.

Then you don't see what is happening here. You are being manipulated as much as the players in this photo. Enjoy yourself. Be OUTRAGED!
In what way am I being manipulated?
I figure if these racists want to go down this road they do so at their own peril. More power to them.
None of this crap even effects me because my job doesn't depend on if people watch my product.
If the NFL wants to mouth off and act like anti-American politically-correct assholes I hope they're ready to pay the price.

Let's see. North Korea's got an H bomb and is belligerent. Iran too. Puerto Rico is under water. Congress can't find its butt with two hands to pass health care, tax reform, or much of anything.

But OMG 10-20 players are kneeling during a song! OMG OMG OMG!

That's how you're being manipulated. President Trump and Stephen Miller are right now giggling like schoolgirls at the increased number of protests and your increased outrage. Ever stop to wonder why that is?

We are just expressing our disapproval of these dumb jocks. At least we're not rioting, tearing down statues or pressuring our governments to remove the confederate flag.

We're just telling them if they continue to tell us to get fucked we won't watch them anymore.
I'm sure theirs plenty of players out there waiting for a call from a team that will be willing to stand up during the National Anthem.

I didn't say anybody's claiming they "can't do it".

I'm saying it's ironic that the OP claims to "love America" while clearly despising its principles.

Irony does not mean "can't".

Just as there is no obligation to play a frickin' national anthem before a frickin' sports event.

That's OK right?

The owners and league are perfectly free to manage their business however they see fit; just as the fans are free to stop patronizing said business if they don't like what is being done. That's what's happening here, bub.

I'll also note the hypocrisy of an incredibly profitable (although that is going to decline) business being run as a Non-profit and gobbling up tons of subsidies. These aspects as enough for me to not give them my time and money.

That's OK right?

The owners and league are perfectly free to manage their business however they see fit; just as the fans are free to stop patronizing said business if they don't like what is being done. That's what's happening here, bub.

Nope, they're not. It's actually illegal. That's why two (Republican) Senators investigated it and why the NFL had to return seven hundred thousand bucks. To the taxpayer, out of umpteen million.

"Bub".

Yeah. Kinda sounds like Berkeley, doesn't it?

That's OK right?

Nope, they're not. It's actually illegal. That's why two (Republican) Senators investigated it and why the NFL had to return seven hundred thousand bucks.

"Bub".

Several Hundred Thousands! Try again. They still have the tax advantages of a "non-profit", and subsidized stadiums across the country.

This is as ridiculous as it is ignorant and wrong.

I didn't say anybody's claiming they "can't do it".

I'm saying it's ironic that the OP claims to "love America" while clearly despising its principles.

Irony does not mean "can't".
Well there's the rub...bubba.
If you love merika you also despise anyone who hates it and rubs it in your face.
There's nothing ironic about that.
What's ironic is you enjoy it when people piss all over the Constitution and then you turn around and try to use it against anyone who says anything about it.

You have to understand, this isn't just NFL athletes disrespecting the flag, they are saying they "resist" the American Democratic process and all that America stands for. And it's not just Donald Trump who happens to be President at this time. If Mike Pence succeeds Trump in 2020, rest assured the protests will continue.

What they want is to eradicate opposition to the Leftist agenda. It's jut a continuation of BLM, Antifa and so forth. This is an infection that will spread and become fatal if not treated now and treated hard.

Continue supporting the NFL at your own peril. At some point you will either have to also stand for what is right......or become their lapdog and suffer the consequences and there will be.....there already are.

That's OK right?

Nope, they're not. It's actually illegal. That's why two (Republican) Senators investigated it and why the NFL had to return seven hundred thousand bucks.

"Bub".

Several Hundred Thousands! Try again. They still have the tax advantages of a "non-profit", and subsidized stadiums across the country.

I rounded it down. It was 723 something.

Whatever corporate welfare goes on with those stadia and eminent domain issues --- which also apply to baseball --- has absolutely ZERO to do with the Pentagon's pimping pretend patriotism (which also applies to baseball and a slew of other pro sports). Yet you seem to go all crickets on that, preferring to change the subject.

That's deflection of topic, fifteen yards and loss of down. :nono:

Forum List

Back