Illegally pass a school bus............get your picture taken and a fine.

Wow......................you appear to not really care about kids being safe. Yes, most of the time kids DO look out for traffic, but sometimes they don't, they're kids and still learning about how things work. As adults with a license and a car, the adults should be more cognizant about what is going on, as they are the ones operating the vehicle.
Exactly.

This is not hard, or at least it shouldn't be, if you're an adult of average intelligence.

I refrained from saying that. She's like a sticky booger that can't be flicked.

Oh dear, another left loon chimes in...

I'm curious, I should care why? I despise leftist loons and simply said respect a big yellow vehicle with flashing lights and a stop arm.

Oh wait...the grooming comment got you worked up... it's now clear

Idiots in a hurry who pass stopped school buses that are loading and unloading children are now starting to become equipped with cameras which will take a picture of the license plate of the car doing the violation and sending them a ticket.

More and more school buses are being equipped with the cameras, and the footage is being sent to police who issue the fines to the owners of the vehicle.

Personally? I think it's a good idea.

I have a friend who drives a school bus, and a relative who is a police officer....even when you take down the license plate number of a guy running bus stop signs the police don't have time to go and find them......

I’m surprised they didn’t do it earlier.
Also provides evidence of when a child boarded and left a school bus
Our 2009 school bus came from Maryland. It was fully equipped and not retrofitted. Adds up to a lot of junk I still can't find any practical use for, lol.

Last edited:
What do those who pass a stopped school bus do with the extra 10 seconds?

I know...................but for some strange reason, it makes those who believe they are "entitled" to do whatever they wish, feel a bit more important, or like they are somehow getting over on the system.

Wow......................you appear to not really care about kids being safe.
Wow, you really appear to be an idiot. Yes, of course I want kids to be safe, that is my whole POINT. When I was a kid, my mother told me to WATCH THE FUCK OUT FOR TRAFFIC! I always watched for cars, gave them the right of way, walked facing them so I could see them coming and never assumed a car wasn't there or would stop! If YOU cared for kids, you'd be angry that schools and parents now are not doing that and putting all the onus on drivers operating 4500 pounds of steel.

I've seen kids completely OBLIVIOUS to the dangers around them, that's why they get hit. Once again, kids PUT into danger by liberal thinking when the ultimate responsibility lays with the kids to watch out for themselves because you can never guarantee that every car will stop, see or be able to avoid them.

I've seen kids walking up the street actually bang into cars which were trying to get around them passing slowly on THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ROAD completely oblivious to the cars even being there because the kids are not being taught responsibility for themselves.

Ever stop to think what will happen to these people as they get older? Or do you ever stop to think what would happen to any animal species in nature if they acted so oblivious to the danger around them?

Scrape kids off their bumper

But, considering that they have to take time for that, when they normally wouldn't have to do anything, doesn't that defeat the purpose?

But, there's not only the scraping, but also the dent repair, repainting, and then trying to hide the evidence. Sounds like the time saved is non existent.

Oh dear, another left loon chimes in...

I'm curious, I should care why? I despise leftist loons and simply said respect a big yellow vehicle with flashing lights and a stop arm.

Oh wait...the grooming comment got you worked up... it's now clear

Knee jerk.

They do it a lot but think we don't notice.

What do those who pass a stopped school bus do with the extra 10 seconds?
I read an article about how drivers have metamorphosed mental anxiety about being on time with (supposed) hectic schedules. They can drive the same route daily that has mph flow controlled signal lights, which they ignore or haven't figured out and consistently sit at red lights.

They have lost their minds.

My wife drove a school bus for several years. She was trained to stop at railroad crossings, open the door, and look both ways before proceeding. My question is, "What if a kid jumps out and gets hit by a passing train?"

My wife drove a school bus for several years. She was trained to stop at railroad crossings, open the door, and look both ways before proceeding. My question is, "What if a kid jumps out and gets hit by a passing train?"

I don't mind if they do it, as long as it doesn't take them five minutes. I've been behind school buses like that.

I have a friend who drives a school bus, and a relative who is a police officer....even when you take down the license plate number of a guy running bus stop signs the police don't have time to go and find them......

They can't issue citations based on what somebody said. They need to see it either live or on video.

Forum List

Back