Illinois Firearm Identification card ruled unConstitutional in state court....yes, this is correct.

Moron...you don't know what you are talking about......as more Americans went out in the last 26 years and bought, and carried guns,

And we have 14,415 gun homicides in 2016, compared to the 10,945 we had in 2014....

Guns in the United States — Firearms, gun law and gun control

Wrong...

Expanded Homicide Data Table 8

Gun murder from the FBI Uniform Crime report...

1997..... 10,729
1998..... 9,257
1999..... 8,480
2000..... 8,493
2001..... 8,719
2002... 9,369
2003.... 9,638
2004..... 9,385
2005.... 10,158
2006.... 10,225
2007 10,129
2008-- 9,528
2009-- 9,199
2010- 8,874
2011-- 8,653
2012-- 8,897
2013-- 8,454
2014-- 8,312
2015--9,616
2016--11,004
2017--10,982

Still all I ask is that every law-abiding citizen be required to be certified/trained/licensed proving they have the training and knowledge to handle guns safely.

What training is required to exercise your other Constitutional rights?

Which rights are you talking about?

Driving a car?

is that a "right" or a "privilege"?

training and license is required.

flying a plane?

is that a "right" or a "privilege"?

training and license is required.

Getting married?

license required

fishing?

license required.

Since GUNS can be dangerous and, if not properly handled, serious and even fatal accidents can occur, as a citizen who would prefer to NOT be accidentally shot by a moron all i ask is that you be trained and licensed to drive a car, fly a plane, handle dynamite, or own a weapon.

None of the things you listed is a Right.....Poll Taxes were used by democrats to keep the poor and blacks from voting, and Literacy tests were used by democrats in the same way...so no, no taxes, fees or training requirements for the exercise of a fundamental Right..

No, moron....we have more murders because we have had a longer period where our out of wedlock birthrates have created generations of fatherless boys and girls.....we have more knive murders and more murders with clubs and empty hands than those countries do.....but that is changing.

We have more murders because we have more guns... because the gun industry floods our streets with them.

Moron...you don't know what you are talking about......as more Americans went out in the last 26 years and bought, and carried guns, our gun murder rate went down 49%.....showing that your theory is just wrong. Britain had guns and had a low gun murder rate, long before they banned the guns, and their gun murder rate, after going up for 10 years after the ban, returned to the same level as before the ban...so access to guns by criminals who don't commit murder doesn't increase the gun murder rate......

Please engage your brain before you post.....

Wrong donkey butt. More are NOT carrying. Yes, more guns have been sold but more people are not buying them. It's primarily the same people buying multiple guns.

Wrong, doofus...that is the lie the anti-gunners tell to convince politicians it is okay to vote against gun Rights.

I would think that the Police and Military would be government authorities that we can trust on this matter.

Why would I need a license from the government to exercise a right guaranteed by government?

Do you think everyone trusts the police?

Rush Limbaugh does.

He claims that MOST policemen are CONSERVATIVES.

And I hear from conservatives that the MILITARY is mostly conservative.

I am truly sorry that my desire to not be accidentally shot might deny you the right to accidentally shoot me (is that a "right" or a "privilege"?).

600 million guns in private hands......accidental gun deaths....486....accidental car deaths...38,000

getting shot by accident is not a risk.....

Fatal Injury Data | WISQARS | Injury Center | CDC

2017 accidental gun death.....486

Guns....486

Cars....38,659

Poison...64,795
Fall (Gravity) ...36,338
Suffocation...6,946
Fire....2,902
Struck, by or against...819
Bicycle...345

No, moron....we have more murders because we have had a longer period where our out of wedlock birthrates have created generations of fatherless boys and girls.....we have more knive murders and more murders with clubs and empty hands than those countries do.....but that is changing.

We have more murders because we have more guns... because the gun industry floods our streets with them.

Moron...you don't know what you are talking about......as more Americans went out in the last 26 years and bought, and carried guns, our gun murder rate went down 49%.....showing that your theory is just wrong. Britain had guns and had a low gun murder rate, long before they banned the guns, and their gun murder rate, after going up for 10 years after the ban, returned to the same level as before the ban...so access to guns by criminals who don't commit murder doesn't increase the gun murder rate......

Please engage your brain before you post.....

Wrong donkey butt. More are NOT carrying. Yes, more guns have been sold but more people are not buying them. It's primarily the same people buying multiple guns.

Wrong, doofus...that is the lie the anti-gunners tell to convince politicians it is okay to vote against gun Rights.

Prove me wrong. I have already backed mine up. You back yours up for a change without all the bull crap you keep bringing up. The percentage of gun owning homes haven't changed in years yet the number of guns have gone up. Gee, does that mean.......

Oh, we have better things to do ... but we ain't doing them now.

SO you are a cop who doesn't trust other cops?

I trust cops ... to do what we are legally sanctioned and sufficiently trained to do.

"sufficiently trained to do."

the way I feel about people with guns!~

How do you know if/when a policeman is "sufficiently trained to do."

does he take courses?
like gun training and safety?

I am trained to use a firearm ... some policemen are trained to teach safe firearm use (at the academy). Not all police are trained to give that training.

so we ask the ones trained to do the training to ensure that all non-felon citizens that desire guns are trained in the safe handling and storage of firearms.

I hardly think it makes me a communist just because I want people to be trained to safely handle firearms.

If you pulled me over for speeding and asked to see my license and i said "license? I don't need no stinking license!" how quickly would you put me in jail?

I want people driving on the roads to be trained and licensed. I imagine you do, too.

Since guns are EASILY as dangerous cars it is merely rational to want gun owners to be safe.

Nope......Europe uses training requirements as just one more way to keep people from owning and carrying guns, so only the rich and politically connected can afford the time and money it takes to get the training......sorry, a non starter....

And as the following article shows...criminals don't do "training requirements" to get their illegal guns.....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...b6bce2-b78b-11e4-bc30-a4e75503948a_story.html

In contrast with the free-firing United States, Europe is generally seen as a haven from serious gun violence. Here in Denmark, handguns and semiautomatic rifles are all but banned.

Hunting rifles are legally available only to those with squeaky-clean backgrounds who have passed a rigorous exam covering everything from gun safety to the mating habits of Denmark’s wildlife.

“There’s a book about 1,000 pages thick,” said Tonni Rigby, one of only two licensed firearms dealers in Copenhagen. “You have to know all of it.”

But if you want an illicit assault rifle, such as the one used by a 22-year-old to rake a Copenhagen cafe with 28 bullets on Saturday, all it takes are a few connections and some cash.

“It’s very easy to get such a weapon,” said Hans Jorgen Bonnichsen, a former operations director for the Danish security service PET. “It’s not only a problem for Denmark. It’s a problem for all of Europe.

Any tax or fee on the exercise of a Right is unConstitutional.....see Murdock v Pennsylvania, and now a judge in Illinois, even with morons in charge of the state, finds the FOID card, unConstitutional.....the card is required in Illinois to own a gun...

Illinois Circuit Judge Rules FOID Card Unconstitutional; Attorney General Reportedly Appealing to IL Supreme Court - The Truth About Guns

The case began with the March 2017 arrest of a now-divorced, 4′ 11″ fifty-something woman for the high crime of possessing a single-shot .22 rifle for self-defense. Obviously, she’s not exactly Bonnie Parker of Bonnie and Clyde fame. She failed to have a FOID card for her rifle, despite eligibility to receive one. In February 2018, a White County judge ruled the FOID Act unconstitutional.

10. In this case the facts show the defendant possessed a gun, in her house, for the purpose of self-defense without a FOID card. To require the defendant to fill out a form, provide a picture ID and pay a $10 fee to obtain a FOID card before she can exercise her constitutional right to self-defense with a firearm is a violation of the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution as applied to the States and a violation of Article I, Section 22, of the Constitution of the State of Illinois, as applied to this case only.

11. Based upon the forgoing, the Court finds 430 ILCS 65/2(a)(l) unconstitutional as applied to this case.

Motions and counter-motions poured in, and in October 2018, the judge reaffirmed his ruling and expanded upon it.

3. The Court supplements its ruling of February 2, 2018, as follows:

a. To comply with 430 ILCS 65/2(a)(l) a person must have a FOID card on their person when in either actual or constructive possession of a firearm or ammunition. Owning a FOID card is insufficient to comply with the statute. See People v. Eldens, 63 Ill.App.3d 554 (Fifth Dist. 1978) and People v. Cahill, 37 Ill.App.3d 361 (Second Dist. Second Div. 1976). A person is in constructive possession of a firearm or ammunition when: (1) The person has knowledge of the presence of a weapon or ammunition, and (2) That person is in immediate and exclusive control over the area where the firearm or ammunition is located.

Due to the language of 430 ILCS 65/2(a)(l) and the Court’s interpretation of the statute, it is clear that compliance is impossible when one is in ·their own home. No person could have their FOID card on their person 24 hours each and every day when firearms or ammunition are in the house.

In addition, every person in the home (family member, friend, spouse, etc.) who has knowledge of the firearms or ammunition and has immediate and exclusive control of the area where the firearms or ammunition is located, who does not have a FOID card, would be in violation of the statute.

Thus, 430 ILCS 65/2(a)(l) is unconstitutional, as applied to this defendant, because it is impossible to comply in the person’s .own home. As an alternative, if 430 ILCS 65/2(a)(l) is constitutional then it becomes obvious the legislature did not intend the ~tatute to apply in one’s own home due to impossibility of compliance.
So then you're against voter ID as well, right?

Nope.....all you do is verify who you are....I will more than happy show my Drivers license when I buy a gun......

SO you are a cop who doesn't trust other cops?

I trust cops ... to do what we are legally sanctioned and sufficiently trained to do.

does he take courses?

I am trained to use a firearm ... some policemen are trained to teach safe firearm use (at the academy). Not all police are trained to give that training.

so we ask the ones trained to do the training to ensure that all non-felon citizens that desire guns are trained in the safe handling and storage of firearms.

I hardly think it makes me a communist just because I want people to be trained to safely handle firearms.

If you pulled me over for speeding and asked to see my license and i said "license? I don't need no stinking license!" how quickly would you put me in jail?

I want people driving on the roads to be trained and licensed. I imagine you do, too.

Since guns are EASILY as dangerous cars it is merely rational to want gun owners to be safe.

Nope......Europe uses training requirements as just one more way to keep people from owning and carrying guns, so only the rich and politically connected can afford the time and money it takes to get the training......sorry, a non starter....

And as the following article shows...criminals don't do "training requirements" to get their illegal guns.....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...b6bce2-b78b-11e4-bc30-a4e75503948a_story.html

In contrast with the free-firing United States, Europe is generally seen as a haven from serious gun violence. Here in Denmark, handguns and semiautomatic rifles are all but banned.

Hunting rifles are legally available only to those with squeaky-clean backgrounds who have passed a rigorous exam covering everything from gun safety to the mating habits of Denmark’s wildlife.

“There’s a book about 1,000 pages thick,” said Tonni Rigby, one of only two licensed firearms dealers in Copenhagen. “You have to know all of it.”

But if you want an illicit assault rifle, such as the one used by a 22-year-old to rake a Copenhagen cafe with 28 bullets on Saturday, all it takes are a few connections and some cash.

“It’s very easy to get such a weapon,” said Hans Jorgen Bonnichsen, a former operations director for the Danish security service PET. “It’s not only a problem for Denmark. It’s a problem for all of Europe.

You know we don't always have to go from one extreme to the other.

It isn't necessarily a case of "if you allow gays to marry then people will marry their pets"

I respect your right to be pigheaded and stubborn on any issue of your choice.

I, however, pigheadedly and stubbornly, still believe that people choosing to own weapons (or drive a car) (or fly a plane) be trained and licensed.

It wasn't very expensive to get a car license.

I imagine it is possible to keep the expense of a gun license low.

I don't want an untrained, unlicensed moron flying a plane and causing a tragedy

I don't want untrained and unlicensed drivers driving cars and plowing into people

and I don't want untrained and unlicensed gun owners accidently shooting their own children.

or anyone else.

If driving and flying license are acceptable then I contend that so is a gun license.

Then you can share my Tanguery.

That's mighty neighborly of you...

tumblr_ljd1kk6p6u1qda8iw.jpg
modern times?

does he take courses?

It isn't necessarily a case of "if you allow gays to marry then people will marry their pets"

I, however, pigheadedly and stubbornly, still believe that people choosing to own weapons (or drive a car) (or fly a plane) be trained and licensed.

I don't want an untrained, unlicensed moron flying a plane and causing a tragedy

I don't want untrained and unlicensed drivers driving cars and plowing into people

and I don't want untrained and unlicensed gun owners accidently shooting their own children.

or anyone else.

If driving and flying license are acceptable then I contend that so is a gun license.

You don't have an entire political party and political movement trying to keep people from owning cars.....you have exactly that when it comes to guns. So, sorry, you don't know what you are talking about. First, the equivalent of a Poll Tax or Literacy Test for owning and carrying a gun is UnConstitutional, since both actions are a Right, not a privilege.......Second, any mandatory training requirement will be exploited by anti-gun democrats and activists to put them out of reach of as many people as they can...the poor first, middle class next......

You don't understand the issues involved, you don't understand the anti-gun activists and democrat party politicians......

does he take courses?

or anyone else.

You don't have an entire political party and political movement trying to keep people from owning cars.....you have exactly that when it comes to guns. So, sorry, you don't know what you are talking about. First, the equivalent of a Poll Tax or Literacy Test for owning and carrying a gun is UnConstitutional, since both actions are a Right, not a privilege.......Second, any mandatory training requirement will be exploited by anti-gun democrats and activists to put them out of reach of as many people as they can...the poor first, middle class next......

You don't understand the issues involved, you don't understand the anti-gun activists and democrat party politicians......

"You don't have an entire political party and political movement trying to keep people from owning cars..."

sadly there is no political party that represents me and MOST REAL Americans. I hate the left, I hate the right. I FEAR the left, I FEAR the right. The LEFT is way too extreme, the RIGHT is way too extreme.

I want a political party that isn't at war with guns, pot, religion, evolution, gays, women, men, blacks, whites.....

that party doesn't exist.

"you don't understand the anti-gun activists and democrat party politicians......"

to be honest I don't understand either side.

You may choose to ignore the zealots on the right while focusing on the zealots to the left but I'm keeping an eye on both.

or anyone else.

"You don't have an entire political party and political movement trying to keep people from owning cars..."

sadly there is no political party that represents me and MOST REAL Americans. I hate the left, I hate the right. I FEAR the left, I FEAR the right. The LEFT is way too extreme, the RIGHT is way too extreme.

I want a political party that isn't at war with guns, pot, religion, evolution, gays, women, men, blacks, whites.....

"you don't understand the anti-gun activists and democrat party politicians......"

You may choose to ignore the zealots on the right while focusing on the zealots to the left but I'm keeping an eye on both.

You may choose to ignore the zealots on the right while focusing on the zealots to the left

You are not paying attention...we are talking the 2nd Amendment and the democrats are the party that want to end the ability to own and carry a gun for self defense.......you are choosing to not understand this, or you are blinded by your "being above" the fray...

or anyone else.

You may choose to ignore the zealots on the right while focusing on the zealots to the left

You are not paying attention...we are talking the 2nd Amendment and the democrats are the party that want to end the ability to own and carry a gun for self defense.......you are choosing to not understand this, or you are blinded by your "being above" the fray...

"You are not paying attention...we are talking the 2nd Amendment and the democrats are the party that want to end the ability to own and carry a gun for self defense.......you are choosing to not understand this, or you are blinded by your "being above" the fray..."

I see.

SO you only care about 1 issue.

Fine.

I am concerned with a range of issues.

I support your right to own guns.
I merely ask that you be licensed (by the police or military) to handle them safely.

or anyone else.

"You are not paying attention...we are talking the 2nd Amendment and the democrats are the party that want to end the ability to own and carry a gun for self defense.......you are choosing to not understand this, or you are blinded by your "being above" the fray..."

I see.

Fine.

I merely ask that you be licensed (by the police or military) to handle them safely.

No, I am concerned about numerous issues, but we were discussing the 2nd Amendment. You ask for something that isn't allowed under our Rights or the Constitution....and it isn't necessary...

Again....600 million guns in private hands, 17.25 million people carrying guns for self defense........accidental gun deaths in 2017? 486.

Accidental car deaths.....38,000....

or anyone else.

I see.

Fine.

I merely ask that you be licensed (by the police or military)

this is how the Mexican government does it.....they have only one gun store in the entire country, it is located on a military base.......anyone who wants the limited selection of guns has to get licensed by the police and military......and their gun murder rate dwarfs ours.......

or anyone else.

I see.

Fine.

this is how the Mexican government does it.....they have only one gun store in the entire country, it is located on a military base.......anyone who wants the limited selection of guns has to get licensed by the police and military......and their gun murder rate dwarfs ours.......

and of course we all remember when they FORCED us to get drivers licenses and then rounded us all up!

and then they forced us to get marriage licenses and later on came in the middle of the night to take our spouses away.....

I know that what I am asking for is OUTRAGEOUS and DRACONIAN and FASCIST!

but I still maintain that anyone who wishes to play with guns be properly trained and licensed.

Now....I have to go get some medicine at the pharmacy....

I sure hope the pharmacist is trained and licensed.....
(and nobody has rounded him up!)

and while I am driving there I sure hope an UNTRAINED and UNLICENSED driver doesn't crash into me and kill me.

There is, of course, NO CHANCE that a TRAINED and LICENSED driver might crash into me because they have all been rounded up......

I see.

Fine.

and of course we all remember when they FORCED us to get drivers licenses and then rounded us all up!

and then they forced us to get marriage licenses and later on came in the middle of the night to take our spouses away.....

I know that what I am asking for is OUTRAGEOUS and DRACONIAN and FASCIST!

but I still maintain that anyone who wishes to play with guns be properly trained and licensed.

Now....I have to go get some medicine at the pharmacy....

I sure hope the pharmacist is trained and licensed.....
(and nobody has rounded him up!)

and while I am driving there I sure hope an UNTRAINED and UNLICENSED driver doesn't crash into me and kill me.

There is, of course, NO CHANCE that a TRAINED and LICENSED driver might crash into me because they have all been rounded up......

Yeah.... you don't want to understand, you don't understand, or you understand and are just being an idiot.

Every place where they registered guns, after first requiring Licensing and training? They eventually banned and confiscated guns...as seen in Germany, Britain, Australia, and now, most recently, New Zealand......

The left wing in this country wants to ban and confiscate guns...they are doing it one gun or piece of equipment at a time, or through whole categories of guns when they get the political power...

you have no grasp of the truth of this situation and how guns are different from everything else you mentioned.

does he take courses?

or anyone else.

And neither do you, cupcake.

Forum List

Back