Illinois Firearm Identification card ruled unConstitutional in state court....yes, this is correct.

that every cop on the face of the Earth has nothing better to do than to blow me away

Oh, we have better things to do ... but we ain't doing them now.

SO you are a cop who doesn't trust other cops?

I trust cops ... to do what we are legally sanctioned and sufficiently trained to do.

"sufficiently trained to do."

the way I feel about people with guns!~

How do you know if/when a policeman is "sufficiently trained to do."

does he take courses?
like gun training and safety?

I am trained to use a firearm ... some policemen are trained to teach safe firearm use (at the academy). Not all police are trained to give that training.

so we ask the ones trained to do the training to ensure that all non-felon citizens that desire guns are trained in the safe handling and storage of firearms.

I hardly think it makes me a communist just because I want people to be trained to safely handle firearms.

If you pulled me over for speeding and asked to see my license and i said "license? I don't need no stinking license!" how quickly would you put me in jail?

I want people driving on the roads to be trained and licensed. I imagine you do, too.

Since guns are EASILY as dangerous cars it is merely rational to want gun owners to be safe.

No matter how surly you get, I will smile, be cheerful and show cooperation no matter what and have a box of donuts in reserve in plain site.

Keep those doughnuts out of 'sight', people have been shot for less.

If you pulled me over for speeding and asked to see my license and i said "license? I don't need no stinking license!" how quickly would you put me in jail?

As long as I can establish your identity in another way, you won't go to jail at all. You'll get a fine.

Any tax or fee on the exercise of a Right is unConstitutional.....see Murdock v Pennsylvania, and now a judge in Illinois, even with morons in charge of the state, finds the FOID card, unConstitutional.....the card is required in Illinois to own a gun...

Illinois Circuit Judge Rules FOID Card Unconstitutional; Attorney General Reportedly Appealing to IL Supreme Court - The Truth About Guns

The case began with the March 2017 arrest of a now-divorced, 4′ 11″ fifty-something woman for the high crime of possessing a single-shot .22 rifle for self-defense. Obviously, she’s not exactly Bonnie Parker of Bonnie and Clyde fame. She failed to have a FOID card for her rifle, despite eligibility to receive one. In February 2018, a White County judge ruled the FOID Act unconstitutional.

10. In this case the facts show the defendant possessed a gun, in her house, for the purpose of self-defense without a FOID card. To require the defendant to fill out a form, provide a picture ID and pay a $10 fee to obtain a FOID card before she can exercise her constitutional right to self-defense with a firearm is a violation of the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution as applied to the States and a violation of Article I, Section 22, of the Constitution of the State of Illinois, as applied to this case only.

11. Based upon the forgoing, the Court finds 430 ILCS 65/2(a)(l) unconstitutional as applied to this case.

Motions and counter-motions poured in, and in October 2018, the judge reaffirmed his ruling and expanded upon it.

3. The Court supplements its ruling of February 2, 2018, as follows:

a. To comply with 430 ILCS 65/2(a)(l) a person must have a FOID card on their person when in either actual or constructive possession of a firearm or ammunition. Owning a FOID card is insufficient to comply with the statute. See People v. Eldens, 63 Ill.App.3d 554 (Fifth Dist. 1978) and People v. Cahill, 37 Ill.App.3d 361 (Second Dist. Second Div. 1976). A person is in constructive possession of a firearm or ammunition when: (1) The person has knowledge of the presence of a weapon or ammunition, and (2) That person is in immediate and exclusive control over the area where the firearm or ammunition is located.

Due to the language of 430 ILCS 65/2(a)(l) and the Court’s interpretation of the statute, it is clear that compliance is impossible when one is in ·their own home. No person could have their FOID card on their person 24 hours each and every day when firearms or ammunition are in the house.

In addition, every person in the home (family member, friend, spouse, etc.) who has knowledge of the firearms or ammunition and has immediate and exclusive control of the area where the firearms or ammunition is located, who does not have a FOID card, would be in violation of the statute.

Thus, 430 ILCS 65/2(a)(l) is unconstitutional, as applied to this defendant, because it is impossible to comply in the person’s .own home. As an alternative, if 430 ILCS 65/2(a)(l) is constitutional then it becomes obvious the legislature did not intend the ~tatute to apply in one’s own home due to impossibility of compliance.
So then you're against voter ID as well, right?

No matter how surly you get, I will smile, be cheerful and show cooperation no matter what and have a box of donuts in reserve in plain site.

Keep those doughnuts out of 'sight', people have been shot for less.

Its' covered until just before the cop gets out of his cruiser. It's pre opened so that the cop doesn't think I am going for a deadly weapon. Wait a minute, a box of donuts IS a deadly weapon.

As long as I can establish your identity in another way, you won't go to jail at all. You'll get a fine.

My rolling joke with the cops here is to bet for them to arrest me while I show them my ID. Wow, 3 hots and a cot with library privileges. Sounds like a vacation to me. They always look down at the ground to prevent me seeing them smiling and refuse the arrest.

that every cop on the face of the Earth has nothing better to do than to blow me away

Chocolate?
Jelly?
or mixed?

All the above and with Sprinkles. Nothing shall be scrimped to make the cop happy. A Happy cop usually just gives a warning. A Donut munching Cop carrying a dozen mixed donuts can't seem to write a damned thing.

Chocolate?
Jelly?
or mixed?

All the above and with Sprinkles. Nothing shall be scrimped to make the cop happy. A Happy cop usually just gives a warning. A Donut munching Cop carrying a dozen mixed donuts can't seem to write a damned thing.

Don't tell anyone, I don't even like doughnuts.

everyone who owns a gun knows how to handle it safely.
trained and licensed by POLICE or MILITARY is all I require.
Police and Military don't always handle guns in a safe manner.
Ok
Still all I ask is that every law-abiding citizen be required to be certified/trained/licensed proving they have the training and knowledge to handle guns safely.
Sorry - in America we don't need to take a class and pass a test before we can exercise a right.

Chocolate?
Jelly?
or mixed?

Chocolate, chocolate glazed, jelly and bismarks!

Because I am pre-diabetic and 1. would rather stay healthy and 2. don't want to be an expen$ive drain on THE SYSTEM so I exercise, eat healthy and STAY WAY FROM THE DONUTS!...

I miss the occasional chocolate donut, though

Chocolate?
Jelly?
or mixed?

Then you can share my Tanguery.

Then you can share my Tanguery.

That's mighty neighborly of you...

tumblr_ljd1kk6p6u1qda8iw.jpg

Holy shit, WOW!!!!

It took them that long?

I have no problem with non-felonious citizens owning guns.

I just prefer to limit the tragedies of gun accidents by ensuring that everyone who owns a gun knows how to handle it safely.

trained and licensed by POLICE or MILITARY is all I require.

And that would be a way to keep people from owning guns.....which is how they do it in Europe for the few hunting shotguns they allow the rich people to own.

Forum List

Back