I'm Done Eating At Burger King

Predfan, you apparently don't understand state finances. When a state like Nebraska underfunds highways, broadband, education, medicaid, etc., it's citizens, communities, counties, and state infrastructure falls into a "stressed" category and allows application for federal aid and grants. IOW, red states like Nebraska have relatively low state taxes, but that means they don't fully fund things they need; consequently, they get aid from all other states through pooled federal funds--paid by federal taxes.

I see this all of the time. Yes, Nebraska farmers get checks from the federal government, paid by federal taxes.

Get it yet?

When an American Company moves its headquarters out of the nation to avoid paying taxes then it is no longer an American company and not worthy of my business.

Burger King to buy Tim Hortons with help from Warren Buffett move headquarters to Canada - NY Daily News
A liberal pissed off at a burger chain owned by another liberal who wants to avoid paying high taxes? :muahaha:
I don't care much about the "liberal vs. conservative" game you play all the time. I know THIS--when BK pays taxes in Canada instead of the U.S., it costs the U.S. some jobs. (If you don't know why this is, we're done talking.)

So I will not patronize BK anymore; there are plenty of other options. Besides, BK serves food for fattys.

Well, I wonder how you figure that??
Had you or anyone else been paying attention if and when BK moves it's corporate HQ's to Canada only one thing will actually occur.

No matter whether BKCHQ's are in the US or Canada all of the US EARNING' tax at a rate of about 35%.

If BKCHO's are in the US, CANADIAN EARNING's tax at a rate of about 26% in CANADA, the US taxes an additional 9% on those earnings, making the effect tax rate 35%.

If BKCHQ;s are in CANADA, the CANADIAN EARNING's tax at a rate of about 26%.

Now where in the hell do you see any thing remotely connected to fucking JOB's??
I'm becoming increasingly convinced that right wingers have little or no understanding of economic flow.

When BK pays taxes to another economy instead of the U.S., the money is circulated in THAT OTHER ECONOMY, not the U.S. Do you not understand the concept of economic circulation? Perhaps you do not.

When an American Company moves its headquarters out of the nation to avoid paying taxes then it is no longer an American company and not worthy of my business.

Burger King to buy Tim Hortons with help from Warren Buffett move headquarters to Canada - NY Daily News
A liberal pissed off at a burger chain owned by another liberal who wants to avoid paying high taxes? :muahaha:
I don't care much about the "liberal vs. conservative" game you play all the time. I know THIS--when BK pays taxes in Canada instead of the U.S., it costs the U.S. some jobs. (If you don't know why this is, we're done talking.)

So I will not patronize BK anymore; there are plenty of other options. Besides, BK serves food for fattys.

Had you or anyone else been paying attention if and when BK moves it's corporate HQ's to Canada only one thing will actually occur.

No matter whether BKCHQ's are in the US or Canada all of the US EARNING' tax at a rate of about 35%.

If BKCHO's are in the US, CANADIAN EARNING's tax at a rate of about 26% in CANADA, the US taxes an additional 9% on those earnings, making the effect tax rate 35%.

Now where in the hell do you see any thing remotely connected to fucking JOB's??
I'm becoming increasingly convinced that right wingers have little or no understanding of economic flow.

When BK pays taxes to another economy instead of the U.S., the money is circulated in THAT OTHER ECONOMY, not the U.S. Do you not understand the concept of economic circulation? Perhaps you do not.

The business that BK does in another country is already circulating money in that country. Why on earth is that a problem? It doesn't keep BK from doing business in the U.S. and paying taxes on that business.

No other developed country taxes income earned in other countries. The U.S. should conform to that practice as well.

If BKCHO's are in the US, CANADIAN EARNING's tax at a rate of about 26% in CANADA, the US taxes an additional 9% on those earnings, making then effect tax rate 35%.

The money in Canada is Candian money (not US as you would like your talking points to infer), the taxes paid on those earnings have in no way, shape, form or fashion any connection to the US. The merger allows BK to obtain Tim Horton's to serve out of and reduces Canadian Burger King Restaurants liability to the US tax division. That money earned in Canada by a Canadian Based company have claims to them how by the US??

I understand, I am just not sure your pay grade is high enough to participate in this discussion, but if you insist on me making a fool of you, or allowing you to make a fool of your self then carry on ...............

If BKCHO's are in the US, CANADIAN EARNING's tax at a rate of about 26% in CANADA, the US taxes an additional 9% on those earnings, making then effect tax rate 35%.

The money in Canada is Candian money (not US as you would like your talking points to infer), the taxes paid on those earnings have in no way, shape, form or fashion any connection to the US. The merger allows BK to obtain Tim Horton's to serve out of and reduces Canadian Burger King Restaurants liability to the US tax division. That money earned in Canada by a Canadian Based company have claims to them how by the US??

I understand, I am just not sure your pay grade is high enough to participate in this discussion, but if you insist on me making a fool of you, or allowing you to make a fool of your self then carry on ...............

It was my understanding that BK is moving its corporate headquarters to Canada to shift tax liability. Did I misunderstand? Because you seem to infer that the only tax liability that is affected is Canadian sales; that is NOT my understanding at all.

It was my understanding that BK is moving its corporate headquarters to Canada to shift tax liability. Did I misunderstand? Because you seem to infer that the only tax liability that is affected is Canadian sales; that is NOT my understanding at all.

BK is moving so that the U.S. doesn't tax the income it earns in other countries. Regardless of where its HQ is, it will still pay U.S. taxes on its business here in the U.S.

The reason that there is so much cash sitting overseas is that U.S. businesses cannot repatriate that tax to the U.S. without incurring Double Taxation. This means they cannot invest here at home. It's insane, but that is the system our Bright Lights in D.C. have designed.

Then perhaps you should do some more research ..............
Yes that is how the cow eats cabbage, take it to the fucking bank!!

Perhaps you should do some more research........
Yes that is how the cow ate the cabbage!!

For my taste burger king was of last resort, any of the fast food chains are trash. Hopefully, burger king will take all their business out of the US.
You see here, and with the typical responses from those "mostly"on the right, what their idea of patriotism really consist.
But , help us if they need boots on the ground. Then its everyone help us out. Please.
I say good by to burger king if you want it your way. Leave.
:fu:

For my taste burger king was of last resort, any of the fast food chains are trash. Hopefully, burger king will take all their business out of the US.
You see here, and with the typical responses from those "mostly"on the right, what their idea of patriotism really consist.
But , help us if they need boots on the ground. Then its everyone help us out. Please.
I say good by to burger king if you want it your way. Leave.
:fu:

I'm sure all the employees who earn money working for BK appreciate your sentiment.

Not.

The Whopper Takes On Canada: Burger King, Tim Hortons Soar On Merger Talks
Comment Now
Follow Comments
whopper-burger-king-e1408976918698.png

What do they call a Whopper in Quebec? Soon it may be “resident taxpayer.”

Burger King and Tim Hortons confirmed reports on Sunday night that the two companies are in talks to complete a merger. The deal would create the third-largest fast food restaurant company in the world, with about $22 billion in system sales (mostly franchised) and over 18,000 restaurants across 100 countries.

The two companies said in a joint statement that they would benefit “from shared corporate services, best practices and global scale and reach,” especially in leveraging Burger King’s international experience for the slightly smaller doughnut chain. But the true motivation is likely corporate tax avoidance: the increasingly-common “inversion.”

In the deal, Burger King can change its tax domicile to Canada, the home of Tim Hortons, and save millions by switching to the favorable corporate income tax rates there. As Forbes’ Jeremy Bogaisky writes, Canada still has higher personal income tax than the United States (average of 42%) — but Prime Minister Stephen Harper slashed the country’s corporate tax to just 15%. The US rate is 35%, before various deductions and loopholes.

Investors love the idea. Tim Hortons shares opened up 20%, and Burger King’s rose 15%. Each company’s shares are now up 30% year to date.

351e17bbcf5b4fd6458dca18cd503fed.png

Federal regulators, on the other hand, will be unhappy to hear this news. Less well-known pharmaceutical companies have so far been pioneers in the recent spike in inversion interest. Earlier this month, Walgreens declined to undergo an inversion when it completed a purchase of Alliance Boots, based in Switzerland. Walgreens noted that it “was mindful of the ongoing public reaction to a potential inversion and Walgreen's WAG -0.02% unique role as an American consumer retail company with a major portion of its revenues derived from government-funded reimbursement programs.”

Wall Street punished Walgreens by driving its stock down more than 15% in the wake of that decision.

Fast Food Workers Strike: We Can't Survive On $7.25
1 of 11

See where they talk about increase in stock prices, offsets any boycott by a huge margin ...............

Get the fuck over it folks, this IS the coming future for our Corporations who have the ability!!

Anybody or anything that takes a stand against excessive taxation deserves support from Americans. Not, though, from either Kenyans or liberals posing as Americans.

ignorant people who don't understand that you don't divest your country of revenues do not deserve support.

there are good and proper taxes. there are bad taxes. you need to be discerning enough to understand which is which.

there will always BE taxes. and there SHOULD be because that's how we pay for things like roads.

I understand rightwingers want to starve the federal government so it can't function. but that isn't worthy of support.

See where they talk about increase in stock prices, offsets any boycott by a huge margin ...............

Get the fuck over it folks, this IS the coming future for our Corporations who have the ability!!

Uh. Burger King is not a public company; it's owned by a Brazilian based private equity fund.
Anybody or anything that takes a stand against excessive taxation deserves support from Americans. Not, though, from either Kenyans or liberals posing as Americans.

ignorant people who don't understand that you don't divest your country of revenues do not deserve support.

there are good and proper taxes. there are bad taxes. you need to be discerning enough to understand which is which.

there will always BE taxes. and there SHOULD be because that's how we pay for things like roads.

I understand rightwingers want to starve the federal government so it can't function. but that isn't worthy of support.

It's not good and proper to tax income earned in other countries. Not is our government Starved For Funds - if anything it's gorged itself to the point where it cannot be satisfied no matter how much taxes are paid.

Is Burger King’s move to Canada a raw deal for U.S. taxpayers?
August 28, 2014, 12:24 PM EDT
454217402.jpg

By moving its headquarters to Canada, the fast-food chain may also be moving fees it collects from U.S. franchises.

In a deal that has added fire to the controversy over American companies moving their headquarters abroad to secure lower tax rates, fast-food chain Burger King said this week that it plans to buy Canadian coffee-and-doughnut chain Tim Hortons for about $11 billion.

Under current tax law, such a move is perfectly legal; only the stigma attached to these so-called tax inversions have given companies pause. Burger King’s plans, though, could spur other franchises to follow suit, as tax inversions could be an especially tempting way to reduce U.S. tax liabilities for big franchises in the hospitality industry. Like tech or pharmaceutical firms that collect royalties or licensing fees from companies that use their intellectual property, franchise companies collect fees from locally owned establishments that use their brand. A tax inversion makes it easier to assign this fee income to a new ‘parent’ company in Canada or another lower tax jurisdiction. In Burger King’s case, the possibility exists that the company will be able to reassign the fees from its U.S. franchises to Canada and pay no U.S. tax on this income. Other taxpayers here in the U.S. will have to shoulder the burden and make up this shortfall in tax revenue.

Such tax maneuvers aren’t anything new. Many U.S. multinational corporations employ various strategies to pay fewer U.S. taxes. Pharmaceutical and other healthcare companies have figured out how to credit royalties and licensing fees for life saving drugs and devices developed with the support of U.S. taxpayer dollars to foreign subsidiaries in low tax jurisdictions. Another tax-dodging maneuver is to load up a company’s U.S. operations with debt owed to a foreign subsidiary. Interest paid on this debt “strips” income earned in the U.S. by the parent company. Because interest payments are tax deductible for corporations, this reduces the company’s U.S. tax liabilities on income earned in the U.S. Interest payments received by the foreign subsidiary are taxed, if at all, at the lower tax rate in the foreign tax haven. The problem for multinationals that use these tax dodges is that billions in profits earned in the U.S. are locked up in their offshore subsidiaries. They can’t be brought back to the U.S. and used to pay dividends to shareholders, for example, without triggering corporate income tax payments to the IRS.

With tax inversions, by reincorporating overseas and turning the foreign subsidiary into the “parent” company, at least on paper, the company is free to use its offshore cash however it wants without having to pay U.S. corporate taxes on the money. Private equity companies have a history of domiciling portfolio companies that do most of their business in the U.S. in the Cayman Islands or other tax havens. So it may not be surprising that it is Burger King BKW 3.79% , which was formerly private equity- owned and whose major shareholder is still the PE firm 3G Group, whose massive tax inversion deal breaks this mold. Most tax inversions involve a large U.S. multinational acquiring a small subsidiary, but Burger King and Tim Horton’s are both multi-billion dollar businesses with similar market capitalizations. Most tax inversions have been motivated by a desire to bring offshore profits back to the U.S., but Burger King doesn’t have much in the way of profits parked offshore.
[?/Quote]

as the admin uses the cloward-pivens strategy to wreck the system from the inside, you blame sensible people for not wanting to fund it..

This country is finished.

Predfan, you apparently don't understand state finances. When a state like Nebraska underfunds highways, broadband, education, medicaid, etc., it's citizens, communities, counties, and state infrastructure falls into a "stressed" category and allows application for federal aid and grants. IOW, red states like Nebraska have relatively low state taxes, but that means they don't fully fund things they need; consequently, they get aid from all other states through pooled federal funds--paid by federal taxes.

I see this all of the time. Yes, Nebraska farmers get checks from the federal government, paid by federal taxes.

Get it yet?

Jesus Christ how thick headed are you anyway? Do you read the posts you respond to?

This thread is about corporate taxes. Originally someone complained about the highest corporate taxes in the industrialized world PLUS in the cases of states like NY, additional STATE taxes. Then you, who apparently doesn't read the posts, or has severe reading comprehension troubles, claims that red states are supported by blue states. The problem is that everyone pays federal taxes so when one state gets more than another it's true but it has nothing to do with the point if the post you responded to or the thread. You are confusing state and local taxes with federal. I tried to point that out to you but you probably didn't read it.

It's a myth, blue states do not support red states even if that had anything to do with anything.

Do YOU get it yet? Probably not. You probably didn't read this post.

You are convinced of that because you either don't read the posts here or you don't understand them.

BK, has not and is not likely to move its headquarters.

I am not a fast food aficionado, but I do support Burger King and other companies moving their headquarters to other country when Democrats control our nation and raise taxes for corporations believing that that will rake in more money for them to spend.

If I liked those nasty burgers Burger King sells, I would start eating there.

Forum List

Back