🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Impact of the NFL National Anthem Controversy

LeftofLeft

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2011
Week 3 saw every team take one side or another and teams' efforts to try and keep unity whether that be locking arms, kneeling, sitting on the bench, or staying in the locker room. My question is, where is this going to go? I see the next phase being disruption and distraction. Players will run out on the field, stretch, sprint, etc. to detract during the playing /singing of the national anthem. Also, what about the fans in the stands? Many of them have been imbibing for 2-3 hours before kickoff. Some fans will take their hats off and salute while other fans may kneel or turn their backs. That is a recipe for violence and potentially, riots.

The NFL has got a bad PR situation right now. If they ever want to recover, they better figure out a true path towards unity. You got fans on one side boycotting games and advertisers because a QB has not been signed and you got fans on the other side burning their NFL merchandise, giving up tickets, and cancelling NFL TV Subscriptions. This will all equate to lower revenues which means, lower paychecks.

ESPN and the NFL are working with Soros to destroy the franchise and hurt middle America in the process.

The NFL and the left already lost this battle. They chose poorly. I watched the anthem last night to see what they would do and I'd be hard pressed to think of a more pathetic attempt at trying to save face and your ass at the same time.

Keep it up, NFL. Watching college football is vastly superior to watching a bunch of overpaid malcontents.

Quick question for all you who say that taking a knee is disrespectful to the military................

Do you know WHY Kaepernick decided to go from sitting to taking a knee? It's because he got a letter from another player from Seattle who was also a former Green Beret who had seen him sitting on the bench during the anthem. He told him he thought a better idea would be to take a knee instead of sitting down.

Here..............read the letter yourself....................

A Green Beret who played in the NFL writes Colin Kaepernick a letter

If taking a knee was suggested by a Green Beret, how is it disrespectful to the military?

Lower demand, Lower revenues, lower paychecks. Plus, there's talk of an upcoming strike.

Quick question for all you who say that taking a knee is disrespectful to the military................

Do you know WHY Kaepernick decided to go from sitting to taking a knee? It's because he got a letter from another player from Seattle who was also a former Green Beret who had seen him sitting on the bench during the anthem. He told him he thought a better idea would be to take a knee instead of sitting down.

If taking a knee was suggested by a Green Beret, how is it disrespectful to the military?
Just because one military person said so doesn't make it a good idea.

Hey, I'm a 20 year Navy veteran who has served in 4 war zones, and I support Kaepernick's protest.

Free speech means that I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Not everyone thinks that way

Hey, I'm a 20 year Navy veteran who has served in 4 war zones, and I support Kaepernick's protest.

Free speech means that I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
Well thank you for defending my right to say I think it's bullshit and CK is an asshole.

Well thank you for defending my right to say I think it's bullshit and CK is an asshole.

So how do you feel about Nate Boyer, you know, the Green Beret who got Kaepernick to start taking a knee instead of sitting?

What, exactly, are you/he protesting and what does that have to do with our flag or national anthem?

Didn't say I was protesting. I said that as a 20 year veteran, I support Kaepernick's right to peaceful protest and free speech.

Kaepernick is protesting the fact that lots of young black men are killed for no reason by cops.

Somebody should tell fox. They think that one Steeler represents all ex military.

You already did.Thank you.

Would you have a problem with locking arms but standing during the anthem? I am no fan of kneeling....I wouldn't do it....but locking arms I don't know really that it is disrespectful. The whole issue to me is way overblown. I don't agree with kneeling not do I agree with people trying to ram patriotic mumbo jumbo down my throat either.

So how do you feel about Nate Boyer, you know, the Green Beret who got Kaepernick to start taking a knee instead of sitting?
I kinda think if I got to know him more he may be an asshole too.

But you SERVED, you know what the Constitution stands for; the "stay at homes" like photo op patriotism.

Forum List

Back